Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69362 May 9, 2013
"If what you want is contentment, it is better and easier to change yourself and what you want than it is to change the world around you."

William B. Irvine

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69363 May 10, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I bet you look beautiful with your new hairdo and I'm glad you like the new hairdresser.

I was just reading a Facebook update last night from a high school classmate. The girl was always posting about different trip or places she and her hubby visited. Then last year her husband got sick and passed away couple weeks later. Last week she found out she has colon cancer and needs to go thru both radiation and chemo. I pray everything turns out okay for her and hope good things start coming her way.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69364 May 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
"If what you want is contentment, it is better and easier to change yourself and what you want than it is to change the world around you."
William B. Irvine
Grace happens.

Max Lucado
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69365 May 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph I bet you look beautiful with your new hairdo and I'm glad you like the new hairdresser.
I was just reading a Facebook update last night from a high school classmate. The girl was always posting about different trip or places she and her hubby visited. Then last year her husband got sick and passed away couple weeks later. Last week she found out she has colon cancer and needs to go thru both radiation and chemo. I pray everything turns out okay for her and hope good things start coming her way.
I assure you I don't look beautiful, but I thank you for the thought.
Praying that your friend does well through the radiation and chemo.
I shared a note from Makenzie's mom on Facebook. They are a little concerned about possible rejection, but she is doing great.
I will check to see if she posted an update after the doctor visit.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69366 May 10, 2013
I checked. Makenzie had a bronchoscopy yesterday but they won't know anything until tomorrow. I hope everyone will keep her in their prayers.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69367 May 10, 2013
Good morning, Zazz and Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a happy FAF.
The sun came out and it is lovely here. Too wet for the mowing people to come so I am afraid the yard is going to look pretty shabby for the party Sunday.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69368 May 10, 2013
"The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything."

Theodore Roosevelt

Level 8

Location hidden

#69369 May 10, 2013
May God shine his grace on Mackenzie. She is in my prayers.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69370 May 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
Amen.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69371 May 10, 2013
Ah--Grace and Grace alone! The yard dried enough that the mowing people could come. I don't know why I fretted so much about it but there are two things I am anal about--dirty windows and shaggy grass. Feel like a weight has been lifted off me.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69372 May 11, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph you sent all your rain here. It's been pouring for almost 2 days.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69373 May 11, 2013
Amen
zazz wrote:

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69374 May 11, 2013
There you go. Clean windows, cut grass and a new hairdo. You're all ready for the weekend.
Are you BBQing out?

Go ahead and tell me you're having BBQ'ed chicken on the grill. I haven't had that in ages.
Murph wrote:
Ah--Grace and Grace alone! The yard dried enough that the mowing people could come. I don't know why I fretted so much about it but there are two things I am anal about--dirty windows and shaggy grass. Feel like a weight has been lifted off me.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69375 May 11, 2013
Good morning Liz and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great day.
No, Liz, no BBQ. Daughter is bringing the food, birthday cake and ice cream, but I don't know what we are having.
Today is the baby shower. That little guy already has enough stuff bought for him to carry him through his first 6 months or more, so he really doesn't need a shower. All the family will run out and buy him more stuff when he is born. I am eager to see the decorations. There are cakes, a tractor, motorcycle, and I don't know what else, all made of of diapers.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69376 May 11, 2013
Nothing in the world can take place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

Level 8

Location hidden

#69377 May 11, 2013
We're having gloriously beautiful weather. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69378 May 11, 2013
I just wanted to say hello, im new, not from FL though. I hope all of u are having a good weekend!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69379 May 11, 2013
jordan115 wrote:
I just wanted to say hello, im new, not from FL though. I hope all of u are having a good weekend!
Hi, Jordan115. I hope you have a good week end also. I'm not from Florida either. I'm from Southeast Kansas.
Today was a beautiful day and, according to the forecast, we are going to have a string of beautiful days. I love this time of year.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#69380 May 11, 2013
Hi Murph, it was rainy here today, i hope we have a string of nice weather here soon. It always seems like we have a nice day, then a rainy day, then a chilly day...
But i just started on this forum cause i noticed the game and it seemed fun. I also like the word games they play here. I gave u props for replying back to me. And its also nice to have an inspirational thread when u need something inspiring to read after reading all those horrible news threads!

Level 8

Location hidden

#69381 May 12, 2013
Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through
the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection ...

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,277,113
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 502,195
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr ANGHARAD 19,077
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IBdaMann 54,547
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 4 hr Breezy _Soul 22,487
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,506
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 18,258
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages