Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69300 Apr 30, 2013
"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."

Willie Nelson

Level 8

Location hidden

#69301 Apr 30, 2013
Murph, so glad you're having a good day.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69302 Apr 30, 2013
Hello to everyone.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69303 Apr 30, 2013
beatnick wrote:
Someone used my name. Oh, what flattery!
I noticed that. You must feel very flattered!
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69304 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, so glad you're having a good day.
Thank you. It has been Wonderful! I love going to the Ace greenhouse and L@@king. I found lots of stuff I 'need.' All I bought was top soil and Miracle Gro soil, because it is supposed to freeze Thursday night.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69305 Apr 30, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you, Murph. You'll get a lot done.
Oh, Beatnick! It was the most Awesome 7 hours. I am gimping up now, but I had a lot of housework done before my helper even got here.
We stapled weed preventer fabric over a 6'x3' frame my son built for me, then flipped it over, put it in a larger flower bed, filled it with soil and filled it with Larkspur plants. My original intent was to plant Larkspur seeds that I had harvested last fall, but I have dozens of volunteer Larkspur plants and that spot needed some color. It felt So Good to be outside and actually Working!

I have, literally, hundreds of Viola plants (volunteer) and Ace is selling theirs for $1.49 for a 4" plant. Mine have to be moved or thrown away before I can set out the bedding plants I got for my birthday.

This has been such a special day, and I am so grateful for it.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69306 May 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
Hello to everyone.
Hello zazz!
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69307 May 1, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Beatnick! It was the most Awesome 7 hours. I am gimping up now, but I had a lot of housework done before my helper even got here.
We stapled weed preventer fabric over a 6'x3' frame my son built for me, then flipped it over, put it in a larger flower bed, filled it with soil and filled it with Larkspur plants. My original intent was to plant Larkspur seeds that I had harvested last fall, but I have dozens of volunteer Larkspur plants and that spot needed some color. It felt So Good to be outside and actually Working!
I have, literally, hundreds of Viola plants (volunteer) and Ace is selling theirs for $1.49 for a 4" plant. Mine have to be moved or thrown away before I can set out the bedding plants I got for my birthday.
This has been such a special day, and I am so grateful for it.
As long as none of this was done with a chain saw.
You're gonna have a beautiful garden.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69308 May 1, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It has been Wonderful! I love going to the Ace greenhouse and L@@king. I found lots of stuff I 'need.' All I bought was top soil and Miracle Gro soil, because it is supposed to freeze Thursday night.
We're having a freeze tonight, so I brought out the bird seed I usually stop using in April. It's s'posed to be 80/85 this weekend. I'm way too much of a northerner to take the heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69309 May 1, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
We're having a freeze tonight, so I brought out the bird seed I usually stop using in April. It's s'posed to be 80/85 this weekend. I'm way too much of a northerner to take the heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning.
What is up with this weather? My cousin said her barometer was sitting at the lowest point and hadn't moved for two days.(This was yesterday). To walk outside right now, one would never believe that it would be 37 degrees by night--and a high in the mid-forties tomorrow. The poor birds and animals don't know what to think. The birds have been busy nest building the past two weeks. They will be huddled tonight and tomorrow.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69310 May 1, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a fine day. I hope everyone is doing something fun.
I'm not doing anything fun; I am sitting here in my jammies, talking to myself.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69311 May 1, 2013
Some times things happen that really make me thank God for the sheer Goodness of people.
I had this big, ugly strip of bare earth from where I had a sewer line replaced last year. My son ha tiled it twice, but it was still pretty rough.
Yesterday my wonderful neighbor asked me if I would like for him to sow some grass seed on it. I told him I would really appreciate it and that I had a bag of grass seed and would put it in the corner of the flower box.

About an hour ago, the dogs were raising cain and I looked out. A young man was raking the spot.(This is a rather large spot--about 50' by 12'). Now, the pastor (my neighbor) and 4 other men are out with rakes and a tiller. and they have a man from Westar Power out there. I'm not sure what they are doing,but I thank God for these wonderful people!
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69312 May 1, 2013
This blows my mind---they have a tractor with a blade out there now!
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69313 May 1, 2013
It is 83 degrees right now. We have rain and Snow predicted tomorrow through Saturday.
I am having the best time sitting here Talking To Myself!
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69314 May 1, 2013
Now here's a bad day, I don't care who you are. This happened to DIL's aunt yesterday.
Her ground was still wet, but she thought she had better mow before it rained again. She got her mower stuck. Went to the shed and got the tractor, hooked it up to the mower and pulled the mower out. Started to get off the tractor to unhook the mower. Slipped while getting off. Smacked her ribs Hard on the hydraulic lift. Knocked her down. She couldn't move and couldn't get her breath--and remembered she had left her phone inside because she was afraid that if she fell, she would get it wet!!!
She finally gets up and is very slowly making her way to the house. She felt like the ground was moving beneath her feet. Was afraid she was fainting. She looked down, and she was standing on a large Blacksnake. Suddenly, she could Move--so fast she cleared two dogs. She was moving a lot faster, looking at the ground for fear of another snake. She ran into a hornets' nest and hornets chased her the rest of the way into the house.
She told DIL that today she is so sore she could barely get out of bed,and really didn't Want to.
God love her, she is one of the kindest, most caring people I have ever heard of.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#69315 May 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
Some times things happen that really make me thank God for the sheer Goodness of people.
I had this big, ugly strip of bare earth from where I had a sewer line replaced last year. My son ha tiled it twice, but it was still pretty rough.
Yesterday my wonderful neighbor asked me if I would like for him to sow some grass seed on it. I told him I would really appreciate it and that I had a bag of grass seed and would put it in the corner of the flower box.
About an hour ago, the dogs were raising cain and I looked out. A young man was raking the spot.(This is a rather large spot--about 50' by 12'). Now, the pastor (my neighbor) and 4 other men are out with rakes and a tiller. and they have a man from Westar Power out there. I'm not sure what they are doing,but I thank God for these wonderful people!
Good morning Murph! You are blessed with some good neighbors. God bless them, and God bless you. I have a feeling you've done something extra special in these peoples lives at one time or another. Good for them they have a conscience.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69316 May 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
It is 83 degrees right now. We have rain and Snow predicted tomorrow through Saturday.
I am having the best time sitting here Talking To Myself!
I'm glad we can do this. It seems I'm doing it (talking to myself) more often lately.
;-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69317 May 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
Now here's a bad day, I don't care who you are. This happened to DIL's aunt yesterday.
Her ground was still wet, but she thought she had better mow before it rained again. She got her mower stuck. Went to the shed and got the tractor, hooked it up to the mower and pulled the mower out. Started to get off the tractor to unhook the mower. Slipped while getting off. Smacked her ribs Hard on the hydraulic lift. Knocked her down. She couldn't move and couldn't get her breath--and remembered she had left her phone inside because she was afraid that if she fell, she would get it wet!!!
She finally gets up and is very slowly making her way to the house. She felt like the ground was moving beneath her feet. Was afraid she was fainting. She looked down, and she was standing on a large Blacksnake. Suddenly, she could Move--so fast she cleared two dogs. She was moving a lot faster, looking at the ground for fear of another snake. She ran into a hornets' nest and hornets chased her the rest of the way into the house.
She told DIL that today she is so sore she could barely get out of bed,and really didn't Want to.
God love her, she is one of the kindest, most caring people I have ever heard of.
Poor soul! I hope she took the day off yesterday. She certainly deserved it after that hellacious day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69318 May 2, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph it sounds like you have such wonderful neighbor's.

I'm glad your DIL Aunt is okay, geez that sounds like one awful day.

Is snow still predicted there for tonight?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69319 May 2, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad we can do this. It seems I'm doing it (talking to myself) more often lately.
;-)
I third that motion lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,382,306
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min IB DaMann 59,447
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 20 min Murphey_Law 513,233
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 14 hr BigD LVMc 761
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,042
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 14 hr JoeBakRotsInHell 134
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 18,974
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages