Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69966 Sep 6, 2013
Your days are just as thrilling as mine. I just finished cleaning the house and changing everyone's linens.

I went and looked for the video. I don't see a video on your wall, can you share it again and just type my name in. I did see more pic's of Ryder. He's a handsome guy!

I think you're right about the ironing shirts and just wanting companionship. It just seems weird that after being with someone for so many years you just start over and have some other joker hanging around all the time. I couldn't do it. And for sure I'm not ironing his damn shirts.
Murph wrote:
Good morning,Allbodies. I wish you a wonderful day.
It is cool right now but, by 10 o'clock it will be extremely hot. I have big, exciting plans for the day, if my feet start working. I want to take the dogs to the groomer and cut some saplings that are on the border of my property. And water the flowers, front yard and back. Doesn't that just get your heart racing?
Liz, my late best friend's widower did that. He hasn't remarried, but he started dating six months after she died.
I remember something my aunt said to me years ago, when I was widowed at the age of 48. She said a lot of her friends who were widowed were re-marrying within a couple of years. She sad, "I figure any man who is interested in me at my age, is just looking for someone to iron his shirts."
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69969 Sep 7, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a very peasant, relaxing Saturday.

Liz, Little Bella is truly a miracle baby. She really should be on the news. I couldn't believe that her mother was holding her in her arms at 1 lb 3 oz.

I saw the cutest thing yesterday. I took the dogs to the groomer. Groomer has a little boy who is not quite 2 years old. Murphy just gets her claws clipped, then we leave Marley there to be bathed and clipped. Groomer was clipping Murphy and she thought she may have broken some skin, so she dropped the clippers on the floor and went to get some ointment. The adorable little boy picked the clippers up in one hand and Murphy's hind foot in the other hand and he was ready to do business. I really think he could have done it! I wish I had a video of it.

What are all y'all up to today?
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69971 Sep 7, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a very peasant, relaxing Saturday.
Liz, Little Bella is truly a miracle baby. She really should be on the news. I couldn't believe that her mother was holding her in her arms at 1 lb 3 oz.
I saw the cutest thing yesterday. I took the dogs to the groomer. Groomer has a little boy who is not quite 2 years old. Murphy just gets her claws clipped, then we leave Marley there to be bathed and clipped. Groomer was clipping Murphy and she thought she may have broken some skin, so she dropped the clippers on the floor and went to get some ointment. The adorable little boy picked the clippers up in one hand and Murphy's hind foot in the other hand and he was ready to do business. I really think he could have done it! I wish I had a video of it.
What are all y'all up to today?
Well I've had an interesting week, last Sunday we went hiking, grandson stepped in quicksand and sunk up to his thighs and was still sinking. Sam jumps in trying to save him. Son grabbed a branch and GS held on and we got him out. Meanwhile I get a branch and Sam grabs it with his teeth me all of us helped pull him out. Scared the Shiz outta me. Somehow during the rescue, Sam scratched the crap outta my arm. It looks like I was attacked, lol. But thank you Jesus, we are all okay, we had to jump in the lake to clean off, it was weird, you couldnt tell it was quicksand it was covered with leaves and dirt.

We started remodeling the kitchen last week (ourselves, wth was I thinking, I emptied 29 cabinets, scrubbed them out, scrubbed and sanded the doors. The countertops will be in on the 13th. Hubs and son are doing the painting and laying the new floor in the kitchen and dining room. I have my new light fixtures, sink and faucet but it seems like every day I'm at the hardware store getting more wood or something. My son gets a discount or being a disabled vet so that helps. I threw a hissy fit in there one day after they sold me the wrong thing twice so now when they see me walk in I get special attention, I should as much money I've spent, lol. I hope ll you ladies have a wonderful weekend!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69972 Sep 7, 2013
Making a cool recipe tonight. You place a fish filet on sheet of foil (I like white mild fish) top with pats of butter, a couple tbsp Italian dressing, chopped italian parley and lemon slices (I also add garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Fold foil into a packet. Bake at 350 for abt. 30 minutes. Serve over steamed rice with garlic bread. Outstanding!

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#69973 Sep 7, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
Making a cool recipe tonight. You place a fish filet on sheet of foil (I like white mild fish) top with pats of butter, a couple tbsp Italian dressing, chopped italian parley and lemon slices (I also add garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Fold foil into a packet. Bake at 350 for abt. 30 minutes. Serve over steamed rice with garlic bread. Outstanding!
That sounds great!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69975 Sep 8, 2013
Good Morning Ladies

Murph how did GS game go? Noah's team lost. Hopefully the rest of the season goes better.

Queen that's pretty scary about your GS and the quick sand. Is quick sand all that common in your area? I've never heard of it being around here before.
I know the kitchen project must be aggravating now but I bet you'll love the end results. What colors are you using?
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69976 Sep 8, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cajun---What a scary adventure. I am so glad everyone is ok. It sounds like you were on solid ground and you got hurt the worse. Thannk God you gt to GS and Sam in time.--And that Sam was thinking clearly enough to grab on with his teeth and hold on.
Your fish sounds good.

Liz--Both of our schools, the one 14 year-old GS plays for and one where 16 year-old was quarter back until last year when he decided to play fall baseball instead of football, had their azzes handed to them. A very scary thing happened to the kid who replaced 16 year-old as QB. He was down, with all the other team on top of him. He couldn't get up. Ended being rushed to ER in the ambulance. GS went out to the ER. They said his brain was so badly bruised, the pain he was feeling was like a migraine times three. At first, he didn't recognize his parents or anyone. By the time GS got to go in, the boy recognized him and his parents. The ER doctor said that he would likely be ok, but he wouldn't remember anything about that night, or maybe even the next day. May have short term memory problems for a few weeks.
I just thank God he will be ok.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69977 Sep 8, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds great!
Hi, Missy.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69978 Sep 8, 2013
It is supposed to get to 95 degrees roday Already pretty warm out. By the time my back will loosen up enough to let me water, it will be very hot.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69980 Sep 8, 2013
My bony butt has sat here for 5 hours, waiting for someone to talk to me. I think I'm gonna cry!

My youngest son and 2 youngest GSs came and visited, then DIL came and we had coffee, then oldest GD brought Landyn.

He Loves the gym I got him. He plays with the hanging toys and hits the keyboard with his feet to play music. He sure is a contented little guy.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#69981 Sep 8, 2013
Murph wrote:
My bony butt has sat here for 5 hours, waiting for someone to talk to me. I think I'm gonna cry!
My youngest son and 2 youngest GSs came and visited, then DIL came and we had coffee, then oldest GD brought Landyn.
He Loves the gym I got him. He plays with the hanging toys and hits the keyboard with his feet to play music. He sure is a contented little guy.
Hi Murph, Grandkids are the greatest.. I get a new Granddaughter the first of November.. My new Grandson is 4 months old now and is such a joy..he gets all excited when he sees me. He tries so hard to talk..My 7 year old Granddaughter is so protective of him,. We went to a family get together a few weeks ago and several family members that we had not seen in years were there. One of my relatives was holding my Grandson and my Granddaughter would not let them out of her sight..I really think she bought someone might steal her baby brother.,

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69982 Sep 8, 2013
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

Level 8

Location hidden

#69983 Sep 8, 2013
Murph, if I had known I would have sped over here and chatted you up.

I hope you are doing OK, and not in too much pain. Please take care of yourself. Sometimes, it seems as if you do too much. I guess when you feel a little better you want to make up for lost time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69984 Sep 8, 2013
"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit
there."

*** Will Rogers ***

Level 8

Location hidden

#69985 Sep 8, 2013
Did you know...

... that yesterday was Postal Workers Day? In 1914, the New York Post Office Building opened. Celebrate your postal carrier.
Take a look and see

Key West, FL

#69986 Sep 8, 2013
Murph wrote:
I can't understand why anyone would give bad jits to anyone that posts to you on a regular basis. You need us in your life like all the trolls do. You are a legitimate soul that needs us to be with you in your journey of life.

I will always be here for you Murph, not knowing you personally, or, you I.

I love you with all my heart because you are you and I am I. We say it like it is....

Hang in there friend, you make yourself proud by what you do.

Me too<3

Level 8

Location hidden

#69987 Sep 8, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is James Brown Boulevard Day? In 1994, the city of New York renamed the portion of 125th Street that runs in front of the Apollo Theater in Harlem as James Brown Boulevard.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69988 Sep 8, 2013
Take a look and see wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand why anyone would give bad jits to anyone that posts to you on a regular basis. You need us in your life like all the trolls do. You are a legitimate soul that needs us to be with you in your journey of life.
I will always be here for you Murph, not knowing you personally, or, you I.
I love you with all my heart because you are you and I am I. We say it like it is....
Hang in there friend, you make yourself proud by what you do.
Me too<3
"And some of you are harmonies to all the notes I play; Although we may not meet still you know me well."

Al Stewart

Level 8

Location hidden

#69989 Sep 8, 2013
Some people are so unhappy they can't stand to see others enjoying themselves. They are just mean and don't seem to be able to control themselves.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69992 Sep 9, 2013
Good Morning All

I thought the warm temps were pretty much over here, but tomorrow is suppose to be in the 90's.
Murph I'm glad that player who got hurt is okay. That had to be scary for him and his parents. I saw a article in the paper the other day where it said that last weekend was" the opening of football season, otherwise known as concussion season".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,657,846
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 hr Mary NY 514,742
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr NAME 64,308
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 19 hr Wondering 1,192
Basic Construction Rudy Frazier Wed Bill 1
News Palins look to land and sea to build wealth; es... (Oct '08) Tue Italo 6
Happy Cats Purr! Tue Kitty 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages