“Whimsy. ”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#70251 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Have you been walking around bra-less too? <quoted text>
No, I'm afraid I'd trip and fall if I did that.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70252 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph they don't know yet if the surgery was successful or not. Bella's retina's were starting to detach and that's why they operated. She stopped breathing during the operation and is back on a ventilator.
That is frightening. God bless that little baby. I just hate it when they have to do surgery on babies. She is in my prayers.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70253 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Are you talking painting inside or outside? Either way..........You're quite a woman!<quoted text>
The outside. I have painted the outside every 8-10 years since we moved here in 1965, until summer before last when my second oldest GS did it. I painted the inside one time and one time was enough for me.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70254 Oct 25, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Cov and Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day. I think it is going to be a pretty day here. The trees in the treeline are starting to turn and my Red Maple is turning--one branch at a time. I never noticed it doing it quite that way before.
Usually, there are a few scarlet leaves then, Bam, overnight it turns scarlet.

What is allbodies up to today?

The tv people are supposed to come connect me this afternoon.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70255 Oct 25, 2013
LOL..........I should have known you'd be on a ladder painting the outside of the house.

Just finished cleaning today. It's suppose to be in the 40's tonight and rainy. I'll be wet and freezing my ass off at a football game.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
The outside. I have painted the outside every 8-10 years since we moved here in 1965, until summer before last when my second oldest GS did it. I painted the inside one time and one time was enough for me.

“Whimsy. ”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#70256 Oct 25, 2013
I just put a chicken dinner into the oven, and cleaned the kitchen. Boy the fun never stops around here. I saw this chicken recipe on fb yesterday, so thought I'd try it. It's been in the 40's here the last couple of nights, but no rain.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70257 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
LOL..........I should have known you'd be on a ladder painting the outside of the house.
Just finished cleaning today. It's suppose to be in the 40's tonight and rainy. I'll be wet and freezing my ass off at a football game.<quoted text>
My poor kids will be freezing theirs off, too. It is sunny right now but I think by game time it will be pretty cold.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70258 Oct 25, 2013
covcas wrote:
I just put a chicken dinner into the oven, and cleaned the kitchen. Boy the fun never stops around here. I saw this chicken recipe on fb yesterday, so thought I'd try it. It's been in the 40's here the last couple of nights, but no rain.
Your dinner sounds good. My daughter brought over cornbread and beans and sat and ate with me.

The installer was supposed to be here between noon and 4 PM. He still hadn't come at 4, so daughter called. He said he was So Sorry--he Meant to Call me. He said he would be here at 5. My back is hurting too bad for me to deal with him so I told daughter to tell him to reschedule. She said she would come back and deal with it.

These kids are hell-bent on me having tv. I have been without it for 15 years and can honestly say I have never missed it.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70259 Oct 25, 2013
The tv guys just left! They were the sweetest guys. One was telling me that he has two little girls, 2 and 5. They have to drive an hour to get home. I wish I hadn't asked them where they lived. I know they are so tired. My place was easy but they said the one they did before mine was a bad situation.

My daughter stayed until they were done so she could listen to the technical information. My job was just to make sure they knew where the Coke, water, and bathrooms are.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70260 Oct 26, 2013
Good Morning All
It was so cold sitting outside last night. It felt like it was going to snow at any time, however it was so worth it. They finally played the boy on the team who has autism. He was so thrilled to be on the field that even after he was done playing he was on the sidelines still bouncing up and down. So happy for him.
I'm just going to hide under my electric blanket today. I'm still feeling the chill.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70261 Oct 26, 2013
Did you watch anything last night?
Murph wrote:
The tv guys just left! They were the sweetest guys. One was telling me that he has two little girls, 2 and 5. They have to drive an hour to get home. I wish I hadn't asked them where they lived. I know they are so tired. My place was easy but they said the one they did before mine was a bad situation.
My daughter stayed until they were done so she could listen to the technical information. My job was just to make sure they knew where the Coke, water, and bathrooms are.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70262 Oct 26, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.

It is 50 degrees out and a very fine mist.

Liz--You should have been there. I had gone to bed, was not going to bother with the tv. Then I decided I would turn it on just for a minute. OMG! I turned it on and my bedroom Exploded. Two men were on the screen. The dogs FLEW off the foot of the bed, barking and growling like crazy and tried to attack the tv. I was afraid they were going to do some major damage. I had to turn the lamp back on and put my reading glasses back on in order to find the off button. The dogs were going berserk.
It surprised me because they have never shown the slightest interest when I watch a DVD.

I had that sucker on for 20 minutes, scrolling through the menu and I promise you, I never saw One Thing other than commercials.-Reminded me why I haven't had cable for 15 years!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#70263 Oct 26, 2013
Good morning~~

Murph, I just wanted to make a comment on the cable
tv situation.

You're not going to see anything but commercials.
We realized that we were PAYING to watch commercials.

I much prefer using my time for reading.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70264 Oct 26, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
Murph, I just wanted to make a comment on the cable
tv situation.
You're not going to see anything but commercials.
We realized that we were PAYING to watch commercials.
I much prefer using my time for reading.
I agree. And as long as my hands will hold a book, I will continue to read. I wish I had made a list of the commercials I saw this morning, just watching the bottom part of a Golden Girls oldie. It was totally ridiculous. Plus: I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that even the commercials are less well done

“Whimsy. ”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#70265 Oct 26, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And as long as my hands will hold a book, I will continue to read. I wish I had made a list of the commercials I saw this morning, just watching the bottom part of a Golden Girls oldie. It was totally ridiculous. Plus: I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that even the commercials are less well done
and if you wake up in the middle of the night, you see really great infomercials trying to sell you all kinds of stuff you don't need, at prices you wouldn't pay even if you had all the money you wanted. I tend to listen more to music than watch tv anymore. Of course, the world series is on now and football games on Sunday, but I enjoy just listening to my favorite music these days. It was different when Buzz lived here--we watched a lot of Sponge Bob! Most days now, it's just a dust collector. Funny how we change as we get older.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#70266 Oct 26, 2013
Murph, if you haven't watched much tv in the past
fifteen years, yep things have changed, even the
commercials.
Have you noticed how they run one commercial right
into the next one, the tv doesn't even blink.
I caught myself saying, WTH? How did it go from
Wendy's pretzel burger, to getting a shingles vaccination that fast?
Murph

Derby, KS

#70267 Oct 26, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Murph, if you haven't watched much tv in the past
fifteen years, yep things have changed, even the
commercials.
Have you noticed how they run one commercial right
into the next one, the tv doesn't even blink.
I caught myself saying, WTH? How did it go from
Wendy's pretzel burger, to getting a shingles vaccination that fast?
I noticed. I would have to say that, in my opinion, TV has gone Waaay downhill. I remember back in the day, we could watch hour-long shows such as Bonanza, Falcon Crest and Dallas with a short commercial every 15 minutes.

There was one commercial that used to gag me. It was on a show that we watched right after dinner. It was for a denture cleaner and involved bringing a string of pearls out of a blueberry pie, to show what a wonderful cleaning job the product did on dentures. That used to make me as sick as if they had pulled dentures out of the pie.
Murph

Derby, KS

#70268 Oct 26, 2013
This is a share from Makenzie's mom:

"Makenzie got released from the hospital and is back home. She is still on oxygen and her immune system is really low as she continues to fight the rejection. Her goals are to keep her blood sugars down, control for her chest pain, try to walk and do physical therapy and try to decrease her need for oxygen.

She does have permanent damage in and around her new lungs and her lung function is extremely low. The doctors are not sure how much lung function she will gain back.

They go back to Dallas in two weeks for a checkup and to get an insulin pump.

Her spirits are low, so please pray for a quick and full recovery."

Hang tough, Makenzie. Hundreds of people are praying for you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70269 Oct 27, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I remember that denture commercial.

I never knew you watched Falcon Crest and Dallas. If you liked the old Dallas I'm sure you'll like the new one, It's sad with JR gone, but the son's on the show now have even more schemes going on than JR ever thought of.

Don't have all the details yet of my sister's Birthday trip with the kids to visit her son but my daughter sent a few pic's and it looked like my sister was having a nice time.

Miss Beautiful ( her dog) eye seem to be clearing up.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#70270 Oct 27, 2013
I saw that on FB, kind of made me wonder why they were releasing Mackenzie so early. maybe she'll have a visiting nurse on a daily basis.
Murph wrote:
This is a share from Makenzie's mom:
"Makenzie got released from the hospital and is back home. She is still on oxygen and her immune system is really low as she continues to fight the rejection. Her goals are to keep her blood sugars down, control for her chest pain, try to walk and do physical therapy and try to decrease her need for oxygen.
She does have permanent damage in and around her new lungs and her lung function is extremely low. The doctors are not sure how much lung function she will gain back.
They go back to Dallas in two weeks for a checkup and to get an insulin pump.
Her spirits are low, so please pray for a quick and full recovery."
Hang tough, Makenzie. Hundreds of people are praying for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Waxman 1,174,773
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 26 min AN is me 491,397
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 50,505
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr LizW 17,845
Justice Quest Forum (Jun '12) 11 hr Paula 156
last post wins! (Jul '11) 13 hr Wiley_Kyote 5,357
Review: Apple Academy (Jul '09) Sat New Apple Academy 79
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST

NBC Sports10:10PM
Jerramy Stevens arrested on suspicion of DUI
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Bucs dip into college ranks for new quarterbacks coach
Bleacher Report 5:36 PM
Breaking Down Mariota vs. Jameis Debate
Bleacher Report 6:29 PM
Which Mariota Flaws Concern Scouts Most
NBC Sports 5:48 AM
Bajakian's NFL bolt leaves hole for Vols, continued search for Chips