A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Good Morning All

Murph here I am, just 15 hours too late. Story of my life.

Soon after I mailed you the picture of baby Bella my cousin emailed me. Bella's one lung collapsed and the hospital is running more tests. They think she may have a infection. We need to pray hard for Bella. After the email I went on the internet and googled babies born only weighting one pound. For the most part none of my search result had encouraging results.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Good Morning to all you wonderful people who post on this thread. I may not post a lot, but I always read. Im going through a rough time financially in my life but I try to stay positive. I have such a wonderful family and couldnt ask for a more beautiful daughter inside and out and my boyfriend is my best friend in the whole world. He works so hard to try and keep our family afloat and if he could he would work day and night. We are sending out resumes everywhere, so please pray for a good job to come his way. This man is amazing, he works when the work is there and even when its 7 days a week/10 hr days, he still comes come and cooks dinner everyday and he's a clean freak, so even if I did the cleaning, he'd probably do it again,lol.
For the past 10 years he's worked for a tree company that only pays under the table, has no health benefits,vacation time or sick time and most of the winter he only works maybe 3 days. He is almost 37 and we have no savings, so he went and got a mining certificate about a year ago. Right after he did a lot of mines were getting shut down. Im not sure but I did see a lot of signs saying Obama was the cause. Right out of HS he started working and never went to college, so his job pool is limited. He deserves this so much, even when we have nothing, he still thinks of helping others who have less. He is the most amazing man I know and I am grateful he also stepped up as the dad for my child when her father fails to do so. I know I am praying hard for him to catch a break and find a good job. Please pray for our family in our desperate time we are having. Thanks

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

LizW, I will also be praying for baby Bella. It is so hard to watch such an innocent, helpless newborn fight to live. I will also be praying for the babies parents to have the strength to get through this difficult time.

Murph- Mackenzie and her little sister and family are also on my prayer list. As I said to Liz, it is so difficult to see a child experience so much suffering so soon in life.

Zazz- Where ya been? Haven't seen you post in a few days and I noticed you weren't on the leader board today. I hope all is well!

Yoohoo321- Good luck on going for that crown this week! I'm also gonna try, the last few weeks have been hard for me to finish getting all my points. Either I was sick or my wifi was acting crazy,lol. And Im glad to hear your "share" button is working!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Soon after I mailed you the picture of baby Bella my cousin emailed me. Bella's one lung collapsed and the hospital is running more tests. They think she may have a infection. We need to pray hard for Bella. After the email I went on the internet and googled babies born only weighting one pound. For the most part none of my search result had encouraging results.
Bella is definitely in my prayers. That tiny little angel needs to be totally Covered in prayer. I tried to show my helper the picture and I had accidentally deleted it. If you get time, could you send it to me again? I was surprised that the mother was holding her. I think, most of the time I've known of tiny babies (and none were as small as Bella) the parents were only allowed to put their finger through a hole in the incubator and stroke the baby.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

jordan115 wrote:
Good Morning to all you wonderful people who post on this thread. I may not post a lot, but I always read. Im going through a rough time financially in my life but I try to stay positive. I have such a wonderful family and couldnt ask for a more beautiful daughter inside and out and my boyfriend is my best friend in the whole world. He works so hard to try and keep our family afloat and if he could he would work day and night. We are sending out resumes everywhere, so please pray for a good job to come his way. This man is amazing, he works when the work is there and even when its 7 days a week/10 hr days, he still comes come and cooks dinner everyday and he's a clean freak, so even if I did the cleaning, he'd probably do it again,lol.
For the past 10 years he's worked for a tree company that only pays under the table, has no health benefits,vacation time or sick time and most of the winter he only works maybe 3 days. He is almost 37 and we have no savings, so he went and got a mining certificate about a year ago. Right after he did a lot of mines were getting shut down. Im not sure but I did see a lot of signs saying Obama was the cause. Right out of HS he started working and never went to college, so his job pool is limited. He deserves this so much, even when we have nothing, he still thinks of helping others who have less. He is the most amazing man I know and I am grateful he also stepped up as the dad for my child when her father fails to do so. I know I am praying hard for him to catch a break and find a good job. Please pray for our family in our desperate time we are having. Thanks
I am so sorry that you and your lovely family are going through this. You are not alone. This is happening to thousands of families all over the country.
Once he applies, he should never give up. Keep calling the company. Some companies throw away the application after they have hired someone, then when they need someone else, they re-advertise. He should call every place he has applied to make sure they have his application on file.
Your family is in my prayers.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry that you and your lovely family are going through this. You are not alone. This is happening to thousands of families all over the country.
Once he applies, he should never give up. Keep calling the company. Some companies throw away the application after they have hired someone, then when they need someone else, they re-advertise. He should call every place he has applied to make sure they have his application on file.
Your family is in my prayers.
Thanks for the prayers Murph. It just brakes my heart cause he is "one of those big tough guys" and I can see the pain in his eyes when I say things like, I can't wait to have cable again or constantly saying, school's starting,we need to figure things out. And I know there's nothing we can do and I know he is trying so hard, and thats what kills me. I do have family that does help, but it gets old asking for $20 bucks here or can you help pay my light bill. My family all but had to drag me on vacation because its embarrassing for me to have my grandmother who's on a limited income pay for my daughter and I to do everything. When he does send in his resumes, they tell him we should be hiring here soon, then he never gets a call. Im not sure if he should just start harassing these companies and calling a few times a week or if that would be to much. And I know so many families are going through this, 5 years ago I had a savings. But as the jobs kept coming in less and less and bills just keep getting higher and higher, and the home we own needs repairs that we are letting go,it just becomes so overwhelming sometimes. I am just gonna keep praying and hope something good comes our way sooner rather than later.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

jordan115 wrote:
I pray a good job comes the way of your boyfriend.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Praying hard for Bella.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day.

Liz, I remember Amazing Grace. What a heart breaker. It sounds like little Bella is in a mighty struggle. She is so tiny to be going through so much. She is in my prayers.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Seven hours I have sat here by my lonesome.

I like it more better when somebody Talks To Me.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Hello There.

What did you do today? Anything exciting?
Did you ever read a book about a set of black twin sisters back in the 70's who were from the Barbados' but living in the UK. They wouldn't speak to anyone but each other and when they became teens they set a series of fires in the UK. A judge sentenced them to a mental hospital until age 30. I saw a TV how about them last night, I bet the book would be interesting.
Their names are June and Jennifer Gibbon's.

We just got home from watching Noah at football camp where they scrimmage a bunch of other teams from the county. Geez, some of those kids make Noah look like a little peanut!
Murph wrote:
Seven hours I have sat here by my lonesome.
I like it more better when somebody Talks To Me.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Oh and my second set of new flowers died so this time I bought Mini rose bushes for the patio. It they die I'm finished this year with flowers.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Murph I was thinking about what you mentioned about it being odd that they were letting Bella's Mom hold her. It sounds like it might have just been the once they let her be held, I'm not sure but you're right they usually don't let anyone hold the preemies until a certain stage in their development.
My niece had a preemie 8 mos ago who weighed 3.8 pounds. For the first week or so they could only touch the baby with a finger. Even after that they couldn't rub the skin, just gently pat her.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

LizW wrote:
Hello There.
What did you do today? Anything exciting?
Did you ever read a book about a set of black twin sisters back in the 70's who were from the Barbados' but living in the UK. They wouldn't speak to anyone but each other and when they became teens they set a series of fires in the UK. A judge sentenced them to a mental hospital until age 30. I saw a TV how about them last night, I bet the book would be interesting.
Their names are June and Jennifer Gibbon's.
We just got home from watching Noah at football camp where they scrimmage a bunch of other teams from the county. Geez, some of those kids make Noah look like a little peanut!<quoted text>
I had an exciting day, sitting at the computer fr 7 hours, hitting the refresh key, waiting patiently for someone to Talk to me.

Well....to tell the truth, I spent most of the day in bed.

My GS and his fiance were here this morning and she was having contractions and feeling miserable. She finally called her doctor's office (in a town about 45 minutes away), and they told her the doctor would call her and would probably send her to the hospital. The doctor called her and told her to go to the hospital here in town. They hooked her up to the monitors and put her on an iv. They kept her most of the day, then let her go home. She said she had gone through with her son, soon to be 4 years old. She says she is going to keep working until the baby comes. Not quite a month to go.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

LizW wrote:
Oh and my second set of new flowers died so this time I bought Mini rose bushes for the patio. It they die I'm finished this year with flowers.
My cousin keeps bringing me Aloe plants and I keep accidentally killing them. The last one she brought, she said, "Don't Kill It." It is looking sort of sick and she is going to be here Thursday. I hope it holds on until after Thursday.

I haven't heard of those twin sisters, but it sounds like an interesting story.

We've had a lot of rain which is great for me because I would not have been able to get out and water.

I am excited about my Ya-yas coming. Can't wait!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Hello everyone, its 3am here and I just cant sleep. This has been a horrible issue of mine for awhile, most likely due to stress. I tried medication and it turned me into a zombie, so thats out of the ?. Also, I have a dentist appt today at 3, I am so anxious when I see the dentist. Even if its just a cleaning, but today I need a cavity filled. I am so not looking forward to this day.

Liz- I am so saddened to hear the baby took a turn for the worse. I am praying for her and sending positive vibes to her family.
Also, just to let you know, my bf never made it past 9th grade. He started working at a very young age due to having a child. That is why he has busted his butt doing labor jobs his whole life. We thought taking the mining class would be perfect, but it seems to have been a wast of money. Im not sure what politics have to do with it but I have heard so many coal miners rallying to open back up the mines. I am praying hard for my family to make it through these desperate times.

Murph- How is your GS's pain from the surgery? I hope he is feeling better.

? Has anyone heard from zazz? Havent seen him around in a few days!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is just what you want it to be.
We have been getting rain every night. There is standing water everywhere--no way the mowing man can get in, and the rain has caused the grass to grow really thick and tall. And shaggy.

Jordan, about 3 1/2 years ago, my grandson went through what your bf is going through now. He had to pay child support even though he had the child more than she did, and just couldn't find a job, even though he had graduated and had several hours of community college.
Every day he would drive to where ever there was any kind of construction going on. He would ask if they needed any help and, if they didn't, he would give the boss a little card he had printed himself. He had worked some as roofer's helper and drywall helper while he was in high school, and also construction clean-up.
He also stopped where he saw a yard needed mowing and offered to mow. He picked up several regular mowing customers and construction bosses who would call him if some of their regular help didn't show up. It was really rough and he barely made enough to pay child support, gas, and insurance. He did that for almost two years before he got a good job with good health benefits for himself and his daughter.
Your bf will find something, but I know it seems like it takes forever. Don't give up hope. Keep encouraging him and praising him for trying.

The economy is worse now than it was then, but there are still jobs out there. There are some employers who don't really care how much education a person has; they want someone who will show up every day and put in a full day's work and be able to pass the pee test. Keep praying.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Grandson is going really well after the surgery. He hates the sling, the box thing that fits under the sling digs into his stomach, and all the various kinds of tape they have used on the bandage cause a rash. --But, his shoulder is looking good and the pain finally went away.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph I'm glad GS is doing better. How's your other GS fiance doing now? Did the contractions stop? The jungle theme nursery sounds adorable.
I'm glad this week is over. My taxi needed a break and so does Noah. This varsity football deal is kicking his butt. When I picked him up last night he looked like he was ready to fall asleep in the car.
Jordan did you check out the your local career builders ( it might be called something else). It might be a good avenue for your BF to pursue. I believe it's mostly just based on what type of work he's done before and what he's interested in doing now.
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.

Liz, my GS saw GS's fiance yesterday afternoon. She was working and told GD that the boss said she couldn't leave because they were short staffed. Her out of town doctor finally returned her call and told her to come there (45 minute drive) to the hospital. GS couldn't get off work, so she drove herself over there.
The last I heard was yesterday evening. Daughter was here and she called GS. By then, he was off work and over there with her. He said she was on an iv and they were giving her some kind of drug to make the contractions stop. He said his impression was that, once the iv was finished, they were going to send her home. Which means tonight, when he gets off work, he will have to drive back over there with someone, and get her car.
I really, really wish she had gotten a doctor here in town. This is too scary, thinking of them racing over there in the middle of the night, if the contractions get bad. 27 days until they are scheduled to do the C-section.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

I'll bet that football practice was really intense. This is second youngest GS's first year of high school football. He has conditioning in the mornings and practice in the afternoons and some evenings.

I cannot believe he will be in high school this year. Of course, youngest GD, who is only 8 days older than him, started high school last year. They went to different grade schools and had almost identical scores on their state tests. One school believed in moving them up a year, one school believed in giving them accelerated classes. I'm glad GS didn't get moved up a year--that would have been a real disadvantage in athletics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,081 - 69,100 of70,221
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,034,391
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min litesong 43,020
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 41 min stick a fork in it then 1,840
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 46 min Spooky Mulder 478,301
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr heres de money 2,633
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr EyeOfTheNewt 95,846
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr Murph 17,340
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••