Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Good morning, Liz ad Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Saturday.
If I can get my feet to move so I'm not lurching like a drunk, I will go to the Farmer's Market.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Murph, I love going to the Farmers Market.. I planted a huge garden this year so I won't be going as much.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

The Real Missy wrote:
Murph, I love going to the Farmers Market.. I planted a huge garden this year so I won't be going as much.
Farmers' Market wasn't much this morning. I got a cucumber, a zucchini, and a cantaloupe.
Gosh, I remember when I used to have a huge garden every year and I would go around the neighborhood giving this stuff away. My husband always teased that he'd bet the neighbors locked their doors and pulled their shades when they saw me coming with an armload of zucchini.

My 'garden' this year is 4 tomato plants and one green pepper plant.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

My dear friends, I am in desperate need of prayers for my neighbor, she found out a few weeks ago she has stage 4 lung and liver cancer, yesterday they told her she might live 2 more months, our town is holding a benefit for her today, BBQ dinner, silent auction and other activities. She retired fro the VA as an RN, her husband retired from the Air Force and their 28 year old daughter served three tours in Afghanistan and is in a wheelchair from an IED exploding. They need our prayers so much, they are some of the most, loving, giving, USA loving people I've had the pleasure to know. The husband had to quit his job and is struggling very hard just to feed his family. If you would like to help them, please contact me and I will give you their contact info so they will be sure to receive it. Love y'all!!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

I forgot to say he quit his job to take care of Susie.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Cajun Queen wrote:
My dear friends, I am in desperate need of prayers for my neighbor, she found out a few weeks ago she has stage 4 lung and liver cancer, yesterday they told her she might live 2 more months, our town is holding a benefit for her today, BBQ dinner, silent auction and other activities. She retired fro the VA as an RN, her husband retired from the Air Force and their 28 year old daughter served three tours in Afghanistan and is in a wheelchair from an IED exploding. They need our prayers so much, they are some of the most, loving, giving, USA loving people I've had the pleasure to know. The husband had to quit his job and is struggling very hard just to feed his family. If you would like to help them, please contact me and I will give you their contact info so they will be sure to receive it. Love y'all!!
This family certainly has my prayers. I will ask my family and friends to pray,also.
Please send me their contact info.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
We are Finally getting some rain. It is just a sprinkle, but I think it has been sprinkling since about 2 AM.
Liz, I have never eaten spaghetti squash, but I know a lot of people who like it.
A woman at the Farmers' Market said she used yellow squash to make bread, just like zucchini bread. I was telling her about my cousin's pork n bean bread.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Farmers' Market wasn't much this morning. I got a cucumber, a zucchini, and a cantaloupe.
Gosh, I remember when I used to have a huge garden every year and I would go around the neighborhood giving this stuff away. My husband always teased that he'd bet the neighbors locked their doors and pulled their shades when they saw me coming with an armload of zucchini.
My 'garden' this year is 4 tomato plants and one green pepper plant.
Well my garden produces more then we could possibly eat, so I end up giving a lot away. I know a couple family's that really appreciate getting my fresh veggies give to them..
Have you ever had cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream? It's really good.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my garden produces more then we could possibly eat, so I end up giving a lot away. I know a couple family's that really appreciate getting my fresh veggies give to them..
I have never eaten that, Missy. Sounds good.
With cantaloupe, I have always had a huge bumber crop or not a single one. Planted them all the same, treated them the same, and usually the weather didn't vary all that much from summer to summer,but it has always been boom or bust.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Good Morning All

My house is going to seem so quiet this week. Noah went camping with his Aunt and cousins.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

I love cantaloupe and all kinds of melons but never tried it with ice cream before.

Do you grow watermelons?
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

This is a Very nice thread.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
My house is going to seem so quiet this week. Noah went camping with his Aunt and cousins.
Take advantage of it. Put your feet up and have a nice glass of wine and a good book. I'd start a little later than 8 in the morning though.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

+Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We got a little more greatly appreciated rain last nigh and this morning.

Liz, I agree. Get a good book and prop your feet up and get a much deserved rest.

I am going to try to get done everything that my friend who helped me got done on Mondays. Lord help, with no feet and no hands, I can see this being an all day/ all night project. Actually, with frequent breaks, I think I can get most of it done. I can't run the heavy Dyson, but I have an Oreck that I may be able to handle.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

God is So Good! Earlier this morning, younger daughter called and asked what I would think of having a friend who used to work with her, help me. I told her I couldn't think of anyone on earth I would rather have. She told me to give her a call.
This is a woman I had asked y'all to pray for a couple of years ago when she had a spot on her lung. The spot turned out to be nothing but, after getting home from the biopsy, she realized that a lung had collapsed and Drove Herself to the hospital. She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most decent people I have ever known.

She took early retirement about a year ago and daughter didn't know if she would be interested but said it would sure be worth looking into.

I called and she said she would be delighted and is going to start tomorrow!!!!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Murph wrote:
God is So Good! Earlier this morning, younger daughter called and asked what I would think of having a friend who used to work with her, help me. I told her I couldn't think of anyone on earth I would rather have. She told me to give her a call.
This is a woman I had asked y'all to pray for a couple of years ago when she had a spot on her lung. The spot turned out to be nothing but, after getting home from the biopsy, she realized that a lung had collapsed and Drove Herself to the hospital. She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most decent people I have ever known.
She took early retirement about a year ago and daughter didn't know if she would be interested but said it would sure be worth looking into.
I called and she said she would be delighted and is going to start tomorrow!!!!
Murph, I don't really know what your health issues are but it seems you really need someone to help you.

This is wonderful news and I hope it works out for both of you,

You're such a kind hearted lady I wish the best for you.

Keep us posted.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Did you know...

... that today is Nutmeg's Birthday? Nutmeg, the fox mascot of Women's World Cup for soccer, made her first official appearance during the U.S. national team's practice in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Happy birthday, Nutmeg!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

"Every human has four endowments - self-awareness, conscience,independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change."

Stephen Covey
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph, I don't really know what your health issues are but it seems you really need someone to help you.
This is wonderful news and I hope it works out for both of you,
You're such a kind hearted lady I wish the best for you.
Keep us posted.
Thank you. You make me feel good! I have RA and my body rejects all the treatments and all pain meds. The rheumatologist quit and now the nearest one is over an hour and a half away and has a six month waiting list.

It is strange the things I can do and can't do. I can type with the fingernails of my two index fingers, but making a phone call is extremely difficult because the keys are rounded on the top and my fingernails slip off of it. Gotta find a new phone set!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Good morning, Allbodies. hope you have a lovely day. We got a little rain Sunday and yesterday. It was desperately needed.

Happy birthday, Nutmeg.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,941 - 68,960 of70,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 56 min zazz 95,817
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 1 hr he he he 1,830
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hal 11,845
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,034,084
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr T-REX 478,257
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr litesong 42,984
Review: Apple Academy (Jul '09) 6 hr anonymous 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••