Murph

Wichita, KS

#69568 Jul 5, 2013
PS--Liz, I didn't go to either cookout. Too many people at oldest son's and younger son called his off because 13 year-old GS was still running 103.2 fever yesterday morning.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69569 Jul 6, 2013
LOL
Murph wrote:
Hey Allbodies. I hope you had a wonderful holiday yesterday and a lovely day today.
I have to tell you a trick I played on my oldest son. He and my new DIL bought a camper a week or so ago. They and my younger daughter and her fiance and 23 other couples are caravanning to Noel,MO to go canoeing.
When he first told me about it,a few days ago, I said, "Ain't nobody invited me to go to Noel." He hurriedly assured me that I was invited.
Today he called to tell me that they would be stopping by with a plate of food on their way to Noel. I asked if he had my bed ready. He said he did. I asked if he had my heating pad plugged in. He said, "No heating pad." I told him to stop at Wally and get one.
I stuffed some towels in a canvas bag and had my swimsuit hanging out the side. When they pulled into the driveway, I hobbled out with my bag and carrying my Pall Malls, lighter, and sun glasses.
New DIL said, "Were are you going?" I said, "To Noel, canoeing with y'all."
They both got a big kick out of that.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69570 Jul 6, 2013
Good Morning.

Murph is GS feeling better yet? Is the temp down?

Oh boy Noah is getting closser to getting a license. He's taking the req. 5 hour course today.
Murph wrote:
PS--Liz, I didn't go to either cookout. Too many people at oldest son's and younger son called his off because 13 year-old GS was still running 103.2 fever yesterday morning.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69571 Jul 6, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning.
Murph is GS feeling better yet? Is the temp down?
Oh boy Noah is getting closser to getting a license. He's taking the req. 5 hour course today. <quoted text>
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a terrific day. It is lovely here right now. The birds are singing and playing in the little waterfall and the squirrels are out in force.

Liz--I haven't talked to the kids yet today, but yesterday GS was still pretty miserable. When they are too sick to play x-box (or whatever the newest thing is) they are Sick.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69572 Jul 6, 2013
Liz, how did Noah do with his 5 hour course?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69574 Jul 7, 2013
Good Morning Murph and All

Murph I hope GS's are feeling better. Here we go again ( LOL) but these GS's are NOT the ones who play football and baseball. These are DIL's kids and the other ones are Daughter's kids, right ( wrong, lol)

The 5hr went well. It's just sitting in a classroom. Did I tell you his Dad let him take delivery on the truck a couple weeks ago? It's sitting in the driveway and Zach has really been enjoying it. Noah wants to take the road test but unless the instructor is blind and half asleep there's no way he'll pass. He's very iffy on his turns. I never know which lane we'll end up in ( I don't think he does either)

What are your plans today?

Oh and I also forgot to tell you that the flowers I bought this year are pretty much dead already but I was at the cemetery the other day to bring a new plant to my Dad. This mini rose bush I bought him from last year is still looking good.
Murph wrote:
Liz, how did Noah do with his 5 hour course?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69575 Jul 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning Murph and All
Murph I hope GS's are feeling better. Here we go again ( LOL) but these GS's are NOT the ones who play football and baseball. These are DIL's kids and the other ones are Daughter's kids, right ( wrong, lol)
The 5hr went well. It's just sitting in a classroom. Did I tell you his Dad let him take delivery on the truck a couple weeks ago? It's sitting in the driveway and Zach has really been enjoying it. Noah wants to take the road test but unless the instructor is blind and half asleep there's no way he'll pass. He's very iffy on his turns. I never know which lane we'll end up in ( I don't think he does either)
What are your plans today?
Oh and I also forgot to tell you that the flowers I bought this year are pretty much dead already but I was at the cemetery the other day to bring a new plant to my Dad. This mini rose bush I bought him from last year is still looking good. <quoted text>
These are DIL's kids. Both play football, both usually play baseball. The 13 year-old didn't play baseball this summer because, when the season first started, he was having some issues with asthma.

Here's the breakdown:

Oldest daughter's son, referred to as my 16 year old GS, plays baseball.(also played football until last season when he decided to play fall baseball).

Younger daughter's daughter, referred to as younger GD, plays softball (They were at state last week).

Youngest son's and DIL's kids, referred to as youngest GSs, play both football and baseball (only the youngest had to sit out this season because of asthma issues).

All my grands are very athletic with the exception of oldest GD, Landyn's mom. She played t-ball and coach pitch when she was little. It was hilarious. She would watch the ball cross home plate, then, and only then, she would very slowly, very gracefully swing the bat.(Then run like hell for second base)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69576 Jul 8, 2013
I think I have it now. Oldest daughter's son is the one in college too, right?

Any plans for today?

Yesterday I cleaned out the garage. The trash man is going to freak out once he sees all the crap I have for him at the curb.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
These are DIL's kids. Both play football, both usually play baseball. The 13 year-old didn't play baseball this summer because, when the season first started, he was having some issues with asthma.
Here's the breakdown:
Oldest daughter's son, referred to as my 16 year old GS, plays baseball.(also played football until last season when he decided to play fall baseball).
Younger daughter's daughter, referred to as younger GD, plays softball (They were at state last week).
Youngest son's and DIL's kids, referred to as youngest GSs, play both football and baseball (only the youngest had to sit out this season because of asthma issues).
All my grands are very athletic with the exception of oldest GD, Landyn's mom. She played t-ball and coach pitch when she was little. It was hilarious. She would watch the ball cross home plate, then, and only then, she would very slowly, very gracefully swing the bat.(Then run like hell for second base)
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69578 Jul 8, 2013
LizW wrote:
I think I have it now. Oldest daughter's son is the one in college too, right?
Any plans for today?
Yesterday I cleaned out the garage. The trash man is going to freak out once he sees all the crap I have for him at the curb. <quoted text>
No. Oldest daughter's oldest son is Nevaeh's daddy. There is a 12 year difference in his and his younger brother's ages.

Younger daughter has son in KU (her younger son) and her oldest son is in community college.

What a day I have had!! I went out and worked on the east fence, where the neighbor's Honeysuckle is trying to take over my flower bed and many little scrubb trees are growing from her yard to my yard. I worked until my hands wouldn't hold on to the loppers any more, got it all hauled to the road for bulk pickup, came in and took a bath and scrubbed for Poison Ivy. Then I was ready to go back to bed!
I went out to feed the fish and the dogs got out. I drove all over the extended neighborhood and couldn't find them. I had asked everyone who was out walking, watering their lawns, etc., and no one had seen them.
When I went past the high school, there were two police cars parked together. I stopped to tell the policemen that, if someone called in two loose dogs, they were mine. One of the officers said, "I just heard it on the radio--animal control is picking up two dogs right now." He took my name, address and phone number and said they would call me.
I got home and the little chits were standing by the patio door. Marley had obviously gone for a swim in the pond because she was soaked and there was a wet line from my pond to the patio door.
I washed her with the hose and put them both in their pen.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69580 Jul 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning.
Murph that's good news you found the dogs ( or rather they found you). Did they ever go swimming in the pond before?
Have you been getting any thunderstorms there? Seems lately every day here we've been getting a quick storm.<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.

Liz, the dogs have never gone for a swim in my little pond before but every time they get loose, Little Marley manages to find a water puddle somewhere and get in it. Then, when I bathe her, she shivers and whimpers and acts like she's scared to death of water. Murphy, even though she looks like there is a lot of Black Lab in her, is afraid of water.

We haven't had any rain here until a few sprinkles last night.

Marley is getting rain Every night. She is doing fine and is getting her mom's house ready to go on the market.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69581 Jul 11, 2013
Good. I'm glad Marley is doing well. Going thru a house and getting it ready to sell can be a daunting task. I think I told you when my sister and I were making all the trips to PA to get her Mother-in-law's house ready to sell. That woman saved everything under the sun. She would buy new furniture and instead of getting rid of the old stiff she's just add more to the room. I swear there were 10 chairs in her living room.
She was in her 90's and still had her report cards from grammar school. One of our best finds were old pieces of soap from hotels that she would put back in the wrappers. Who the heck takes home old soap?
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
Liz, the dogs have never gone for a swim in my little pond before but every time they get loose, Little Marley manages to find a water puddle somewhere and get in it. Then, when I bathe her, she shivers and whimpers and acts like she's scared to death of water. Murphy, even though she looks like there is a lot of Black Lab in her, is afraid of water.
We haven't had any rain here until a few sprinkles last night.
Marley is getting rain Every night. She is doing fine and is getting her mom's house ready to go on the market.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69582 Jul 11, 2013
I'm sooooo effing excited , I gathered five eggs I knew something was going on like labor with no drugs at all, I hope they get used to this laying eggs thing because I just want to give the poor thing an epidural, even though they weren't invented when I had my kids. I am now the proud owner of my little soulmate Sam, seven chickens, three rabbits and two bearded dragons. Thit I forgot abt the TtHREE aquariums. I think iI would be perfectly described as a pushover, animal lover and when Sam stares at me he reads my soul, lol . Which ain't a bad thing, he knows when I need some special loving. God knew EXACTLY what he was doing! God bless you , whatever his name is to you, may all his/her (you liked that, huh?) whatever makes you who you are. You're all awesome to me, when I lost everything, y'all were there and I will forever be grateful. Love and best wishes!!!!!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69583 Jul 12, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
I'm sooooo effing excited , I gathered five eggs I knew something was going on like labor with no drugs at all, I hope they get used to this laying eggs thing because I just want to give the poor thing an epidural, even though they weren't invented when I had my kids. I am now the proud owner of my little soulmate Sam, seven chickens, three rabbits and two bearded dragons. Thit I forgot abt the TtHREE aquariums. I think iI would be perfectly described as a pushover, animal lover and when Sam stares at me he reads my soul, lol . Which ain't a bad thing, he knows when I need some special loving. God knew EXACTLY what he was doing! God bless you , whatever his name is to you, may all his/her (you liked that, huh?) whatever makes you who you are. You're all awesome to me, when I lost everything, y'all were there and I will forever be grateful. Love and best wishes!!!!!
Hey! I am happy that you are getting eggs now. That is great.
How is your garden doing?
I know what you mean about Sam. My Murphy knows when I need special loving, too. She is my angel and I thank God for her every day.

The RA is giving me a real fight. I used to do all kinds of indoor and outdoor stuff--putting down trees, digging flower beds, on and on and on. I thought I was tough. I didn't know one thing about tough. Now, I know. I get out of bed every morning and That is tough.
Love to you, my friend.

PS I wonder if Liz's grandchickens will start laying eggs.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69586 Jul 13, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a happy Saturday.

Liz--Landyn wasn't with us. I was with the friend who helps me. She was pressuring me to put the photo on Facebook. Older daughter said, "Think of all the flak the poor guy would take at work, for having an old lady riding with him."
I told her, "Naw. They would all be telling him, "It's about time you traded up!"
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69587 Jul 13, 2013
Sorry I've been missing in action, the hens lay abt every 24-30 hours. They seem to lay around mid morning. My granddaughter names each egg and I asked her how she could identify them after she cracks them in the skillet, she said it really doesn't matter after that. She went with her dad to the zoo this morning and called me and begged me not to check the hen house. She got home, found two, was jumping on the trampoline and heard one of the chickens raising holy hell. She yelled out, I know what that means, she leaped about ten feet and actually pulled an egg that was halfway laid right out of that chickens butt! I thought I would die laughing, she named him Homer???? I think my GD should be a vet or maybe an obstetrician. I know one thing, nothing grosses her out!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69588 Jul 13, 2013
Btw, I got into a huge argument with my dumbass neighbor that I would never see an egg without a rooster, I tried to play biology teacher but it went right over his head. I brought him six eggs yesterday!!! The look on his face was priceless!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69589 Jul 13, 2013
Hi everyone, how r u all doing? I got home from the beach 2 days ago. We had so much fun but the weather could of been a little better. Avg temp was 85 and it was a lil windy on the beach and the ocean was so cold. I think from now on we will go back to vacationing at Myrtle Beach even tho the drive sucks. When i walked in the door my dog was so happy he actually was whining and licking my face at the same time,lol. Im happy to be home now and am gonna spend plenty of time with him.

Hope everyones having a good weekend!

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69590 Jul 13, 2013
I'm glad you had a great vacation!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69591 Jul 13, 2013
yoohoo321 wrote:
I'm glad you had a great vacation
Thanks yoohoo...it was so great to spend some time with my teenage daughter. Its not to often these days that she likes to spend 7 days straight with mommy anymore.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69592 Jul 14, 2013
Good Morning All

Hell no Murph..........All the guy's at work will be asking him who that hot babe on the back of the bike is.

PS......My flowers are still alive and it's been almost a week now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 15 min WAS sanka 490,224
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,194
Online Roleplay 1 hr Kaitlyn 3
Internet, zoning make adult bookstores endanger... 1 hr taroB 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,228
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 1 hr AN is me 26,192
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr The Real Missy 17,707
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:07 pm PST