Your favorite section of the newspaper is "25 Years Ago
Today."

The parts that have arthritis are the parts where you feel
best.

A big evening with your friends is sitting around comparing
living wills.

Your clothes go into the overnight bag so you can fill the
suitcase with your pills.

Somebody you consider an old-timer calls you an old-timer.

Your idea of a change of scenery is looking to the left or right.

Your knees buckle, but your belt won't.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70540 Dec 30, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph your weather sounds like ours. It was 40 yesterday and suppose to be 10 degrees today and more snow.
I have all the decorations put away except for the tree. I'm leaving it up another couple of days.

What have you been up to?

LOL........here's my latest.

Over the holiday's I came down with the flu and stayed in for a couple days to rest up.
So Saturday I'm still feeling like crap plus stressed out from listening to Noah and his Dad bicker about Noah staying on the farm, etc., but I couldn't hold off going to the grocery store any longer.
So before I ran into the grocery store I stopped at this Chinese restaurant to pick up some takeout. I ordered 4 items none involving chicken. The woman working there repeats my order and added chicken, I corrected her and thought we were squared away. Seriously I told her 3 times NO CHICKEN.
Sonofabitch I get home and instead of shrimp don't I have the damn chicken. Or at least it looked somewhat like chicken ( raw, white, and I don't even like to think about it).
I was already on my last nerve even before I picked up all this chicken BS. So I call the lady and told her I was just there 20 minutes ago and my entire order was wrong. First she acts like she doesn't remember anyone being there. As far as I could tell I was the only customer and just left. Then she says "You have nice scarf, no like chicken". I'm thinking WTF did it matter what I ordered? I was getting chicken regardless if I wanted it or not. She remember's my scarf but can't remember I said no chicken 3 times. I just told her I was sending my Nephew later that afternoon and I wanted a refund.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70541 Dec 30, 2013
I like that.
zazz wrote:
Working for God on earth does not pay much,
but His Retirement plan is out of this world.
Murph

United States

#70542 Dec 30, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph your weather sounds like ours. It was 40 yesterday and suppose to be 10 degrees today and more snow.
I have all the decorations put away except for the tree. I'm leaving it up another couple of days.
What have you been up to?
LOL........here's my latest.
Over the holiday's I came down with the flu and stayed in for a couple days to rest up.
So Saturday I'm still feeling like crap plus stressed out from listening to Noah and his Dad bicker about Noah staying on the farm, etc., but I couldn't hold off going to the grocery store any longer.
So before I ran into the grocery store I stopped at this Chinese restaurant to pick up some takeout. I ordered 4 items none involving chicken. The woman working there repeats my order and added chicken, I corrected her and thought we were squared away. Seriously I told her 3 times NO CHICKEN.
Sonofabitch I get home and instead of shrimp don't I have the damn chicken. Or at least it looked somewhat like chicken ( raw, white, and I don't even like to think about it).
I was already on my last nerve even before I picked up all this chicken BS. So I call the lady and told her I was just there 20 minutes ago and my entire order was wrong. First she acts like she doesn't remember anyone being there. As far as I could tell I was the only customer and just left. Then she says "You have nice scarf, no like chicken". I'm thinking WTF did it matter what I ordered? I was getting chicken regardless if I wanted it or not. She remember's my scarf but can't remember I said no chicken 3 times. I just told her I was sending my Nephew later that afternoon and I wanted a refund.
That is hilarious! I hope you got your refund.

How much longer does Noah have to stay at the farm? I'm sorry---I'm sure he asks you that several times a day.

I know if one of my grand kids were to be asked to stay here 24 hours and take care of me, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Murph

United States

#70543 Dec 30, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. Our day promises to be Cold.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70544 Dec 30, 2013
Did you get any snow today? We ended up getting about 2 inches.

Jerrod went in and got the refund for the food, I doubt the Chinese lady wanted me calling her again. In fact on my way out I had wished I never ordered from that place. As I looked around I noticed it was filthy inside.

Oh shiit I'm glad the Noah/Farm disaster is over with. It started out nice ( or at least for me, I was enjoying the break) The Aunt who watches the Mother came back Friday but his Dad wanted Noah to stay a extra day and give the Aunt a chance to settle in. Meanwhile his Dad is in SC spending Christmas with his oldest daughter and grandson, then Dad, Daughter and Grandson drove back to NY so daughter could visit for a few days. Here's where it gets dicey. Dad wants Noah to stay until he arrives home with the daughter and grandson, by this time Noah's been on the farm a week and ready to escape. He wants to bring Grandma over to the Aunts and leave town. Phone calls are going back and forth between Noah and his Dad, then they both are trying to get me into the mix. Noah's moaning about staying and his Father is going on about what a arrogant brat Noah is turning into. Shiit hit the fan when Noah told his Dad it wasn't his responsibility to watch Grandma. Dad fires back with "then maybe I'll just end the 500 a month a I pay for your phone, gas, insurance, etc which is on top of the child support I pay. Noah's response " that's your problem not mine".
Dad was mainly upset over the way Noah was talking to him and his attitude in general. Which I cant blame him. We would have never spoke to our parents like that. So after that I called Noah and had a talk with him, I must have got thru since he text his Dad to say sorry, plus even went back to the farm today for a family dinner.
School isn't back in session until next week. Hopefully I won't go crazy before then!
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
That is hilarious! I hope you got your refund.
How much longer does Noah have to stay at the farm? I'm sorry---I'm sure he asks you that several times a day.
I know if one of my grand kids were to be asked to stay here 24 hours and take care of me, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Murph

United States

#70546 Dec 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Did you get any snow today? We ended up getting about 2 inches.
Jerrod went in and got the refund for the food, I doubt the Chinese lady wanted me calling her again. In fact on my way out I had wished I never ordered from that place. As I looked around I noticed it was filthy inside.
Oh shiit I'm glad the Noah/Farm disaster is over with. It started out nice ( or at least for me, I was enjoying the break) The Aunt who watches the Mother came back Friday but his Dad wanted Noah to stay a extra day and give the Aunt a chance to settle in. Meanwhile his Dad is in SC spending Christmas with his oldest daughter and grandson, then Dad, Daughter and Grandson drove back to NY so daughter could visit for a few days. Here's where it gets dicey. Dad wants Noah to stay until he arrives home with the daughter and grandson, by this time Noah's been on the farm a week and ready to escape. He wants to bring Grandma over to the Aunts and leave town. Phone calls are going back and forth between Noah and his Dad, then they both are trying to get me into the mix. Noah's moaning about staying and his Father is going on about what a arrogant brat Noah is turning into. Shiit hit the fan when Noah told his Dad it wasn't his responsibility to watch Grandma. Dad fires back with "then maybe I'll just end the 500 a month a I pay for your phone, gas, insurance, etc which is on top of the child support I pay. Noah's response " that's your problem not mine".
Dad was mainly upset over the way Noah was talking to him and his attitude in general. Which I cant blame him. We would have never spoke to our parents like that. So after that I called Noah and had a talk with him, I must have got thru since he text his Dad to say sorry, plus even went back to the farm today for a family dinner.
School isn't back in session until next week. Hopefully I won't go crazy before then!<quoted text>
He probably shouldn't have talked to his dad that way and I am glad he apologized. But--that is asking a lot of a kid Noah's age to spend Christmas break on the farm taking care of Grandma.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70547 Dec 31, 2013
Good Morning All.
Any New Years Eve plans?
My plans include my flannels and the TV

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70548 Dec 31, 2013
Yeah, I know it was a lot to ask of a kid but I look at it also as Noah has it pretty easy and not a lot is asked of him.
Kids today are just so different. Most don't think twice about talking back to parents or teachers. We grew up having much less at our disposable and were much better behaved.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably shouldn't have talked to his dad that way and I am glad he apologized. But--that is asking a lot of a kid Noah's age to spend Christmas break on the farm taking care of Grandma.
Murph

United States

#70549 Dec 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All.
Any New Years Eve plans?
My plans include my flannels and the TV
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies! I hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve. Be safe.

Liz, it sounds like we are having the same party.
Murph

United States

#70550 Dec 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Yeah, I know it was a lot to ask of a kid but I look at it also as Noah has it pretty easy and not a lot is asked of him.
Kids today are just so different. Most don't think twice about talking back to parents or teachers. We grew up having much less at our disposable and were much better behaved.<quoted text>
I talk with my friends and my daughters a lot about this. I think we did too much for the kids and gave them a sense of entitlement that they don't seem to shake as they grow older.

Level 8

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#70551 Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year to everyone!
e Safe and Happy all he year.
May God send His Blessings down on each and everyone of you!

Level 8

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#70552 Dec 31, 2013
Sorry for all the typos:

Happy New Year to Everyone!
Be safe and healthy all the year long!
My God send His Blessings down on each and everyone of you!
Murph

United States

#70553 Dec 31, 2013
Tiburon Girl wrote:
Sorry for all the typos:
Happy New Year to Everyone!
Be safe and healthy all the year long!
My God send His Blessings down on each and everyone of you!
Thank you. And I wish the same to you and yours, Tiburon Girl.
Murph

United States

#70554 Dec 31, 2013
I will be asleep approximately 4 hours before the ball drops, so Happy New Year, Allbodies!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70555 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year All.

Anyone have plans for today? My sister is coming for dinner. That's about all the excitement going on around here.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70556 Jan 1, 2014
I think you're right. That and society in generally made it the norm for every kids to expensive cell phones, computers, gaming systems, etc. When I was young we didn't have any of that stuff. We kept ourselves amused but swimming in the pool or playing with a old sheet draped over a clothesline pole and pretending it was a tent.
By giving our kids so much we actually ended up giving them less in the long run.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I talk with my friends and my daughters a lot about this. I think we did too much for the kids and gave them a sense of entitlement that they don't seem to shake as they grow older.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70557 Jan 1, 2014
"Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past."

Henry Ward Beecher

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70558 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year to one and all. May the new year bring you joy, wealth, health and happiness.

Level 3

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#70559 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year Ladies.

Miss you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min True Christian-Jew 1,509,576
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 18 min Murphey_Law 513,046
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 23 min zazz 25,586
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Mothra 63,572
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,369
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 20 hr Breezy _Soul 19,617

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages