Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69436 May 26, 2013
I'm in New York and it was pouring here for a couple of days too. Now it's sunny but still on the chilly side.
jordan115 wrote:
Hi u all, hope every1 is having a great day!!
Taz, i am so glad u r getting threw this, i pray for u every day.
Its raining so hard in PA...
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69437 May 26, 2013
Hey, Allbodies. It is lovely here today except for the wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be 20-30 MPH winds most of the day.
I hope everybody is doing well and enjoying Memorial Day weekend.
Today was nice for me because my cousin and her husband came and spent the day. Wore me out, but it was wonderful.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69438 May 27, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. Have a safe and lovely Memorial Day.

Thank you, Liz, Beatnick, Cov, and all others who served our country.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69439 May 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. Have a safe and lovely Memorial Day.
Thank you, Liz, Beatnick, Cov, and all others who served our country.
A day to remember those fallen in war.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69440 May 27, 2013
Thank You, to all that have served our country and help to keep all our families safe. You are all in my thoughts on this Memorial Day Weekend and always.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69441 May 27, 2013
Hi Murph, LizW, yoohoo, TAZ, and everyone else...I hope u all had a great Memorial Day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69442 May 28, 2013
Good Morning Ladies and Thanks Murph.

Oh boy today seems like Monday.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69443 May 28, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you day is good
It is cloudy and windy here, but still nice.
Good to see y'all this morning, Yoohoo, Jordan and Liz.

I dug a teensy-teensy bit in a flower bed yesterday and now my body is as jacked up as if I had done something major. Frustrating!!
Cajun Queen

Oklahoma City, OK

#69444 May 28, 2013
I am sitting here alone, in a beautiful oasis in the heart of the big city of Houston!!!! Everyone is asleep upstairs tucked cozily I bed and I am contemplating life, watching and listening to the water and music and I think I'm right where I need to be right now. I'm in a good place in my head, thank you, Lord. I'm forever thankful for your blessings. And may my beloved parents know they live in my heart and are with me always, as it should be. God Bless!!!!!
Cajun Queen

Oklahoma City, OK

#69445 May 28, 2013
In my enlightened state of wonder, I must consider, what time do they lock the doors, do they politely ask you to bring your ass upstairs? Btw, I'm fully aware I sound like an ass and will regret posting after two, yeah that's right two big glasses of wine and I damn we'll deserve it, lol! Life ain't been too easy on me lately. Love y'all, really, you know who you are!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69446 May 29, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We are supposed to get a major storm this evening or tonight, but right now it is lovely out.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69447 May 29, 2013
Oh Geez. Stay safe. Is the storm suppose to hit your area or just around your area?
Murph this may sound odd but do you dogs start acting strange before a storm is about to hit? I heard that somewhere's before.
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We are supposed to get a major storm this evening or tonight, but right now it is lovely out.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69448 May 29, 2013
LizW wrote:
Oh Geez. Stay safe. Is the storm suppose to hit your area or just around your area?
Murph this may sound odd but do you dogs start acting strange before a storm is about to hit? I heard that somewhere's before.<quoted text>
I have had people comment on how calm my dogs stay, and mention that their dogs go nuts, especially during the siren.
It is looking now like we will just get thunder storms. I am counting on that rain--I didn't water the outdoor plants yesterday because I thought it was going to rain last night. If it doesn't rain tonight, I am risking my plants.

I posted,(winter before last I believe it was) about son's dog getting loose and hanging out in front of a restaurant on Main Street. The employees had named him Snow Paws because of his white feet, and were always feeding him. He is up to his old tricks again. They need to get a video of the way he can work that harness up and one leg out, then pull the harness off his head.--Sort of like taking off a tight sweater.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69449 May 29, 2013
LOL@ maybe your son's dog has a GF he's meeting at the restaurant.
Glad it looks like just thunderstorms your way. Last night it poured here most of the night. Tomorrow and the next day the temps are suppose to be around 90.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had people comment on how calm my dogs stay, and mention that their dogs go nuts, especially during the siren.
It is looking now like we will just get thunder storms. I am counting on that rain--I didn't water the outdoor plants yesterday because I thought it was going to rain last night. If it doesn't rain tonight, I am risking my plants.
I posted,(winter before last I believe it was) about son's dog getting loose and hanging out in front of a restaurant on Main Street. The employees had named him Snow Paws because of his white feet, and were always feeding him. He is up to his old tricks again. They need to get a video of the way he can work that harness up and one leg out, then pull the harness off his head.--Sort of like taking off a tight sweater.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69450 May 30, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is excellent!
The storm stayed to the west of us last night. We go a lot of thunder, wind, and rain, but nothing really major. The neighbor had a big tree blow down in his yard. I am glad that it missed his garden. He just got his garden tilled and planted on Memorial day. He always plants his garden two or three weeks after I plant mine, and never waters but, by the time my tomatoes are golf ball size, he will have big, ripe tomatoes!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69451 May 30, 2013
One of the biggest, hardest rainstorms I have ever seen, and I got caught in it.
It was Very dark here, but just sort of a mist. I needed some errands ran and my friend who helps me is out with someone who had oral surgery.
I was moving pretty well this morning, so I thought I would take care of the errands.
Sheesh!!! I was ready to leave the dollar store and rain was coming down in buckets. I waited and waited and it just Kept coming down. I finally decided to run for the car. Got soaked to the skin.
It was NO fun driving home. The rain was coming down harder than the wipers could handle. There was also a ground-wind, which is pretty unusual with this kind of rain. The wind was blowing the rain up from the streets, looking like 4-5 foot waves. We have one intersection that has always been a problem in heavy rain. I saw that cars were getting stalled, so I got smack dab in the middle of the street and managed to avoid the flooded part.
It continued to rain hard until just a few seconds ago, when it slowed to a sprinkle. It is thundering like crazy. There will be flash flooding all over this area.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69452 May 30, 2013
PS---Now it is coming down in Buckets again!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69453 May 30, 2013
PPS--Should have read the weather warning before I left home. It says 50 mph winds and penny to nickel size hail. Haven't got the hail yet.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69454 May 31, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph did you end up getting the heavy winds and hail?

Any word on Mackenzie? Is she home yet?
Murph wrote:
PPS--Should have read the weather warning before I left home. It says 50 mph winds and penny to nickel size hail. Haven't got the hail yet.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69455 May 31, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph did you end up getting the heavy winds and hail?
Any word on Mackenzie? Is she home yet?
<quoted text>
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy day.
Liz--I shared a message from Mackenzie's mom on Facebook. She is back in the hospital. The lungs seem to be working ok, but they have had several rejection scares. She is in the hospital because her stomach and colon still aren't working right. She has been very ill because of that.
We got the wind, but not the hail. We are supposed to have heavy rain, wind and hail again this afternoon and evening. My Peonies were blooming so beautifully and the rain put them right down on the ground! Breaks my heart!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Bluestater 1,235,969
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min LizW 498,805
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 9 min Red_Forman 12,610
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 23 min LizW 18,161
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 49 min Milee 4,550
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr red and right 53,577
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 10 hr Cheyenne Autumn 11
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]