Motorcyclist dies after crash on S.R....

Motorcyclist dies after crash on S.R. 408

There are 18 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 19, 2009, titled Motorcyclist dies after crash on S.R. 408. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A motorcyclist has died after a crash this morning on State Road 408 . Kevin Joseph Ozakiewicz, 27, of Orlando, was traveling eastbound at a high rate of speed on S.R. 408, 8 miles west of State Road 50, when he entered into a curve and drifted from the inside lane to the shoulder, losing control of his 1997 Suzuki motorcycle and striking the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Uh huh

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2009
Way to pinpoint it. May as well have said 'between Tampa and Daytona'. Lazy slacker...
Aaron

Orlando, FL

#3 Jun 19, 2009
Speeding on a motorcycle with a passenger and no helmets. Hopefully they were organ donors.

No helmets but you better wear your seatbelt in your car or you will get a ticket.
WTF

Winter Garden, FL

#9 Jun 19, 2009
Feel bad for the families and friends.
The laws of physics play no favorites.
Ride like hell, and you'll get there. Sooner or later, especially on a bike.
Country

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Just so you know, it was on the 408 which runs through Orlando and it was in the Waterford Lakes area at the Alafaya exit. Kevin was racing with another bike and also has a passenger named Megan who is at ORMC in Critical condition. They were going home from a good time at Cowboys Orlando.
dumb

Palm Coast, FL

#11 Jun 19, 2009
I knew this guy for a long time, he rode his bike with no regard for any other riders. There was a time on I-4 I was riding near him, and he flew by me going well over 100mph, no helmet, and went in between a group of guys (that he didnt know) and took one of their mirroros off their bike as he went by. They chased him almost to Cowboys the club where he laughed about the incident. Sad, and my prayers go out to his family, just an irresponsible way to ride and a shame.
Brittney

Palm Coast, FL

#13 Jun 19, 2009
RIP Kevin you will truly be missed. Keep praying for Megan

Since: Jun 09

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jun 19, 2009
im so glad i met my wife and she MADE me sell my R6. two months after that my older brother died on his r1. he was speeding like a maniac. except he was out at 3:00am . nobody on the road ,just took a corner to fast. RIP LEO.. fuck motorcycles.
Ash

Lakeland, FL

#16 Jun 19, 2009
crazy wrote:
Good riddance dip 5h1t!
Glad you didn't take anyone else out.
Thanks for not wearing a helmet.
Actually his gf was on the back thanks. dont talk shit about people it could been you or your family then how would you feel
this is sad

Oviedo, FL

#18 Jun 19, 2009
it is a shame that he died, BUT why cant they ride like they will die. these guys dont understand simple physics....100 mph to a sudden stop will just plain kill you and your passenger.
Donna

Palm Coast, FL

#21 Jun 22, 2009
The article is incorrect according to the truck driver that hit him. Actually he wasn't speeding. He lost control coming out of a corner and hit the guardrail. Megan flew off first but Kevin & his bike was thrown back into the road and hit by and 18 wheeler. Thank god the truck driver stopped or no one would have known about Megan. I have known Kevin for over 12 years and he may not have been the safest rider/driver. I think everyone should remember that regardless of how you felt about him that he has loved ones and they will be reading these blogs, messages etc. So please don't act like someone "deserves to die"! It is inconsiderate and thoughtless. Please pray for Megan as she is still in critical condition.
I love INTOreality XOXO wrote:
im so glad i met my wife and she MADE me sell my R6. two months after that my older brother died on his r1. he was speeding like a maniac. except he was out at 3:00am . nobody on the road ,just took a corner to fast. RIP LEO.. fuck motorcycles.
Donna

Palm Coast, FL

#22 Jun 22, 2009
The article is incorrect according to the truck driver that hit him. Actually he wasn't speeding. He lost control coming out of a corner and hit the guardrail. Megan flew off first but Kevin & his bike was thrown back into the road and hit by and 18 wheeler. Thank god the truck driver stopped or no one would have known about Megan. I have known Kevin for over 12 years and he may not have been the safest rider/driver. I think everyone should remember that regardless of how you felt about him that he has loved ones and they will be reading these blogs, messages etc. So please don't act like someone "deserves to die"! It is inconsiderate and thoughtless. Please pray for Megan as she is still in critical condition.
dumb wrote:
I knew this guy for a long time, he rode his bike with no regard for any other riders. There was a time on I-4 I was riding near him, and he flew by me going well over 100mph, no helmet, and went in between a group of guys (that he didnt know) and took one of their mirroros off their bike as he went by. They chased him almost to Cowboys the club where he laughed about the incident. Sad, and my prayers go out to his family, just an irresponsible way to ride and a shame.
Donna

Palm Coast, FL

#23 Jun 22, 2009
sorry, i meant my last reply to someone elses comment.
I love INTOreality XOXO wrote:
poor taxpayer

Oviedo, FL

#24 Jun 22, 2009
little mac wrote:
darwin is awesome.
Darwin has a great work ethic. Darwin is on the job 24/7. Especially he is working weekends and holidays and late nights (after bar closures).
Ryan

Belfast, UK

#25 Jun 22, 2009
I knew Kevin from the few times that we had talked at Cowboys. He was a great person and he was smiling every time I ran into him. Those of you that have been rude and heartless in your post, I hope you someday understand the stupidity in what you have written. I ride every day and I know that the only way to ride in Orlando is aggressive. I cannot count the number of times that someone has made a right on red after looking right at me and pulling out right in front of me. RIP Kevin. You will be missed by the many that knew you.
Family

United States

#26 Jun 23, 2009
This has been an extremely difficult time for us and thanks Donna for posting the true story. That is the facts from the investigation report from the Dot. Kevin we love you and will always hold you I'm our hearts!!! For always...

Love your entire family
Debby

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jun 24, 2009
I am Megan's mother and would like to thank those of you that had kind words and wishes for my daughter's recovery. I certainly hope that everybody here remembers that innocent families read these posts and even though you may not agree with things that Kevin or Megan did, this is not the time to leave your negativity. If you would like to do something more positive, please write to Tallahassee for them to reinstate the helmet law. My daughter did not understand the risk fully when she climbed on the back of a motorcycle and is now suffering greatly. Laws should be in place to protect innocent people. Surely, they should have a law to drive awareness on motorcycle safety when they enforce a seatbelt law in a vehicle!!!

Thank you,
Megan's mother
Family

United States

#29 Jun 24, 2009
We completely agree with Megan's mom and we are currently writing to let everyone know that Kevin and Megan would want good to come out of this tragedy. We are still mourning the loss of our brother, son, uncle and bestfriend and are all writing letters to make this law happen no matter what we need to do. Megan is deeply in our hearts and is being prayed for every second of everyday. We believe that Kevin is in a better place watching over us all and is going to help Megan recover as quickly as she can. Our hearts go out to everyone involved or impacted by this accident.

Kevin rest in peace we love you for always and Megan get better soon. If there is anything we can do other than prayers let us know.

God Bless!!!
Debby

Virginia Beach, VA

#30 Jun 24, 2009
Thank you for your well wishes and prayers! You are all in mine every day and am just so sorry for everybody involved.

It looks like Megan will recover but she has a long and painful road ahead. However, her evaluation is still in process.

Take care and God Bless your family,
Debby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,458,785
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DaGood DaBad And ... 62,325
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr zazz 98,272
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 22 hr Maggie McGee 73,750
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun YIM 7,942
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sun Murphey_Law 512,863
News Hollywood hospital administrator quits after li... (Jul '08) Sun Catpeople 268

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages