Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70294 Nov 2, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph same here for Thanksgiving, only we always went to my Grandparents cabin. Seemed every year we had snow and all the cousin's would go sledding most of the day and then my Aunt would set up a bingo game for us to play. Most of the prizes were candy bars, gum or life savers and we just thought that was the greatest.

Last night was Noah's teams last game. This is the first time I can actually say I'm glad this disaster of a season is over with. I'm not sure why we even went , it was cold, windy and pouring out. Noah still wasn't cleared by the trainer to play but I hope he learned a valuable lesson. Out of the handful of kids who came up with Noah from JV this year all of which spend most of the first couple of games on the sidelines, getting madder and madder, all but one kid who kept a positive attitude and knew ( just like I told Noah) that their time would come. Noah hit the field this year and actually had more playing time than the one boy with the good attitude. This kid didn't even hit the field until around game 4 and by that time Noah was out with the ankle injury. Last night they game the team awards out after the game. The boy with the positive attitude who never gave up, ended up winning the teams MVP award. I was so happy for him, the award usually will go to a senior.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I hope that wind has settled down by now. It was really pretty here today. The trees have turned and they are really lovely this year. Pam went up to northern MO and she said the trees were the prettiest she had seen in years.
I have really fond memories of Thanksgiving when I was little. There was always a huge crowd and always lots of food left over.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70295 Nov 2, 2013
Oh and today the team Jerrod coach's is playing in Rochester so I'm getting ready to freeze my ass off again. By next week I should have the flu from logging in so many hours sitting out in the damp, cold. They're calling for a chance of snow tonight, and I'm still not even defrosted from last night.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70296 Nov 2, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a very happy Saturday.

Liz, I am so happy that kid won the MVP award. I have always heard that attitude will beat out strength, talent, size, and just about everything else in sports (and life).

I'm glad you will be seeing Jerrod's team in action. I know your sister will love it.-Maybe not the freezing part.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#70297 Nov 2, 2013
Hey Murph~~
I've been meaning to ask, how old is MacKenzie and
did she have a lung transplant?
Murph

Derby, KS

#70299 Nov 2, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Hey Murph~~
I've been meaning to ask, how old is MacKenzie and
did she have a lung transplant?
I think she is 22. She had a dual lung transplant. For a while, it looked like everything was coming together for her, but then she started having lots of problems. Her younger sister is a freshman in college this year. She, too, was born with Cystic Fibrosis.
What used to form inside Makenzie's lungs has now started forming on the outside.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70300 Nov 2, 2013
MADDY wrote:
Please excuse my interrupting your thread BUT this is one of the most Inspirational Songs ever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vbM86eiczAgXX
Sir Harry wrote this after the death of his only son,&#65279; a Captain in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, killed in action in December 1916. His son John was then 25.
I agree, that is very inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70301 Nov 2, 2013
Today was one of my best days in months. I called my daughter and asked her if she would like to go to the Christmas Bazaar. She thought I wanted her to pick up something for me. I told her I would pick her up.

The parking lot was jammed so we had to do some walking to get there. I went all the way through it, then suggested that we walk around the corner to the flea market, where they were having a special celebration. I walked about 1/3 of the way through it. Then I started looking a little 'gray' and she said she would get the car and pick me up at the front door. I told her I planned to walk to the car.

She couldn't believe I did it and I am having a little trouble believing it myself but, by golly, I Did It. I did not lurch one time. Now I am lurching all over the place.

Liz--Are you still trying to thaw out from the game?

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#70302 Nov 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
Today was one of my best days in months. I called my daughter and asked her if she would like to go to the Christmas Bazaar. She thought I wanted her to pick up something for me. I told her I would pick her up.
The parking lot was jammed so we had to do some walking to get there. I went all the way through it, then suggested that we walk around the corner to the flea market, where they were having a special celebration. I walked about 1/3 of the way through it. Then I started looking a little 'gray' and she said she would get the car and pick me up at the front door. I told her I planned to walk to the car.
She couldn't believe I did it and I am having a little trouble believing it myself but, by golly, I Did It. I did not lurch one time. Now I am lurching all over the place.
Sounds like you had a good time, though. Now put your feet up and relax for a while. And praise the Lord for the good day!!!!!! AMEN
Murph

Derby, KS

#70303 Nov 2, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you had a good time, though. Now put your feet up and relax for a while. And praise the Lord for the good day!!!!!! AMEN
Amen! I am so grateful for today and it gives me hope that I can do it again tomorrow. I wouldn't go where I went today, but Somewhere, Anywhere, out of my house.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70304 Nov 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph where are you? More lunch dates? Damn you're popular!
Zazz I bet you're right and Reese's is the most popular candy. As for the oldest the article I read said Good and Plenty.
That surprises me. I love them though.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70305 Nov 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! I am so grateful for today and it gives me hope that I can do it again tomorrow. I wouldn't go where I went today, but Somewhere, Anywhere, out of my house.
Murph, you inspire us all.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70306 Nov 3, 2013
Good Morning All

Zazz it surprised me too. Plus I think you and I might be the only ones who like them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70307 Nov 3, 2013
(((( Murph ))))) so glad you had a good day yesterday and were able to share it with your daughter.

I just have to wash all my wet blankets and then the football bag will be put away for the season. I can't decide if yesterday or Friday sucked more. Both games were cold and pouring rain outside.

Jerrod team hasn't beaten St John Fisher in years. They came so close yesterday but ended up losing 20-21.
other than the rain and the cold it was a nice day for my sister, she got to see Jerrod again and then afterwards we went shopping for about a hour and then to dinner at a hibachi grill.
I was home by about 9 PM and just cracked up my electric blanket and watched a little TV.

Still haven't defrosted all the way. Every time I think about this weekend I get a chill.

I changed my avatar to show you the stadium the game was at, it's also the same stadium as where the Buffalo Bills practice.
Murph wrote:
Murph

Derby, KS

#70308 Nov 3, 2013
LizW wrote:
(((( Murph ))))) so glad you had a good day yesterday and were able to share it with your daughter.
I just have to wash all my wet blankets and then the football bag will be put away for the season. I can't decide if yesterday or Friday sucked more. Both games were cold and pouring rain outside.
Jerrod team hasn't beaten St John Fisher in years. They came so close yesterday but ended up losing 20-21.
other than the rain and the cold it was a nice day for my sister, she got to see Jerrod again and then afterwards we went shopping for about a hour and then to dinner at a hibachi grill.
I was home by about 9 PM and just cracked up my electric blanket and watched a little TV.
Still haven't defrosted all the way. Every time I think about this weekend I get a chill.
I changed my avatar to show you the stadium the game was at, it's also the same stadium as where the Buffalo Bills practice.<quoted text>
20-21, what a heart breaker! I'm glad your sister had a good day.
I hope you can stay in the electric blanket all day and just....well, not Chill.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70309 Nov 3, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful day. The sun is shining and it is a lovely day here. For some reason, in spite of some cold nights, my Petunias and Celosia are still blooming. I dread the morning (coming soon, no doubt), when I go out and find everything frozen. Celosia is particularly nasty after it freezes because it turns really slimy.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#70310 Nov 3, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful day. The sun is shining and it is a lovely day here. For some reason, in spite of some cold nights, my Petunias and Celosia are still blooming. I dread the morning (coming soon, no doubt), when I go out and find everything frozen. Celosia is particularly nasty after it freezes because it turns really slimy.
Good morning, Murph! Hope your day today is even half as good as yesterday. If so, it will be a great day for you.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70312 Nov 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, Murph! Hope your day today is even half as good as yesterday. If so, it will be a great day for you.
Thank you, my friend. It is starting off a little wobbly but I have high hopes.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#70313 Nov 3, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she is 22. She had a dual lung transplant. For a while, it looked like everything was coming together for her, but then she started having lots of problems. Her younger sister is a freshman in college this year. She, too, was born with Cystic Fibrosis.
What used to form inside Makenzie's lungs has now started forming on the outside.
I didn't realize she was a young adult, I was thinking seven or
eight years old.
I've been keeping up with the story of Tripp Halstead from Atlanta.
A tree branch fell on him a year ago, resulting in very serious
head injury. He is such a cutie pie...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#70314 Nov 3, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, my friend. It is starting off a little wobbly but I have high hopes.
Have some coffee and think positive. I am feeling so good today--I've been doing laundry, cleaned out a linen closet and under the bathroom sink--cleaned that bathroom, too, and am about to start another load of clothes. It feels good to finally get something accomplished. Getting stuff ready to donate and hope by the end of the week to have gone through one more linen closet and the closet in the kid's playroom that's just been used to store junk. Our junk could be someone else's treasure, though. I don't want to do a yard sale, but I do want the stuff out of my house.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#70315 Nov 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Have some coffee and think positive. I am feeling so good today--I've been doing laundry, cleaned out a linen closet and under the bathroom sink--cleaned that bathroom, too, and am about to start another load of clothes. It feels good to finally get something accomplished. Getting stuff ready to donate and hope by the end of the week to have gone through one more linen closet and the closet in the kid's playroom that's just been used to store junk. Our junk could be someone else's treasure, though. I don't want to do a yard sale, but I do want the stuff out of my house.
I'm with you on the garage sale thing~~
I used to like to go to garage sales but never liked having them.
I don't need anymore stuff so I don't tempt myself by going to
sales anymore.
Curlie still like to go to estate sales from time to time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,382,782
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 40 min The Donald_ 513,235
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 59,465
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 1 hr zazz 25,556
Douche Bag Dias Skank Ho Anthony 10 hr Kyle 1
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 19 hr Ken Burke 135
Has Casey Anthony Had Sex with Jose Baez (Jun '11) 21 hr bigjohnson321 159
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages