Are your silver fillings dangerous?

Are your silver fillings dangerous?

There are 71 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jun 20, 2008, titled Are your silver fillings dangerous?. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

The FDA is looking at whether an old staple of dentistry may be toxic. By VERONICA GORLEY CHUFO 247-4741 June 20, 2008 If you're one of the millions of Americans who have silver fillings in your teeth, a tiny ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Darrell

United States

#62 Jun 30, 2008
Fluoride hardens enamel and prevents decay.
General Ripper

Newport News, VA

#63 Jun 30, 2008
Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?

Well, do you know what it is?

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?
Darrell

United States

#64 Jun 30, 2008
Really?
JH in NN

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#65 Jun 30, 2008
Hell just get them suckers taken out LOL
Silverado

Seattle, WA

#68 Jul 23, 2009
Griff DDS wrote:
I've practiced dentistry 34 years. I have amalgams and my family has amalgams. I was a Naval dental officer with the Third Marine Division - I never saw any "neurotoxicity" among Marines. Most of the people seeking amalgam removal have some form of chronic fatigue syndrome; an illness with many more probable psychogenic causes, as opposed to physical. I have yet to personally meet an individual who felt better AFTER amalgam removal but I've met many who admit there was NO improvement. One of my amalgams was done in 1976 at Camp Pendleton. It and my tooth are still just fine 32 years later. I regularly see amalgams that have lasted over 50 years in my geriatric patients. On the other hand many composites fail at the 5-7 year mark and virtually none make it past a decade in stress bearing areas. One last point - if you want to go to Mexico remember you will get no follow up care. My basic impression is it is very crude, with little concern for periodontal problems; in that it is very much like Balkan dentistry.
What a crock of shit.

After 10 years of my amalgams an IAOMT dentist showed me on a computer screen using a micro camera inserted into the old filling cavities in which mercury had leached and left my sockets black as coal. Every one of them.

How does one "see" neurotoxicity? You cant.
Linda from MS

Millsboro, DE

#69 Jan 15, 2010
I have several fillings replaced in the last few months that were 17 years old. My myasthenia gravis symptoms reduced within 2 days after the last filling was replaced. I knew this was the only thing different in my life so I googled Myasthenia and fillings and I had no clue about mercury in the fillings. Has anyone else had their symptoms reduced within days after removal of fillings ?

Since: Mar 14

Dallas, TX

#70 Aug 11, 2014
For my patients ( http://drsohl.com ) I place tooth-colored fillings made using composite resin. Metal-free, they're perfect for people who want lifelike fillings or who have any metal allergies. In fact, most dental practices place composite fillings nowadays.
Does not matter

Beverly, MA

#71 Aug 11, 2014
Whether or not metal fillings are "dangerous" they do not last very long.

They tend to deteriorate.

So why use an inferior product like that ever?

Since: Apr 15

Location hidden

#74 Apr 15, 2015
It's quite a burning question , whether an unknown quantity of mercury vapor in silver fillings at a constant exposure poses a significant health risk. Actually Amalgams consist of 50% mercury along with a combination of silver, tin, and copper. Nonetheless contact your ortho (Kieferorthopäde München) for more suggestions.

Since: Apr 15

Las Vegas, NV

#76 Dec 11, 2015
I had an experience with dental amalgam. Mercury in dental amalgam is not poisonous. When mercury is combined with other materials in dental amalgam, its chemical nature changes, so it is essentially harmless. The amount of mercury released in the mouth under the pressure of chewing and grinding is extremely small and no cause for alarm. http://www.cumberlanddentistry.com/fillings.h...

Since: Oct 16

Philippines

#80 Oct 20, 2016
Mercury is a powerful neurotoxin and, at certain levels, can cause neurological issues, autoimmune disease, chronic illnesses and mental disorders. The burning question is whether an unknown quantity of mercury vapor in our silver fillings at a constant exposure poses a significant health risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min Cheech the Conser... 1,521,446
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders 8 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
April is Child Protection Month but Trump Hosts... 8 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
News Bush revokes pardon after learning of GOP donation (Dec '08) 11 hr Julios Lottery ti... 15
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 15 hr Murphey_Law 87
News Let's Talk About Something Other Than Casey Ant... (Jul '11) 17 hr Steve Eller 38
caylee anthony>> her biological father (Sep '08) 21 hr Lon Spector 522

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages