Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Derby, KS

#69921 Aug 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Hi Murph. A homemade barometer sounds pretty cool. What's it made out of?
Most of the Varsity games are Friday nights under the lights but there's 2-3 Saturday games as well. If the teams made play-offs then the games are always Saturday or Sunday's.
Do you have any idea how many kids attend your local high school? Do kids from a couple different towns all go to the same school?<quoted text>
We have buses all over the place in the mornings before school and when school gets out. Some kids who live here go to the school about 15 miles away, and some kids who live there, choose to go to school here.
The highway that is just one house east of me, divides the school districts. That meant, back in the old days, my kids, who lived 3 blocks from the grade school would have to spend 30 to 40 minutes on a bus Unless, I wrote a letter every year, making a case for my kids to be allowed to attend the school 3 blocks from our house.

People who wanted their kids to attend the school 15 miles away, also had to petition the school to let their kids in. A few years ago there was a big ruckus because someone complained about a bus picking up kids from "Our" school district. Now, it is more relaxed, I think. When my now 16 year-old gs wanted to attend the school 15 miles away, I don't think they had any trouble getting him in. I am not sure how many are in the high school here. I have a freshman and a sophomore in the school, and a junior in the one 15 miles away.

The homemade barometer is a clear wine carafe filled with water and a clear, old fashioned long-neck pop bottle positioned on top. It is amazing to me how high the barometer went yesterday and how far it has fallen today. I had always heard that when the barometer was falling was when pain was worse. My cousin maintains that it doesn't matter whether it is up or down, it is when it is moving that the pain is worse. It moved about 2 inches just while she was here yesterday. It fell dropped this morning and has stayed down all day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69922 Aug 27, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph the barometer looks awesome. Your cousin is very clever.
I agree with you on the changes in weather can bring more pain on. There a few people I know who's aches and pains are worse when the temps change, especially suddenly.
There's times I woken up with migraines when the temps suddenly drop or it starts raining.

Your GS might be playing school's further away also because everything is broken down to divisions and class. Here it's A, AA,AAA, B and C. Your class depends on how many students attend the school, and the school only plays other schools within the same class and division.
Veruca Salt

Spring, TX

#69923 Aug 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
We have buses all over the place in the mornings before school and when school gets out. Some kids who live here go to the school about 15 miles away, and some kids who live there, choose to go to school here.
The highway that is just one house east of me, divides the school districts. That meant, back in the old days, my kids, who lived 3 blocks from the grade school would have to spend 30 to 40 minutes on a bus Unless, I wrote a letter every year, making a case for my kids to be allowed to attend the school 3 blocks from our house.
People who wanted their kids to attend the school 15 miles away, also had to petition the school to let their kids in. A few years ago there was a big ruckus because someone complained about a bus picking up kids from "Our" school district. Now, it is more relaxed, I think. When my now 16 year-old gs wanted to attend the school 15 miles away, I don't think they had any trouble getting him in. I am not sure how many are in the high school here. I have a freshman and a sophomore in the school, and a junior in the one 15 miles away.
The homemade barometer is a clear wine carafe filled with water and a clear, old fashioned long-neck pop bottle positioned on top. It is amazing to me how high the barometer went yesterday and how far it has fallen today. I had always heard that when the barometer was falling was when pain was worse. My cousin maintains that it doesn't matter whether it is up or down, it is when it is moving that the pain is worse. It moved about 2 inches just while she was here yesterday. It fell dropped this morning and has stayed down all day.
I have my own barometer. I know when it is down because all I want to do is SLEEP.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69924 Aug 29, 2013
Murph where are you girl? I miss you. Hope everything is okay. How soon before Ryder makes his debut?
Murph

Derby, KS

#69925 Aug 29, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a wonderful day.
What are all y'all up to today?

Liz--I'm here. For several months I have had just my index fingers to type with. Now, my left one only works when it wants to. For every word I write, I have to make at least one correction.
Ryder is coming at 8:30 Wednesday morning. Oldest GD said she would take me, but I will have to call and see whether infants would be allowed on the OB ward. Landyn would have to go with us.

He was really 'talking' to big mama yesterday
Murph

Derby, KS

#69926 Aug 29, 2013
Looks like we are getting a baby tonight instead of Wednesday, when it was scheduled.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69927 Aug 29, 2013
Six pounds, 8 ounces. Ryder Alexander.
This is the third time she was in the hospital with contractions. Today she had had bad ones for over 8 hours. This time, again, they were going to give her iv's to stop the contractions. GS insisted that they would not be leaving the hospital this time without a baby. I am glad he stuck to his guns. The cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. Daughter said he is healthy.
I so hope my bones will let me drive over there in the morning! I am dying to see the little guy!

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69928 Aug 29, 2013
Congratulations on the new addition to your family Murph!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69929 Aug 30, 2013
Good Morning All. Murph I hope you're feeling better today. Ryder is one handsome fellow.
Congrats!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69930 Aug 30, 2013
Murph~ Congrats! Hope little Ryder is healthy and mom is doing well! HOW EXCITING!!!

Thanks for the advice on the job, I did have him ask for their cards at the end of the interview and emailed them for him just thanking them for there time and he them know how is was very interested in the position. But he hasn't called so I will tell him that is a god idea also.

LizW~thanks for the props, they help out so much! When does your kids go back to school? I have to go out this week and get a few more things that her classes recommend she have this year. Like in Math she needs a specific calculator that does fractions. Which makes no sense to me cause how are they learning to do it when their allowed a calculator.

Hope u all have a wonderful day, the kids have an early dismissal so Im going to get an early nap in!
Murph

Derby, KS

#69931 Aug 30, 2013
Thank you for the congrats.

I got up early this morning. My hands never wotk until noon. I was trying to carry two double bowls of food/water out my bedroom door that opens onto the porch that opens onto the dog pen. Got clear to the door. My hand just turned loose and I spilled food and water all in the doorway. On the Inside of the doorway.

I drove to the town where Ryder was born. Took a little under an hour. My daughter texted my GS and said she was going to let me sleep a little longer, than would pick me up and take me over there to see Ryder.
Grandson texted her: Um...she's sitting here, holding him.

He is a little doll. He seems so tiny compared to Landyn when he was born.
16 year-old uncle hadn't seen him yet. They were going to leave around 1 to go see him.

This is my daughter's birthday, so I think she got a pretty wonderful birthday gift!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69932 Aug 30, 2013
You're right. What a wonderful gift for your daughter's Birthday. No wonder Ryder looks small compared to Landyn. Landyn came out looking like a toddler. Does Ryder have much hair?

Do GS have a scrimmage this weekend? The kids here are all scrimmaging.
Murph wrote:
Thank you for the congrats.
I got up early this morning. My hands never wotk until noon. I was trying to carry two double bowls of food/water out my bedroom door that opens onto the porch that opens onto the dog pen. Got clear to the door. My hand just turned loose and I spilled food and water all in the doorway. On the Inside of the doorway.
I drove to the town where Ryder was born. Took a little under an hour. My daughter texted my GS and said she was going to let me sleep a little longer, than would pick me up and take me over there to see Ryder.
Grandson texted her: Um...she's sitting here, holding him.
He is a little doll. He seems so tiny compared to Landyn when he was born.
16 year-old uncle hadn't seen him yet. They were going to leave around 1 to go see him.
This is my daughter's birthday, so I think she got a pretty wonderful birthday gift!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69933 Aug 30, 2013
Hi Jordan,

The kids here start school on Wednesday. Not that it makes a big difference here, since July my son has pretty much been at school from 7-3 everyday with practices. Now the hours will just change a bit and he'll be at school until almost 6 everyday.

Are you talking about that calculator that's a little over 100.00 that the school's suggest the kids have? If so check with the school to see if they provide them for the kids to use during class. We bought one for my middle son, he lost it, we replaced it and then found out the school already has the calculators for the kids to use.
A few years ago our school district had excess money ( that never happens) and none of the kids had to buy any supplies. Locker's were fully stocked when the kids arrived at school the first day. It was awesome.
jordan115 wrote:
Murph~ Congrats! Hope little Ryder is healthy and mom is doing well! HOW EXCITING!!!
Thanks for the advice on the job, I did have him ask for their cards at the end of the interview and emailed them for him just thanking them for there time and he them know how is was very interested in the position. But he hasn't called so I will tell him that is a god idea also.
LizW~thanks for the props, they help out so much! When does your kids go back to school? I have to go out this week and get a few more things that her classes recommend she have this year. Like in Math she needs a specific calculator that does fractions. Which makes no sense to me cause how are they learning to do it when their allowed a calculator.
Hope u all have a wonderful day, the kids have an early dismissal so Im going to get an early nap in!
Murph

Derby, KS

#69934 Aug 30, 2013
LizW wrote:
You're right. What a wonderful gift for your daughter's Birthday. No wonder Ryder looks small compared to Landyn. Landyn came out looking like a toddler. Does Ryder have much hair?
Do GS have a scrimmage this weekend? The kids here are all scrimmaging.<quoted text>
He has a head full of dark hair, but nothing like the long, dark hair that Landyn was born with.
The kids are So tired and they want to be at home with the other two.
That hospital is very nice and the people there are extremely friendly and helpful, but it just isn't Home.
Grandson has to work tomorrow and Monday, but he will be off for 5 days when they bring the baby home.

Yes, the kids had a scrimmage last night, then the stores stayed opened late and all the athletes, track, tennis, football, etc., were in a parade.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69935 Aug 30, 2013
PS That trip nearly killed me.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69936 Aug 31, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I hope you're able to stay in and rest today. Any idea when the kids and the baby are coming home?

That's pretty cool about the parade. The only time they do that here is for homecoming. What do you mean the stores are opened late? Are you talking convenient and grocery stores? Just about everything here is either open 24 hours or at least until midnight on a regular basis.
Softly Spoken Lies

Spring, TX

#69937 Aug 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Awwwwwwwww Murph I hope your body feels better soon. Ask the kids when they stop for coffee to do some watering and transplanting the plants for you. I'm sure they won't mind helping you out.
I've been meaning to tell you that the other day The President was in western New York. He stopped in Rochester for lunch and they closed streets in all the surrounding areas. He ate at a small cafe and went around shaking everyone's hand in the restaurant. It appears that he's trying to save money on traveling expenses. He and his staff stayed at this dumpy looking Holiday Inn Express in Central New York.<quoted text>
http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx...
Murph

Derby, KS

#69939 Aug 31, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

I absolutely Have to water today and haven't quite figured out how I am going to do it. Gotta do it.

Liz, what I meant about the stores staying open--most of our stores that are downtown, on Main Street, close at 5 PM. They stay open until 9 or 10 on the night we honor our athletes. We have a few convenience stores and a Walmart that are open all the time.

What is allbodies up to today?
Murph

Derby, KS

#69940 Aug 31, 2013
Hokaaaay---my dumb azz has finally figured out that it is Saturday. I didn't actually figure it out--I called time and temperature because I had just come in from watering and wanted to check the temperature. I would have sworn it was a hundred degrees out there, but it is 90. I was just amazed when the nice voice told me it was Saturday! Yesterday seemed like Saturday because my daughter was off. They get a paid day off on their birthdays were she works. She usually doesn't take it on her actual birthday.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69943 Aug 31, 2013
I just checked weather.com and it is 99 degrees and feels like 108. There is a dangerous heat warning.
It says we have a 30% chance of rain tomorrow. Oh, that is So Exciting!!!

No, Liz. No Labor Day plans. Here is my typical day:

Wake up
hobble to the bathroom
hobble to kitchen to make coffee, spilling 2/3 of it
feed and water pets let dogs out to their pen and back in
get on internet type with right index finger.-- Used to type with 2, but now the left one is so crooked it hits the key to the left of where I'm aiming
Hobble in for a shower --not in that expensive Jacuzzi because it beats me to death set on the lowest jet
hobble back to bed
repeat all above until 4:20
hobble in and make coffee
have coffee with whomever stops by
hobble back to bed
I can barely stand the damned excitement of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,433,591
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,519
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr A duck 513,507
keith or amy dunihue (Jan '11) 9 hr diane 15
News Man sought in sex abuse of girl arrested in Pom... (Jul '08) 19 hr Jessica 20
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 21 hr Princess Hey 19,169
real estate attorneys (Jul '09) Tue Ketie Holms 2

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages