Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70085 Sep 24, 2013
LizW wrote:
Oh no. Did he show up yet? Is he doing the bedroom or family room first?<quoted text>
He came right after I whined about him not coming. He is doing the bedroom first. I have managed this pretty well so far--not being able to get to my heated mattress pad or the oxygen. Staying out of the way when he is in the kitchen won't be a problem. When he starts doing the ceilings, it will be harder to stay out of his way.

I went to Sherwin Williams to look at their books and they don't keep them anymore. But, he said to find whatever I want online, from any company, and he will beat their price.

Also, I heard from the mattress company. The mattress got shipped to Wichita, rather than KC. They won't be able to get it to me until next Monday. For my trouble, I get to choose either a mattress pad or a sheet set.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70087 Sep 24, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, Saying more prayers for Mackenzie. God bless that little girl, she has endured so much.
They have reduced the vent from ding 100% of the work, down to 50%, and no antibodies. Appreciate the prayers.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70088 Sep 26, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph that's good news about Mackenzie. It sounds like she's making progress. I saw her Mom's FB post and what I think is a picture of her family. They look like such nice people.

How's the painting coming? Call those mattress people back and tell them for your trouble you'll take both a sheet set and mattress pad. I bet they'll be will to do it.

I know the walls are going to be white, but what color accents are you using?

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#70089 Sep 26, 2013
I'm glad McKenzie is improving.

Level 7

Location hidden

#70090 Sep 26, 2013
Thanks for the prop LizW, it's appreciated!
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70091 Sep 26, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a womderful day.
I am headed off with my cousin to visit our aunt, in about an hour.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#70092 Sep 26, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a womderful day.
I am headed off with my cousin to visit our aunt, in about an hour.
Have a good day, Murph! I am cleaning closets today.. Gotta get all the fall, winter clothes out..
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70093 Sep 26, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day, Murph! I am cleaning closets today.. Gotta get all the fall, winter clothes out..
I need to do that, too, and it seems like I just got the fall and winter stuff put away.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70094 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday our Jeannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Happy Birthday to you!

I hope you are enjoying a lovely birthday.

Level 7

Location hidden

#70095 Sep 27, 2013
Thanks for the next prop LizW!

Level 7

Location hidden

#70096 Sep 27, 2013
Happy Birthday Jean!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#70097 Sep 27, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a very excellent day.
It is beautiful here and the birds are celebrating.

I got to go see my wonderful aunt yesterday. She is weak but her mind is as sharp as ever.

My painting project is not going well. I chose what looked like a very, very light yellow on the color card. OMG! It looks like my kitchen walls were doused with cheap mustard. Still haven't found kitchen border that I like. Now I have to start my search all over and type in,'something that works with mustard'.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70098 Sep 28, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph hope you enjoyed your visit with your Aunt.

Yellow is very popular now for kitchens. I bet the color will grow on you. In my experience shades of yellow and green paint are hard top work with though. They never seem to look like the samples. We just did one of the bedrooms in yellow a couple months ago. It's way too bright and I'm still working on getting use to it.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70099 Sep 28, 2013
A couple weeks ago one of the high school football players in Western New York died from a helmet to helmet injury. This week the players school decided to forfeit the rest of their season. The locals people had mixed emotions on forfeiting the season.
Last night a boy from another town close by had to be Mercy flighted from the game. No word on his condition or what happened.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70100 Oct 1, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a terrific day.

Liz, is the boy who had to be flighted from the game going to be ok?

My painter was here for about 20 minutes on Friday morning. Said he had to go power wash a house, and would be back. Haven't seen him since!

My new mattress came yesterday and I Love it. As soon as the bed was made, I stretched out to see if I was going to like it. I went to sleep and slept until GS came and woke me up!

Also, since the mattress went to the wrong shipping terminal initially and I got it a week later than they had said, they sent me a 1200 thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheet set. That was pretty nice of them because I hadn't bitched about the bed being late; they just emailed and said they were sorry and wanted to give me my choice of a mattress cover or sheet set.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70101 Oct 1, 2013
I have sat here lonely and alone, cold, hungry, and whatever else you can think of, for Six Hours, waiting for somebody to Talk To Me. Ain't nobody talkin' to me. I am going to flounce off now.

Sad
Lonely
cryin'

Oh, cryin' reminded me I haven't listend to Roy Orbison for a couple of days. I gotta listen to some Orbison, Then I am flouncing off.

I've got dozens of trees growing where they are not supposed to be growing. Big, thriving, healthy trees. HOW does this happen??? When I plant a tree I have to baby it for two years to get it as robust as these unwanted trees. I got a bunch cut this morning, but it didn't make a dent in the number that need to be cut.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70102 Oct 2, 2013
Twenty hours I have sat here alone, cold, hungry, lonely, etc., etc. I am going to flounce off now.

I hope allbodies have a great day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70103 Oct 2, 2013
Here I am..........My sister just stopped over. Things are about the same as they were the other day when she was here.

Where the hell is the painter? How much left does he have to paint?

Glad you're enjoying the new bed. What color sheets did they send?
Murph wrote:
Twenty hours I have sat here alone, cold, hungry, lonely, etc., etc. I am going to flounce off now.
I hope allbodies have a great day.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#70104 Oct 2, 2013
LizW wrote:
Here I am..........My sister just stopped over. Things are about the same as they were the other day when she was here.
Where the hell is the painter? How much left does he have to paint?
Glad you're enjoying the new bed. What color sheets did they send?<quoted text>
Painter has one little bit to do in the kitchen, and a second coat on the ceilings.

They sent white, 1200 thread count 100% Egyptian cotton, Contessa line. I haven't taken them out of the package yet, but what I can see looks pretty. My helper will be here tomorrow. I will have her wash them and put them on the bed for me.

There was some 'excitement' in the hood. A man and woman on bikes were going back and forth in front of my house, yelling something. I was totally unaware of it. Neighbor man thought they were yelling at me and he called the police. I took the dogs out to potty. Of course, they started raising cain. The people were asking me if I had seen their dog. Neighbor woman thought they were bothering me so she came running over. Turns out, some other neighbor had called the police before my next door neighbor man did. At the time they called, the people were still in front of my house. Just as neighbor man called, they started going west.
When the police woman came, neighbor man walked out to the road to talk to her. I said, "No. They are headed south.--BUT, they are looking for their dog." Neighbor woman said, "At least we got to be your heroes for a couple of minutes there." We got a good laugh out of that.
I am happy to know I am not as isolated in the neighborhood in the daytime as I thought I was.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#70105 Oct 2, 2013
Well that's good news that there's people in your hood looking out for you.
Nothing exciting usually happens in my hood. The last big event was when one neighbor was having a affair and the mailman got in trouble over it. It was all just so crazy, weird and uncomfortable at the same time. This was all about 3-4 years ago. The husband worked days and the wife worked nights. They had a couple preschool aged kids at time. The husband's Dad was good friends with my Dad and I've known him all my life. Anyway during that winter I would see this guy outside with the kids and once in awhile run into him at the mailbox. For some reason I assumed he was the babysitter and never made much of it. So during the summer the neighbor's went on vacation and had their mail stopped. There was some confusion and for some reason the mailman had the mail in his truck when the " babysitter" went up and asked him for it, so the mailman gave it to him. So one day the mailman comes knocking at my door asking if I knew when the husband would be home he wanted to talk to the husband. The husband had reported the mailman for giving out his mail to a unauthorized individual. So I took down the mailman's info and told him I'd give it to the neighbor and it was probably all a misunderstanding. The babysitter always got the mail and brought into the house. Meanwhile another neighbor came over and said it was a Uncle and not a babysitter. So later that day I saw the husband and told him the mailman was in hot water over the babysitter and asked him to please call the post office and smooth things over. That's when the husband told me there was no babysitter or Uncle and that guy was not suppose to be at the house. Prior to this I never paid too much attention to the babysitter/Uncle but then started noticing he was there in the morning a couple minutes after the husband went to work and left just before the husband came home. The wife and the guy even had a garage sale together. This all went on for over a year that I knew of. The wife had balls, she's be sitting at the pool or in the front yard with the guy and all the neighbor's knew what was going on. Then the poor husband would come home from work and everyone tried to avoid him just in case he was started asking questions..........whew I was glad when that romance ended.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Painter has one little bit to do in the kitchen, and a second coat on the ceilings.
They sent white, 1200 thread count 100% Egyptian cotton, Contessa line. I haven't taken them out of the package yet, but what I can see looks pretty. My helper will be here tomorrow. I will have her wash them and put them on the bed for me.
There was some 'excitement' in the hood. A man and woman on bikes were going back and forth in front of my house, yelling something. I was totally unaware of it. Neighbor man thought they were yelling at me and he called the police. I took the dogs out to potty. Of course, they started raising cain. The people were asking me if I had seen their dog. Neighbor woman thought they were bothering me so she came running over. Turns out, some other neighbor had called the police before my next door neighbor man did. At the time they called, the people were still in front of my house. Just as neighbor man called, they started going west.
When the police woman came, neighbor man walked out to the road to talk to her. I said, "No. They are headed south.--BUT, they are looking for their dog." Neighbor woman said, "At least we got to be your heroes for a couple of minutes there." We got a good laugh out of that.
I am happy to know I am not as isolated in the neighborhood in the daytime as I thought I was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,509,621
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Community Disorga... 63,574
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 513,046
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 2 hr zazz 25,586
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 16 hr zazz 98,369
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 22 hr Breezy _Soul 19,617

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages