Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71338 Aug 13, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.

It is wonderfully cool here right now. That will change in an hour or two so I am enjoying having all the doors open while I can.

Oldest daughter and her family are vacationing in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I wish I were with there. GS has been fishing from the balcony of their condo. I could handle that!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#71339 Aug 13, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my birthday, but you made my day happy anyway!
I know it's not, but I was so excited that I remembered my password, I had to celebrate SOMETHING. So it was your birthday.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71340 Aug 13, 2014
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's not, but I was so excited that I remembered my password, I had to celebrate SOMETHING. So it was your birthday.
I feel So Honored! It was really nice having a happy birthday today. Did you play Happy Birthday on your Kazoo for me??????????

Write that password down and stick it under a flower pot somewhere.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71341 Aug 16, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is just what you want it to be.
It is lovely here, for the moment, but will be hot before long. With no rain. Because some of y'all have gotten all of Our rain.

My bathroom contractors put a 7 day finish time on the contract. After 32 days, they walked off the job, having done nothing but gut the bathroom and put the new tub in and floor tile. The rest is a black hole. They put up some wall board on the south wall (in 4 flippin' pieces, and every piece is so raggedy I swear, with my RA hands and a hack saw, I could have done a better job!! The reason, She (the wife, contractor and one who has done most of the work), said her husband felt that I didn't have confidence in his work. I actually didn't know He had done any work. She was usually in the garage cutting wall board (which she put up in raggedy pieces) or in the bathroom working and he was usually following me around, talking, talking, talking, telling me some of the most intimate Chit that I wouldn't tell my best friend. The real reason he got mad? I had a friend over and we went out to pick plums. Sure as hell, here he came, barging in on the conversation just as he had done every single time I have had company. I was a little brusque with him because I was getting really tired (after a full month) of not being able to visit with my company because of him barging in. When she told me on the phone that my lack of confidence was why they quit, I told her it didn't have Anything to do with my confidence in them, it was the fact that I had been a little brusque with him when he horned in on yet another visit. She said, "Well maybe he is overly sensitive!"
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#71342 Aug 18, 2014
Hello everyone.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#71343 Aug 19, 2014
Good Morning All

Jean that's awful what's happening in Ferguson. I hope it's not close to where you live.

Murph I'm kind of disappointed. I like hearing stories about those two contractor's. How did you ever find them in the first place? Did you find anyone else yet to finish the job?

A couple weeks ago I decided to get rid if my SUV and buy a new car. I've only driven the car a handful of times but Noah's sure been enjoying it. He calls it " The whip". Anyway first time I took the whip out I went to the grocery store and couldn't get the damn keys out of the ignition. Just as I was about to give up and go shopping and leave the keys in the car some kid working in the parking lot walked by and got the key's out for me.
A couple days later I was going to my sisters and wanted to put something in the truck. Couldn't get that opened with the remote or the key. Frigs there's a special lever for that too.

Not to mention every time I do take the car out I forget what it looks like and end up walking all over the parking lot like a crazy person.

This past weekend I went to put gas in the whip. That didn't go smoothly either. The little door for the gas cap doesn't open without releasing a lever from inside the car. Damn if I knew where that lever was. I ended up asking some guy at the gas station for help. He had the nerve to say that he gathers I haven't had the car for too long!

Frigs I'm ready to trade this in and get my old one back.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71344 Aug 19, 2014
Good afternoon, Jean and Liz and Allbodies.
Liz--I feel your pain. When I traded my Rav 4 for a Camri, I kept thinking what have I Done????? I loved the Camri, but I Really loved that Rav 4.

These contractors did a good job for my daughter. I think they looked at me and saw "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead. I am glad they quit because, after 32 days, I was getting really tired of them. That old man (he's only 65 but looks 75 or 80) was getting creepier by the day and she (52) went from warm and fuzzy to ice cold when I first told her I needed invoices.

Jean--I sure hope you are feeling better. Talk To Us!!!!!!!!!!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71345 Aug 19, 2014
Murph do they owe you money now? Did they turn over the invoices?

The SUV was getting too hard for Mom to get in and out of for her appointments plus now that the kids are older I just didn't need something that big. Not to mention it was time for inspection and that always sets me back a few hundred.
I forgot to mention I'm not use to being low and in a car. Every time I get in the car I hit my head ( Like I really need that).
Murph wrote:
Good afternoon, Jean and Liz and Allbodies.
Liz--I feel your pain. When I traded my Rav 4 for a Camri, I kept thinking what have I Done????? I loved the Camri, but I Really loved that Rav 4.
These contractors did a good job for my daughter. I think they looked at me and saw "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead. I am glad they quit because, after 32 days, I was getting really tired of them. That old man (he's only 65 but looks 75 or 80) was getting creepier by the day and she (52) went from warm and fuzzy to ice cold when I first told her I needed invoices.
Jean--I sure hope you are feeling better. Talk To Us!!!!!!!!!!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71346 Aug 19, 2014
Makes me sad seeing all these kids Noah went to school with leaving for college this week. Makes me even SADDER that next year Noah wants to go to a state school that's only about 20 minutes from here and live at home. Don't want to push him out the door or anything but he's pretty well set on not wanting to live on campus.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71347 Aug 20, 2014
LizW wrote:
Murph do they owe you money now? Did they turn over the invoices?
The SUV was getting too hard for Mom to get in and out of for her appointments plus now that the kids are older I just didn't need something that big. Not to mention it was time for inspection and that always sets me back a few hundred.
I forgot to mention I'm not use to being low and in a car. Every time I get in the car I hit my head ( Like I really need that).<quoted text>
They never turned over the invoices but I have been able to track them down, the places they went and how much they spent on each item. All I need to do now is to get prices on the wood trim that is up in my garage, and I will be able to fill out the court sheet.

I called the lady at the judicial center today and, if I understood her correctly, the judge will give her a form and they have to list their assets and have 60 days to do it. That bothers me. A person can hide a Lot of assets in 60 days!
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71348 Aug 20, 2014
LizW wrote:
Makes me sad seeing all these kids Noah went to school with leaving for college this week. Makes me even SADDER that next year Noah wants to go to a state school that's only about 20 minutes from here and live at home. Don't want to push him out the door or anything but he's pretty well set on not wanting to live on campus.
I'm with Noah. I think the kids are far better off that first year if they go to a community college or a state college close to home. Too often, when they are out on their own for the first time and in a party town, it is like, "Grades? What grades?" "Classes? What classes?"

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71349 Aug 22, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
They never turned over the invoices but I have been able to track them down, the places they went and how much they spent on each item. All I need to do now is to get prices on the wood trim that is up in my garage, and I will be able to fill out the court sheet.
I called the lady at the judicial center today and, if I understood her correctly, the judge will give her a form and they have to list their assets and have 60 days to do it. That bothers me. A person can hide a Lot of assets in 60 days!
I'm still trying to figure out where Mama is. If they hid Mama I'm sure they'll hide their assets. Actually I never knew the defendant had to list assets for a small claims suit.
I talked to daughter about this. First ask them for the money back ( on the off chance they just might pay up), even if they don't pay up at least you have a record and can tell the judge you first asked for a refund before filing the motion.

Here's the bad news ( besides Mama being MIA), If you're awarded a judgement and these two don't have regular employment, it's not that easy to collect the money.

Wondering if they carry any type of insurance for this type of situation, I'm guessing not.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71350 Aug 22, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with Noah. I think the kids are far better off that first year if they go to a community college or a state college close to home. Too often, when they are out on their own for the first time and in a party town, it is like, "Grades? What grades?" "Classes? What classes?"
I hear you. Especially for boy's being away from home for the first time. They think it's " party time 24/7"

Zach had a friend who went away to the University of Alaska. Besides tuition his parents spent a lot of money just sending him and his belonging to Alaska. The kid went to 2 weeks of classes, partied the rest of the time. This parents spent all that money and the kid came home after one semester with ZERO credit hours.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71351 Aug 22, 2014
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still trying to figure out where Mama is. If they hid Mama I'm sure they'll hide their assets. Actually I never knew the defendant had to list assets for a small claims suit.
I talked to daughter about this. First ask them for the money back ( on the off chance they just might pay up), even if they don't pay up at least you have a record and can tell the judge you first asked for a refund before filing the motion.
Here's the bad news ( besides Mama being MIA), If you're awarded a judgement and these two don't have regular employment, it's not that easy to collect the money.
Wondering if they carry any type of insurance for this type of situation, I'm guessing not.
I talked to a woman yesterday who said she had taken a worker to small claims court and the judge didn't give him 60 days to list his assets. He just told the man what he owed her and told him he had 30 days to pay. But, from what I have heard from others, if the man Hadn't paid, it would have been on her to get the money from him.

I am sure these people don't carry insurance. I doubt they have ever filed an income tax return.

Yesterday my helper mentioned a mutual friend who had hired these people once. I called the friend and she said they had finished her job (with lots of missed days that always involved them having to do something for either his mama or her mama).
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71352 Aug 22, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day.
This should be an easy day. My helper was here yesterday and the mower was here yesterday evening. I watered the plants and filled the pond yesterday and filled out the paper work for small claims court, so all I need to do today is pet duties and take the papers to the judicial center.---And, first, get myself out of my jammies and into the shower.

Those dogs have never once set foot in the swimming pool I got them. I am still trying to figure out what Megyn wants from me. She has "accidentally" knocked me down twice, once yesterday morning and has "accidentally" bit me on the hand twice while we're playing with the teddy bear.
She breaks into a big smile when she sees my daughter or SIL. I try to get her to smile at me like that and she just ignores me. I tell her---Life's a bitch and then one adopts you!"
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71353 Aug 22, 2014
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you. Especially for boy's being away from home for the first time. They think it's " party time 24/7"
Zach had a friend who went away to the University of Alaska. Besides tuition his parents spent a lot of money just sending him and his belonging to Alaska. The kid went to 2 weeks of classes, partied the rest of the time. This parents spent all that money and the kid came home after one semester with ZERO credit hours.
Heehee--They should just think of it this way--he will remember his awesome Alaskan vacation Forever!
Marley

Belle Vernon, PA

#71354 Aug 22, 2014
Jean wrote:
Hello everyone.
Hello Jean,
It's always so good to see you.
Marley

Belle Vernon, PA

#71355 Aug 22, 2014
Just here for a couple minutes, but it is really just me, Marley.
marley

Belle Vernon, PA

#71356 Aug 22, 2014
Marley wrote:
Just here for a couple minutes, but it is really just me, Marley.
I love you sis. We gotta stand fast in the faith thru this!
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71357 Aug 23, 2014
marley wrote:
<quoted text>I love you sis. We gotta stand fast in the faith thru this!
Hey! I hope everything is going well and hope Bear is doing well.
Miss you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Canuk 1,604,154
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Murphey_Law 513,712
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr zazz 98,520
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 22 hr Rectal Blaster 1,336
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) Sun Thaliamar Jimenez 161
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages