Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71160 May 8, 2014
LizW wrote:
That's cool that the boy's are playing against each other. Hopefully of it rains there it won't be until after the game.
I just came back from Home Depot. I'm pretty sure I'm driving myself nuts with all these projects I had in mind. There's a good chance I'll be in the loony bin by next week.
I saw this video a couple months ago on how to refinish furniture to give it that high-end Pottery Barn look using a low luster black paint. So I buy everything and then started thinking I might not want the black, so I went for this color called espresso ( brownish black). It came out looking like shiit brown. So I went back to home depot to get the black paint. At the last minute I decided to buy a lighter black shade. Damn now the cabinet I was doing looks gray. I need to wait until the paint dries and see what I think then. So far it's looking like high-end K-Mart!
I'm going to take a nap and stop stressing over it. Besides it's only for Noah's room. I'll have it covered with gatorade bottles in no time at all.<quoted text>
I'm afraid we are not going to get any rain at all. We were in a thunderstorm watch from 8 PM, but that has been dropped and we have not seen a drop of rain yet. We desperately need some rain.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#71161 May 9, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph how did the game go?

Any rain in sight yet? We had thunder last night but I don't think it rained.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71162 May 9, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph how did the game go?
Any rain in sight yet? We had thunder last night but I don't think it rained.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy freak-azz Friday.
(Pssst, Liz--is today Friday?)

We got a little bit of rain and I am thankful for it, but we sure could have used more.

I haven't heard from anyone yet and the sports pages only carried track and swimming today so I don't know how the game turned out last night. I will hear at coffee time this afternoon and it will be in the paper tomorrow.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71163 May 11, 2014
Good Morning All and Happy Mother's Day.

Murph it's Sunday ( I think). Wasn't it last year you got all those hoses for Mother's Day? Every time I walk by them in a store I can't help but think of you and laugh.

I've been so busy creating one mess after another. Again I was at Home Depot. This time I bought paint for Mom's room and Noah's room. They both need makeovers. Just hoping the paint looks okay once it's on. After it was mixed neither color was what I was expecting.
I finished the cabinet I was working on , rather got sick of looking at it. All it needs now is the hardware which I did buy already but not sure I like it.

What are you Mother's Day plans?
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71164 May 11, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All and Happy Mother's Day.
Murph it's Sunday ( I think). Wasn't it last year you got all those hoses for Mother's Day? Every time I walk by them in a store I can't help but think of you and laugh.
I've been so busy creating one mess after another. Again I was at Home Depot. This time I bought paint for Mom's room and Noah's room. They both need makeovers. Just hoping the paint looks okay once it's on. After it was mixed neither color was what I was expecting.
I finished the cabinet I was working on , rather got sick of looking at it. All it needs now is the hardware which I did buy already but not sure I like it.
What are you Mother's Day plans?
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish each of you you a Happy, Happy Mothers Day.

Liz---Yes, last year each of the kids got me a pocket hose. I wouldn't mind getting 4 more this year, heehee. The ones I got were pitiful and now they are advertising that they 3X stronger.

I sure wish we had a Home Depot. It is probably a good thing that there' not one here that I can prowl through--I would be buying stuff for all sorts of projects that I would never be able to start or, worse, start and not be able to finish..

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#71165 May 11, 2014
Happy mother's day to all. Hope it is special for each and everyone of you.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#71166 May 11, 2014
Happy Mothers Day to all.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71167 May 11, 2014
covcas wrote:
Happy mother's day to all. Hope it is special for each and everyone of you.
Happy Mothers Day to you, Covcas. I had a wonderful day with all the kids dropping in.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71168 May 11, 2014
Liz--I hope your Mothers Day was good. Heehee--I got 2 50' pocket hoses, that are supposed to be 3X stronger. maybe that only means that it will be 3 weeks before they explode in my hands, instead on 1 week.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71169 May 12, 2014
Good Morning Ladies. Hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71170 May 12, 2014
Are you friggen serious? You got more hoses? LOL
Glad you had a nice day with the kids. I'm surprised you don't have a Home Depot. I thought just about everyone did. I know you talk about going to Ace, we have a couple in Rochester, but I don't think they do a lot of business here. It's mostly Home Depot and Loews.
Murph wrote:
Liz--I hope your Mothers Day was good. Heehee--I got 2 50' pocket hoses, that are supposed to be 3X stronger. maybe that only means that it will be 3 weeks before they explode in my hands, instead on 1 week.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71171 May 12, 2014
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.

Liz--yep, more hoses. I was happy to get them because the regular hoses hurt my hands and I just had one 50'(similar to a pocket hose) that I got at Ace last month. I just hope these really are 3X stronger! I also got 2 more boxes of Russell Stover. I have two unopened in my fridge, which I got for Easter, which stayed unopened because I was still working on the ones I had gotten for my birthday just the week before.

Things are revving up here with everyone panicked for time to get things done. Youngest GS has 8th grade promotion on the 20th, classmates supposed to be here some time over Memorial Day weekend. Oldest GS and Fiance's wedding is May 31 and big birthday party for Landyn on June 7. His party will be mainly family, but with our family, DIL's side of the family, and Jacob's family and just a hand full of friends, this could be 45-50 people. There is more stuff going on in between, but I can't even remember what.

I promised myself that I wasn't going to get all frantic about what to wear to this wedding, but I am beginning to feel a little stressed about it.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71172 May 14, 2014
Good Morning All

Wow Murph you do have a lot going on. Have you looked online for something to wear for the wedding. JCP has some nice dressy outfits. 6PM is another good site. What about a nice floral dress with a short sweater or blazer?

Yesterday I just finished putting most of Noah's room back together. The walls aren't the grey I was planning but I bought him a black/grey comforter set so now the walls are looking a little more greyish.

Zach painted Mom's room a light lilac and that paint is close to be what I was expecting. Nancy is suppose to come over today and we're going to look for a new bedding and maybe a rug for Mom.

After this I'm taking a week off from projects and then going to start the dresser for Noah's room.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71173 May 14, 2014

Liz--Those new rooms sound really nice.

Last night, my 2-doors-down neighbor came and asked if she could walk my dogs. I never turn down that offer! She volunteers at the animal shelter where Megyn used to live. She couldn't believe the difference in Megyn. She said Megyn was always a sweet, quiet dog and acted like an old dog. Now, when she and Marley get into their scuffles, she acts like a puppy. She was amazed at the things Megyn can do, such as 'bring the bunny''bring the ball','squeak the ball', etc.
I got her an Easter bunny and, at first, she was very gentle with it. I would tell her, "Get Bunny" and then tell her what a nice bunny she had. Then, one of the kids was tugging on it with her and she started treating it like a tug-toy. Now Bunny doesn't have much cotton left in her at all.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71175 May 16, 2014
Amen and Good Morning.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#71176 May 16, 2014
Awwwww it sounds like Megyn is starting to adjust and is happy in her new home.

Any idea yet what color you'd like to wear to GS's wedding?
Murph wrote:
Liz--Those new rooms sound really nice.
Last night, my 2-doors-down neighbor came and asked if she could walk my dogs. I never turn down that offer! She volunteers at the animal shelter where Megyn used to live. She couldn't believe the difference in Megyn. She said Megyn was always a sweet, quiet dog and acted like an old dog. Now, when she and Marley get into their scuffles, she acts like a puppy. She was amazed at the things Megyn can do, such as 'bring the bunny''bring the ball','squeak the ball', etc.
I got her an Easter bunny and, at first, she was very gentle with it. I would tell her, "Get Bunny" and then tell her what a nice bunny she had. Then, one of the kids was tugging on it with her and she started treating it like a tug-toy. Now Bunny doesn't have much cotton left in her at all.
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71177 May 16, 2014
LizW wrote:
Awwwww it sounds like Megyn is starting to adjust and is happy in her new home.
Any idea yet what color you'd like to wear to GS's wedding? <quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy Sonic Saturday.

It is beautiful here. It was lovely yesterday and I got the rest of my bedding plants set out and dead headed hundreds of Iris. By last night, my hands were so worthless it took me 15 minutes to get my shirt unbuttoned.

Liz--I have decided, at least for the moment, that I am not going to buy anything new for the wedding. I have a pant suit that I paid a lot for and have only worn once because it makes me look like a corpse. I may wear that and just put a sign on my forehead, "Not Dead Yet".
I don't even know what I am going to wear to GS's promotion and it is Tuesday evening.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#71178 May 16, 2014
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy Sonic Saturday.
It is beautiful here. It was lovely yesterday and I got the rest of my bedding plants set out and dead headed hundreds of Iris. By last night, my hands were so worthless it took me 15 minutes to get my shirt unbuttoned.
Liz--I have decided, at least for the moment, that I am not going to buy anything new for the wedding. I have a pant suit that I paid a lot for and have only worn once because it makes me look like a corpse. I may wear that and just put a sign on my forehead, "Not Dead Yet".
I don't even know what I am going to wear to GS's promotion and it is Tuesday evening.
Murph, it is Friday. luv u
Murph

Chanute, KS

#71179 May 16, 2014
Liz--Is it Saturday?

Hey, Jean! It was Saturday all morning, then turned to Friday at noon. I'm not sure how this works.

I remember when youngest son's kids were in grade school. One time he called and asked if I would pick the kids up. I said, "Sure. Where?" He said, "At school." I asked him, "What are they doing at school?"
He said, "They haven't graduated yet." I said, "It's Saturday."
He said, "Ummm--Mama, I'm not sure I want you picking up my kids!"
Love u.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#71180 May 16, 2014
Murph wrote:
Liz--Is it Saturday?
Hey, Jean! It was Saturday all morning, then turned to Friday at noon. I'm not sure how this works.
I remember when youngest son's kids were in grade school. One time he called and asked if I would pick the kids up. I said, "Sure. Where?" He said, "At school." I asked him, "What are they doing at school?"
He said, "They haven't graduated yet." I said, "It's Saturday."
He said, "Ummm--Mama, I'm not sure I want you picking up my kids!"
Love u.
lol. took a nice nap and it sill is Friday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Earthling-1 58,785
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr HELL ON EARTH 513,002
last post wins! (Jul '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 5,925
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 8 hr Princess Hey 4,943
3 word game (Jan '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 13,971
One Word (Jul '10) 10 hr Princess Hey 2,398
The alphabet (Jun '06) 10 hr Princess Hey 1,639
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages