Murph

Wichita, KS

#69375 May 11, 2013
Good morning Liz and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great day.
No, Liz, no BBQ. Daughter is bringing the food, birthday cake and ice cream, but I don't know what we are having.
Today is the baby shower. That little guy already has enough stuff bought for him to carry him through his first 6 months or more, so he really doesn't need a shower. All the family will run out and buy him more stuff when he is born. I am eager to see the decorations. There are cakes, a tractor, motorcycle, and I don't know what else, all made of of diapers.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69376 May 11, 2013
Nothing in the world can take place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

Level 8

Location hidden

#69377 May 11, 2013
We're having gloriously beautiful weather. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69378 May 11, 2013
I just wanted to say hello, im new, not from FL though. I hope all of u are having a good weekend!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69379 May 11, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
I just wanted to say hello, im new, not from FL though. I hope all of u are having a good weekend!
Hi, Jordan115. I hope you have a good week end also. I'm not from Florida either. I'm from Southeast Kansas.
Today was a beautiful day and, according to the forecast, we are going to have a string of beautiful days. I love this time of year.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69380 May 11, 2013
Hi Murph, it was rainy here today, i hope we have a string of nice weather here soon. It always seems like we have a nice day, then a rainy day, then a chilly day...
But i just started on this forum cause i noticed the game and it seemed fun. I also like the word games they play here. I gave u props for replying back to me. And its also nice to have an inspirational thread when u need something inspiring to read after reading all those horrible news threads!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69381 May 12, 2013
Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through
the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection ...

Jiddu Krishnamurti

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#69382 May 12, 2013
Good Morning Ladies and Happy Mother's Day to All

Murph how was the shower? Did they have a cute cake?

Hope you have a nice day for your outside party today.
Thank goodness my daughter planned a inside brunch. It's raining ang only about 50 degrees.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69383 May 12, 2013
Good morning,Jordan, Zazz, Liz, and Allbodies.
I wish every one of you a very Happy Mother's Day.
It is beautiful here today.

Liz--the shower was wonderful! My younger daughter was in charge of the cake and she rejected the first one. She said it was very crudely done. They did a beautiful job on the second one. We aren't having an outside party, I just wanted the yard to look nice.

I have to think of some way for my worthless hands to work the trigger on the hedge clippers this morning. Help!!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#69385 May 12, 2013
Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies here on the lane.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69386 May 12, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies here on the lane.
Thank you! I hope you had a great day.
For a long time I have looked at those 'pocket hose' ads, thinking that was exactly what I needed. Never mentioned it to anyone. I got FOUR of them today!
We all went out in the back yard to try one out. We were standing there watching it scrunch itself back up and one of the kids said, "I hope your neighbors aren't videotaping us all gathered around a hose, watching it scrunch up."

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69387 May 13, 2013
Murph what did you think of the pocket hose? I've seen then in store's and was tempted to buy one.

Good I'm glad to hear you had cake at the shower. Having cake at family showers here is a battle of the wills. Actually sitting there and opening gifts doesn't go over well either. Forget having games at the showers, that just is not happening. At my niece's bridal shower she asked everyone not to wrap their gifts, she was having a display table instead. No cake either, instead guest each got a box of candy to take home. Then niece gets married and there's no cake either.
My daughter made it clear that when she got married there would be no cake. She wasn't posing and taking pictures near a cake or the food. Instead she had a ice cream, brownie, candy bar. I was kind of looking forward to us picking out a wedding cake together, then I got the bright idea that at her bridal shower we could have a small wedding cake. That idea didn't fly either. We ended up with a cookie tray. I'm not sure what my daughter and her cousin has against cake but I was tired of fielding questions from the older Aunt's (who look forward to the cake) why there wasn't a freaking cake and why gifts were unwrapped so fast that no one knew what she received.
At my niece's baby shower this past winter she broke down and had cupcakes.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I hope you had a great day.
For a long time I have looked at those 'pocket hose' ads, thinking that was exactly what I needed. Never mentioned it to anyone. I got FOUR of them today!
We all went out in the back yard to try one out. We were standing there watching it scrunch itself back up and one of the kids said, "I hope your neighbors aren't videotaping us all gathered around a hose, watching it scrunch up."
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69388 May 13, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is good. It is lovely here.
Liz, I Love the Pocket Hose. I will be able to use two for the front yard and one in the back yard and have a spare. They have shut-offs at the end. Not that my hands/fingers/thumbs can work the lever, but it is a cool feature.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69392 May 15, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph where have you been? Playing with your new hoses?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69393 May 15, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph where have you been? Playing with your new hoses?
The new hoses don't really scrunch back up, but they are a whole lot easier to wind around the hose holder. I suppose someone with hands could get them back in the original position.

Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.
We have a possibility of major thunderstorms moving in later today and tonight.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69400 May 18, 2013
Good Morning Ladies

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
The new hoses don't really scrunch back up, but they are a whole lot easier to wind around the hose holder. I suppose someone with hands could get them back in the original position.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.
We have a possibility of major thunderstorms moving in later today and tonight.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69401 May 18, 2013
Hi every1, just wanted to stop by and say hello, hows every1 doing? It has been nice for a few days strait here, im so excited summer is here. We opened the pool, the water just needs to warm up before i go in it. Hope u all have a wonderful day...
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69402 May 18, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Jordan 115 and Allbodies. I hope you have a fantastic Saturday.

It is predicted that a Major Storm will move here Sunday afternoon and all of our tornado sirens, with the exception of one, are out of order. I am lucky that the one that is still working is at the high school, a block and a half from me.

I hope it doesn't get as bad as they are saying because hundreds of people, including most of my family, will be at the high school for graduation.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69403 May 18, 2013
Hey. I heard a rumor that Mousie is pregnant.
I do not know if this is true, but if she is, I think we should have a baby shower for her.

I volunteer to do the decorations. We could have all those neat cakes, motorcycles,tractors, etc, made out of diapers.

Oh shoot, I haven't haven't heard whether it is a boy a girl. We'll wait to make the decorations.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#69406 May 18, 2013
Hi Jordan,

Seems like summer just all of a sudden came upon us fast this year. Another couple of weeks and the pools around here will be opening too.
jordan115 wrote:
Hi every1, just wanted to stop by and say hello, hows every1 doing? It has been nice for a few days strait here, im so excited summer is here. We opened the pool, the water just needs to warm up before i go in it. Hope u all have a wonderful day...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,110,110
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min dont drink the ko... 46,736
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 27 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 487,577
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 34 min HELL ON EARTH 25,871
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr 30 years svs 2,498
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 3 hr Bunner 93
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 6 hr Games Champ Riggies 9,072
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••