Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Man falls from 17th floor of downtown condo to his death:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_n...

Fox and CFN13 seem to be the only ones with this story that happened some 12 hours ago. I guess the Sentinel staff are too busy answering hate mail to cover the news...

Anyone know which side of the building this happened on????? I live right across the way, was up late & heard nothing!
local

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

ETA this happened at the Sanctuary condo just off of Lake Eola in downtown Orlando.
on drugs

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Judged:

He had to be on drugs. Why else would someone jump backwards to sit on a balcony railing?

4th of July Balcony fall
in downtown Orlando

ORLANDO -- One man is dead after falling several floors off a balcony at a condominium in downtown Orlando late Saturday.

Police said the man fell from a 17th floor balcony at the Sanctuary Condominiums, on South Eola Drive, onto a fifth floor ledge.

Witnesses on the scene said the man jumped backward to sit on a railing on the balcony, but ended up going over the edge.

The incident remains under investigation.
Jason Johnson

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Anyone know (or is any news outlet reporting) a name?
girl downtown

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

on drugs wrote:
He had to be on drugs. Why else would someone jump backwards to sit on a balcony railing?
4th of July Balcony fall
in downtown Orlando
ORLANDO -- One man is dead after falling several floors off a balcony at a condominium in downtown Orlando late Saturday.
Police said the man fell from a 17th floor balcony at the Sanctuary Condominiums, on South Eola Drive, onto a fifth floor ledge.
Witnesses on the scene said the man jumped backward to sit on a railing on the balcony, but ended up going over the edge.
The incident remains under investigation.
My friends were at the party and informed me that not only was he NOT on drugs, he also wasn't drunk. He also didn't JUMP backwards to sit on the rail, but rather scooted his seat up to sit on it, and a friend saw he was about to lose balance and went forward to settle him, to help him, but it ended up making him lose his balance more and he fell. I'd rather not see an innocent victim of a tragic accident get his name soiled.
Sad Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

I was at that party and left just one minute before this happened. He was a very polite man. He did not seem to be on drugs or drunk. He was a fun guy that had a great day with friends and is no longer with us. I am especially sorry for my friends that saw more than anyone should ever see. He is from out of town and his family might not have been notified yet, otherwise I would tell you his name.
Anonymous

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

I knew the guy he was a 25 year old kid.
sad girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could have kept this from happening.
free2comment

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Judged:

why is there so little info coming out on this story???? why the secrecy????
Anon

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
I knew the guy he was a 25 year old kid.
life of every party, good kid. Often made reckless decisions, but it doesn't change the fact that a life has been cut short at way too young of an age. To those that were there and witnessed this, his friends and most of all his family, you will all be in my prayers. Rest in peace.
Cindy

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

I was there too. I would really like to know his name.....this is so sad.
Cindy

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

For who asked which side it happened, it was the Pine Street side.
local

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

They finally released the name -- Wyatt Cragan.

And according to the police investigation and report, he did indeed jump backward to sit on the railing. Any witnesses who claim it happened otherwise need to speak with the police.
anonymous

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

I was there and I just can't get it out of my mind it's such a horrible horrible thing. I still feel sick to my stomache.
Cindy

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Thank you, Local, for putting his name out there. What a shame.....my heart goes out to his friends and family....
Jill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

So sad. I know his family must have so many questions. Anyone there should really get their story out. Especialy with the conflicting reports we have so far.
None

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

He had to have been on something
Andrea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

very nice guy..he was my neighbor's best friend! very very tragic. She is not doing well..she is going to spend some time with his family! Truly nice guy!
Friend

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Wyatt was one of my best friends from home. All of us back here in Boston are struggling to stomach this. Anyone who met Wyatt knew that he was one of the most positive, sincere and happy people on the planet. He was the most well liked person I have ever know. Everyday we had with him was a blessing. I miss you so much buddy.
*It would be appreciated if people could refrain from the un-grounded negative assumptions about drugs etc. This was a terrible accident and family and friends shouldn't have to read that nonsense.*
Sarah

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

My prayers and thoughts are with all of his family and friends.
Does anyone know who he was with in Orlando?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Even Steven 1,084,085
Teen Challenge Exposed By Action 9 News (Feb '08) 28 min phone room employee 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,905
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr Lon Spector 65
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 2 hr irish_girl28 1
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 4 hr Lon Spector 172
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Murph 70,408
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr The Real Missyfit 484,396
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••