Boca woman sues UF fraternity brother...

Boca woman sues UF fraternity brothers for secretly videotaping...

There are 363 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Boca woman sues UF fraternity brothers for secretly videotaping.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Ben Farias, of Delray Beach, left, and Kyle Kraft, of Winter Haven, were convicted of misdemeanor voyeurism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Injun Lover

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jul 31, 2008
wy is this news
OReillys Loofah

Laguna Niguel, CA

#3 Jul 31, 2008
At one time this may have been thought of as a prank straight out of a 21st century version or Porky's.

Not any more.
Boca

Bangkok, Thailand

#4 Jul 31, 2008
If outrage is a cause of action then all of South Florida should be in the dock.
Bluto

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2008
Very amatuerish and not up to Animal House standards. For that alone these young men should be punsished
Citizen

Hialeah, FL

#6 Jul 31, 2008
UF is a school in moral decline. They get drunk more than they study. Sexually transmitted diseases are rampant in Gainsville, but it goes unreported by local authorities
Joe

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Jul 31, 2008
Ugly dumb azzes wont be gettin' any soon
Kathy Willets

Miami, FL

#10 Jul 31, 2008
Now this is reprehensible! To video tape a sexualy encounter without everyone's agreement? Who could do such a thing? I just don't get it. Anyone wanna peek at my little black book?
GHOST RIDER

Boynton Beach, FL

#17 Jul 31, 2008
Whoops.
LOL

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Jul 31, 2008
slawt
Sparky

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jul 31, 2008
Just look at them. They're lucky they got any.

No wonder why they taped it.

They figured it was going to be the first and only time and needed to make a deposit in the spank bank.
Morrigans

Flint, MI

#20 Jul 31, 2008
I am not a lawyer yet, but back in my home country, this wouldn't even be a crime... presuming the encounter took place at one of the Fratmen's private house. It would have been their right to film the encounter, especially as she had no reasonable right to privacy, and they would be the copyright holders, free to distribute the film as they see fit. Unless of course, any of them happened to be underaged. In which case, you wouldn't need a lawyer to tell you which laws criminalise that.

I miss Québec.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Jul 31, 2008
Kathy Willets wrote:
By the way, why is it that these things only happen in Florida? Why is every other state normal?
You only think that other states are "normal" because you don't live there and read ~their~ local news.

And in partial answer to your question: Because in Canada they're too busy cutting each other's HEADS OFF on Greyhound buses to spend time videotaping sex acts.(But no, THEY'RE not weird.)
Wow

Boca Raton, FL

#23 Jul 31, 2008
Citizen wrote:
UF is a school in moral decline. They get drunk more than they study. Sexually transmitted diseases are rampant in Gainsville, but it goes unreported by local authorities
What a moron. You can't even spell Gainesville, and yet you think you know all about UF. I guess it's not your fault, though, since you obviously have no chance of ever getting into a real university. But hey, I hear ITT Tech and Tulsa Welding School are looking for applicants.
Free Quebec

Toronto, Canada

#24 Jul 31, 2008
Morrigans wrote:
I am not a lawyer yet, but back in my home country, this wouldn't even be a crime... presuming the encounter took place at one of the Fratmen's private house. It would have been their right to film the encounter, especially as she had no reasonable right to privacy, and they would be the copyright holders, free to distribute the film as they see fit. Unless of course, any of them happened to be underaged. In which case, you wouldn't need a lawyer to tell you which laws criminalise that.
I miss Québec.
I agree.
clean up the teenagers

Concord, NC

#25 Jul 31, 2008
just look at there faces you can read there look of no remorse and who cares,cause you can certainly see they dont.they should have a better and longer punishment and she should sue these punks.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#26 Jul 31, 2008
Free Quebec wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
At least you're in Canada. Do us a favor: STAY THERE.

If you think it's so great, don't vacation here. We don't want you.
TRP

Delray Beach, FL

#27 Jul 31, 2008
It happens in EVERY university/college. Students have intercourse extensively to reduce studies-induced stress-that cannot be stopped. If you commit a crime, then be prepared to face the consequences.
snowbirder

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Jul 31, 2008
The police photo of Ben Farias on the left is priceless. Good job.
Ben Farias's new prison name will be
Ben Dover. Don't worry, victim, Ben
will get it in the end.
Sceptical

Boca Raton, FL

#29 Jul 31, 2008
So...you can't be reached for comment, and your attorney can't either. Yet, you are still filing charges? Strange and suspicous.
Mister Wizard

Hollywood, FL

#30 Aug 1, 2008
If the look alike a**holes they usually are. Ben looks like a D**k and Kyles eyes are too close together and his head is too big, kinda like a Romanian { not that Romanians are bad , they just have big heads}. Ladies if they have eyes that are too close together and look like an a**hole stay away. Just go home and masturbate, nothing wrong with it.
Why has it taken a year to print this story? Or did it take a year for her to press charges?
I am sure their parents are proud of them.
And yes I am Mr. Wizard and am old enough to know everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,621,728
Anybody know what happened to crazy Ron? 5 hr IsisIsInDC 3
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Mary NY 514,206
News Mother: Casey Anthony's Acquittal A Sign From God (Sep '11) 6 hr cadescove99 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr Can t Have It Bot... 64,007
News Orlando cop quits after her arrest -- Political... (May '08) Sun GoGetThem 42
Florida Cops Investgated Sun GoGetThem 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages