Driver rear-ended, killed

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A 26-year-old Orlando man was killed early Sunday after his car was rear-ended at Oak Ridge Road and John Young Parkway by a drunken driver, police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Line Cook

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

I worked with Karl Krumrey at the resturant, we bumped heads from time to time but he was a good kid, he didn't deserve this...i am fighting my own deamons when it comes to drinking and to know a co worker died from something like this makes me sick and mad that i could have been the other driver

Karl, you know i'm not a man of god but may you be at peace, we all miss you at work
Kris Krumrey

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

Hello to everybody... My name is Kris Krumrey, I am Karl's brother. The memorial service will be this thursday May 24th at Reese's Funeral Home at 6767 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, Florida 33772. Viewing is 10 to noon & the service is noon to 2pm. Our home address is Juli Finger (mom) 6760 Burning Tree Drive Seminole, Florida 33777. He was a hell of a young man who didn't deserve to die like this. He was a brother, the youngest son, a Godfather to Shawn Robert Krumrey, a singer, a natural born entertainer, a best friend... a man who made a difference in people's lives. He MATTERED. I LOVE YOU BRO. You will live on in my and your friends hearts forever and a day. Until we meet again. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Kris Krumrey

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

Oh... if anybody reads this and knows Karl and he made a difference in your life or if you have a positive memory that you shared with him could you please email it to eight-ball2005@Hotmail.com. Thank you
Kenny Allen

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

The truth is, I
really don't want to have to be writing this... Those of you in our old karaoke circle, back in the days of MusicMan Karaoke ACES, know that KJ was a talented, funny, caring person that we were all blessed to have known. I haven't spoken to him in just over eight months, and now I am regretting that even more. He became a major participant in our karaoke shows and promotions. I will be working on getting some kind of memorial
presentation with the photo's and film
footage... This world is a better place for having KJ in it, now darker for him being gone...
REST IN PEACE, YOU'RE HOME NOW...
If you are interested in a copy of my memorial to KJ, please contact me at:
KennyAllen7@gmail.com with a subject of: KJ Memorial...
Jessica

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

I hope he gets the death penalty. KJ did not deserve this. See you all Thursday at the memorial service.
Jesus

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

In times of dispair hold on to your faith and know that God is with you. It's hard to understand when a life is lost. But know that God is with you. Trust in the Lord your God and he will send his spirit known as "The Comforter" who will give you peace.
"God, forgive my sin and hear my prayer, Let your holy spirit comfort those who are hurt in their time of mourning. Let them know that you are with them to comfort them and that they can lean on you and receive your peace."
Blessed are those who give their life to the lord, for in death they have eternal life. Jesus died to give us life.
Peace from LaurellWood

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

A lot of us did not know KJ firsthand, but that is not to say we didn't know of him. His Mother spoke about him frequently, as she did of her other children. She, along with KJ, took pride in his accomplishments and pain in his failures. But, ALWAYS loved unconditionally! Her children's photos are beautifully framed and on her desk here at work, where they are displayed for all to see. KJ came to LaurellWood Nursing Home and sang karaoke with the residents who live here. He touched many lives in a very positive way. Our thoughts and prayers are lovingly sent to the parents, family and friends of this precious soul. Please know there are those who care deeply!
Heather Carr

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

Oh god....I dont even know where to begin....I just cant believe that this is real. I love KJ so much, and cant believe that he is no longer with us. I keep thinking that this is just a bad dream that I will wake up from and he will be here, walking through the door with his great smile, that could make anyones bad day a good one. What an amazing person he was, and will always be in my heart forever!!!!! I love you KJ and miss you so much!!! You didnt deserve this at all!!!! You left sooner than your time on this earth was done.
LeeAnn Nolte

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

Karl was a great guy and did not deserve this!! I only knew him for about 6 or 7 months, after meeting him on his last cruise for Carnival, but I am so glad I did get a chance to meet him - and I will surely never forget him - niether will my mom or sisters that were with me on the cruise.
Bad things always happen to good people - I just hope justice will be brought and the man responsible for this will pay for what he did that night - choosing to drink and drive and killing an innocent man.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Karl's family during this time.
Virginia F

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

I did not know him personaly but I have friends who are friends of his and this is a very tragic thing to happen to someone who is so young. He was loved by so many and did not deserve this to happen to him.
I hope the guy who did this gets what is coming to him.
Mike Hinkley

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

KJ, I knew you as a small boy when you and your family lived in Greensboro. I remember you having quite alot of energy as a young child. You certainly could make your Mom & Dad laugh.
God speed KJ. We are all very bleesed to have known you. May God continue to bless your family and your friends.
Tim

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

KJ.

I M sure you have a mic and a crowd waiting 4 you on the other side.

Peace,
Sleep well my Friend
Chris Webb

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

My deepest sympathy to all of the family
I knew KJ mostly as a child when they lived in greensboro nc. I will never forget the times he would jump off the porch playing superman. From reading things that his friends and co-workers have posted on this site I KNOW that he grew up to be a SUPER YOUNG MAN. Rest In Peace My Friend
T Marshall

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

This is the saddest thing in life. I feel nothing but outrage and anger for the senseless loss of this young man. To Karl Sr., his father, just want you to know that all of us back here in Michigan are thinking of you and praying that your family gets through this with alot of love that surrounds you.
Sigma Pi

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

We Will miss you Brother...
Rachel Lovely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

I met KJ on Feb 5,2007 on Karoke night at Kitty O' Sheas, which is crazy since I can't sing worth a damn. I had been going through a very hard time in my life and my sisters had literally dragged me there. I remember sitting at the table minding my own business when all of a sudden I heard someone with the voice of an angel singing the one song that I had listened to EVERY night for almost a year, I looked up and that beautiful stranger was KJ and the song was Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity"... We came into eachother's life in a time when we were both in our darkest hour and needed eachother. We shared a very deep connection that was beyond this world and I will never forget it. KJ...I know you will be watching over all of us in "Silent Lucidity"...
Amber Feltner

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

I've known Karl for the past nine years. We met in high school where we had similar tastes in music and pop culture. Over the years we've been through alot together, whether its been meeting up for coffee, going to the bars, singing karaoke, playing quiz bowl tournaments, or dancing in canada we had a great time. One thing I will definately miss about Karl was his uniqueness- being seventeen years old he wasn't afraid to drive around in an old purple bmw blaring Motley Crue or Jim Steinman songs. He had a way of talking that was all his own and a way of entertaining a crowd. There are no words that can encapsulate how refreshing it was to have someone who wasn't afraid to do what they loved no matter what the outcome in life. Often my friends and I have laughed to ourselves about the things he's done, often ending conversations with "that's so karl," and it was. It is sad now to have to talk of him in past tense, and to know there will never be new conversations about karl that will end in such a manner. I'm going to miss him, and I still can't believe he is gone.
Fraternity Pin

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

I would like you to know that my brother cherished his time with his brothers in Sigma Pi. When he passed, he had his Fraterinity pin in his wallet. I know carry it with a heavy heart but know that you all loved him as a brother. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kris Krumrey
Jamie Quinn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

I hadn't seen KJ in ten years or more, but growing up our parents were close and he and Kris were like my brothers. That closeness is something that neither time nor death can change. The day I heard about the accident, my first thought was one of irony...he was one of the most ALIVE people I've ever known. KJ - you will be missed greatly and never EVER forgotten. Thanks for the memories and the laughs, you crazy ass!
Kenny Allen

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

The Following link will take you to the video memorial I put together for KJ.

http://video.google.com/videoplay...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,079,096
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min That Laughing Guy 483,828
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 2 hr Lon Spector 133
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr PATHETIC PRINCESS 5,274
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr Lon Spector 35
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 7 hr Cheese 17,566
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr Children should be loved 96,315
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••