Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69257 Apr 23, 2013
Thanks Queen. I'm lucky he was there with me because for awhile I thought I was going to lose my cookies.

BTW......I read about your garden and it sounds amazing. How soon before you be getting some produce?
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Liz! Your ex sounds like a very good person, I'm praying for your sister to make a full recovery.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69258 Apr 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
Thanks Queen. I'm lucky he was there with me because for awhile I thought I was going to lose my cookies.
BTW......I read about your garden and it sounds amazing. How soon before you be getting some produce?<quoted text>
I am so glad you had someone with you. I know how worried you have been about her.
I pray that she will soon be home and feeling well again.

Cajun needs to send us some pictures of her garden!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69259 Apr 23, 2013
Makenzie Update:
Makenzie till hasn't been dismissed. The rejection issues seem to be under control, but her stomach/colon aren't working very well because of the pain meds. This causes a lot of pressure around the chest tube, and is causing her a lot of pain.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69260 Apr 24, 2013
Sorry to hear that Murph. I'm praying for Makenzie and her family.
Murph wrote:
Makenzie Update:
Makenzie till hasn't been dismissed. The rejection issues seem to be under control, but her stomach/colon aren't working very well because of the pain meds. This causes a lot of pressure around the chest tube, and is causing her a lot of pain.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69261 Apr 24, 2013
There is a neat story on the front page today. A little grl is turning 5 in May and, instead of birthday presents, she wants people to make donations to Makenzie. Her older sister did this last year and asked for stuff that could be donated to an animal rescue in Topeka. She got a whole pickup load of needed stuff for the animals.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69262 Apr 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
There is a neat story on the front page today. A little grl is turning 5 in May and, instead of birthday presents, she wants people to make donations to Makenzie. Her older sister did this last year and asked for stuff that could be donated to an animal rescue in Topeka. She got a whole pickup load of needed stuff for the animals.
Awesome girls, I bet they have wonderful parents, very inspiring!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69263 Apr 24, 2013
Y'all say a quick prayer for me, I have an abscessed tooth and a dentist appt. tomorrow and have I ever mentioned I am absolutely terrified of dentists. I have had two extremely bad experiences with anesthesia not working, I feel like throwing up just thinking about it. I need a Valium, maybe more than one, lol!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69264 Apr 24, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
Y'all say a quick prayer for me, I have an abscessed tooth and a dentist appt. tomorrow and have I ever mentioned I am absolutely terrified of dentists. I have had two extremely bad experiences with anesthesia not working, I feel like throwing up just thinking about it. I need a Valium, maybe more than one, lol!
I will be praying for you and sitting next to you so you can grip my hand. I also have a trepidation of dentists, have since my very first dentist visit.
I am sure it will go well, and you will be SO relieved when it is over.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69265 Apr 25, 2013
"Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it,than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny,denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such."

Henry Miller

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69266 Apr 25, 2013
"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69267 Apr 27, 2013
Good Morning Ladies

Queen I hope your dentist appt went well.

Murph have you heard if Makenzie is doing any better?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69268 Apr 27, 2013
Hi Liz and All:

My faves in order on American Idol (very difficult to choose between them!).

1. Cree
2. Candace
3. Angie
4. Amber

I think maybe the judges saved Amber this week and next week they'll combine scores to hopefully give her another save.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69269 Apr 27, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. This is our second day of much needed rain.

Liz, I haven't heard an update on Makenzie. I haven't talked to my friend since Monday night and Makenzie's mom hasn't posted since the day she was hoping to be released but wasn't because of her stomach problems. I hope they got that tube out of her chest. It was causing her a lot of pain.

What are all y'all up to today?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69270 Apr 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. This is our second day of much needed rain.
Liz, I haven't heard an update on Makenzie. I haven't talked to my friend since Monday night and Makenzie's mom hasn't posted since the day she was hoping to be released but wasn't because of her stomach problems. I hope they got that tube out of her chest. It was causing her a lot of pain.
What are all y'all up to today?
It would be great if Makenzie's stomach problem was solved and her chest tube was pulled and she was out of the hospital by now or hopefully soon.
Today is summer haircut day. We actually had a day of 71 degrees and a day of 74 degrees.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69271 Apr 27, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be great if Makenzie's stomach problem was solved and her chest tube was pulled and she was out of the hospital by now or hopefully soon.
Today is summer haircut day. We actually had a day of 71 degrees and a day of 74 degrees.
My kind of weather! We knew about the storms yesterday, but I don't think we were prepared for it being dark and rainy today.
As you know, it all depends on which weather channel you tune in. I can be reading one thing on weatherbug and my DIL can be reading something opposite on her phone.
I 3

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#69272 Apr 27, 2013
http://www.doctorericknows.com/author-winning...

Good evening ladies. I posted this on the Let's Chat thread and thought I would post it on the lane also for all of you Inspirational Ladies. It is about a University of South Florida (which is in Tampa) professor. He has written strategies for successful aging. Some of you are so brave with handling the pain you live with daily. I'm amazed at some of the things you accomplish living with so much pain and you ALL seem to make the best of it. I'm impressed with the way you handle your struggles and seem to take it in all stride.

Inspiration Lane ended up being a very fitting name for this thread as you are all truly inspirational.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69273 Apr 27, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
http://www.doctorericknows.com/author-winning...
Good evening ladies. I posted this on the Let's Chat thread and thought I would post it on the lane also for all of you Inspirational Ladies. It is about a University of South Florida (which is in Tampa) professor. He has written strategies for successful aging. Some of you are so brave with handling the pain you live with daily. I'm amazed at some of the things you accomplish living with so much pain and you ALL seem to make the best of it. I'm impressed with the way you handle your struggles and seem to take it in all stride.
Inspiration Lane ended up being a very fitting name for this thread as you are all truly inspirational.
Thank you, Tribe. This sounds like a really good book. I will look for it.
I just checked out,"Grace More Than We Deserve Greater Than We Can Imagine" by Max Lucado. I have most of his books and have never read one that I didn't like, so I know I am going to like this one.
I hope you are your family are doing well.
We are pretty excited--we have two new baby boys coming. One is due June 10 and the other is due September 4.
Nevaeh is going to have a baby brother. She is pretty excited. SHe has been saying she wants a baby boy. She is already planning all the ways she is going to help her dad with the new baby. He told her early on that he is going to need her help and she has taken that very seriously. They just found out on Wednesday that it is a boy. Grandma is in Branson today, buying baby boy stuff.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69274 Apr 28, 2013
Good Morning Ladies.

Murph that's cute about Nevaeh wanting to help out with the new baby. I bet she'll be a pro in no time at all.
When Zach was born my daughter was about 8 and thought she had her very own living doll.

She was changing his diaper and his outfits every hour regardless if he needed it or not.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Tribe. This sounds like a really good book. I will look for it.
I just checked out,"Grace More Than We Deserve Greater Than We Can Imagine" by Max Lucado. I have most of his books and have never read one that I didn't like, so I know I am going to like this one.
I hope you are your family are doing well.
We are pretty excited--we have two new baby boys coming. One is due June 10 and the other is due September 4.
Nevaeh is going to have a baby brother. She is pretty excited. SHe has been saying she wants a baby boy. She is already planning all the ways she is going to help her dad with the new baby. He told her early on that he is going to need her help and she has taken that very seriously. They just found out on Wednesday that it is a boy. Grandma is in Branson today, buying baby boy stuff.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#69275 Apr 28, 2013
Hi Beatnick,

I don't like the way the rigged the show this year as far as the boy's went. They knew none of them had a shot at winning or any type of audience appeal.

Amber is my favorite
Candice and Kree are tied
Angie last place, there's just something about her that seems fake and she's seems to be expecting to win.

I'm thinking Amber had the least amount of votes. For some reason she just doesn't connect with the viewers. Hopefully this week she picks good songs and blows everyone away.

I'm looking forward to see what happens this week. Kree was in trouble last week and the viewers started voting for her. Candice and Amber are in trouble this week so they might end up with more votes because of it. If that's the case then Angie and Kree could be in the bottom two. Week 4 always seems to be a shocker week. Angie could be the one getting the boot since Kree is probably taking all the country votes now that Janelle is gone.
beatnick wrote:
Hi Liz and All:
My faves in order on American Idol (very difficult to choose between them!).
1. Cree
2. Candace
3. Angie
4. Amber
I think maybe the judges saved Amber this week and next week they'll combine scores to hopefully give her another save.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69276 Apr 28, 2013
LizW wrote:
Hi Beatnick,
I don't like the way the rigged the show this year as far as the boy's went. They knew none of them had a shot at winning or any type of audience appeal.
Amber is my favorite
Candice and Kree are tied
Angie last place, there's just something about her that seems fake and she's seems to be expecting to win.
I'm thinking Amber had the least amount of votes. For some reason she just doesn't connect with the viewers. Hopefully this week she picks good songs and blows everyone away.
I'm looking forward to see what happens this week. Kree was in trouble last week and the viewers started voting for her. Candice and Amber are in trouble this week so they might end up with more votes because of it. If that's the case then Angie and Kree could be in the bottom two. Week 4 always seems to be a shocker week. Angie could be the one getting the boot since Kree is probably taking all the country votes now that Janelle is gone.
<quoted text>
I agree, the boys didn't have a chance. I liked Lazaro, but his last 2 songs were too weak to keep him on.
Amber seems one of those that can be really appreciated, but doesn't have completely universal appeal. I would like her to blow everyone out of the water with a great song too.
Cree has a country twang and picks tunes that suit her voice.
Candice can do so much with any song.
Angie doesn't have much stage presence, without her piano she looks like "Barbi" with the same lack of movement too. But with her piano I kind of lose the song.
Don't get me wrong, I think they're all very talented and with the right producer and agent any one of them could have a shining career.
I have no idea who will go this next week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min bigbong 54,321
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min pencils and crayons 1,263,764
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 97,458
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 5 hr Doug77 9,377
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 6 hr Milee 18,342
The alphabet (Jun '06) 7 hr Doug77 1,395
Brad Neff 5 Star Landscape and Maintance LLC 8 hr Randy Thompson 1
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr ANGHARAD 501,500
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages