Does diet affect acne?

Does diet affect acne?

There are 24 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Does diet affect acne?. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Here's a question to ponder: Why is acne common in the Western, industrialized world, while the pimples that plague American kids are rare in developing countries? It's a puzzler -- and one that prompted ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Psychology Today

Spring, TX

#26 Jul 2, 2013
Charles R Darwin wrote:
From 2010-2012, 260,000 people in Somalia died as result of famine. I think I'll take a few pimples AND THANK GOD that I have enough to eat. Oh, and approximately 133,000 of those were children under the age of 5.
The moral of the story:
Stop worrying about milk, gluten, and fat content and be grateful that you are not laying on the ground with a distended belly and flies buzzing up your nose.
Disgusting and off topic.

Ever heard of androgens?
Psychology Today

Spring, TX

#27 Jul 2, 2013
One androgen called testosterone can cause acne but is not the only cause.
Bacteria also cause acne. The combination of the two can cause quite unsightly acne. I don't know how pimple-faced boys ever get a date.

Since: Jan 14

Talisay, Philippines

#28 Jan 29, 2014
This is very interesting.
Texas_Ave

Spring, TX

#29 Apr 3, 2015
I don't understand people who don't eat protein, especially those who are diabetic. Maybe they never took any nutrition classes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min dcool 1,432,105
Donald Trump for President 58 min Well Well 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Union woman 61,477
last post wins! (Jul '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 5,974
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 7 hr deplorable spud 11
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr zazz 98,198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sun Murphey_Law 513,498

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages