Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

United States

#70273 Oct 27, 2013
I have sat here for 5 hours, on this gorgeous Autumn afternoon and Ain't Nobody Talkin' To Me.

I have had company in and out, but mostly have sat here pining away on the computer.

Also, had to water all those plants I brought in to winter. That is a much harder job than just getting the hose and giving them all a drink when they were outside.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70274 Oct 28, 2013
Good Morning All

I don't want to hear about your plant watering woes. If you took some of my gardening tips you wouldn't have to be watering all those plants. Frigs..........usually by July I don't have any plants that are still alive so no need to worry about watering.

My sister is coming over today and I'm making her veal for her Birthday dinner. She sure has had a busy Birthday weekend , she tired but happy.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70275 Oct 28, 2013
Zazz..........I saw this yesterday on the internet. Without looking take a guess what the oldest Halloween candy around is?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70276 Oct 28, 2013
I wonder if it was the kids who was from a different school, but playing on the team. Maybe when he left he took the gear along with him. Whoever it was has to be from the team since they seemed to know who's lockers they wanted to hit up. They might find all the missing gear in another locker, either that or whoever took it will be seen on camera carrying out a huge bag.

Noah's one pal is hysterical. He was one of the " mooners" and just came off of suspension. His gloves and one cleat were stolen. He was pissed off asking what kind of classless person only takes one cleat! LOL
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a lovely Sunday.
It is nice and sunny here and the forecast is for it to stay in the 60's and low 70's for the next ten days.
Liz, that mayhem may have been caused by a kid or two who have gotten really tired of sitting on the bench.
That is bizarre that no one knew that the one player was from a different school. OMG!
GS has to go to Wichita tomorrow for another shoulder checkup. He is supposed to be released the end of November. He feels that his shoulder is doing well.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70277 Oct 28, 2013
LizW wrote:
Zazz..........I saw this yesterday on the internet. Without looking take a guess what the oldest Halloween candy around is?
Oldest? Candy corn?????
Most popular? Reeses peanut butter cups????????

Level 8

Location hidden

#70278 Oct 28, 2013
"To be happy, you don't have to do anything new. You just have to remember how to believe again... Believe everything good is possible. Believe in your dreams. Believe in people. Believe in love. But most of all... Believe in yourself."

Doe Zantamata

Level 8

Location hidden

#70279 Oct 28, 2013
To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70280 Oct 29, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph where are you? More lunch dates? Damn you're popular!

Zazz I bet you're right and Reese's is the most popular candy. As for the oldest the article I read said Good and Plenty.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70281 Oct 29, 2013
Good morning, Zazz and Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a great morning.
We got some rain during the night and it is raining now.
My Landyn came to visit me last night. I love how he takes little 3 minute cat naps and wakes up with a big smile, ready to start cooing and laughing again.

Liz--please don't mention 'lunch date' to me, ok??? I am still reeling. So far, 8 people have said they want to come. How I can sit here, minding my own business, and get into such a fix is just beyond me!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70282 Oct 30, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph have you checked your email yet? Maybe by now 10 people have signed up to have lunch with you.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70283 Oct 30, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy day. It is misting out. Yesterday it rained off and on, but was really warm out.

Liz--I am almost afraid to check my email! Why me, Oh Lord. Why me?
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#70284 Oct 30, 2013
You won't believe what I'm having for breakfast, fried green tomatoes, YUM! I still have all kinds of peppers, tomatoes and some mutated cucumbers. Making chicken and cornbread dressing for supper so I picked some bell peppers and enough green tomatoes for myself. From what I hear, you either love 'em or hate 'em. Y'all all try to have a wonderful day. God bless you all!

Loving this weather, not too hot, not too cold, no a/c or heat, house opened up, that's what I'm talking about!
Murph

Derby, KS

#70285 Oct 30, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
You won't believe what I'm having for breakfast, fried green tomatoes, YUM! I still have all kinds of peppers, tomatoes and some mutated cucumbers. Making chicken and cornbread dressing for supper so I picked some bell peppers and enough green tomatoes for myself. From what I hear, you either love 'em or hate 'em. Y'all all try to have a wonderful day. God bless you all!
Loving this weather, not too hot, not too cold, no a/c or heat, house opened up, that's what I'm talking about!
I had some fried green tomatoes 2 or 3 days ago and still have enough green tomatoes on my cabinet t make one more pan full. Probably more in the garden. That is something I crave in the winter.

The dogs and I had just come inside when there was a fifteen minute downpour. It's over now, but still cloudy.

I get to have little Landyn tomorrow for a brief period between when his daddy has to go to work and his mama gets off.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70286 Oct 30, 2013
"If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around."

Jim Rohn

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70288 Nov 1, 2013
Good Morning All

Hi Queen, I hope all is going well with you and your family. I've enver had fried green tomatoes before, but I have had pickled green tomatoes and liked them.

Murph please email be that class reunion email address so I can send out a mass email and get your number of lunch dates up. I'm thinking of offering free prizes for the first 50 to sign up for a luncheon with you.

No need to thank me.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70289 Nov 1, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Hi Queen, I hope all is going well with you and your family. I've enver had fried green tomatoes before, but I have had pickled green tomatoes and liked them.
Murph please email be that class reunion email address so I can send out a mass email and get your number of lunch dates up. I'm thinking of offering free prizes for the first 50 to sign up for a luncheon with you.
No need to thank me.
No need to thank you? Ha! I am moving in with you for Memorial Day weekend.--Please have a nice lunch prepared for me.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70290 Nov 1, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a very happy November First. And may I be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas.

My little Landyn came by yesterday evening so I could see him in his Pinto Pony costume. It was adorable. I would make whinnying sounds and he would try to imitate them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70291 Nov 1, 2013
Landyn is just so adorable.

You can come visit me over Memorial Day weekend. That will solve all your lunch date problems.
Forget me cooking. I'll buy you a sub or something. After lunch do you want to go swimming in my sister's green pool or would you prefer going to my daughters and playing with the bats and the chickens. Better yet we could stay home and Noah could take you for a spin around town and show you all the local hot spots ( dollar store, Walmart, etc)
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a very happy November First. And may I be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas.
My little Landyn came by yesterday evening so I could see him in his Pinto Pony costume. It was adorable. I would make whinnying sounds and he would try to imitate them.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70292 Nov 1, 2013
Happy November to you too. November has always been my favorite month, I think because of Thanksgiving and all the fond memories I have of it as a child.

We had a wind advisory now until 6PM. Winds are 44 MPH according to one source and 27 mph according to another. Whatever it really is, it sounds like a hurricane out there.

Do you get the Hallmark channel? I bet you'd like some of the shows and movies on there.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70293 Nov 1, 2013
LizW wrote:
Happy November to you too. November has always been my favorite month, I think because of Thanksgiving and all the fond memories I have of it as a child.
We had a wind advisory now until 6PM. Winds are 44 MPH according to one source and 27 mph according to another. Whatever it really is, it sounds like a hurricane out there.
Do you get the Hallmark channel? I bet you'd like some of the shows and movies on there.
Wow, I hope that wind has settled down by now. It was really pretty here today. The trees have turned and they are really lovely this year. Pam went up to northern MO and she said the trees were the prettiest she had seen in years.

I have really fond memories of Thanksgiving when I was little. There was always a huge crowd and always lots of food left over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,534,529
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 7 min Amused 383
News Barack Obama is a Christian (Dec '07) 3 hr WelbyMD 4,894
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 14 hr Revelations 166
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 15 hr Voyeur 19,229
News Residents learn how to deal, get rid of iguanas (May '09) Mon Bye bye 33
News Going to a garage sale? A few rules (Jun '09) Sun pissed off 22

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance