Celtics blow past Magic

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Paul Pierce scored 17 of his 24 points in the third quarter to lead the Boston Celtics to their ninth straight win, 107-88 over the Orlando Magic on Monday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of123
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael in Ocoee

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Well, no excuses. Got beat by a better team.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Not surprised at all about the outcome of this game. This game was all about the guards. The Celtics starting guards outscored the Magic's guards 37-10. All together their guards outscored the Magic's guards 54-16. Clearly it is hard to really grade the Magic on this one particular game against the Celtics. The Magic just have too many injuries at the guard position. Tonight it showed. I have a feeling it will be a different story when the Celtics come to Orlando in January.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Good game to see. Celtics handled the Magic very well tonight unfortunately, but I was glad to see Lewis on fire, Battie played well, and Lee looked much more aggressivelly finally, I hope he continues it. I think there are 3 more meetings between the two teams, so let's hope for the team to be healthy and intact next time. I really underestimated our depleted guards. And I didn't know the Celtics, particularly KG were so dirty. Did you see the shoulder shove he did on Howard, but hey, they win their games and apparently that's an o.k. thing to do heh. The Magic got to work on their offense, SVG's post game was very enlightening. I think the Magic can get to their level by season's end I hope, no team could've been a harder game than the Celtics or Lakers; they are two teams that's the measuring stick and the super elite.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

One thing I was disappointed with tonight was nobody coming to Howard's defense after Perkins grabbed him by the shoulders and flung him like a rag doll.

Then later on in the game Garnett bumps Howard after he thought Dwight flattened Paul Pierce. Here Pierce flopped and Garnett bumps Howard. I was glad to see Dwight give him a push afterwards.

Those guys played physical in the second half especially. Next time these two teams play the Magic have to match their intensity.

I think the next time the Magic play the Celtics in Orlando the Magic will win rather easily. The shots will fall this time and everyone will be back healthy.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Also what was the deal with Rivers leaving in his starters up until 5 seconds were left in the game ? I think there was a little message there. That's ok. What goes around comes around.

Since: May 07

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Jim wrote:
Not surprised at all about the outcome of this game. This game was all about the guards. The Celtics starting guards outscored the Magic's guards 37-10. All together their guards outscored the Magic's guards 54-16. Clearly it is hard to really grade the Magic on this one particular game against the Celtics. The Magic just have too many injuries at the guard position. Tonight it showed. I have a feeling it will be a different story when the Celtics come to Orlando in January.
Dead on the money Jim. This is the best post I've read of yours in awhile. The guys are too depleted to hang with one of the top teams in the game right now, but hopefully we'll be back at full speed when we meet again. Keep you the good work Jim, you're way too good of a dude for some of that B.S. you go off on sometimes.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

The Magic must not have a letdown this Wednesday night against Minnesota. They need to jump on them early and put them away. Same thing with Oklahoma City on Friday night.

These two wins will be important heading into the five game two week road trip. Three of those opponents will be hard to beat.(Portland, Phoenix, and Utah).
just me

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I miss Doc Rivers. He was a great coach. He just didn't have the rights players as he does now.
Cocoa Beach Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Man, this blog tonight rocks! NO BS so far!

The difference tonight was IMO was Rondo. The guy had like 16 points, 12 assists and only 3 TO. The big thing was his smothering defense though. The Magic struggled to get their plays started which lead us to a lot of forced up shots.

We really missed Jameer, MP and Keith tonight. We only played 7 guys tonight.

Man, wouldn't it be nice to see JJ shoot 50% for one game? He did have 3 assists and 3 rebounds.
Cocoa Beach Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Jim wrote:
The Magic must not have a letdown this Wednesday night against Minnesota. They need to jump on them early and put them away. Same thing with Oklahoma City on Friday night.
These two wins will be important heading into the five game two week road trip. Three of those opponents will be hard to beat.(Portland, Phoenix, and Utah).
So true, they can't look past these "Should Win" games.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I really don't think there is too much separating the Magic and the Celtics. Even with the depleted roster the Magic hung with them in the first half. We were missing our starting backcourt as well as our top reserve. If these guys play then it is a different story. The Magic WILL win the next game in Orlando next January. And by that time their bench play will have come a long way because of the time they are getting now on the floor. They will only be that much better as a team. If they can win 2 or 3 on this upcoming road trip that would be ok.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Did you see how KG was full-court pressing until the last 5 seconds of the game? lol, I will pay money to see Howard block or bump straight up in the air to one of KG's shots after the ref whistle! Has anyone done this to KG yet? What would the refs do? Everything was after the whistle and initiated by KG.. Anyways, I hope Nelson is back soon and can play at the same level he has been so far this season, they really missed him, and Pietrus/Bogans back too. Rondo beat out AJ everytime with speed! Why didn't SVG just put Lee on him and give AJ to Allen?? This team is shooting 19% 3ball on 20-something attempts, when will SVG focus on shooting and offense again, or change the gameplan to incorporate D12 down-low better?
Cocoa Beach Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I'll tell you, by the end of the 1st quarter, I was hoping Dwight was going to throw an elbow and take out Perkins. He was mugging Dwight.

Dwight would snap Garnett like a twig.

Did you hear what Matty Goukas was saying about the elite teams all being a bunch of whiners after they start winning? He called out the Pistons, Spurs and the Celtics.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

You can't do much either when the Celtics were 64% shooting as a team into the second quarter and then finished 54% for the game. The Magic stuck around pretty decent even with badly lost matchups at PG and SG like Jim pointed out very well in a earlier post.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

And you can be sure that the Magic will remember the Celtics having their starters out on the floor in a blowout in the final minute of play. This, and Garnett pushing Howard. Things will be different in Orlando. Everyone circle your calendars now. I know I have. Thursday night, January 22nd, 8PM on TNT.
Cocoa Beach Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

derek wrote:
Did you see how KG was full-court pressing until the last 5 seconds of the game? lol, I will pay money to see Howard block or bump straight up in the air to one of KG's shots after the ref whistle! Has anyone done this to KG yet? What would the refs do? Everything was after the whistle and initiated by KG **** Anyways, I hope Nelson is back soon and can play at the same level he has been so far this season, they really missed him, and Pietrus/Bogans back too. Rondo beat out AJ everytime with speed! Why didn't SVG just put Lee on him and give AJ to Allen?? This team is shooting 19% 3ball on 20-something attempts, when will SVG focus on shooting and offense again, or change the gameplan to incorporate D12 down-low better?
Yeah, I was wondering why Garnett was pressing up by 15 and less than a minute to go. I want Dwight to dunk so hard and him!

I believe the difference maker tonight was Rondo. That guy killed us tonight. He's one of those "Magic killers". Jameer will give it right back to him with his quickness that AJ lacks.

The bottom line tonight, the Magic missed a bunch of shots and the Celtics play physical, tough defense!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

derek wrote:
Did you see how KG was full-court pressing until the last 5 seconds of the game? lol, I will pay money to see Howard block or bump straight up in the air to one of KG's shots after the ref whistle! Has anyone done this to KG yet? What would the refs do? Everything was after the whistle and initiated by KG **** Anyways, I hope Nelson is back soon and can play at the same level he has been so far this season, they really missed him, and Pietrus/Bogans back too. Rondo beat out AJ everytime with speed! Why didn't SVG just put Lee on him and give AJ to Allen?? This team is shooting 19% 3ball on 20-something attempts, when will SVG focus on shooting and offense again, or change the gameplan to incorporate D12 down-low better?
Good call Derek. KG's full court press until the end will be remembered in Orlando as well.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Haha, win or lose on Jan. 22nd, the Magic will SHOW UP and play very physical on those Celtics.. Win or lose, I'd expect a much closer game.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
I'll tell you, by the end of the 1st quarter, I was hoping Dwight was going to throw an elbow and take out Perkins. He was mugging Dwight.
Dwight would snap Garnett like a twig.
Did you hear what Matty Goukas was saying about the elite teams all being a bunch of whiners after they start winning? He called out the Pistons, Spurs and the Celtics.
Perkins could have got arrested for his assault on DH. The dude grabbed him up high and flung him. Even more bulletin board material for the game in Orlando.
Martin

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I don't know who to blame for Howard's measly 6 free throw attempts, is it him, his teammates, or the coaching staff? This team's record of 13-4 doesn't mean anything at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of123
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,071,385
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min AN other 482,765
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 14 min Maverick 808 17,549
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 32 min LizW 70,384
What life is like for Casey Anthony 1 hr WAS sanka 11
Chocolate chip cookies...storebought or homemade? (Sep '08) 1 hr WAS sanka 19,525
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr RetiredProfessional 96,279
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••