Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71276 Jun 22, 2014
LizW wrote:
Murph that's so awesome. Glad you had a nice day.
Any weekend plans yet?
PS..........That storm video I showed you, a transformer fell on 2 cars and both caught on fire with the drivers stuck inside. Luckily the fire dept responded quickly and everyone was safe. <quoted text>
I can't think of anything more frightening than being stuck inside a car with an electric transformer burning on top of me. I would have nightmares for a while. Thank God they were safe. That storm looked really fierce.

Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a happy Sunday.
My cousin, Pam, and her husband are coming this afternoon. I am eager to see them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#71277 Jun 23, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph I hope you enjoyed your visit with Pam.

The pics of the cars on fire was very scary. The fire was huge. The fire chief was on TV saying if it ever happens to you, never get out of the car, just wait for the fire department to arrive. Either way the situation is dangerous, I would think the passengers only had a matter for seconds to escape and wouldn't have time to wait for the fire department if their car was engulfed in flames.

Oh and more cars have been being shot at or whatever is happening. Police still don't have any clues.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71278 Jun 23, 2014
LOL..........Guess who's down on the farm for a couple days? Football starts in a little over a week so he figured he might as well get his farm visit over. I think since that Brutal Christmas time farm visit he's only made once appearance this year.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71279 Jun 26, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph where have you been?
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71280 Jun 26, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph where have you been?
I just got out of the hospital. My right hip, which has never hurt me, started hurting like crazy on Tuesday morning and, by 5PM, it wouldn't bear my weight. Daughter took me to ER. The doctor promised I could get out this morning. I waited until 10 o'clock and called daughter to come get me, then went to the desk and told them I wanted the forms to sign in order to check myself out. The doctor came just as I was signing. She was really nice about it, and even apologized.

I am on Mega steroids, even though I kept saying, "My body can't handle steroids." The MRI showed a mass of inflammation around my hip joint. The ortho doctor said I could take steroids or he could schedule me to have all the fluids removed.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71281 Jun 27, 2014
How are you feeling now? For you to go to the hospital I know the pain had to be excruciating. Did you decide what you're going to do? Is having the fluids removed a outpatient procedure?
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got out of the hospital. My right hip, which has never hurt me, started hurting like crazy on Tuesday morning and, by 5PM, it wouldn't bear my weight. Daughter took me to ER. The doctor promised I could get out this morning. I waited until 10 o'clock and called daughter to come get me, then went to the desk and told them I wanted the forms to sign in order to check myself out. The doctor came just as I was signing. She was really nice about it, and even apologized.
I am on Mega steroids, even though I kept saying, "My body can't handle steroids." The MRI showed a mass of inflammation around my hip joint. The ortho doctor said I could take steroids or he could schedule me to have all the fluids removed.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71283 Jun 27, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71284 Jun 28, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a happy day.

Please pray for Makenzie. She was admitted to the hospital in Dallas again last night. She has Osteo Narcosis which causes extreme shooting pain in her arms and legs as well as swelling and redness. She also has a compression fracture in her spine that is extremely painful and her chest is hurting her a lot. The transplant team doesn't think there is rejection going on, thank God. She has remained so positive and upbeat but, oh my God, that girl needs a Break!
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71285 Jun 29, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really lovely Sunday.
Assuming it is Sunday.
Liz--Is today Sunday??

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71286 Jun 30, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph it's Monday today ( I think).

How are you feeling?
I'm praying for Mackenzie. Have you heard any updates?

How's your weather been? Yesterday it reached 90 here. I was outside for a few hours doing yard work and almost felt like I was going to pass out.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71287 Jun 30, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph it's Monday today ( I think).
How are you feeling?
I'm praying for Mackenzie. Have you heard any updates?
How's your weather been? Yesterday it reached 90 here. I was outside for a few hours doing yard work and almost felt like I was going to pass out.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.

No updates on Makenzie yet, Liz. She definitely is in need of our prayers.

We had a big rain Saturday afternoon and again Saturday night, then it got really hot and steamy. It felt hot and steamy again today when I first opened my doors this morning. I am leaving them open for a little while, anyway. I enjoy listening to the birds.

Jean--If you are reading here: I answered every time you called and I could hear you breathing, but I guess you couldn't hear me saying Hello Hello Hello. I sure hope you are ok.
anna

Pittsburgh, PA

#71288 Jun 30, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
No updates on Makenzie yet, Liz. She definitely is in need of our prayers.
We had a big rain Saturday afternoon and again Saturday night, then it got really hot and steamy. It felt hot and steamy again today when I first opened my doors this morning. I am leaving them open for a little while, anyway. I enjoy listening to the birds.
Jean--If you are reading here: I answered every time you called and I could hear you breathing, but I guess you couldn't hear me saying Hello Hello Hello. I sure hope you are ok.

I'm wishing you the best Sis. I will write to you by my own hand , so you know it is Really me.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71289 Jul 4, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a very Happy Fourth of July.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71290 Jul 6, 2014
Good Morning All

Hope everyone had a nice 4th.

Did you have a family picnic?

I know what you mean by the steamy weather, same here. Seems like we went straight from zero degrees to 80-90's.

Did I tell you I re-did one of the bathrooms? I changed everything over to a pretty green and ivory color. Anyway I wanted new bath rugs. I swear I bought rugs from every store in the Rochester area and none of them worked out. Finally I found some I liked at Kohl's. Now this week I have 8 rugs to return to various stores. Whew..........glad the bathroom rug dilemma is finally over.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71291 Jul 7, 2014
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a terrific day. My day will be wonderful because my cousin will be here. Her husband had to cut down an Oak tree that was close to 150 years old and they are bringing me a load of Oak for my fireplace for next winter.

Liz, I know that is a big relief to have that bathroom finished. I'll bet it is beautiful. My nightmare is just starting. People came last week to look at and measure a small bathroom and are supposed to bring me a bid this week. I need to put a walk-in tub in there. It will Not be like the Jacuzzi that I had put in the master bathroom. This is just a basic tub and shower, only with a door on the side so I don't have to step over the side of the tub, and long handles to turn the water on and off. My other fixtures will be just like what I have, only the sink will have long handles. My hands have trouble gripping the knobs that I have now.
I really dislike having people in my house working and the mess that is created. I like these people, though, and they have done some really good work for my daughter.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71292 Jul 10, 2014
Good Morning All

Muprh we need to start posting more. It took me 5 minutes to find this thread in the forum listing.

BTW..........It's Thursday ( I think)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71293 Jul 10, 2014
I'm glad you had a nice visit with Pam. How's everything else going?
Have they started installing the new tub yet?

LOL..........I have a new name for Noah. One of their customers at the bar asked them if they wanted to start selling pickles at the farmer's market on Saturday mornings. They've done it twice so far and sold out in a 3 hours profiting a couple hundred dollars. Now I'm calling Noah " The pickle Boy"..........of course he's not crazy about his new nick.
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a terrific day. My day will be wonderful because my cousin will be here. Her husband had to cut down an Oak tree that was close to 150 years old and they are bringing me a load of Oak for my fireplace for next winter.
Liz, I know that is a big relief to have that bathroom finished. I'll bet it is beautiful. My nightmare is just starting. People came last week to look at and measure a small bathroom and are supposed to bring me a bid this week. I need to put a walk-in tub in there. It will Not be like the Jacuzzi that I had put in the master bathroom. This is just a basic tub and shower, only with a door on the side so I don't have to step over the side of the tub, and long handles to turn the water on and off. My other fixtures will be just like what I have, only the sink will have long handles. My hands have trouble gripping the knobs that I have now.
I really dislike having people in my house working and the mess that is created. I like these people, though, and they have done some really good work for my daughter.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71294 Jul 10, 2014
LizW wrote:
I'm glad you had a nice visit with Pam. How's everything else going?
Have they started installing the new tub yet?
LOL..........I have a new name for Noah. One of their customers at the bar asked them if they wanted to start selling pickles at the farmer's market on Saturday mornings. They've done it twice so far and sold out in a 3 hours profiting a couple hundred dollars. Now I'm calling Noah " The pickle Boy"..........of course he's not crazy about his new nick.<quoted text>
Pickle Boy--I like it.
I had a really nice day Tuesday. My friend who used to help me invited me, all last summer, to come swim in her pool. Tuesday, my best friend was here. She said she was going to go swim in other friend's pool and other friend insisted that she bring me. To my amazement, I said ok. It was just wonderful. We had a really good time, floating on the pool mattresses and catching up.
I don't have the bath tub yet. The contractor called the Home Depot headquarters to get specs emailed to her. She told me she didn't think I would like the tub. When she brought the specs over, I didn't like it. I found a different one and she was going to get the specs last night and bring them over sometime today. She is going to do the bathroom from ceiling to floors, so it may be torn up for up to 7 days. She said she thinks they can do it in 4 days, but she put 7 days on the bid/contract to give them wiggle room.
Murph

Parsons, KS

#71295 Jul 10, 2014
We have a soft, gentle rain falling right now. It would be nice if it would continue all day.--Only my wussie dogs don't want to go potty.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71296 Jul 10, 2014
You weren't doing any back flips or cannon balls in the pool were you?

I bet the bathroom will look great when it's finished. What color tile and walls are you doing?

Yesterday I was coming home from taking Mom to a appt and there were about 6 police cars and new stations at a intersection near my house. A car hit someone on a bike. Most of it was cleared up by the time I went thru but it looked pretty bad. There was a shoe and backpack in the middle of the road. Crime scene tech's were there taking measurements. Then there was a young man maybe late teens standing with some police officers crying hysterically. I'm thinking he was the one who hit whoever was on the bike. I pray the person on the bike is going to be okay.

How are the Ya-Ya's doing?
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Pickle Boy--I like it.
I had a really nice day Tuesday. My friend who used to help me invited me, all last summer, to come swim in her pool. Tuesday, my best friend was here. She said she was going to go swim in other friend's pool and other friend insisted that she bring me. To my amazement, I said ok. It was just wonderful. We had a really good time, floating on the pool mattresses and catching up.
I don't have the bath tub yet. The contractor called the Home Depot headquarters to get specs emailed to her. She told me she didn't think I would like the tub. When she brought the specs over, I didn't like it. I found a different one and she was going to get the specs last night and bring them over sometime today. She is going to do the bathroom from ceiling to floors, so it may be torn up for up to 7 days. She said she thinks they can do it in 4 days, but she put 7 days on the bid/contract to give them wiggle room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,641,120
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Fugooo 64,113
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,586
News Woman raped in MetroWest (Feb '07) 15 hr Survivor 81
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 hr ANGHARAD 514,569
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... (Apr '17) Sat T3xxy 192
Chitlin Ice Cream Thu Magic 4

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages