Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#71379 Sep 1, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish Allbodies a wonderful holiday weekend.
I was without phone or internet for most of two days. Now I have it intermittently. Very frustrating!
Liz---I don't know whether the contractor tried to call me or not but yesterday I got a registered letter with two $700.00 money orders in it. That is less than I had asked for in the court filing, but close.
My 17 year-old has not had his first baseball game yet. He was supposed to go to a community college a couple of hours from here today, to work out with their team. Then they changed the date to Tuesday. They will go up Monday evening, I think.
My 15 year-old's football team had a scrimmage last night and midnight madness following. I haven't heard how the scrimmage went. Midnight Madness advertised that there would be some sales that would rival Black Friday.
Good Morning All and Hope Everyone is having a good weekend?

Murph is your phone thru the cable company? Ours is and doesn't work half the time, which doesn't bother me that much since I don't like talking on the phone anyway.

I think you told me about this midnight madness things before or was that after homecoming when all the local stores close down and then reopen with big sales?
The coaches were happy with the scrimmage. It was hard to tell what was going on or who was who. The all just had on practice jersey's with no numbers. The only 2 I could pick out were the very tall one and the biggest player. The others all looked the same.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71380 Sep 1, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. Happy Labor Day!
We got a little bit of rain during the night. I don't have to water this morning. Doing the Happy Hobble.

Liz, I have AT&T. Some people told me they had tried to call me and the phone rang and rang. Others said they had tried to call and kept getting a busy signal.

Yesterday was nice. My younger son and DIL brought breakfast over and ate with me, then son filled the pond.
Then I went to little Ryder's First birthday party, which was at the park. He is so sweet. He has learned to say, "Say cheese.", so every time a camera is aimed at him, he says, "Say cheese."

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71381 Sep 3, 2014
Good Morning All.

Murph Ryder is so adorable. Did he enjoy his first Birthday cake?

School started tomorrow and the first game is Friday night. Noah's all excited ( about the game not school). Does your GS have a game this weekend?

Even thou it's Sept this week we've been having the biggest heatwave of the summer. Suppose to be 90 on Friday.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71382 Sep 3, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All.
Murph Ryder is so adorable. Did he enjoy his first Birthday cake?
School started tomorrow and the first game is Friday night. Noah's all excited ( about the game not school). Does your GS have a game this weekend?
Even thou it's Sept this week we've been having the biggest heatwave of the summer. Suppose to be 90 on Friday.
Hey, Liz and Allbodies. I hope your day was good.

Yes, Ryder Loved his birthday cake and seemed to enjoy ripping the paper off the gifts. It still seems a little mean to me to have a little one year-old open something, then immediately whisk it away and go on to the next gift. They want to Play with what they just opened.

We got some rain Monday night. I didn't think we got a whole lot because, usually, there is water standing between my neighbor to the north and me. I was reading on FB people from down town, less than a mile from me, said they got 5 inches and their streets were flooded.

I think GS plays Friday night. Last week was just a scrimmage.

My 17 year-old GS has gotten letters from Ohio, Nebraska, and several community colleges in Kansas, wanting him to participate in their team's practice. His dad has made arrangements for him to get out of school for a couple of the out of state offers. These are just to let the coaches see what the kids can do.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71383 Sep 8, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph how did GS's game go?

The season started here Friday night but almost all the games in the county got postponed halfway thru because of lightening.

What have you been up too?

I might want my old car back. Saturday was a nice, sunny day and I was driving around with my windshield wipers on. Couldn't figure out how to turn the damn things off. I finished grocery shopping and was standing there pressing the button to unlock the car for about 5 minutes before I noticed I was trying to unlock someone else's car. FRIGS.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71384 Sep 8, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Liz and Allbodies. I hope your day was good.
Yes, Ryder Loved his birthday cake and seemed to enjoy ripping the paper off the gifts. It still seems a little mean to me to have a little one year-old open something, then immediately whisk it away and go on to the next gift. They want to Play with what they just opened.
We got some rain Monday night. I didn't think we got a whole lot because, usually, there is water standing between my neighbor to the north and me. I was reading on FB people from down town, less than a mile from me, said they got 5 inches and their streets were flooded.
I think GS plays Friday night. Last week was just a scrimmage.
My 17 year-old GS has gotten letters from Ohio, Nebraska, and several community colleges in Kansas, wanting him to participate in their team's practice. His dad has made arrangements for him to get out of school for a couple of the out of state offers. These are just to let the coaches see what the kids can do.
Wow Murph that's great news. I bet GS is thrilled to be able to practice with the college teams.
Does it seem like he wants to go to a local college or somewhere further away?
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71385 Sep 8, 2014
Liz---I replied. So where did my post go????
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71386 Sep 8, 2014
Instead of practicing with the team, like he thought, they had him running, throwing, hitting, etc., while the team watched. The he got to sit in the dugout while the team practiced, then they took him on a tour of campus. He really likes this school.

At Ryder's party, I sat next to his aunt who was telling how sick she had been. Her mom said, "You shouldn't be sitting next to Big Mama." All my GS's family got it and it hit them pretty hard. Then my daughter got it then I got it. My youngest GS walks here from high school and his dad picks him up when he gets off work. He was telling me that he thinks he has it and he said at least half the kids in his class were coughing all day. It is upper respiratory. Lasts 3 days, seems to be gone, then come back.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71387 Sep 13, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph does it seem like your GS is seriously considering this school? It's probably a liability issue why GS wasn't able to practice with the team or have one on one contact. Did they ask to see film of GS?

A couple days ago you posted the pic of that small child with the hand, foots and mouth disease. The article said it usually cleared up in about a week. I'm not sure if practicing out in the high temps made it worse but Noah had a ton more marks than that child did and after they blistered it still took weeks before he was clear.

Have your nights been getting cooler? Damn. At the game last night I was expecting to see snow flakes at any time.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71388 Sep 14, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph does it seem like your GS is seriously considering this school? It's probably a liability issue why GS wasn't able to practice with the team or have one on one contact. Did they ask to see film of GS?
A couple days ago you posted the pic of that small child with the hand, foots and mouth disease. The article said it usually cleared up in about a week. I'm not sure if practicing out in the high temps made it worse but Noah had a ton more marks than that child did and after they blistered it still took weeks before he was clear.
Have your nights been getting cooler? Damn. At the game last night I was expecting to see snow flakes at any time.
I think GS really likes this school. He will play in Nebraska on October 10.
Yes, the coaches request all kinds of baseball records and any videos.

My gosh, I hate to think of poor Noah having that. The child in the picture I posted looked totally miserable.

It has been getting in the mid-50s at night. My sophomore GS said he nearly froze paying football on Friday. They played in another town, so I don't know how cold it got there. They got their butts handed to them.

I was without telephone or internet from mid Thursday afternoon until 9:30 this morning. AT&T trucks have been parked across the highway (half a block from my house) every Saturday for a month and most of last week. Now they have a pretty little umbrella covering some kind of box on a telephone pole.

My bathroom has been torn up since the first week in July. I found a new person who thought he could start two weeks from the time I talked to him. Then the woman at the house he is working on added some more work and he thought it would take another week. Then, he called and said he didn't think he could get to it until the 23rd. This morning he came by and said he and his crew could be here at 8 AM tomorrow.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71389 Sep 15, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph the pic of the little boy with the virus looked like he had a mild case. Noah was covered with the marks, then they turned into blisters and his skin was just falling off. I was changing his sheets and vacuuming everyday to get rid of all the dead skin.

How long does the new contractor think it will take to finish your bathroom?

Did I tell you Jerrod is working as a physical therapist at a nursing home and one of his patients had a stroke right in front of him? This was a couple weeks ago and the man is doing better now.

Same thing here with the games. Last week Noah's team had their asses handed to them, this week they lost too but at least it was close. After every game the coaches have been tweaking different positions. I have a feel next Noah will be the head cheerleader.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71390 Sep 15, 2014
Murph I think I told you before about the boy on Noah's team with autism. Friday night the cheering section of kids from the school kept chanting his name, the coach must have heard and put him in towards the end of the game. He was so happy. I spoke with him after the game and he said it was his best day ever. Made me want to cry.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71391 Sep 15, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day.

Liz--Lol--head cheer leader!!!
I am so glad they put that boy in the game. I wish coaches would do that more often.

My bathroom guys are here now, Praise the Lord. The main man said yesterday that he was figuring 4 days, max.

My oldest daughter got me a trash can, bath mat, toilet rug, shower caddy, and some towels when she was on vacation way back when the crazies first started tearing up the bathroom. They have been languishing in a corner of my bed room ever since.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71392 Sep 15, 2014
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day.
Liz--Lol--head cheer leader!!!
I am so glad they put that boy in the game. I wish coaches would do that more often.
My bathroom guys are here now, Praise the Lord. The main man said yesterday that he was figuring 4 days, max.
My oldest daughter got me a trash can, bath mat, toilet rug, shower caddy, and some towels when she was on vacation way back when the crazies first started tearing up the bathroom. They have been languishing in a corner of my bed room ever since.
I'm glad the new guy's showed up. Hopefully by the end of the week you'll have your new bathroom.
I still miss the stories about the other two. I especially liked when he needed to take his blood pressure at your house. Now we'll never find out where they stashed Mama..........FRIGS.

I think I told you about that guy I went to high school with ( actually he was good friends with my old BF from High School) and we started to chat on Facebook a couple years ago. Anyway his wife is the one who needed the bone marrow transplant. She decided against the transplant. The doctors said even if she did have the transplant she would live no more than a couple of years. It's just so sad and she's so sick. The doctors don't expect her to live more than a month.
You know that isolation thing your Ya-Ya did. Well she had it done a couple times and her immune system never recovered.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71393 Sep 15, 2014
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad the new guy's showed up. Hopefully by the end of the week you'll have your new bathroom.
I still miss the stories about the other two. I especially liked when he needed to take his blood pressure at your house. Now we'll never find out where they stashed Mama..........FRIGS.
I think I told you about that guy I went to high school with ( actually he was good friends with my old BF from High School) and we started to chat on Facebook a couple years ago. Anyway his wife is the one who needed the bone marrow transplant. She decided against the transplant. The doctors said even if she did have the transplant she would live no more than a couple of years. It's just so sad and she's so sick. The doctors don't expect her to live more than a month.
You know that isolation thing your Ya-Ya did. Well she had it done a couple times and her immune system never recovered.
That is so sad about your friend's wife. I would think that she probably hopes that it will happen sooner rather than later. It would be horrible to be that sick for two years even if there was hope of eventually getting well. i can't imagine how it must feel to be so sick and know you are not going to get any better.

I sort of miss all the wacky BS those former workers put out. I should have taken notes. I am just glad I don't have that creepy old fart following me around, telling me stuff I did Not want to know.
The new workers spent most of the day tearing out the mess the former people had made. I don't like that both the former people and these new guys are using my brand new walk-in tub as a dumpster.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71394 Sep 19, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph what's the status on your bathroom?

Oh man. The friend with the sick wife has a cabin up in the Adirondack's. He and the wife would go and vacation/relax there and get away from it all. She wanted to go up one last time to say goodbye. Her doctor's agreed to let her make the trip ( she had to be transfused first). I'm not sure if you could see the pic on Facebook or not but he posted a pic of her standing on the porch in front of the cabin. It was just heartbreaking.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71395 Sep 19, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph what's the status on your bathroom?
Oh man. The friend with the sick wife has a cabin up in the Adirondack's. He and the wife would go and vacation/relax there and get away from it all. She wanted to go up one last time to say goodbye. Her doctor's agreed to let her make the trip ( she had to be transfused first). I'm not sure if you could see the pic on Facebook or not but he posted a pic of her standing on the porch in front of the cabin. It was just heartbreaking.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.

Liz--I didn't see that picture. It would probably make me cry.
Bathroom is going very slowly and youngest son told me yesterday that is looks like an gas station bathroom. Call me Martha Stewart.
There was a funny conversation here yesterday that reminded me of what you said about Noah might get moved to head cheerleader.
Son---"Son, would you want to help me put a new fan belt on the Explorer?"
GS--"How long will it take?"
Son--"Depends on how fast you move."
GS---"Will I get dirty?"
Son--"What the he.........."
GS-- "I have cheer practice this evennig."
Son--"You have WHAT??????'

Turns out, every year they have a big pep rally bonfire. There are two cheer groups in each class.
For the bonfire, each of the two groups get to choose a boy who will be cheering with them.
Youngest GS got chosen from the Freshman class. His older brother got chosen for the Sophomore class. The older one was chosen last year so, since he already knew the drill, he didn't have to practice, Freshman GS had never done it before so the girls are making him practice with them.(I'm sure he hates that! LOL) Oh, I So Wish I could go to that bonfire!!!!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71396 Sep 21, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph if sounds like your schools go all out for Homecoming. Is the Bonfire right on school grounds? Here there's no Bonfire but there's fireworks after the game. The night before the big game they have what's called a powder puff game. The girl's play football and the boy's cheer.
This years homecoming was a real zoo. The entire campus was jam packed and people were parking across the street at the grocery store.

Did GS's team win? Noah's getting frustrated. They had their ass handed to them again.

Oh man I felt bad for the people next to me. They had all their video equipment set up to record the game and see their son play. They pointed out there son to me and told me it was the son's first year and varsity and prior to that he was on the JV team but never got much playing time. So after halftime the Mom asked me if I thought the coach would start rotating the other kids in soon. Obviously after asking me a question like that I knew if was their first kid every playing a varsity sport. I didn't have the heart to tell them that a rotation probably wasn't going to happen so I just told them if there's was a rotation it would happen in the 4th quarter, last 2 min's and only if the score wasn't close. The rotation never happened. After a couple more games I'm sure these people will figure out how the team rolls.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71397 Sep 21, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph if sounds like your schools go all out for Homecoming. Is the Bonfire right on school grounds? Here there's no Bonfire but there's fireworks after the game. The night before the big game they have what's called a powder puff game. The girl's play football and the boy's cheer.
This years homecoming was a real zoo. The entire campus was jam packed and people were parking across the street at the grocery store.
Did GS's team win? Noah's getting frustrated. They had their ass handed to them again.
Oh man I felt bad for the people next to me. They had all their video equipment set up to record the game and see their son play. They pointed out there son to me and told me it was the son's first year and varsity and prior to that he was on the JV team but never got much playing time. So after halftime the Mom asked me if I thought the coach would start rotating the other kids in soon. Obviously after asking me a question like that I knew if was their first kid every playing a varsity sport. I didn't have the heart to tell them that a rotation probably wasn't going to happen so I just told them if there's was a rotation it would happen in the 4th quarter, last 2 min's and only if the score wasn't close. The rotation never happened. After a couple more games I'm sure these people will figure out how the team rolls.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a very happy Sunday.

The bonfire was at the park where the stadium is located. It is a couple of miles from the school.

My cousin and her husband are coming this afternoon. I am eager to see them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71398 Sep 21, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a very happy Sunday.
The bonfire was at the park where the stadium is located. It is a couple of miles from the school.
My cousin and her husband are coming this afternoon. I am eager to see them.
Hope you have a good afternoon with your cousin. I just finished doing yardwork. Not a second too late, just as I was heading in it started to pour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,395,333
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 6 min WeTheSheeple 1,349
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 28 min southern at heart 283
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 36 min Pietro Armando 37
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Isabella Fireray 12,677
H Clinton Demands USA Take 65,000 Muslims 1 hr Wake Up People 13
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr 2all 60,098
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages