Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I loved Cindy so much, she was so upbeat and full of life. I love her and I know her family and friends are still suffering from her loss. God bless them all. And Cindy, I know you're in heaven influencing all of us. Thank you for the joy that you brought to us, i will. be forever grateful for your inspiration. God bless. And as a special favor, thank God for his love and protection.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
Good morning to all the girls here on IS~~
I find it so sad that someone would post a funny
on Murph's tribute to Cindy.
Would you be so kind as to post Cindy's recipe
for her Pig Pickin Cake?
~thanks~
RIP Cindy
Here ya go,my friend:

Yellow cake mix 11 ounce mandarin oranges
4 eggs
1/4 c veg oil
1 16 oz whipped topping
1 15oz can crushed pineapple, drained (save)
1 3.5 oz box instant vanilla pudding
Mix cake mix, eggs, oil pour into3 greased, floured pans
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes

Mix whipped topping, drained pineapple and instant pudding mix.

Here's where I differ from the recipe--I use the pineapple juice and pudding mix to make pudding, then blend it into thewhipped topping. Keep refrigerated
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Cajun Queen wrote:
I loved Cindy so much, she was so upbeat and full of life. I love her and I know her family and friends are still suffering from her loss. God bless them all. And Cindy, I know you're in heaven influencing all of us. Thank you for the joy that you brought to us, i will. be forever grateful for your inspiration. God bless. And as a special favor, thank God for his love and protection.
You know what, Sweetie? I miss All of you. I miss US, the way we used to be. Riding out on ol' Clyde to search for his dream girl, Prudence. Taking those wild bus trips.--I never did find my teef and think you still have them.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I am gonna sit right here and bawl like a baby. My friend who helps me has been working a at a plant half time. They have really been pressuring her to go full time.
This is her last day with me and I am going to be So Lost without her. This has only happened a couple of times, but I needed her to move the sheet off my feet, then move my right foot so I could get out of bed! I would not have been able to get out of bed without her and I Really needed to go to the bathroom. I don't know what to do when the next flare hits.

BUT--I was in a flare, I desperately needed a helper and God sent her to me. She is an angel and
I am very grateful to have had her for the time she was with me.
I feel like a lost puppy right now.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Well, I have sat here for eleven hours, waiting for someone to talk to me. Do you see how totally dedicated I am??????

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
Well, I have sat here for eleven hours, waiting for someone to talk to me. Do you see how totally dedicated I am??????
Good morning, Murph! Hope you have a nice sunny day. I have been staying so busy, went on a trip up in Michigan and Ohio. That wore me out and have been watching the new Grandbaby just about everyday while his mom and dad are working. I had forgot how much work the little ones are. He is a good baby, but requires constant attention. I get nothing done!

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Helpful hint.
My husband has a hectic work schedule which makes planning meals a nightmare. I had to come up with meals that didn't have a lot of prep time. One of the things I do is buy large packages of chicken breast and baked them. I cut them into cubes and put two breasts in a food saver bag and freeze them. It cuts down on prep time tremendously plus boneless skinless chicken is cheaper that way.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

LizW wrote:
LOL..........Murph it seems like every time I turn around at a store I see those rolled up hoses things like you got for Mother's Day. Makes me think of you. Are you still using them?
Yes, they are so much easier on my hands and wrists. One major flaw is that you can't just put it down and leave it there to soak something while you do something close by. The head swings back and forth like a snake and sprays water all over.
Yesterday, my friend who helped me and I were on opposite sides of the little pond. I was trying to pull Lily pads while she was adding water to the pond. She started to put the hose in the pond while she came to help me. It sprayed me good. She was yelling,"OMG! I'm sorry!" and I was yelling,"You're Fired!" (This, after I already knew she was leaving).
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Thank you wonderful people for posting!
Company just came.

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
I was up at 2 am just looking for someone to talk to!
Dang it, I should have checked here.

Looks like this is where the party is at.
BTW, does this lamp shade make my butt look fat??

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

I got this from another thread and thought you all would enjoy it. Hang in there it's a long one but worth it...

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.
The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."
The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."
She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were truly recycled. But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property,(the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribbling's. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.
We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.
Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.
We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the green thing back then.
Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?..

Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Murph! Hope you have a nice sunny day. I have been staying so busy, went on a trip up in Michigan and Ohio. That wore me out and have been watching the new Grandbaby just about everyday while his mom and dad are working. I had forgot how much work the little ones are. He is a good baby, but requires constant attention. I get nothing done!
Aren't they the most precious things on earth???
My Great grandson was here for a while yesterday morning and it was so wonderful to hold him. I love that very serious look they get when they are cooing at you, obviously telling you something.
Landyn will coo and make noises, being very serious, then he is obviously telling me something funny, because he will break into this big smile and try to laugh.
He and my son are so tight I call them the Mutual Admiration Society.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I was up at 2 am just looking for someone to talk to!
Dang it, I should have checked here.
Looks like this is where the party is at.
BTW, does this lamp shade make my butt look fat??
You look absolutely fantastic in that lampshade!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.
The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."
The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."
She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were truly recycled. But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property,(the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribbling's. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.
We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.
Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on .
Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?..
I love this. There is another good one about how people my age were expected to be doing chores or homework Or be out of the house until dusk. We drank water out of rubber hoses and it never even occurred to us to ask an adult to drive us some place. It was all true.
Also--if we got in a really bad bike wreck, we could knock on any door and get permission to use their hose to wash the blood off. If we were really bleeding badly (a 6 suture cut, now) they might give us a bandaid.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

My best friend just left. She is off this summer and having a blast. She biked across Kansas a couple of weeks ago. She is leaving this evening for KC to meet several friends from high school, and spend a few days just hanging out.
Then she is going to Albuquerque to see her daughter.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

OMG! This beautiful Doe came up and was drinking out of my pond! The dogs were throwing fit but she just looked up, then went on drinking. She stayed until the mowing man scared her.

I'm sending you pics.

“Yes I did get a makeover...”

Since: Jan 12

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Murph~~
I didn't mean to be rude and not thank you for Cindy's cake recipe.
I thought I had, but see I haven't. Thank you!

I'm going to bake one when we go to the mountains
next month, meeting up with close friends and family.
It will also include three big dogs~~
Let the fun begin as they all vie for pecking order.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
Murph~~
I didn't mean to be rude and not thank you for Cindy's cake recipe.
I thought I had, but see I haven't. Thank you!
I'm going to bake one when we go to the mountains
next month, meeting up with close friends and family.
It will also include three big dogs~~
Let the fun begin as they all vie for pecking order.
Oh, that sounds like such a fun trip!
I have made the cake just in a rectangular pan and spread the frosting on top, rather than messing with 3 layers, and I think it tastes just as good.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

My son just took me out to look at some land he is interested in and there was a big car/pickup wreck just 7 blocks from me. They were loading people in ambulances. Looked like the picup nailed the little white car in the right rear and pretty much turned it into a tin can. Seen locks from me is the intersection of the highway amd Main Stret.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,921 - 68,940 of70,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min Tinka 1,033,011
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 46 min zazz 95,780
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Brian_G 42,914
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Seriously Hey 478,173
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 4 hr RaceCityUsa 11,782
two words (Jul '10) 4 hr RaceCityUsa 26,722
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr RaceCityUsa 8,921
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr Spooky Mulder 17,320
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs