Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

United States

#70212 Oct 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, you are indeed blessed to have such a helper.
Prayers for Mackinzie. Bless her heart, she has endured so much. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her along with my prayers.
Makenzie's grandfather went to Dallas to be with her this weekend and her parents came home for the cancer walk and her mom's high school reunion. They will go back to Dallas tomorrow afternoon. Her mom said spending last night in her own house just felt like Heaven.
When they thought Makenzie was coming home to stay, they let the house go that they were renting near the hospital in Dallas. Now they are living in a motel and the doctor is saying Makenzie will be there at least another month.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70213 Oct 19, 2013
That's got to be expensive. Does that city have a Ronald MacDonald House?

A weekend escape will help relieve some of the stress and be good for them.

My prayers go out for the entire family.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70214 Oct 19, 2013
"Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you."

Mary Lou Retton

Level 8

Location hidden

#70215 Oct 19, 2013
Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Level 8

Location hidden

#70216 Oct 19, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Paint Pretty Day? On the birthday of pop artist Peter Max, paint a pretty picture. Max was born on October 19, 1937, in Berlin, Germany. The illustrator and graphic artist is known for the use of psychedelic shapes and color palettes as well as spectra in his work.
Murph

United States

#70217 Oct 20, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. Happy Sunday to you.
Liz--psssst is is Sunday?
Zazz, they have a Ronald MacDonald house, but there is a waiting list.

It is shaping up to be a pretty, sunny day here.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70218 Oct 21, 2013
Good Morning All

Yes, Murph it was Sunday but now it's Monday.

We're suppose to have a cold front moving in this week with December like temps.
Did you get your plants inside?

Zazz how are you doing? Better I hope.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70219 Oct 21, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day.

Thanks Liz. I was pretty sure today was going to be Monday but I can always use a little help on stuff like that. Plants aren't in yet, but I got the Geraniums potted yesterday and a few of the Pansies set out. Today, my plan is for my helper to help me get the plants moved inside.

My k n e e s wouldn't bend at all yesterday, so I had to work bent forward from my waist. I quit when my back started screaming at me. Then my left hand swelled up and the knuckles looked (and felt) like I had punched a brick wall. It is much better today.

What is allbodies doing today?

Level 8

Location hidden

#70220 Oct 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day.
Thanks Liz. I was pretty sure today was going to be Monday but I can always use a little help on stuff like that. Plants aren't in yet, but I got the Geraniums potted yesterday and a few of the Pansies set out. Today, my plan is for my helper to help me get the plants moved inside.
My k n e e s wouldn't bend at all yesterday, so I had to work bent forward from my waist. I quit when my back started screaming at me. Then my left hand swelled up and the knuckles looked (and felt) like I had punched a brick wall. It is much better today.
What is allbodies doing today?
Bending at the waist is a no no even for healthy bodies. I would think that would cripple you for a week.

Can you get a little stool to sit on when you garden so you don't have to stoop or bend?

You're in my prayers and so in Mackenzie. God bless.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70221 Oct 21, 2013
Thanks Liz. I am slowly improving.

Hope you and yours are well.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70222 Oct 21, 2013
"If you follow the crowd, you will go no further than the crowd. But if you walk alone, and find your own way, you will likely find yourself in places no one has ever been before."

Albert Einstein

Level 8

Location hidden

#70223 Oct 21, 2013
"I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe lead you."

Oprah Winfrey

Level 8

Location hidden

#70224 Oct 21, 2013

"With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose."

Wayne W. Dyer

Level 8

Location hidden

#70225 Oct 21, 2013
The philosophers make it all sound so easy. Beautiful words but easier said than done.

Level 8

Location hidden

#70226 Oct 21, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Old Ironsides Launch Day? In 1797, the U.S.S. Constitution, the U.S. Navy's oldest commissioned warship afloat, was launched in Boston's harbor. Over the years, Old Ironsides has enjoyed a number of restorations, the most recent of which was completed in 1997, allowing it to sail for the first time in 116 years.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70227 Oct 22, 2013
Good Morning All

Zazz glad you're feeling better.

Murph hope your knees are better today and I hope you're resting your body.

Did you ever get the TV set up?

Remember I told you all the problems the football team was having this year and how they only won two games. Yesterday NYS athletics stripped them of the 2 wins they had. Noah said he thinks because they had a illegal player on the team ( never heard of that before), but I'm not sure what really went down. Just glad the season is almost over.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70228 Oct 22, 2013
Good morning, Zazz and Liz and Allbodies. It is going to be a pretty day here.

My back was jacked up from bending over on Sunday, taking care of the Geraniums and Pansies, then yesterday I helped my helper carry in the heavy plants from the patio. Today, I resolve to do nothing but baby my back.--Unless I can get in to get a haircut, which always involves a lot of unnecessary sitting. Sitting hurts worse than yard work.

Liz, I don't have the tv set up yet. No reason; I have just put off calling the service. Strangely enough, I have gotten 2 calls from the company I had planned to go with, both in the past 4 days. The phone rings. I answer. A recorded voice announces that the company is doing a sales drive in my area and "all operators a currently busy at this time." Both times, you would not believe what came out of my mouth. "Why the &*^&$^#%$ did you Call me?"

Level 8

Location hidden

#70229 Oct 22, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Expensive Book Day? In a 1987 Christie's auction, the Japanese bookselling firm, Maruzen, paid $5,390,000 for a copy of the Gutenberg Bible printed in 1456. It was the highest price ever paid for a printed book. Celebrate by reading a book today!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70230 Oct 23, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph hope your back is feeling better. Did you end up getting your hair cut yesterday?
Grrrrrrrrrr I hate those annoying telemarketers, I always ask them to take me off the list and still they call back.

Yesterday I went to the town hall to pay the school tax bill. Usually I make the payment in 3 installments. I received the bill a few weeks ago and with all that's going on I just kept putting it off until yesterday. So my plan was to make Sept and Oct's payment and then pay the last installment next month. I went up to the counter and the tax person told me since I missed Sept's payment that I couldn't make installments and the bill had to be paid in full. I had brought a check from home and had it all made out for the 2 payments and they wouldn't accept it, even after I said I would be a check for the last payment which isn;t even due until the end of November next week. Bastards! So I had to run to the bank and get the remaining balance. Now what if someone only could afford to make a partial payment, they'd would rather take nothing and charge interest over taking a partial.
So after that fiasco I came home and my sister was over. She had just come from the vets. Her dogs eye was swollen, the vet checked her out and said that the dogs ear and side of the face was also swollen. They gave her a antibiotic for 2 weeks but they have concerns it might be a tumor. This is like one of the last things my sister needs. Hopefully it's just a infection, the dog seems fine and is acting as crazy as ever.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70231 Oct 23, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day. I believe it is going to be pretty here again today.

Liz--I called for a haircut yesterday but was told that the stylist only works on Wednesdays and Fridays. I will try again today.

Yesterday evening oldest son came and brought me some food. Before he got away, oldest daughter came with her furniture movers to rearrange my bedroom so I will be farther from the tv when it gets hooked up (Friday). Sheesh! It was like having teenagers again. Son was yelling, "Come on. Give me some Instruction here!" Then he would make these loud groans that I am sure the neighbors could hear. "My back! You hurt my back!"

I think they had a good time moving furniture. That tv looks obscenely large. I know I will only have it on when my hands won't hold a book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,394,659
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 38 min OK Barry 886
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 41 min OK Barry 1,251
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 258
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr -This IS Too Easy 60,024
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr Murphey_Law 513,329
News Supreme Court leaves assault weapons bans in pl... 10 hr WeTheSheeple 111
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages