Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#69671 Jul 25, 2013
Hello Murphy girl, and a Good morning to all.

I'm with grandson this a.m., and holding good thoughts for your grandson's successful surgery.
Love you.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69672 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
"I think it's an amazing quality to be able to roll with the punches and not be totally ruined as a person because life's been rough for you. That's a really admirable way to go through your life."
Anna Paquin
Murph, this reminds me of you.
Thank you, my friend.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69673 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
Merph, hope you had a good day today. When will your new helper begin?
She started Tuesday morning. I called her on Monday and she asked when my other helper was leaving. I told her that Thursday had been her last day. She said, "Then you need me right now, right? I will be there at 9 tomorrow morning."
She also thought to ask when trash pick-up was. She was out of town when when she returned my call on Monday, but said she could come by when she got home. I was impressed. I told her I don't generate a lot of trash, so if I missed a week or more of getting the dumpster out, it was no big deal.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69674 Jul 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Prayers for your Grandson that he has a speedy recovery. This is the GS that plays football, right? Will he be out for the season?
My sister has a Dyson. It's a wonderful cleaner but so heavy.Her's is about 5 years old. I wonder if the newer ones are lighter.<quoted text>
The new helper is wonderful! I have known her for a long time and we have always exchanged books. She helped my daughter coach a ball team when 14 year GD was little.--I just never dreamed that I would ever have to ask someone to help me. I was always the strong one. That is gone forever now.

I appreciate the prayers for GS. This one is the baseball player. They all played football, basketball, and baseball, but this is the one who is hoping for a baseball scholarship.

I think my Dyson is probably 4 or 5 years old. When my sister bought one and insisted that I get one, I told her it was like pushing a Volkswagon around the house.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69675 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
Merph, hope you had a good day today. When will your new helper begin?
Zazz, you're a sweetie, I live your inspirational quotes, a lot of the times it's something I need to reflect on. Thank you for that!

Good morning ladies, just me and my chickens here. Thank you all so much for the prayers for my friend Susie, she actually sat outside and visited last night. We had some freak storm and the electricity went out and all the neighbors came outside visiting. It was really nice. The benefit was a big success and thank you Murph, you know why. Fresh eggs anyone?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69676 Jul 25, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
Hi everyone, how r u all doing? I have just been out enjoying my summer. It seems like it flew by so fast, all the back to school shopping will be here soon. I dread cloths shopping with my daughter, she is so very picky. And these popular stores like Holister and the brand PINK from Victoria Secrets are so stinkin expensive.
And kids these days, wow, they amaze me with their computer savyness. I have problems even turning on my daughters i phone. And if i have to use it i end up dialing the wrong number cause those touch screens are so weird for me to use,lol.
Murph~ Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your GS. I hope the surgery goes well.
Zazz- Hey, I didnt know you posted on this thread! Nice to see ya here. I always love reading this thread, the posts are so positive and no one bickers. Or posts mean or hurtful things like some we run into.
LizW- How r things going for you? Are you doing anything fun this summer?
I thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts. This is one scared kid right now. His parents are freaking out over it, too.
I think daughter is mainly worried about the surgery itself and SIL is worried that it might hamper is future ball playing. I wish I had chill pills--I would dole them out to all three of them. And then take one myself.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69677 Jul 25, 2013
Marley wrote:
I'm with grandson this a.m., and holding good thoughts for your grandson's successful surgery.
Love you.
Oh, it is so good to see you on here!!!!
Thank you for the prayers. They will leave for Wichita (about 2 hours away) sometime today, so they will be there Early in the morning tomorrow for the surgery. He is supposed to check in at some really Early time, 6 AM or 6:30, not sure which.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69678 Jul 25, 2013
Liz, I didn't want to leave you out, you were talking about going to the Jersey shore, we have holly beach which got wiped out during Katrina and Rita or Galveston, beach full of broken beer bottles and drug paraphernalia. It's like a land dump. I'll take your shore over mine any day, we have to travel to at Lear Gulf Shores for clean beaches.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69679 Jul 25, 2013
I hate auto correct. Lear? Hell!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69680 Jul 25, 2013
Marley wrote:
Love you.
Did you hook back up with an internet service, or are you watching those babies today? Either way, check out your email. I sent a picture last Friday of a deer drinking out of my pond.
I know they come and party on your deck, but usually we only see them along the road (or smack dab in the middle of the road).
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69681 Jul 25, 2013
Marley wrote:
Love you.
Hey baby, I been missing you!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69682 Jul 25, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
Hi everyone, how r u all doing? I have just been out enjoying my summer. It seems like it flew by so fast, all the back to school shopping will be here soon. I dread cloths shopping with my daughter, she is so very picky. And these popular stores like Holister and the brand PINK from Victoria Secrets are so stinkin expensive.
And kids these days, wow, they amaze me with their computer savyness. I have problems even turning on my daughters i phone. And if i have to use it i end up dialing the wrong number cause those touch screens are so weird for me to use,lol.
Murph~ Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your GS. I hope the surgery goes well.
Zazz- Hey, I didnt know you posted on this thread! Nice to see ya here. I always love reading this thread, the posts are so positive and no one bickers. Or posts mean or hurtful things like some we run into.
Hi Jordan, nice to meet ya, I've kind of been missing in action on this thread. But maybe things are changing. Have a good one.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69683 Jul 25, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Zazz, you're a sweetie, I live your inspirational quotes, a lot of the times it's something I need to reflect on. Thank you for that!
Good morning ladies, just me and my chickens here. Thank you all so much for the prayers for my friend Susie, she actually sat outside and visited last night. We had some freak storm and the electricity went out and all the neighbors came outside visiting. It was really nice. The benefit was a big success and thank you Murph, you know why. Fresh eggs anyone?
That is good news that Susie was able to sit outside and visit. I'm sure that did her a world of good.
Send me a couple of eggs, would you?
How is your garden doing?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69684 Jul 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Zazz I like your quotes and bits of info.
Murph I was wondering too how the new helper was working out.
Thanks Liz, how sweet of you to say that.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69685 Jul 25, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
Yes, it is a refreshing change, isn't it?

Level 8

Location hidden

#69686 Jul 25, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is Women Space Walk Day? In 1984, Soviet
cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya became the first woman to walk in space. She was outside the space station for 3 hours 35 minutes. Of the 57 Soviet/Russian spacewalkers through 2010,she is the only female. Savitskaya retired in 1993 from the Russian Air Force with the rank of Major.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69687 Jul 25, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Queen. It's nice to see you again.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69688 Jul 25, 2013
"A rose is not its thorns, a peach is not its fuzz and a human being is not his or her crankiness."

Lisa Kogan

Just remember this if I get cranky. LOL.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69689 Jul 25, 2013
Murph, it's great that you like your new helper. I hope you can get a lot more things done now.

Have you ever had occupational therapy on your hands? They can teach you lots of tricks to make many things easier.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69690 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, it's great that you like your new helper. I hope you can get a lot more things done now.
Have you ever had occupational therapy on your hands? They can teach you lots of tricks to make many things easier.
Yes. I used up all my occupational therapy time. My son got married in April and there was a rehearsal dinner the night before, and a wedding dinner the night of the wedding. I worked really hard in therapy, to be able to use a fork. First I had to roll therapy putty into bite sized pieces, then use a fork to try to get it from the table to near my mouth. It took me three weeks to master it, then I ended up eating Very little both nights, for fear of dropping fork and all.

They did show me some neat things such as pressing toothpaste out with the heels of my hands instead of trying to squeeze it, wringing a dish cloth or wash cloth by draping it over the faucet and twisting it, etc. The hardest part of grooming is doing my toenails and fingernails.

Fabric and paper are both difficult to handle, and my phone with those rounded keys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,172,191
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min SpaceBlues 50,232
One Word (Jul '10) 33 min Lexus1985 1,930
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 37 min Ponderings 96,834
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 40 min Lexus1985 2,626
two words (Jul '10) 50 min Lexus1985 27,023
The alphabet (Jun '06) 57 min Lexus1985 1,178
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Miles 17,821
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Tony 491,194
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]