Tennessee now number one in Meth use

Tennessee now number one in Meth use

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee has taken the non-coveted first place spot for nationwide meth use, reports the Tennessean. Data from the first three months of this year shows that the Volunteer State is in big trouble on the amphetamine front, according to one state cop who's dealt with the fallout.
"This used to be a regional problem," said Williamson County Sheriff Jeff Long. "It started in the upper east and southeast and now has moved across the state, unfortunately."
Law enforcers favor making pseudoephedrine - the popular cold medication that's also used in meth production - prescription-only. But a bill to do just that was recently shelved, and making pseudoephedrine harder to get a hold of is not a popular notion. "There's just not any interest," claimed on Tennessee representative, Republican Tony Shipley of Kingsport. "We may never get to a full prescription, because...I don't think 85 percent of Tennesseans are abusing this."

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2013
It's prabably gunna be next to impossible to get a bill passed, he'll the politicians want all the tax payers Money, and the drug dealers, between them and the largest criminal empire in the world the COPS it will never happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Realtime 1,441,523
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min Mothra 61,753
News Board votes to close Eatonville's Hungerford Pr... (Apr '09) 1 hr Hopeful 12
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 98,219
The Cult of Trumpism 13 hr AmericanWoman 3
Trump's Scorched Earth 13 hr AmericanWoman 3
dont trust trump 13 hr AmericanWoman 6

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages