Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

United States

#69416 May 20, 2013
LizW wrote:
I don't know what you should do now. I thought there was suppose to be a plus sign or it was suppose to turn blue. Just drink some cranberry juice for a couple days to flush your system out, then retake the test and see what happens. Based on everything you've told me I'm pretty sure you should be pregnant!!!!!!
Did the storm bypass you?
<quoted text>
Bypassed us. We are due for another big one tonight. Right now it is pretty dark with thunder and a sprinkle.
Murph

United States

#69417 May 20, 2013
Sirens blared. House is full of people. I have way too much glass in this house.

No hail yet. If we get some big ones, I will send you a picture.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69418 May 21, 2013
Is everything okay there? Do the siren's normally sound off until the storm is over?
Murph wrote:
Sirens blared. House is full of people. I have way too much glass in this house.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#69419 May 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning. I hope everything is OK there for you and yours.
Keeping you all in my prayers...
Murph

United States

#69420 May 21, 2013
Good morning, Liz, Jane and Allbodies. We escaped any damage last night. We didn't even get the large ail that they were predicting was almost a certainty.

Praying that Mousie and her family are all ok.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69422 May 22, 2013
Good Morning

Murph I'm so glad you escaped the storms path.

I'm praying Mousie and her family are okay.

I read somewhere's the winds were over 200 mph. I can't even fathom what that would sound like or feel like. When we get 40 mph winds it sounds like the roof is going to blow off the house.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69423 May 22, 2013
Good Morning to all...hope everyone has a great day!

Murph, u r in my thoughts, hope all is well.

Liz W, I love waking up to the props u give me, thanks.(not sure if u need em back, but i saw u here so i could give back for once!)
Murph

United States

#69424 May 22, 2013
Good morning Liz, Jordan 115 and Allbodies.

It was two years ago today that the tornado hit Joplin and wiped much of it out. My cousin lost everything she had.
This Moore tornado is killing her. She sees people going what she went through and Really wants to help. She said news reports are saying to send Nohing But Money. She strongly disagrees with that. She said when people are picking through the rubble of their homes, it is a lovely feeling when someone walks up to you with more garbage bags, rubber gloves and an apple.

She said monjey that was donated for victims went into city coffers and the money they are now getting from the government is being spent of a fine arts center, another library, etc., and not a dime to help the people who lost their homes, are now in New (but lesser quality) homes and, since their homes are New, they now have to pay much higher property taxes. The victims are Still victims, two years later.

She also mentioned that, although it was constantly on tv and internet where people could go to receive help, the ones who lost everything didn't HAVE tv or internet, so they only found out from word of mouth, sometimes days afterward.

People who lost their homes were digging through the rubble while people (some from other towns and even bordering states) heard on TV where to get free cleaning supplies and grooming supplies and were there filling their cars with freebies.

“Life is what you make it,”

Level 4

Since: Jul 11

Choose wisely!

#69425 May 22, 2013
Good afternoon. My name is Taz. I am having a great day and finally feel I am overcoming a hump of bad karma that has been blocking me from having good outcomes!
I am so very happy!!!!
=)
Sending Positive Vibes your ways!
Taz
Murph

United States

#69426 May 22, 2013
Taz the Southern wrote:
Good afternoon. My name is Taz. I am having a great day and finally feel I am overcoming a hump of bad karma that has been blocking me from having good outcomes!
I am so very happy!!!!
=)
Sending Positive Vibes your ways!
Taz
Hi Taz the Southern. Thank you for the positive vibes sent our way. Am glad you are happy!

“Life is what you make it,”

Level 4

Since: Jul 11

Choose wisely!

#69427 May 22, 2013
Murph
Not only is there semi's headed towards Oklahoma from Tennesseans,but plenty of helping hands loaded with supplies and lots of prayers. Thinking of the babies has brought me tears many times. I have lost a child and there is just no way to explain the agony you feel with that separation. No matter how long these angels blessed your life,the moment you see your child,you're hooked.I hope that the survivors know they will see their loved ones again. They need to let others help carry the load. Take the support. Feel the love. Take time to heal....... God Bless you all!
Taz
Murph

United States

#69428 May 23, 2013
Taz the Southern wrote:
Murph
Not only is there semi's headed towards Oklahoma from Tennesseans,but plenty of helping hands loaded with supplies and lots of prayers. Thinking of the babies has brought me tears many times. I have lost a child and there is just no way to explain the agony you feel with that separation. No matter how long these angels blessed your life,the moment you see your child,you're hooked.I hope that the survivors know they will see their loved ones again. They need to let others help carry the load. Take the support. Feel the love. Take time to heal....... God Bless you all!
Taz
I am so very,very sorry for your loss. No one can even imagine the devastation unless they have been through it.
My cousin said that, after the Joplin tornado, many people (some who hadn't lost anything) were unable to function for months. She said she thinks the reason she and her husband were able to pick up and go on was that both of them had lost a child and, once that happened to a person, nothing else could begin to compare.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69429 May 23, 2013
Hi u all, hope every1 is having a great day!!

Taz, i am so glad u r getting threw this, i pray for u every day.

Its raining so hard in PA...
Murph

United States

#69430 May 23, 2013
Taz the Southern wrote:
Murph
Taz
I am glad for those semis headed for Oklahoma. Three of our city workers have given up their long weekend to go help. They have a stock trailer loaded with diapers, baby wipes, teddy bears, etc.
One is experienced--he helped after the Joplin tornado (where he lost a cousin) and the other two are handlers of heavy equipment.
Murph

United States

#69431 May 23, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
This has been a frustrating 3 days for me. Men came on Tuesday to clean my pond. They rearranged some rock but in No Way cleaned the pond. They came back today, fiddled with it a little while and Still haven't done anything that I couldn't have done myself.
THEN--both times they drained the water into the northwest corner of my yard. My mowing man mowed right through all the standing water, leaving huge muddy ruts on about 35 feet of my yard.
I give up. I am so sick of paying people to do something because I am unable to do it, then discover they are more feeble than I am, although they are strapping 30 year-olds.

Tomorrow will be better!

Level 7

Location hidden

#69432 May 26, 2013
Hi Murph....yea young ones can be lazy these days. When i need something done and hire someone to do it, it looks like i did it myself anyway,lol. So, whats the point...Hope u r having a good weekend!

Liz W, hope ur having a great weekend!

TAZ- hope u r ok....havent heard from u...pm me f u need to talk my friend.

Level 7

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#69433 May 26, 2013
This looks like a nice thread.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69435 May 26, 2013
Taz you're in my prayers.
Gid Bless you and your family.
Taz the Southern wrote:
Murph
Taz

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69436 May 26, 2013
I'm in New York and it was pouring here for a couple of days too. Now it's sunny but still on the chilly side.
jordan115 wrote:
Murph

United States

#69437 May 26, 2013
Hey, Allbodies. It is lovely here today except for the wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be 20-30 MPH winds most of the day.
I hope everybody is doing well and enjoying Memorial Day weekend.
Today was nice for me because my cousin and her husband came and spent the day. Wore me out, but it was wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,521,799
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 3 hr Murphey_Law 89
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 98,382
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr Lon Spector 513,104
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders 20 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
April is Child Protection Month but Trump Hosts... 21 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
News Bush revokes pardon after learning of GOP donation (Dec '08) 23 hr Julios Lottery ti... 15

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages