Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69943 Aug 31, 2013
I just checked weather.com and it is 99 degrees and feels like 108. There is a dangerous heat warning.
It says we have a 30% chance of rain tomorrow. Oh, that is So Exciting!!!

No, Liz. No Labor Day plans. Here is my typical day:

Wake up
hobble to the bathroom
hobble to kitchen to make coffee, spilling 2/3 of it
feed and water pets let dogs out to their pen and back in
get on internet type with right index finger.-- Used to type with 2, but now the left one is so crooked it hits the key to the left of where I'm aiming
Hobble in for a shower --not in that expensive Jacuzzi because it beats me to death set on the lowest jet
hobble back to bed
repeat all above until 4:20
hobble in and make coffee
have coffee with whomever stops by
hobble back to bed
I can barely stand the damned excitement of it all.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69945 Sep 1, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. Is it Sunday yet? If so, I wish everyone a very happy Sunday.

Liz--The kids have practiced in some terrible heat, and in bitter cold. My SIL calls 99 degrees 'great baseball weather'.

I don't understand why my dogs don't seem to like their pen. I thought they would love having a place to run and romp. They wait until I let them back in, then run and romp and wrestle on my carpet. The pen is kept clean and the mowers weed-whack it, so it is a nice place for them to play. Ima build me a chicken house and raise chickens out there!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69946 Sep 2, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph it's Monday.
At least if you decide to raise chickens you'll never have to buy eggs again. My daughter has them coming out of her ears.

I had to laugh about your dogs and their pen. My sister has a indoor and outdoor pen for her dog. Her dog is crazy like the rest of the family. All she ever did was cry in the outdoor pen so she hasn't been in it in years. Then there's the indoor pen that the dog never wants to leave. When I was staying with my sisyer while she was ill I had more than a couple go rounds with her dog. I'd go downstairs to let it out of it's pen, usually having to grab her by the collar to get her out. Instead of going outside she'd run up and down the stairs for about 15 minutes. After I would finally get it out the door I'm not sure the dog ever left the deck steps. My sister would say to let the dog stay out for awhile but I was letting it back in after a few minutes. All she was doing was crying outside. I don't know why I was even bothering letting the dog out. She was using her pen for a bathroom anyway. Oh boy that dog was giving me a workout.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69947 Sep 3, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph it's Monday.
At least if you decide to raise chickens you'll never have to buy eggs again. My daughter has them coming out of her ears.
I had to laugh about your dogs and their pen. My sister has a indoor and outdoor pen for her dog. Her dog is crazy like the rest of the family. All she ever did was cry in the outdoor pen so she hasn't been in it in years. Then there's the indoor pen that the dog never wants to leave. When I was staying with my sisyer while she was ill I had more than a couple go rounds with her dog. I'd go downstairs to let it out of it's pen, usually having to grab her by the collar to get her out. Instead of going outside she'd run up and down the stairs for about 15 minutes. After I would finally get it out the door I'm not sure the dog ever left the deck steps. My sister would say to let the dog stay out for awhile but I was letting it back in after a few minutes. All she was doing was crying outside. I don't know why I was even bothering letting the dog out. She was using her pen for a bathroom anyway. Oh boy that dog was giving me a workout.
Heehee--sounds like that dog was serious about getting her exercise even if she didn't want to go outside. I can just visualize her going up and down the stairs.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69948 Sep 4, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph the dog is fairly good sized. I believe my sister said 70lbs. It's a German shorthaired pointer and the wackiest dog I've ever met.
On trash day even though she's inside she has a meltdown when the men come to pick up the trash. She's suppose to be a hunting dog, she once saw a dead bird and ran under the deck to hide.

She's almost knocked me down the steps a couple times when I've been standing there and her crazy ass is running 90mph up and down a million times.

When is GS first game?
Noah plays Saturday night. The team copied what Ohio State does. They lock arms and sway back and forth at the end zone before they run out on the field. I laugh every time think of Noah and his group that got moved up doing that routine. Most of those kids I've known since they were little and would be crying on the side line if they got hit, not to mention they're more the type of run out doing cartwheels and somersaults. Oh geez..........then when they look up and see all the people at the game they'll probably panic. They're use to just seeing the parents and maybe a few stray relatives. LOL
This should be interesting.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Heehee--sounds like that dog was serious about getting her exercise even if she didn't want to go outside. I can just visualize her going up and down the stairs.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69949 Sep 4, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.

Liz, that dog sounds like she would be a blast. ROFL at her hiding from the dead bird.
Both my dogs love my helper, but little Marley Really, Really loves her and every time she pets the cats or Murphy, little Marley is right in her face, "You love me best, don't you? Don't you love me best? You gotta love me best." However--helper was pounding on my back yesterday to loosen my lungs, and little Marley did not want her touching me.

Our boys play their first real game Friday night. Out of town, of course. GS did well at the scrimmage.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69950 Sep 4, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Peter Rabbit's Birthday? Beatrix Potter first told the story of Peter Rabbit when she sent a get-well letter to 5-year-old Noel Moore in 1893. Potter self-published a limited edition of the book in 1901 and Frederick Warne brought out a commercial edition in 1902

Level 8

Location hidden

#69951 Sep 4, 2013
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

George Bernard Shaw

Level 8

Location hidden

#69952 Sep 4, 2013
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

*** Mary Hemingway ***

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69953 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.
*** Mary Hemingway ***
Perfect, thanks zazz.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69954 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
George Bernard Shaw
Love it!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69955 Sep 5, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Good to see you, Zazz and Yoohoo.

It is lovely here right now. It is only 69 degrees. That will change by 10 AM or so, and it will be hot.

What is Allbodies up to today? Ima get my hands working and my feet working and trim brush on the east and west of my property.

Isn't it strange that, when a person plants a tree, she has to baby it and tend it and love on it to get it to grow big and strong. Hundreds of little trees can spring up on their own and grow two feet while your back is turned.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69956 Sep 5, 2013
Liz--I just shared a cute video on FB. Check it out. It is Landyn trying to growl back at his daddy.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69957 Sep 5, 2013
Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

When we have a holiday I never know what day it is all week long. Once I thought there was no school because I thought it was Saturday but it was Friday. My kids knew but thought it was funny so they didn't tell me until we had to rush around like chickens to make it on time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69958 Sep 5, 2013
Murph, I hope you are not over doing it. Take care of yourself and don't push yourself too hard.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69959 Sep 5, 2013

Did you know...

... that today is the birthday of the Waffle House? The first Waffle House restaurant was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1955. Enjoy some waffles today!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69960 Sep 5, 2013

"A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life."

William Arthur Ward

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69961 Sep 6, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I'll check out the video. How's Ryder doing?
Bella is almost up to 2 pounds and is stable.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69962 Sep 6, 2013
I might be the only person in America who's never been to a Waffle House or a Sonic..........but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is the birthday of the Waffle House? The first Waffle House restaurant was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1955. Enjoy some waffles today!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69963 Sep 6, 2013
It cooled way down here too. Yesterday was only about 70. In some areas there frost advisories for tonight.

Just staying home cleaning today. Yesterday I did the laundry and grocery shopping ..........I should be good in that department for at least 2 days.

Did I tell you my cousin Carin's father remarried last week? I just don't get it. How can you be married for 30 years and just pick up and start over again. It just seems so wierd.
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Good to see you, Zazz and Yoohoo.
It is lovely here right now. It is only 69 degrees. That will change by 10 AM or so, and it will be hot.
What is Allbodies up to today? Ima get my hands working and my feet working and trim brush on the east and west of my property.
Isn't it strange that, when a person plants a tree, she has to baby it and tend it and love on it to get it to grow big and strong. Hundreds of little trees can spring up on their own and grow two feet while your back is turned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,263,766
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min IBdaMann 54,322
two words (Jul '10) 40 min Princess Hey 27,332
last post wins! (Jul '11) 44 min Princess Hey 5,804
The alphabet (Jun '06) 49 min Princess Hey 1,396
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 53 min Princess Hey 12,717
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 97,458
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr ANGHARAD 501,500
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages