Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69693 Jul 26, 2013
Jordan is your daughter into Vera Bradley too? It's popular with all the kids here. Hollister, Abercombie , American Eagle and VS are all big here on the high school scene. Seems like every other girl you see walking by is wearing either a pink hoodie or yoga pants..........with UGG's of course!
jordan115 wrote:
Hi everyone, how r u all doing? I have just been out enjoying my summer. It seems like it flew by so fast, all the back to school shopping will be here soon. I dread cloths shopping with my daughter, she is so very picky. And these popular stores like Holister and the brand PINK from Victoria Secrets are so stinkin expensive.
And kids these days, wow, they amaze me with their computer savyness. I have problems even turning on my daughters i phone. And if i have to use it i end up dialing the wrong number cause those touch screens are so weird for me to use,lol.
Murph~ Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your GS. I hope the surgery goes well.
Zazz- Hey, I didnt know you posted on this thread! Nice to see ya here. I always love reading this thread, the posts are so positive and no one bickers. Or posts mean or hurtful things like some we run into.
LizW- How r things going for you? Are you doing anything fun this summer?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69694 Jul 26, 2013
Queen that's sad about your beach. How far away is Lear Gulf shores from you?

We go to the Jersey Shore every summer but will be skipping this summer. To make a long story short, my sister usually watches my Mom for me while I'm gone but my sister has been ill and wouldn't be able to watch Mom. Even if I could work something out I'd just be worried about them entire time I was gone.

So for now I'll just dream I'm on the beach somewhere getting a nice tan.

Are you chicken's laying eggs every day now?
Cajun Queen wrote:
Liz, I didn't want to leave you out, you were talking about going to the Jersey shore, we have holly beach which got wiped out during Katrina and Rita or Galveston, beach full of broken beer bottles and drug paraphernalia. It's like a land dump. I'll take your shore over mine any day, we have to travel to at Lear Gulf Shores for clean beaches.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#69695 Jul 26, 2013
Don't mean to intrude,,just want to say hello to all the ladies on IL...hope you and your families are well.

I've been out of posting on any Topix thread, because of the nastiness that people post, all the fae screen names, give bad jit's when you say hello, but I think about y'all and wonder how everyone is doing?
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69696 Jul 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Queen I'm so glad for benefit for Susie was a success. She and her family are in my prayers.
Yesterday her husband had a complete meltdown. I was there thru the whole thing. His old boss a holding his job for him and I offered to sit with her a few hours a day so he can get out of that house and at least work part time. Y'all please pray that God helps me do a good job, my only concern is she's bigger than me so I have to take a mini class on getting her up and down. That and I seem to take on everyone else's problems, I need emotional strength to help my friends so I've got to be strong. Y'all have a blessed day and may God let Susie have some relief from her pain today.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69697 Jul 26, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Don't mean to intrude,,just want to say hello to all the ladies on IL...hope you and your families are well.
I've been out of posting on any Topix thread, because of the nastiness that people post, all the fae screen names, give bad jit's when you say hello, but I think about y'all and wonder how everyone is doing?
Hi Race, I understand what you mean about the nastiness. This is a very special thread, aptly named, I do believe! I'm glad you're doing we'll.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69698 Jul 26, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day holds some joy for you.

The surgery is over. Turned out to be 2 separate procedures because the labrum had jagged tear in one part and a gap in another part. They fixed those, then reattached the labrum. It all went fine. The poor kid was so nervous, he threw up twice before they got to the hospital and his heart rate was over 100 (way high for an athlete).
Daughter texted a picture to younger daughter showing him attaché to all the wires and tubes, grinning from ear to ear. She said, "He is loving this medicine. He's seeing rainbows and says he wants rainbow sherbet as soon as he gets out."

I thank you for all the prayers and thank God that the surgery went well.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69699 Jul 26, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Hey, Lady! You are Never intruding. We love hearing from you!
I hope things are going well for you.
For some reason, the nastiness never bothers me--I look right over it and say a little prayer for the person who is hurting so badly inside.
Same way with the judgeits--don't even pay any attention to them. Someone is hurting and wants to take it out on other people. Sometimes, I wish I could sit down with the person over a cup of coffee and say, "Tell me what is hurting you so badly."
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69700 Jul 26, 2013
Last night, I hadn't checked my email for about 3 hours. When I did, my cousin, Pam, had written, saying "Ignore the previous email." I checked, and the previous email said her bladder had not released anything all day long and she was in desperate pain and heading for the ER. The other one said they had gone to the ER and there was a 5 hour wait. She said, "Just shoot me!"
I wrote and told her to call 911 and go on the ambulance. Haven't heard from her since. It scares me.

She had gone to her doctor about the fact that she was not urinating even though she was drinking lots of water. The doctor gave her a prescription. When she got it filled, she saw that it was for bladder control!!!
I am praying for her and will worry until I hear from her.
I think that if she called the ambulance and had been admitted, her husband would have called me.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69701 Jul 26, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday her husband had a complete meltdown. I was there thru the whole thing. His old boss a holding his job for him and I offered to sit with her a few hours a day so he can get out of that house and at least work part time. Y'all please pray that God helps me do a good job, my only concern is she's bigger than me so I have to take a mini class on getting her up and down. That and I seem to take on everyone else's problems, I need emotional strength to help my friends so I've got to be strong. Y'all have a blessed day and may God let Susie have some relief from her pain today.
Use positioning and leverage, it will let you move someone twice your size. I had to take a class on that when my husband had his stroke.
God bless that hurting family. They are definitely in my prayers.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69702 Jul 26, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day holds some joy for you.
The surgery is over. Turned out to be 2 separate procedures because the labrum had jagged tear in one part and a gap in another part. They fixed those, then reattached the labrum. It all went fine. The poor kid was so nervous, he threw up twice before they got to the hospital and his heart rate was over 100 (way high for an athlete).
Daughter texted a picture to younger daughter showing him attaché to all the wires and tubes, grinning from ear to ear. She said, "He is loving this medicine. He's seeing rainbows and says he wants rainbow sherbet as soon as he gets out."
I thank you for all the prayers and thank God that the surgery went well.
God bless him and his speedy recovery, with a GM like you, there's no way he cannot recover.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69706 Jul 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Murph did Pam ever have this bladder problem before? I'll pray for her.
Did GS have the same 2 procedures that I told you Jerrod had? Kind of sounds like it.<quoted text>
She had a really bad kidney surgery about 15 years ago and they cracked her ureter during surgery. They didn't know it, because urine was coming from the catheter and they didn't realize that urine was also leaking out of the cracked ureter. She got peritonitis, was taken to a hospital in KC where she spent 3 weeks.

She emailed me just now and said her doctor had prescribed 2 antibiotics for her and that she was in horrible pain. BUT, she never said whether her bladder was emptying. Thank you for the prayers.

I think Jarrod had rotator cuff surgery as well as labrum surgery? GS didn't have the rotator cuff surgery.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69707 Jul 26, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless him and his speedy recovery, with a GM like you, there's no way he cannot recover.
It is nice of you to say that. I would do anything for that boy. All of my other grands as well. I have a card ready for him when he gets home that I think will make him happy.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69708 Jul 26, 2013
GS is on his way home. Daughter said they gave her prescriptions for nausea and pain and told her she could go to Walgreens and get them filled while he was still sleeping. She did.
They gave them this neat gizmo. It looks like an ice chest with ice, and a hose coming out of it, with a shoulder pad attached to the hose. It just plugs in the car, and blows icy air on his shoulder constantly, to prevent swelling. Also loaded them up with barf bags.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69709 Jul 26, 2013
PS Daughter said this was, by far, the best medical facility she had ever been in.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69710 Jul 26, 2013
Poor baby is in a lot of pain and barfs up his pain medicine as soon as he takes it.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69711 Jul 26, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jordan, nice to meet ya, I've kind of been missing in action on this thread. But maybe things are changing. Have a good one.
Hi Cajun Queen, very nice to meet you also. I dont post much here but I love reading this thread, such a nice change from reading all the trash talk about others that is sometimes very rude and hurtful. I am a 32 y/o mother of a 13 y/o daughter. We live near Pittsburgh, PA. I have a bf that Ive been with for 10 years and we have an awesome relationship. We have 3 cats and 1 dog, we are kinda in the category of those crazy dog people who treat their dog like a kid,lol. He is a little wiener dog mixed with beagle, the most adorable little dog ever. I like playing the game on topix in my spare time and have met a few very nice people here that I really enjoy chatting with. I hope you are having a nice week and will chat with you again soon!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69712 Jul 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
Jordan is your daughter into Vera Bradley too? It's popular with all the kids here. Hollister, Abercombie , American Eagle and VS are all big here on the high school scene. Seems like every other girl you see walking by is wearing either a pink hoodie or yoga pants..........with UGG's of course!<quoted text>
Hi Liz, how is your week going? Have any plans to do anything for the weekend? Same thing with the girls here, they love those PINK hoodies and yoga pants, and of course they've gotta wear the Uggs. My daughter has a few pair but I hate buying them cause they are each like $130 a pair. To me thats just insane when you can buy similar looking boots at Old Navy for $30 or even $15 when there on sale. But I havent heard of the Vera Bradley brand, maybe I will when we start school shopping. She just started shopping at these stores last year when she entered middle school. In elementary her favorite store was Justice, we shopped there for almost 5 yrs. She is very picky when it comes to her cloths, sometimes we can go shopping and the kid will like absolutely nothing in the whole mall, then other times she loves everything,lol. So, I can never just pick her up something I think she might like when im out and find a good deal cause I end up always taking it back so I just gave up. But she does take care of her cloths and boots so I dont mind spending a little more on certain things. She still has her first pair of Uggs and they still look new and they still fit. I think her feet are done growing, she is in a size 7 woman's, so its nice we can share all our shoes to.

Level 10

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69713 Jul 26, 2013
Murph wrote:
Poor baby is in a lot of pain and barfs up his pain medicine as soon as he takes it.
Murph, tell your Grandson's Family, to take the nausea medicine 20 minutes before the pain meds, that's what they told My Husband to do.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69715 Jul 26, 2013
Our life is frittered away by detail ... Simplify, Simplify.

Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

If he could only see us now!!!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69716 Jul 26, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Hawaii Sugar Cane Day? The first sugar cane plantation in Hawaii was started up on this day at Koloa, Kauai in 1835. Sugar cane, or Ko in Hawaiian, is a perennial grass that can grow up to 20 feet high. Once harvested the stalks are ground up and the liquid extracted by rollers to obtain juice, which is then slowly boiled down to create raw sugar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,582,682
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 58 min zazz 98,481
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 2 hr Rosco 1,158
News Three houses busted in Merritt Island for growi... (May '08) 16 hr ummm 47
News Orlando cop quits after her arrest -- Political... (May '08) Sun Lily1 41
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sun fortmyersf 513,431
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Agents of Corruption 63,946

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages