Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

United States

#69650 Jul 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph, I don't really know what your health issues are but it seems you really need someone to help you.
This is wonderful news and I hope it works out for both of you,
You're such a kind hearted lady I wish the best for you.
Keep us posted.
Thank you. You make me feel good! I have RA and my body rejects all the treatments and all pain meds. The rheumatologist quit and now the nearest one is over an hour and a half away and has a six month waiting list.

It is strange the things I can do and can't do. I can type with the fingernails of my two index fingers, but making a phone call is extremely difficult because the keys are rounded on the top and my fingernails slip off of it. Gotta find a new phone set!
Murph

United States

#69651 Jul 23, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. hope you have a lovely day. We got a little rain Sunday and yesterday. It was desperately needed.

Happy birthday, Nutmeg.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69652 Jul 23, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You make me feel good! I have RA and my body rejects all the treatments and all pain meds. The rheumatologist quit and now the nearest one is over an hour and a half away and has a six month waiting list.
It is strange the things I can do and can't do. I can type with the fingernails of my two index fingers, but making a phone call is extremely difficult because the keys are rounded on the top and my fingernails slip off of it. Gotta find a new phone set!
Oh how painful that must be. You have a strong spirit to be able to cope. How awful not to have a doctor. Can an internist or GP see you and treat you?

I have a friend whose little daughter has RA. They are starting her on a brand new medication. I can find out the name of it if you're interested. I pray that by the time she grows up they will have more knowledge and can stop this painful condition.

You are in my prayers.
Murph

United States

#69653 Jul 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how painful that must be. You have a strong spirit to be able to cope. How awful not to have a doctor. Can an internist or GP see you and treat you?
I have a friend whose little daughter has RA. They are starting her on a brand new medication. I can find out the name of it if you're interested. I pray that by the time she grows up they will have more knowledge and can stop this painful condition.
You are in my prayers.
The most painful part of having this is knowing that teenagers and children get it. I am So lucky that I had a great, full life before it got me.

More research needs to be done in order to help these kids. I think most of the research money is spent on Ortho-Arthritis (or Arthur) because 27 million Americans have Arthur and 1.3 million have RA. I think those numbers are way off because many family doctors just assume Arthur until the hands start deforming, Then they test for RA.

I appreciate the prayers
Murph

United States

#69654 Jul 23, 2013
My 12 year-old GS built himself a computer. Son said it is the fastest computer he ever saw. Then he built one for his other grandparents. Today he offered to build one for me. He was going through my computer and telling me about numbers of bytes. I handed him a note pad and told him that he was talking way over my pay-grade and to write it down. He said, "It's ok. I can remember."
He ordered it all in about 15 minutes, from two different places. About 15 minutes after he left, my credit card company called me for fraud check. That was waaay different spending from my usual purchases of books from Amazon!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69655 Jul 23, 2013
Information is our most precious resource, limited only by the constraints of human intelligence, innovation and imagination. However, like most resources, it is not shared equally. I would like to see full and free
sharing of information and knowledge, across all sectors and borders,guided by the shared values and unversal language of human rights.

*** Mary Robinson President of Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative -(& former president of Ireland)***

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Red Deer, Canada

#69656 Jul 23, 2013
Murph wrote:
My 12 year-old GS built himself a computer. Son said it is the fastest computer he ever saw. Then he built one for his other grandparents. Today he offered to build one for me. He was going through my computer and telling me about numbers of bytes. I handed him a note pad and told him that he was talking way over my pay-grade and to write it down. He said, "It's ok. I can remember."
He ordered it all in about 15 minutes, from two different places. About 15 minutes after he left, my credit card company called me for fraud check. That was waaay different spending from my usual purchases of books from Amazon!
I don't know you but I read here many times. You are a kind soul to all. I wish you the best at all you do. People like you are put on this Earth to love and inform others of how we should all be.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Red Deer, Canada

#69657 Jul 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
Information is our most precious resource, limited only by the constraints of human intelligence, innovation and imagination. However, like most resources, it is not shared equally. I would like to see full and free
sharing of information and knowledge, across all sectors and borders,guided by the shared values and unversal language of human rights.
*** Mary Robinson President of Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative -(& former president of Ireland)***
Howdy Zazz, you are persistent in your beliefs. Stay strong and carry on.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69658 Jul 23, 2013
Murph wrote:
Kids today are very computer savvy. I can't even play the games on the computer that my children play. If I can't do something my 12 year old does it for me. LOL.

It's good that your credit card company notified you. Now you know they are checking if something goes amiss.

When will you have your new puter?

Level 8

Location hidden

#69659 Jul 23, 2013
It was hot, hot, hot and muggy today but it was the first times in a long time we didn't have thunderstorms. I just hate those.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69660 Jul 23, 2013
Rambleroid wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know you but I read here many times. You are a kind soul to all. I wish you the best at all you do. People like you are put on this Earth to love and inform others of how we should all be.
Thank you very much!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69661 Jul 24, 2013
Good Morning All
Murph that's great news about you getting a new helper.
Wow it sounds like your Grandson is already a hi-tech person at such a young age. Maybe a future engineer.
Is the deer still hanging out at your house?
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69662 Jul 24, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies.(Still a few minutes of morning here). I hope everyone is having a really good day.

Liz, I haven't seen the deer since that one time. I hope she comes back.

Marley called yesterday. She said to tell allbodies "Hi." She is fine, just extremely busy.

My 16 year-old GS is having shoulder surgery early Friday morning. They are driving to Wichita tomorrow evening and will spend the night. I would appreciate your prayers on his behalf. He is really wigging out about it right now. I think that is because he watched a shoulder surgery on youtube over and over and his mom said it is a pretty gory video.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69663 Jul 24, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids today are very computer savvy. I can't even play the games on the computer that my children play. If I can't do something my 12 year old does it for me. LOL.
It's good that your credit card company notified you. Now you know they are checking if something goes amiss.
When will you have your new puter?
Zazz, I'm sorry I overlooked this post. I think it will basically be like what I have, only faster.
A year or so ago, the boy was putting on Apps that he thought I would find entertaining. Lord, I thought I would Never get rid of them!

I can't believe how you can get a group of kids together and they are all seemingly ignoring each other and texting. I got on to my grandkids once when they are all texting and asked who they were talking to that they couldn't enjoy each other's company for a couple of hours. They looked up at me, surprised.--They were texting each other!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69664 Jul 24, 2013
Did you know...

... that today is the birthday of Ruth Buzzi (1936); Lynda Carter (1951); Robert Hays (1947); Jennifer Lopez (1970); Anna Paquin (1982); and Chris Sarandon (1942)? Happy birthday to a very talented group of people!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69665 Jul 24, 2013
"I think it's an amazing quality to be able to roll with the punches and not be totally ruined as a person because life's been rough for you. That's a really admirable way to go through your life."

Anna Paquin

Murph, this reminds me of you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69666 Jul 24, 2013
Merph, hope you had a good day today. When will your new helper begin?

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69670 Jul 25, 2013
Hi everyone, how r u all doing? I have just been out enjoying my summer. It seems like it flew by so fast, all the back to school shopping will be here soon. I dread cloths shopping with my daughter, she is so very picky. And these popular stores like Holister and the brand PINK from Victoria Secrets are so stinkin expensive.

And kids these days, wow, they amaze me with their computer savyness. I have problems even turning on my daughters i phone. And if i have to use it i end up dialing the wrong number cause those touch screens are so weird for me to use,lol.

Murph~ Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your GS. I hope the surgery goes well.

Zazz- Hey, I didnt know you posted on this thread! Nice to see ya here. I always love reading this thread, the posts are so positive and no one bickers. Or posts mean or hurtful things like some we run into.

LizW- How r things going for you? Are you doing anything fun this summer?
Marley

Mckeesport, PA

#69671 Jul 25, 2013
Hello Murphy girl, and a Good morning to all.

I'm with grandson this a.m., and holding good thoughts for your grandson's successful surgery.
Love you.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69672 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
"I think it's an amazing quality to be able to roll with the punches and not be totally ruined as a person because life's been rough for you. That's a really admirable way to go through your life."
Anna Paquin
Murph, this reminds me of you.
Thank you, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,460,073
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 53 min ChromiuMan 7,948
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 62,352
News Desperate debtors are ripe targets (Aug '08) 15 hr I Am The Problem 130
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 18 hr zazz 98,275
The alphabet (Jun '06) 18 hr Princess Hey 1,692
News Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) Thu IrulanCorrino99 11

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages