beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69270 Apr 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. This is our second day of much needed rain.
Liz, I haven't heard an update on Makenzie. I haven't talked to my friend since Monday night and Makenzie's mom hasn't posted since the day she was hoping to be released but wasn't because of her stomach problems. I hope they got that tube out of her chest. It was causing her a lot of pain.
What are all y'all up to today?
It would be great if Makenzie's stomach problem was solved and her chest tube was pulled and she was out of the hospital by now or hopefully soon.
Today is summer haircut day. We actually had a day of 71 degrees and a day of 74 degrees.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69271 Apr 27, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be great if Makenzie's stomach problem was solved and her chest tube was pulled and she was out of the hospital by now or hopefully soon.
Today is summer haircut day. We actually had a day of 71 degrees and a day of 74 degrees.
My kind of weather! We knew about the storms yesterday, but I don't think we were prepared for it being dark and rainy today.
As you know, it all depends on which weather channel you tune in. I can be reading one thing on weatherbug and my DIL can be reading something opposite on her phone.
I 3

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#69272 Apr 27, 2013
http://www.doctorericknows.com/author-winning...

Good evening ladies. I posted this on the Let's Chat thread and thought I would post it on the lane also for all of you Inspirational Ladies. It is about a University of South Florida (which is in Tampa) professor. He has written strategies for successful aging. Some of you are so brave with handling the pain you live with daily. I'm amazed at some of the things you accomplish living with so much pain and you ALL seem to make the best of it. I'm impressed with the way you handle your struggles and seem to take it in all stride.

Inspiration Lane ended up being a very fitting name for this thread as you are all truly inspirational.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69273 Apr 27, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
Good evening ladies. I posted this on the Let's Chat thread and thought I would post it on the lane also for all of you Inspirational Ladies. It is about a University of South Florida (which is in Tampa) professor. He has written strategies for successful aging. Some of you are so brave with handling the pain you live with daily. I'm amazed at some of the things you accomplish living with so much pain and you ALL seem to make the best of it. I'm impressed with the way you handle your struggles and seem to take it in all stride.
Inspiration Lane ended up being a very fitting name for this thread as you are all truly inspirational.
Thank you, Tribe. This sounds like a really good book. I will look for it.
I just checked out,"Grace More Than We Deserve Greater Than We Can Imagine" by Max Lucado. I have most of his books and have never read one that I didn't like, so I know I am going to like this one.
I hope you are your family are doing well.
We are pretty excited--we have two new baby boys coming. One is due June 10 and the other is due September 4.
Nevaeh is going to have a baby brother. She is pretty excited. SHe has been saying she wants a baby boy. She is already planning all the ways she is going to help her dad with the new baby. He told her early on that he is going to need her help and she has taken that very seriously. They just found out on Wednesday that it is a boy. Grandma is in Branson today, buying baby boy stuff.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#69274 Apr 28, 2013
Good Morning Ladies.

Murph that's cute about Nevaeh wanting to help out with the new baby. I bet she'll be a pro in no time at all.
When Zach was born my daughter was about 8 and thought she had her very own living doll.

She was changing his diaper and his outfits every hour regardless if he needed it or not.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I just checked out,"Grace More Than We Deserve Greater Than We Can Imagine" by Max Lucado. I have most of his books and have never read one that I didn't like, so I know I am going to like this one.
We are pretty excited--we have two new baby boys coming. One is due June 10 and the other is due September 4.
Nevaeh is going to have a baby brother. She is pretty excited. SHe has been saying she wants a baby boy. She is already planning all the ways she is going to help her dad with the new baby. He told her early on that he is going to need her help and she has taken that very seriously. They just found out on Wednesday that it is a boy. Grandma is in Branson today, buying baby boy stuff.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#69275 Apr 28, 2013
Hi Beatnick,

I don't like the way the rigged the show this year as far as the boy's went. They knew none of them had a shot at winning or any type of audience appeal.

Amber is my favorite
Candice and Kree are tied
Angie last place, there's just something about her that seems fake and she's seems to be expecting to win.

I'm thinking Amber had the least amount of votes. For some reason she just doesn't connect with the viewers. Hopefully this week she picks good songs and blows everyone away.

I'm looking forward to see what happens this week. Kree was in trouble last week and the viewers started voting for her. Candice and Amber are in trouble this week so they might end up with more votes because of it. If that's the case then Angie and Kree could be in the bottom two. Week 4 always seems to be a shocker week. Angie could be the one getting the boot since Kree is probably taking all the country votes now that Janelle is gone.
beatnick wrote:
Hi Liz and All:
My faves in order on American Idol (very difficult to choose between them!).
1. Cree
2. Candace
3. Angie
4. Amber
I think maybe the judges saved Amber this week and next week they'll combine scores to hopefully give her another save.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69276 Apr 28, 2013
LizW wrote:
Hi Beatnick,
I don't like the way the rigged the show this year as far as the boy's went. They knew none of them had a shot at winning or any type of audience appeal.
Amber is my favorite
Candice and Kree are tied
Angie last place, there's just something about her that seems fake and she's seems to be expecting to win.
I'm thinking Amber had the least amount of votes. For some reason she just doesn't connect with the viewers. Hopefully this week she picks good songs and blows everyone away.
I'm looking forward to see what happens this week. Kree was in trouble last week and the viewers started voting for her. Candice and Amber are in trouble this week so they might end up with more votes because of it. If that's the case then Angie and Kree could be in the bottom two. Week 4 always seems to be a shocker week. Angie could be the one getting the boot since Kree is probably taking all the country votes now that Janelle is gone.
<quoted text>
I agree, the boys didn't have a chance. I liked Lazaro, but his last 2 songs were too weak to keep him on.
Amber seems one of those that can be really appreciated, but doesn't have completely universal appeal. I would like her to blow everyone out of the water with a great song too.
Cree has a country twang and picks tunes that suit her voice.
Candice can do so much with any song.
Angie doesn't have much stage presence, without her piano she looks like "Barbi" with the same lack of movement too. But with her piano I kind of lose the song.
Don't get me wrong, I think they're all very talented and with the right producer and agent any one of them could have a shining career.
I have no idea who will go this next week.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69277 Apr 28, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
TM it looks like you have hit on a book that can provide a roadmap for successful aging by approaching the problems that come with it and taking a view for a more appealing life. There are so few books that really understand the elder years, which in today's world can stretch on for quite a long time.
And thank you for the inspirational compliment.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69278 Apr 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
My kind of weather! We knew about the storms yesterday, but I don't think we were prepared for it being dark and rainy today.
As you know, it all depends on which weather channel you tune in. I can be reading one thing on weatherbug and my DIL can be reading something opposite on her phone.
I 3
I watch the Weather Channel on TV and they never mention Seattle except to say it rains. Although that puts a very skewed view of the city, it helps to keep the population in check lol.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69279 Apr 28, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.
It is pretty and sunny out.
I have 3 Oriental Lily bulbs that I got for my birthday. The box says, "Up to 10 blooms per bulb." It also says they can be grown in a pot. I think I am going to try this.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69280 Apr 28, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
TM it looks like you have hit on a book that can provide a roadmap for successful aging by approaching the problems that come with it and taking a view for a more appealing life. There are so few books that really understand the elder years, which in today's world can stretch on for quite a long time.
And thank you for the inspirational compliment.
Hi Beat! Happy Sunday! You ARE welcome!

I'm glad you took it that way. I emailed it to my husband's friend who last year went through gastric bypass, has lost well over a hundred pounds and was in the hospital last week for an appendectomy asked me if I was telling him he was old. I hope he's not really vain.:-) I think he was kidding. I say it's never too early to start. I wish I had started taking better care of myself when I was younger, but you're never to old to start either.

I DO get a lift out of some of you. I'm impressed by the cheerfulness that some of you manage even when you're going through the rough patches life throws at us. It IS inspirational to me.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69281 Apr 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a really nice day.
It is pretty and sunny out.
I have 3 Oriental Lily bulbs that I got for my birthday. The box says, "Up to 10 blooms per bulb." It also says they can be grown in a pot. I think I am going to try this.
Good afternoon Murph!

Happy Birthday if I missed your birthday. Good luck growing your Lily. I wish I had a green thumb.

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69282 Apr 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to having grandchildren one day. I'm hoping son #2 and his girlfriend will get serious, get married and bless me with a grandchild. I like her, his girlfriend. I can't say the same for every girl he's been with. Her mom is hoping for some grandchildren too. Maybe they'll get the hint.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69283 Apr 28, 2013
I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, what's left of it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69284 Apr 28, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to having grandchildren one day. I'm hoping son #2 and his girlfriend will get serious, get married and bless me with a grandchild. I like her, his girlfriend. I can't say the same for every girl he's been with. Her mom is hoping for some grandchildren too. Maybe they'll get the hint.
It is going to be awesome having two little boys so close in age. I have a GS and GD who are 8 months apart and were inseparable. Until they got to high school and didn't speak to each other.
I have another GS and GD who are 8 days apart. They were very close, also.
I hope these new little cousins will be close.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69285 Apr 28, 2013
DIL has been here working on centerpieces for the baby shower. So far she has made a 3 layer cake and a tractor--all made from diapers and receiving blankets. She saw this on Pinterest and volunteered to do them. They are adorable.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69286 Apr 29, 2013
"Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word."

Goran Persson

A wee bit late.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69287 Apr 29, 2013
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Queen, hope your tooth problems are behind you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69288 Apr 29, 2013
"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Christopher Robin (to Pooh)
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69289 Apr 29, 2013
Good morning, Zazz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really good day.
It is beautiful here.
I hope all y'all are up to something Fun today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,110,036
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min T-REX 487,430
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 36 min Lon Spector 88
What life is like for Casey Anthony 1 hr Lon Spector 238
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 46,647
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Anne 96,431
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 2 hr n-dis-grace 25,850
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando