Murph

Wichita, KS

#69533 Jun 27, 2013
Good morning, Marley and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.

Marley, sounds like you are getting to play with the little ones today, so I know your day will be great.
bravobravo9

Bettendorf, IA

#69535 Jun 28, 2013
Well, hello to all! Just stopped by for the pork and bean bread!!!" I'm wding but still sounds yummy! Think i can get recipe online? Thanks!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69536 Jun 28, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph the bread sounds delicious. Hope you and Pam had a good visit.
I've seen the Sonic commercials before. It seems like they have a bunch of different drinks and ice cream desserts on the menu. The commercials have been playing here for years, yet there's no Sonic's in the area.
Do you have Golden Corral there? I haven't been yet but open just opened up here a couple months ago.
Hi Liz, how r u? Just had to tell u guys of my experience at Golden Corral. We were on a mini vacation at a place called Splash Lagoon in Erie PA. Super fun place for the kids, is an indoor water park. While we were there, we ate at the Golden Corral. All the food taste very good and there was a huge variety of different foods. We all ate pretty much the same things, but i made myself a taco salad in a shell bowl. That is the only thing I ate that no one else did. After we got home that night, i was deathly ill. I never was so sick in my life. Had to go to the emergency room and they said i had food poisoning. After i was better, i did a lil investigating on this restaurant and found out a lot of gross stuff. I will not say just in case some of u already ate there or still want to try it cause it would just turn ur stomach. Almost makes me barf just thinkin about it.

Hope u all r having a nice week...it is storming here in PA right now.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69537 Jun 28, 2013
bravobravo9 wrote:
Well, hello to all! Just stopped by for the pork and bean bread!!!" I'm wding but still sounds yummy! Think i can get recipe online? Thanks!
I think my cousin got the recipe online. I don't know whether the recipe calls for raisons and black walnuts, but she adds them and it is awesome.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69538 Jun 28, 2013
I swore I would never go to another estate sale, but I did. I got a 20th Anniversary copy of Rolling Stone for quarter!!!!

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69539 Jun 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
I am excited. My cousin is coming to visit tomorrow. I haven't seen her since Memorial Day weekend. Plus--she's bringing pork n bean bread. I Love that stuff.
Murph...I hope u have a great visit with your cousin and that bread sounds really good. I love zucchini bread and pumpkin bread...like Bravo said, if u can, let us in on the recipe!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69540 Jun 28, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Liz, how r u? Just had to tell u guys of my experience at Golden Corral. We were on a mini vacation at a place called Splash Lagoon in Erie PA. Super fun place for the kids, is an indoor water park. While we were there, we ate at the Golden Corral. All the food taste very good and there was a huge variety of different foods. We all ate pretty much the same things, but i made myself a taco salad in a shell bowl. That is the only thing I ate that no one else did. After we got home that night, i was deathly ill. I never was so sick in my life. Had to go to the emergency room and they said i had food poisoning. After i was better, i did a lil investigating on this restaurant and found out a lot of gross stuff. I will not say just in case some of u already ate there or still want to try it cause it would just turn ur stomach. Almost makes me barf just thinkin about it.
That is good information to know. I will probably never again be where there is a Golden Corral, but I will warn others.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69541 Jun 29, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Liz, how r u? Just had to tell u guys of my experience at Golden Corral. We were on a mini vacation at a place called Splash Lagoon in Erie PA. Super fun place for the kids, is an indoor water park. While we were there, we ate at the Golden Corral. All the food taste very good and there was a huge variety of different foods. We all ate pretty much the same things, but i made myself a taco salad in a shell bowl. That is the only thing I ate that no one else did. After we got home that night, i was deathly ill. I never was so sick in my life. Had to go to the emergency room and they said i had food poisoning. After i was better, i did a lil investigating on this restaurant and found out a lot of gross stuff. I will not say just in case some of u already ate there or still want to try it cause it would just turn ur stomach. Almost makes me barf just thinkin about it.
This is sad to hear 'cause the commercials always make the food look so good. There's no Golden Corral in my neighborhood. But I will beware when traveling.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69544 Jun 29, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
It is cool enough right now that I can have my doors open and listen to the birds happy songs. Within the hour, it will be too hot to do that.

Liz, that is a pretty impressive list. Thank you for posting that.

My youngest grandson is thirteen years old today. The party is going to be at his house this evening.
I am excited. I will get to play with my new great grandson. In 67 days, I will have Another new great grandson to play with. Nothing makes the cares of the world go away like holding a baby in ones arms!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69545 Jun 30, 2013
Last night was wonderful. I got to hold my precious little great-grand.(Whenever I could wrest him away from Pa-pa). He is the most contented little guy, and makes this sweet little purring noise when he's having his bottle.

I hope everyone is having a really nice day.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69546 Jun 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
Last night was wonderful. I got to hold my precious little great-grand.(Whenever I could wrest him away from Pa-pa). He is the most contented little guy, and makes this sweet little purring noise when he's having his bottle.
I hope everyone is having a really nice day.
You are so right about how precious little babies are, I haven't held one in sooo long. We just got home from Hot Springs, AR. We had a great time but I'm pooped. My last laser surgery is Tuesday, I'm ready to get it over with. I hope you all had a great weekend.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69547 Jun 30, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right about how precious little babies are, I haven't held one in sooo long. We just got home from Hot Springs, AR. We had a great time but I'm pooped. My last laser surgery is Tuesday, I'm ready to get it over with. I hope you all had a great weekend.
It's good to see you, my friend. I wish you the very best of luck with that surgery on Tuesday. I know you will feel greatly relieved when it is all over.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69549 Jul 1, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Good Luck Queen.
Awwwwww Murph it sounds like you had a nice time at the party. I love when the babies are feeding and they look up all loving and content. How's he sleeping at night?
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a happy day. It is a lovely 66 degrees here!

Liz--He sleeps until 3 AM, has his bottle and change, and goes right back to sleep. He has had his Pa-pa wrapped around his little finger from day one. It is cute to see the way he snuggles up into a little ball on Pa-pa's shoulder and Pa-pa holds him with one hand. There were several days when they couldn't bring him over because the 14 year-old GS was sick and Pa-pa was about to go through Landyn withdrawal.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#69552 Jul 2, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I can see why Papa would go thru baby Landyn withdrawal. He's such a doll. Sounds like a good sleeper too.

I need to email you later. I was thinking of your grand kids before I went to bed last night and got myself all confused ( again).

For some reason I was thinking Kim was Great granddaughter's grandmother. That's not right ( right)?

Did I tell you my cousin Carin moved again. Hopefully this time it's permanent. Her kids have lived in 4 different houses over the past 2 years. Remember I showed you pictures of the nice yellow house they were renting with the option to own? The owners decided at the last minute not to sell so they had to go house hunting again at the last minute. They just closed on a house yesterday. It's a older home but looks beautiful. I'll send you pic's when she posts some more.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a happy day. It is a lovely 66 degrees here!
Liz--He sleeps until 3 AM, has his bottle and change, and goes right back to sleep. He has had his Pa-pa wrapped around his little finger from day one. It is cute to see the way he snuggles up into a little ball on Pa-pa's shoulder and Pa-pa holds him with one hand. There were several days when they couldn't bring him over because the 14 year-old GS was sick and Pa-pa was about to go through Landyn withdrawal.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69553 Jul 2, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.

Liz--right. Oldest daughter is great grand daughter's grandmother.--With another coming in September.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69554 Jul 2, 2013
I learned something today that I want to share:

My 14 year-old GS has been sick for 17 dsys. Headache, sore throat, joint stiffness, and no strength. His mom took his to a doctor the third day. They tested for strep and mono and both tests came out negative. They said he had pus pockets in his tonsils. He was on antibiotics for two weeks.

Now, the 13 year-old has the same symptoms. His mom took him to a different doctor. She said she has seen Many cases of Strep G this summer. She said that usually, when they check for Strep, they are looking for Strep A. She says that it shows up immediately, while it takes Strep G from 48 to 52 hours to show up on the tests. She thinks this is what GS has (and what his brother has) and put him on antibiotics.
She told him to gargle COCA-COLA or LEMONAID several times a day and either one would take care of the pus pockets.
I have Never heard of this.

Now, the 13 year0old

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69555 Jul 3, 2013
Good Morning All
Murph thanks for sharing. I never heard of there being different types of strep.

Hope the boy's are feeling better soon.

Football officially started yesterday. Noah hasn't been running at all during the off season and obviously neither have a few of the other kids. A few of the kids ended up vomiting. Noah didn't but felt like he was going to plus it was about 80 degrees and muggy. Makes me wonder how the kids down south can stand the practices. I wonder if they mainly practice on indoor turf fields.
Murph wrote:
I learned something today that I want to share:
My 14 year-old GS has been sick for 17 dsys. Headache, sore throat, joint stiffness, and no strength. His mom took his to a doctor the third day. They tested for strep and mono and both tests came out negative. They said he had pus pockets in his tonsils. He was on antibiotics for two weeks.
Now, the 13 year-old has the same symptoms. His mom took him to a different doctor. She said she has seen Many cases of Strep G this summer. She said that usually, when they check for Strep, they are looking for Strep A. She says that it shows up immediately, while it takes Strep G from 48 to 52 hours to show up on the tests. She thinks this is what GS has (and what his brother has) and put him on antibiotics.
She told him to gargle COCA-COLA or LEMONAID several times a day and either one would take care of the pus pockets.
I have Never heard of this.
Now, the 13 year0old

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69556 Jul 3, 2013
LOL.......Kim is the problem. For some reason I think she's mother and grandmother to all!

Oh I just read somewhere that they expect retailers that have pulled Paula Deens cookware off the shelf to sell it to retailers like Big Lots who will in turn sell it at discounted prices.
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.
Liz--right. Oldest daughter is great grand daughter's grandmother.--With another coming in September.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69557 Jul 3, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a great day.

Liz--heehee, she probably feels that she is, sometimes. And she is won't be 38 until later this month.
ohhhhhh-that just reminded me. I have an anniversary, two birthdays, and GS's shoulder surgery this month.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69558 Jul 3, 2013
My new great grandson had a doctor visit today.
He weighs 10 pounds, 8 ounces and has grown an inch!!! His head is 15.25cm.--This means that all the darling little caps that came with the cute outfits are Way too small.
This boy is ready for fried chicken and pork chops!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min shinningelectr0n 1,111,073
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,845
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 487,746
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 4 hr HELL ON EARTH 25,874
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 5 hr Lexus1985 2,512
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 5 hr Lexus1985 9,073
two words (Jul '10) 5 hr Lexus1985 26,895
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••