“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69832 Aug 12, 2013
July 18 was the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile's Birthday. The
first Oscar Meyer Wienermobile hit the road on July 18, 1936, and is now on display in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn,Michigan. The nephew of Oscar Mayer invented the car.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69833 Aug 12, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that. Thank you for the information. Now I can quiz the grands to see if they know it.--And pretend like I knew it all along. Heehee.
LOL.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69835 Aug 12, 2013
In 1861,balloonist Thaddeus S.C. Lowe carried out the first aerial reconnaissance in American military history when he launched his balloon from Taylor's Tavern and made several tethered ascents to check out the activities of the Confederate Army.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69836 Aug 12, 2013
A four-year-old child, whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's' yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy just said,'Nothing, I just
helped him cry.'

Level 8

Location hidden

#69837 Aug 12, 2013
Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were discussing a picture of a family. One little boy in the picture had a different hair color than the other members. One of her students suggested that he was adopted.

A little girl said,'I know all about Adoption, I was adopted..'

'What does it mean to be adopted?', asked another child.

'It means', said the girl,'that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!'

Level 8

Location hidden

#69838 Aug 12, 2013

On my way home one day, I stopped to watch a Little League base ball game that was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the first- base line, I asked one of the boys what the score was.

'We're behind 14 to nothing,' he answered With a smile.

'Really,' I said.'I have to say you don't look very discouraged.'

'Discouraged?', the boy asked with a Puzzled look on his face...

'Why should we be discouraged? We haven't Been up to bat yet.'

Level 8

Location hidden

#69839 Aug 12, 2013
Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott.

Jamie was trying out for a part in the school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen.

On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school. Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement.'Guess what, Mom,' he shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to me....'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'

Level 8

Location hidden

#69840 Aug 12, 2013

An eye witness account from New York City , on a cold day in December, some years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.

A lady approached the young boy and said,'My, but you're in such deep thought staring in that window!'

'I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes,'was the boy's reply.

The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.

She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.

By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks.. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes..

She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.. She patted him on the head and said,'No doubt, you will be more comfortable now.'

As she turned to go, the astonished kid caught her by the hand, and looking up into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her.

'Are you God's wife?'

Level 8

Location hidden

#69841 Aug 12, 2013
Murph, something to read next time you're sitting here waiting for company.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69842 Aug 13, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, something to read next time you're sitting here waiting for company.
Thank you, Zazz. I enjoyed all of those. Actually, I think I was at that ballgame.(Several times).
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69843 Aug 13, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a terrific day.

Maybe I already mentioned it, but my wonderful aunt has been living for several months with her daughter in Wichita. My cousin and I were afraid we would never see her again. She made the decision to move to a rest home in a town just 10 minutes further away than where she lived when cousin and I used to go visit her. Our plan is for cousin to pick me up Thursday morning and we are going to go see her. I can't wait. Cousin said that, if I still can't walk or sit by Thursday, she is going to pitch me in the back of the pickup and We Are Going.
I can't Wait to hug that precious lady again.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69849 Aug 14, 2013
Just a quick post, its 3:30 am, cant sleep and im so anxious. My bf got a call Mon evening from a coal mine and he has an interview today at 3pm. He took the mining classes about a year ago and he all of the sudden got a call. I ran around today getting his resume professionally done, went and got all the info needed for the 5 references they wanted, and also had 2 people type letters of recommendation for him. I made this binder with everything perfectly in order but there is one problem. Although he has his mining certification, the lady that called and told him what all to bring also said to bring a copy of his HS diploma. He never graduated HS and never got his GED. He has always just worked, so I am praying so hard that its all gonna be ok and his work experience and certificate will be sufficient. This job would change our lives, we could actually have health benefits and a retirement plan. He deserves this so much and he is making himself sick with worry over the diploma. Please pray for my bf, Bill, to get this job opportunity so we can better our lives. Thanks and I will keep you guys updated. Im gonna try to get some sleep but I dont know if I can, im just so nervous and stressed.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69850 Aug 14, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
Just a quick post, its 3:30 am, cant sleep and im so anxious. My bf got a call Mon evening from a coal mine and he has an interview today at 3pm. He took the mining classes about a year ago and he all of the sudden got a call. I ran around today getting his resume professionally done, went and got all the info needed for the 5 references they wanted, and also had 2 people type letters of recommendation for him. I made this binder with everything perfectly in order but there is one problem. Although he has his mining certification, the lady that called and told him what all to bring also said to bring a copy of his HS diploma. He never graduated HS and never got his GED. He has always just worked, so I am praying so hard that its all gonna be ok and his work experience and certificate will be sufficient. This job would change our lives, we could actually have health benefits and a retirement plan. He deserves this so much and he is making himself sick with worry over the diploma. Please pray for my bf, Bill, to get this job opportunity so we can better our lives. Thanks and I will keep you guys updated. Im gonna try to get some sleep but I dont know if I can, im just so nervous and stressed.
I have a feeling his mining classes will more than fill their need.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69851 Aug 14, 2013
Good Morning Ladies.

Jordan I'm praying your BF gets the job. Like Yoohoo said the mining classes will be a big plus.

Murph is it Pam you're going to visit your Aunt with? I hope you have a wonderful trip?

Yoohoo I saw your post on the one thread needing props for someone. I think I only have 3 props a day to give out but if you need props PM me and I can ask my friend Missy to give her's out.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69852 Aug 14, 2013
Love it. Thanks Zazz.
zazz wrote:
An eye witness account from New York City , on a cold day in December, some years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.
A lady approached the young boy and said,'My, but you're in such deep thought staring in that window!'
'I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes,'was the boy's reply.
The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.
She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.
By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks.. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes..
She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.. She patted him on the head and said,'No doubt, you will be more comfortable now.'
As she turned to go, the astonished kid caught her by the hand, and looking up into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her.
'Are you God's wife?'

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69853 Aug 14, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning Ladies.
Jordan I'm praying your BF gets the job. Like Yoohoo said the mining classes will be a big plus.
Murph is it Pam you're going to visit your Aunt with? I hope you have a wonderful trip?
Yoohoo I saw your post on the one thread needing props for someone. I think I only have 3 props a day to give out but if you need props PM me and I can ask my friend Missy to give her's out.
Thanks for the prop and the offer LizW. I got my props for the day----whew!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69854 Aug 14, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day.

Jordan, I am praying that your bf will get that job.
The high school diploma or GED should not be as important as the mining certificate.

Liz> Yes, it is Pam I am planning to go with to see our aunt. We are both So eager to see her. We have to be very careful to not wear her out.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69857 Aug 14, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good I'm happy for you Murph and hope you have a wonderful visit.
Sounds like Pam is feeling better.
Did I tell you that I bought some mini rose bushes for the patio about 2 weeks ago. They must be hard to kill , cause they're still alive. LOL<quoted text>
You are lucky! I used to go to a wonderful nursery about an hour from here. They had beautiful miniature roses, for inside or outside. I bought 6 of them and had them in my indoor plant box. They were looking sad, so I put them outside. They just wasted away and died.
Right now I have Lavender Phlox, Surprise lilies (Way early) and Blue Hawaii Salvia blooming, and a few Geraniums, plus all the stuff in the flower boxes and the patio plants. Pray that the mowing man doesn't decide to weed whack them.(Duuuuuh. I didn't See them.')

Level 8

Location hidden

#69858 Aug 14, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Color Book Day? In 1457, Johann Fust and Peter Schoeffer printed the Psalter, the second book printed after the Gutenberg Bible. The Psalter was also the first book printed in color, the first book dated and signed, and the first book with a colophon. Read a good book today!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69859 Aug 14, 2013
"Act with integrity. Live up to your idea of who you are."

Frank McKinney

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min The Real Missy 490,119
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 96,607
Review: Global Motorwerks LLC (Aug '13) 3 hr Melanie 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr kal 49,174
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 11 hr Miles 17,702
Scott Mansfield granted new trial (Feb '09) 14 hr Whoah 32
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info