“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70691 Feb 1, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph so glad your daughter's furnace was fixed.
Any plans for the weekend?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70692 Feb 1, 2014
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely, relaxing Saturday.
Liz--Is today Saturday?

The streets and sidewalks are solid ice this morning. My weekend plans are usually just having people stop by for coffee. I doubt that anyone will get out on this ice. I sure hope no one will; it looks really treacherous.

Several in my family have horrible flu-like illness. The ones who were tested for flu were negative. WhatEver they call it, it is some Mean stuff.
So far, Landyn is the only one who tested positive for flu, and he'd had his flu shot and flu-booster shot. He felt much better within 24 hours of being on medicine. This other stuff involves achy bones, bad headache, sore throat, chills and coughing.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70693 Feb 1, 2014
Wow. I just got the mother of all Nigerian scam letters. It looks very official using Bank of America Corporate Office, address, names of officials, etc.
The gig is: My account is going to be turned over, in full, to the United States Treasury within 24 hours, unless I pay this penalty. The penalty is usually $2,500.00, but, if I take care of the problem within 24 hours, the penalty will only be $150.00. Once I click on the link to get the address of where to send the money order, my account will again be open to me and I can begin withdrawing my funds at once.

The amount of money in my account? Fifteen Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars!!!!

Ain't it just Kewl how my nickels and dimes add up!!!!!!!!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70694 Feb 1, 2014
YOU'RE RICH BIITCH!!!!!!!!!!

Now maybe we can take a nicer vacation than that lame place Missy found for us.
Murph wrote:
Wow. I just got the mother of all Nigerian scam letters. It looks very official using Bank of America Corporate Office, address, names of officials, etc.
The gig is: My account is going to be turned over, in full, to the United States Treasury within 24 hours, unless I pay this penalty. The penalty is usually $2,500.00, but, if I take care of the problem within 24 hours, the penalty will only be $150.00. Once I click on the link to get the address of where to send the money order, my account will again be open to me and I can begin withdrawing my funds at once.
The amount of money in my account? Fifteen Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars!!!!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70695 Feb 1, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Times Crossword Puzzle Day? On this day in 1930, The Times published its first crossword puzzle. Trivia buffs: A journalist named Arthur Wynne from Liverpool is usually credited as the inventor of the popular word game.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70696 Feb 1, 2014
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."

Mahatma Gandhi

Level 8

Location hidden

#70697 Feb 1, 2014
Murph wrote:
The sad thing is that they still find people foolish enough to fall for this. Sad.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70698 Feb 1, 2014
Murph are there a lot of case of the flu being reported in your area? I hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon.

We might be getting the ice deal here too. The snow changed to rain but it looks like temps will drop again. I'd much rather have the snow than the ice.

The boy's are having a Superbowl party here tomorrow so I went grocery shopping to pick up a few things. I'm trying a new recipe for their party tomorrow called Italian shredded beef. Seems easy enough. Just put a roast in the crockpot, add good seasoning dressing, peppers and onions. Let simmer all day and shred the beef. Then just but the beef on rolls with melted cheese. I'm might get extra fancy tomorrow and try baking them a cake shaped like a football.

And yes it's Saturday..........I think..........
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely, relaxing Saturday.
Liz--Is today Saturday?
The streets and sidewalks are solid ice this morning. My weekend plans are usually just having people stop by for coffee. I doubt that anyone will get out on this ice. I sure hope no one will; it looks really treacherous.
Several in my family have horrible flu-like illness. The ones who were tested for flu were negative. WhatEver they call it, it is some Mean stuff.
So far, Landyn is the only one who tested positive for flu, and he'd had his flu shot and flu-booster shot. He felt much better within 24 hours of being on medicine. This other stuff involves achy bones, bad headache, sore throat, chills and coughing.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70699 Feb 2, 2014
Good morning, Zazz and Liz and Allbodies.
Liz-- Yes, lots and lots of flu and whatever else this nasty stuff is. They don't put a name on it, but they are giving antibiotics for it.

Zazz--Where you Bin???

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70700 Feb 3, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph for the monthly date Mom and my daughter went to church and out to lunch. Since they couldn't very well go back to the church where Mom said aloud that a lady there smelled like sardines they went to a different church. Other than Mom talking trash about a former priest from that parish as they were walking in the church ( he was arrested for molesting a child) the date went fairly well.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70701 Feb 4, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph where you been?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70702 Feb 4, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph where you been?
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
The snow we were supposed to get during the night turned out to be just a dusting, but it it snowing now and supposed to snow all day.

During bad weather, I really, Really Need that bedroom door that opens on to the porch which opens into the dog pen. I started to let the dogs out this morning and the door knob doesn't work!!!

Yesterday, even though my helper was here, I carried out two big pans of ashes and carted in two big loads of wood from the garage. This morning, I have to do it all again. I don't particularly like winter any more.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70703 Feb 4, 2014
Hoo boy. I would not want to be out on the highway right now. It is almost a white-out. I shoveled the walk, went in to get some melting salt, and the sidewalk was completely covered by the time I got back out.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70704 Feb 4, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Portable Electric Typewriter Day? In 1957, Smith-Corona Manufacturing Inc. of New York, began selling portable electric typewriters. The first machine weighed 19 pounds! Does anyone remember learning to type on one in school?

Level 8

Location hidden

#70705 Feb 4, 2014
Murph, I hope you are being careful when you go out in that messy weather.

Would you mind updating me on Makenzie?

Level 8

Location hidden

#70706 Feb 4, 2014
Did you know...

... that February 3rd was Newspaper on a Train Day? In 1862, Thomas Edison printed the "Weekly Herald" and distributed it to train passengers traveling between Port Huron and Detroit, Michigan. It was the first time a newspaper had been printed on a train.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70707 Feb 5, 2014
Did you know that a couple weeks ago was national eat ice cream day for breakfast day? My Mom saw it on the news, however she's deaf so I'm not sure how accurate the info it. They could have been saying National eat toast for breakfast and she misunderstood.
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that February 3rd was Newspaper on a Train Day? In 1862, Thomas Edison printed the "Weekly Herald" and distributed it to train passengers traveling between Port Huron and Detroit, Michigan. It was the first time a newspaper had been printed on a train.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70708 Feb 5, 2014
I remember typing classes in high school. The only thing I sucked at more than typing was shorthand. Does anyone even do shorthand anymore?
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is Portable Electric Typewriter Day? In 1957, Smith-Corona Manufacturing Inc. of New York, began selling portable electric typewriters. The first machine weighed 19 pounds! Does anyone remember learning to type on one in school?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70709 Feb 5, 2014
Murph with all the millions you found in your bank account last week sure you can pay someone to do that crap for you.

We're suppose to get 9 inches of snow here today. So far there's only about a inch.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
The snow we were supposed to get during the night turned out to be just a dusting, but it it snowing now and supposed to snow all day.
During bad weather, I really, Really Need that bedroom door that opens on to the porch which opens into the dog pen. I started to let the dogs out this morning and the door knob doesn't work!!!
Yesterday, even though my helper was here, I carried out two big pans of ashes and carted in two big loads of wood from the garage. This morning, I have to do it all again. I don't particularly like winter any more.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#70710 Feb 6, 2014
Good Morning All

Murph where are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,220,343
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min bunner 496,322
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Progressive Democrat 52,858
Stroll down memory lane... (Jan '09) 4 hr Tazo 62,592
Montessori Schools (Jul '13) 7 hr Tazo 13
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 17,681
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 12,425
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 20 hr A duck 18,087
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]