Peter Ellenshaw, 93; Oscar-winning special effects artist for D...

Peter Ellenshaw, an Academy Award-winning special effects artist who worked on Disney classics such as "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" and "Mary Poppins," for which he won ... Full Story
Bilberry

Altamonte Springs, FL

#1 Feb 15, 2007
What a great career and legacy -- he's as much an integral part of some of the greatest Disney classics as the Sherman brothers. He created magic by hand, long before it was done with a computer program. Godspeed, Mr. Ellenshaw, and thank you.
JO-ANN

AOL

#2 Mar 24, 2007
I HAVE ELLENSHAW'S "MOONLIGHT SEA" PAINTING. COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE OR IS THE VALUE TODAY
thomaskaye

Pinellas Park, FL

#3 Apr 1, 2007
JO-ANN wrote:
I HAVE ELLENSHAW'S "MOONLIGHT SEA" PAINTING. COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE OR IS THE VALUE TODAY
i have been looking for the same Jo-ann... ive never received any responses on this painting.... if you ever hear please email me at scooterjones02@hotmail.com
Linda

Dartmouth, Canada

#4 Sep 29, 2007
We bought a home in Nova Scotia Canada a few years ago and a large framed print of Moonlihgt Sea was left hanging on a wall with a brass plack on it with the title and a write up of the artist on the back,he was born in 1913.I had removed the print and was about to discard of it when I looked at the back and decided to read and research the artist,so I would also like to know if it has any great value.
Howard

Hamilton, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2008
I also have this painting hanging in my hallway. There are probably more of these out there. I don't think there is any great value. I just enjoy the painting.Nice to know though I have a famous painting.
robert z

Naples, FL

#6 Jun 12, 2008
l have a painting by peter elenshaw called moonlight sea it is also signed by him. would like to know the value of it thank you
wolfgirlemt

Blue Springs, MO

#7 Jun 5, 2009
anyone ever figure this out? I don't think there are very many of these out there. This painting is not even listed on the ellenshaw official website. Also not on ebay or any of the major auction sites or galleries. I have one that I rescued from Goodwill but it has some minor damage. I'm thinking of taking it to a professional restoration artist and trying to get it appraised as well.
lillie b

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 11, 2009
i too have a painting of peter ellenshaw moonlight sea 1913 any one have any infro contact me please thank you.lbcannon56@.com
charles goldberg

Greenwich, CT

#9 May 8, 2013
link: https://www.artbrokerage.com/Peter-Ellenshaw/... there listing a value of $5,000 but they are asking $3,400

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min sonicfilter 1,153,600
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 35 min Vic 96,625
What really happened on air legend Col. Mike Mc... (Oct '07) 1 hr ETrip7 72
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 70,602
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,322
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Earthling-1 49,176
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr MonaLittleMore 490,155
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 10 hr Riverside 26,175
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:29 am PST

NFL 4:29AM