Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70368 Nov 25, 2013
"We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given life. And it's up to you to make it good or bad."

Ward Foley
Murph

Derby, KS

#70369 Nov 27, 2013
Terrible tragedy here. A mother and her 3 children were killed. Yesterday, the rumor circulated that the suspect had been found dead in a garage in the town where Liz's cousin lives. Turns out, they haadd been looking for him since Monday morning and finally caught him last night.

This happened catacorner across the street from my daughter's house. There has been no peace in the neighborhood ever since. One street is barricaded and police cars have been there with their flashing lights since Monday. Reporters have knocked on my daughter's door. When she told them she didn't know this family, they approached my 15 year-old GD.
There is going to be a candlelight vigil tonight and it will have to be in front of my daughter's house because they can't Get in front of the victims' house.

The three little kids were a 4th grader, a kindergartner, and a pre-schooler. Please pray for the father of these children.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70370 Nov 27, 2013
PS The suspect is being held under a $5,000,000.00 bond. Seems cheap for four lives.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#70371 Nov 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
Terrible tragedy here. A mother and her 3 children were killed. Yesterday, the rumor circulated that the suspect had been found dead in a garage in the town where Liz's cousin lives. Turns out, they haadd been looking for him since Monday morning and finally caught him last night.
This happened catacorner across the street from my daughter's house. There has been no peace in the neighborhood ever since. One street is barricaded and police cars have been there with their flashing lights since Monday. Reporters have knocked on my daughter's door. When she told them she didn't know this family, they approached my 15 year-old GD.
There is going to be a candlelight vigil tonight and it will have to be in front of my daughter's house because they can't Get in front of the victims' house.
The three little kids were a 4th grader, a kindergartner, and a pre-schooler. Please pray for the father of these children.
How very sad!

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#70372 Nov 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
PS The suspect is being held under a $5,000,000.00 bond. Seems cheap for four lives.
That is cheap for four lives, but I doubt he gets out on bond with it being that amount. He would have to have lots of money in order to get a bondsman to post that kind of bail.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70373 Nov 28, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is cheap for four lives, but I doubt he gets out on bond with it being that amount. He would have to have lots of money in order to get a bondsman to post that kind of bail.
I think he probably knows he is much safer locked up than he would be anywhere else. Emotions are running very high here.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70374 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving, Allbodies. I hope it is a wonderful day for each of you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70375 Nov 28, 2013
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving All

Missy only 2 more days and the vistors will be there. Take pic's..........you poor girl!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70376 Nov 28, 2013
Have they given a motive yet or told what his relationship to the family was?

The Mom seemed very devoted to her kids. Did you see her FB post of her daughter's spelling words and how she got them all correct.

I saw where the police department who sponsored Hollies' sports team was going to retire her jersey and set up a memorial for her.
Murph wrote:
Murph

Derby, KS

#70377 Nov 28, 2013
LizW wrote:
Have they given a motive yet or told what his relationship to the family was?
The Mom seemed very devoted to her kids. Did you see her FB post of her daughter's spelling words and how she got them all correct.
I saw where the police department who sponsored Hollies' sports team was going to retire her jersey and set up a memorial for her. <quoted text>
I think the relationship was just that they had met and he was more or less stalking her.
In late October, he posted on his FB that he was going to kill 4 people and himself. The police found him in a motel here on October 30th, and took him to the Osawatomie Mental Hospital. They released him after 72 hours.

The childrens' father works with my son and DIL. He did not live with the family but was very involved with his children. DIL said that when people went to his house to offer comfort and support, he is the one who was comforting them. I don't think I ever met him, but everyone says he is a wonderful guy.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70378 Nov 29, 2013
Good Morning All

Off in a bit to catch some of the sales.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70379 Nov 29, 2013
That poor Dad, who devastating. Was it in the paper that the guy was admitted to a mental hospital? I didn't think they were allowed to print anything like that. Most of the articles I read the comment sections had been disabled. It did sound like they were dating and she tried to break it off and he was stalking her. Don't want to sound harsh but the Mom had 3 kids who needed her attention, she shouldn't have been worried about dating.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the relationship was just that they had met and he was more or less stalking her.
In late October, he posted on his FB that he was going to kill 4 people and himself. The police found him in a motel here on October 30th, and took him to the Osawatomie Mental Hospital. They released him after 72 hours.
The childrens' father works with my son and DIL. He did not live with the family but was very involved with his children. DIL said that when people went to his house to offer comfort and support, he is the one who was comforting them. I don't think I ever met him, but everyone says he is a wonderful guy.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70380 Nov 29, 2013
LizW wrote:
That poor Dad, who devastating. Was it in the paper that the guy was admitted to a mental hospital? I didn't think they were allowed to print anything like that. Most of the articles I read the comment sections had been disabled. It did sound like they were dating and she tried to break it off and he was stalking her. Don't want to sound harsh but the Mom had 3 kids who needed her attention, she shouldn't have been worried about dating.<quoted text>
Yes. It was in the Sun about them taking him to Osawatomie the 30th of October, but released after 72 hours. He is sill jailed with No Charges. It said he will likely wait up to 11 days to see a judge. The District Judge signed a detention order that allows them to keep him past the 48 hour deadline.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70381 Nov 29, 2013
Talk about the height of frustration. I have been starving all day and my refrigerator is clear full of wonderful Thanksgiving food. My hands wouldn't hang onto any of the bowls.
DIL just came and filled a plate with food I can microwave. Now, if I manage not to drop the plate, I am going to eat Very Well.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70388 Dec 1, 2013
Good Morning All.

Murph I hope you were able to enjoy the Thanksgiving leftovers.

Any snow there?
Murph

Derby, KS

#70389 Dec 1, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sunday.

Liz, we haven't had a speck of snow yet. It is pretty and sunny out and 35 degrees.

If my hands will work, I would like to get the mantle and the top of my bookcases decorated today. My son put the lighted window garlands up yesterday and got the tree moved to where it will set. Since my fingers don't do ornament hooks, I may do like I did last December---tell everyone who comes in my house that there is a rule that each person has to put a dozen ornaments on the tree.--It didn't work.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70390 Dec 1, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Ed Sullivan Debut Day? In 1957, three rock and roll acts made their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show: Buddy Holly and the Crickets (That'll Be the Day), Sam Cooke (You Send Me), and the Rays. Busy day!

Level 8

Location hidden

#70391 Dec 1, 2013
"For fast-acting relief, try slowing down."
Lily Tomlin
Marley

Fayette City, PA

#70392 Dec 2, 2013
Good morning Inspiration Gals!

First day of deer hunting today, so Monty and I will be spending time battling out some board games. He will probably win and then gloat about it. he will be 8 yrs old tomorrow. How swift the time!
I watched my grandsons get off the bus the other afternoon, they ran up the drive to the snow covered shrubs, and began grazing like deer on the snow. When they came in the house, I asked them if they had gotten enough snow to eat. Logan grinned and said, "It's a snow buffet out there." haha that sure has made me chuckle over and over again! We have had some pretty heavy snowfall, and a power outage already.
I hope ya'll have been keeping healthy, happy, and warm.
I'm going to go back and try to do some "reading" catching up before Monty wakes up and kicks the day into gear.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70393 Dec 2, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning Inspiration Gals!
First day of deer hunting today, so Monty and I will be spending time battling out some board games. He will probably win and then gloat about it. he will be 8 yrs old tomorrow. How swift the time!
I watched my grandsons get off the bus the other afternoon, they ran up the drive to the snow covered shrubs, and began grazing like deer on the snow. When they came in the house, I asked them if they had gotten enough snow to eat. Logan grinned and said, "It's a snow buffet out there." haha that sure has made me chuckle over and over again! We have had some pretty heavy snowfall, and a power outage already.
I hope ya'll have been keeping healthy, happy, and warm.
I'm going to go back and try to do some "reading" catching up before Monty wakes up and kicks the day into gear.
How wonderful to see you!!! I hope you are doing great. Hope we get to hear some Monty stories.
Lol--snow buffet!

We haven't had any snow yet, and the forecast looks like we may go another 10 days without it. It is supposed to get Very cold later this week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Earthling-1 60,205
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr President Trump 1,396,590
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 19,041
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 5 hr crucifiedguy 1,381
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Murphey_Law 513,343
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr Quirky 1,022
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 6 hr Foxy is queer 58

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages