Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70232 Oct 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph hope your back is feeling better. Did you end up getting your hair cut yesterday?
Grrrrrrrrrr I hate those annoying telemarketers, I always ask them to take me off the list and still they call back.
Yesterday I went to the town hall to pay the school tax bill. Usually I make the payment in 3 installments. I received the bill a few weeks ago and with all that's going on I just kept putting it off until yesterday. So my plan was to make Sept and Oct's payment and then pay the last installment next month. I went up to the counter and the tax person told me since I missed Sept's payment that I couldn't make installments and the bill had to be paid in full. I had brought a check from home and had it all made out for the 2 payments and they wouldn't accept it, even after I said I would be a check for the last payment which isn;t even due until the end of November next week. Bastards! So I had to run to the bank and get the remaining balance. Now what if someone only could afford to make a partial payment, they'd would rather take nothing and charge interest over taking a partial.
So after that fiasco I came home and my sister was over. She had just come from the vets. Her dogs eye was swollen, the vet checked her out and said that the dogs ear and side of the face was also swollen. They gave her a antibiotic for 2 weeks but they have concerns it might be a tumor. This is like one of the last things my sister needs. Hopefully it's just a infection, the dog seems fine and is acting as crazy as ever.
I hope the dog just got an infection that the antibiotic will clear up. Poor thing. I am glad she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Whoa--I would be furious at those people. They definitely seem to be of the "Rules Is Rules" variety! Sometimes 'rules' can So get in the way of common sense.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70233 Oct 23, 2013
Oh you'll get use to the big TV. During football season the boy's bring 3 of them down to the family room and have them all lined up with different games on. My sister has a huge one in her bedroom hanging on the wall. It's like being at the movies.

I'm hoping it's just a infection too since the dog seems to be acting okay. I think she's 13 or 14 yrs.

This weekend is my sister's Birthday so my daughter and her husband are taking her to see her son coach in Utica and then they're all going to Red Lobster for dinner. It will be a long day for her but she can rest in the car. She's excited to be seeing her son.

Are you doing anything today? I just got done cleaning the woodwork in the den.
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day. I believe it is going to be pretty here again today.
Liz--I called for a haircut yesterday but was told that the stylist only works on Wednesdays and Fridays. I will try again today.
Yesterday evening oldest son came and brought me some food. Before he got away, oldest daughter came with her furniture movers to rearrange my bedroom so I will be farther from the tv when it gets hooked up (Friday). Sheesh! It was like having teenagers again. Son was yelling, "Come on. Give me some Instruction here!" Then he would make these loud groans that I am sure the neighbors could hear. "My back! You hurt my back!"
I think they had a good time moving furniture. That tv looks obscenely large. I know I will only have it on when my hands won't hold a book.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70234 Oct 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
Oh you'll get use to the big TV. During football season the boy's bring 3 of them down to the family room and have them all lined up with different games on. My sister has a huge one in her bedroom hanging on the wall. It's like being at the movies.
I'm hoping it's just a infection too since the dog seems to be acting okay. I think she's 13 or 14 yrs.
This weekend is my sister's Birthday so my daughter and her husband are taking her to see her son coach in Utica and then they're all going to Red Lobster for dinner. It will be a long day for her but she can rest in the car. She's excited to be seeing her son.
Are you doing anything today? I just got done cleaning the woodwork in the den.<quoted text>
Happy birthday to your sister. I hope she has a great day.

I got my hair cut. I am now ready for boot camp.

My lovely neighbor brought me some wonderful turkey and noodles and two big muffins. God bless that lady!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70235 Oct 23, 2013
LOL..........boot camp. Let's take naps instead!

Is it the neighbor who's husband passed away last year?
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy birthday to your sister. I hope she has a great day.
I got my hair cut. I am now ready for boot camp.
My lovely neighbor brought me some wonderful turkey and noodles and two big muffins. God bless that lady!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70236 Oct 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
LOL..........boot camp. Let's take naps instead!
Is it the neighbor who's husband passed away last year?<quoted text>
No. It is the neighbor on the other side. Her husband is the one who, with a bunch of church guys, smoothed and seeded my yard after I had the sewer line replaced. Their son, who goes to college in San Diego, has shown up every Christmas Eve with cookies and candy that he made himself. He was 6 or 7 when they moved here, and he was my little yard work buddy.

I sure look like I have been shaved for boot camp. Boy, she went Short this time. Ima get me a stocking cap!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#70237 Oct 23, 2013
Hi Murph! Hope you are feeling chipper this evening.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70238 Oct 23, 2013
covcas wrote:
Hi Murph! Hope you are feeling chipper this evening.
Hi there, retired lady. Congratulations on your retirement.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70239 Oct 24, 2013
Good Morning All. Murph those sound like wonderful neighbors. How's the family on the other side doing?

I think I told you before ( oh my we start every conversation like this) but Baby Bella was over 3lbs and there was a chance of her coming home early November. I asked my cousin about her last night. I don't have any details but Bella is having eye surgery today to try to save her eye sight. I read where there's a host of problems babies that premature have but never saw anything about losing their eye sight.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70240 Oct 24, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All. Murph those sound like wonderful neighbors. How's the family on the other side doing?
I think I told you before ( oh my we start every conversation like this) but Baby Bella was over 3lbs and there was a chance of her coming home early November. I asked my cousin about her last night. I don't have any details but Bella is having eye surgery today to try to save her eye sight. I read where there's a host of problems babies that premature have but never saw anything about losing their eye sight.
The widow on the other side of me is doing well. They always used to go to Bluegrass Festivals together and, although it was hard at first, she started going to them alone.

My prayers are with Baby Bella as she has that eye surgery. She seems to be quite a fighter, so I think she will do well.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70241 Oct 24, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I have no idea why I was wide awake a 5 Am, like I think I have to go milk cows or something.
I hope you have a really good day.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#70242 Oct 24, 2013
Good morning! It's too early to be up. But after so many years of getting up, it's hard to sleep in. I am getting used to a nap in the afternoon, though! So many projects, so little time! This first week is mine just to rest up. Don't think the husband will let me get by with this for too long.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70243 Oct 24, 2013
covcas wrote:
Good morning! It's too early to be up. But after so many years of getting up, it's hard to sleep in. I am getting used to a nap in the afternoon, though! So many projects, so little time! This first week is mine just to rest up. Don't think the husband will let me get by with this for too long.
It took me a Looong time to be able to sleep in.
I still water my indoor plants on Sunday because that was one of my Sunday chores when I worked.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#70244 Oct 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
It took me a Looong time to be able to sleep in.
I still water my indoor plants on Sunday because that was one of my Sunday chores when I worked.
I'm not going to do laundry on the weekends anymore--or go grocery shopping then, either. Gonna hit the old geezer's days at the grocery stores--which is Wed here for both Kroger and Publix. Gonna get my nails done any darned day I want to. Same with haircuts. Crammed so much into Sat and Sun for so many years. And I can cook during the week, instead of Tony doing it all and then I did the big Sunday dinners. Still gonna do the Sunday dinners, but I so enjoy my kitchen that it's nice to feel like cooking during the week. And I can bake cookies any time I want to. The sense of freedom is unbelievable.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70245 Oct 24, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to do laundry on the weekends anymore--or go grocery shopping then, either. Gonna hit the old geezer's days at the grocery stores--which is Wed here for both Kroger and Publix. Gonna get my nails done any darned day I want to. Same with haircuts. Crammed so much into Sat and Sun for so many years. And I can cook during the week, instead of Tony doing it all and then I did the big Sunday dinners. Still gonna do the Sunday dinners, but I so enjoy my kitchen that it's nice to feel like cooking during the week. And I can bake cookies any time I want to. The sense of freedom is unbelievable.
The first three months after I retired, I nearly killed myself with outside work--but I loved every single minute of it. One of the things I did was paint my house. I started early in the morning on July 5, and finished just before dusk on July 11. I always stopped for 2 or 3 hours during the hottest part of the day.

Today, I set out the last few Pansies and potted a couple of Petunias just to see how they will do. Several time I have brought Petunias in only because they happened to be potted with Geraniums or some other plant and they bloomed all winter. The ones I potted today are going to be in my indoor flower box, which I don't think gets quite the same light as the ones I winter. There are two grow lights over the flower box, but I forget to turn them on.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70247 Oct 25, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph they don't know yet if the surgery was successful or not. Bella's retina's were starting to detach and that's why they operated. She stopped breathing during the operation and is back on a ventilator.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70248 Oct 25, 2013
Are you talking painting inside or outside? Either way..........You're quite a woman!
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
The first three months after I retired, I nearly killed myself with outside work--but I loved every single minute of it. One of the things I did was paint my house. I started early in the morning on July 5, and finished just before dusk on July 11. I always stopped for 2 or 3 hours during the hottest part of the day.
Today, I set out the last few Pansies and potted a couple of Petunias just to see how they will do. Several time I have brought Petunias in only because they happened to be potted with Geraniums or some other plant and they bloomed all winter. The ones I potted today are going to be in my indoor flower box, which I don't think gets quite the same light as the ones I winter. There are two grow lights over the flower box, but I forget to turn them on.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70249 Oct 25, 2013
Have you been walking around bra-less too?
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to do laundry on the weekends anymore--or go grocery shopping then, either. Gonna hit the old geezer's days at the grocery stores--which is Wed here for both Kroger and Publix. Gonna get my nails done any darned day I want to. Same with haircuts. Crammed so much into Sat and Sun for so many years. And I can cook during the week, instead of Tony doing it all and then I did the big Sunday dinners. Still gonna do the Sunday dinners, but I so enjoy my kitchen that it's nice to feel like cooking during the week. And I can bake cookies any time I want to. The sense of freedom is unbelievable.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70250 Oct 25, 2013
I have a good wedding story. Every time I think about it I get hysterical at what the Groom told his parents after the events ( but I fell bad for the Bride's side).

This is from a wedding my son was in a couple weeks ago. The Bride and Groom met in Buffalo during grad school and moved in together. On the Grooms side there's some redneck relatives that his parents were worried would cause a scene at the wedding. The Brides side is a well to do family from the D.C. area, the grooms side was feeling a little inferior to the brides side.

Anyway after the rehearsal dinner the Brides brother's and their GF's went out and partied all night. One of the brother's was drunk and doing drugs. He came back to the hotel and started to beat his GF with a ironing board. The family had rented out one floor of the hotel. The father and/or uncle tried to break things up and a big brawl broke out. The hotel called the police, and the brother was arrested. The father was at the police station and jail all night and up until the next day right before the wedding trying to get bail set so they could get the brother bailed out. Back at the hotel the Bride and all the relatives are all crying and upset. Right before the wedding the Bride shows up at her house where the Groom and Groomsmen are staying and was telling the Groom what happened. So she leaves and the Groom immediately calls his parents and tells them not to worry about their relatives acting up, there's nothing their relatives can do to top the Bride's kin folk!

Whew I'm glad the only drama we had at my daughter's wedding was the torando that almost ripped down the wedding tent.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#70251 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Have you been walking around bra-less too? <quoted text>
No, I'm afraid I'd trip and fall if I did that.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70252 Oct 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph they don't know yet if the surgery was successful or not. Bella's retina's were starting to detach and that's why they operated. She stopped breathing during the operation and is back on a ventilator.
That is frightening. God bless that little baby. I just hate it when they have to do surgery on babies. She is in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min bob53h 1,563,311
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 2 hr Princess Hey 657
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,991
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,635
two words (Jul '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 28,147
One Word (Jul '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 2,527
last post wins! (Jul '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 6,037
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr fortmyersf 513,293

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages