“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69250 Apr 23, 2013
Murph just wait and see what happens. Keep positive that everything will workout just fine. It sounds like the same injury my nephew had from football. He had the operation and therapy during the off season and was able to continue playing ball. He'll be home in a couple weeks and I'll ask him the details and let you know.

I'll keep praying for GS.
Murph wrote:
I just got some heartbreaking news. I coud just sit down and bawl like a baby. And might.
My 16 year-old GS, the ball player, had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon two weeks ago. He said GS's shoulder was messed up and ordered an MRI. He had the MRI last Monday and found out he had a "Significant Labric Tear". They told his parents that the orthopedic surgeon would probably want to consult with another doctor about surgery. They had the follow-up appointment with the ortho this morning. He wants him to go to a specialist in Wichita.
Meanwhile, his coach moved him from center field to first base so he wouldn't have to throw so far. Now, he is having difficulty even throwing from first base.
He is signed up to play for a team in Olathe, as soon as high school ball is over. Nike Combat Gear clothing line asked to sponsor this team. They travel all over, and GS has been So excited about playing. They drove every Saturday until high school ball started, for practice with this team.
They have videos and news articles that they have kept since he was12 years old, for scholarhip purposes. This is breaking my heart, thinking his baseball career could be over before he even gets to college.
Damn, life can be So Unfair!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69252 Apr 23, 2013
Good morning Liz and Allbodies. I hope your day is good. It is raining here this morning.
Liz, that is very nice of your ex to do that. He must be a really good person.
I know GS would really appreciate hearing about someone who had the surgery and was able to play well again.
We appreciate the prayers and we are praying for your sister.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69253 Apr 23, 2013
GS can't get in to see the specialist in Wichita until June 19th.

I am clicking my pen. Click click click
Clickety clickety clickety.

Y'all better have some realistic-looking excuses. If I have to load ol' Clyde up and send him out in this drizzle to find y'all..........

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69254 Apr 23, 2013
"You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want."

Zig Ziglar
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69255 Apr 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
((((( Queen )))))) That post is far from pathetic. It's during the rough times that I think we find out who our true friends are.For the past couple of weeks my sister has been sick in the hospital and I've been beside myself with worry. When I've been too upset to drive my ex husband has been taking me to the hospital and waiting for me there and he lives almost a hour away. It's been a difficult time and he's really come thru for us. I'll be eternally grateful.<quoted text>
Thank you Liz! Your ex sounds like a very good person, I'm praying for your sister to make a full recovery.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69256 Apr 23, 2013
Thanks Murph. Just as soon as my sister is up to it I'll ask her about my nephew's surgery.
If her blood work comes out okay tomorrow she might be coming home.
Murph wrote:
Good morning Liz and Allbodies. I hope your day is good. It is raining here this morning.
Liz, that is very nice of your ex to do that. He must be a really good person.
I know GS would really appreciate hearing about someone who had the surgery and was able to play well again.
We appreciate the prayers and we are praying for your sister.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69257 Apr 23, 2013
Thanks Queen. I'm lucky he was there with me because for awhile I thought I was going to lose my cookies.

BTW......I read about your garden and it sounds amazing. How soon before you be getting some produce?
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Liz! Your ex sounds like a very good person, I'm praying for your sister to make a full recovery.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69258 Apr 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
Thanks Queen. I'm lucky he was there with me because for awhile I thought I was going to lose my cookies.
BTW......I read about your garden and it sounds amazing. How soon before you be getting some produce?<quoted text>
I am so glad you had someone with you. I know how worried you have been about her.
I pray that she will soon be home and feeling well again.

Cajun needs to send us some pictures of her garden!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69259 Apr 23, 2013
Makenzie Update:
Makenzie till hasn't been dismissed. The rejection issues seem to be under control, but her stomach/colon aren't working very well because of the pain meds. This causes a lot of pressure around the chest tube, and is causing her a lot of pain.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69260 Apr 24, 2013
Sorry to hear that Murph. I'm praying for Makenzie and her family.
Murph wrote:
Makenzie Update:
Makenzie till hasn't been dismissed. The rejection issues seem to be under control, but her stomach/colon aren't working very well because of the pain meds. This causes a lot of pressure around the chest tube, and is causing her a lot of pain.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69261 Apr 24, 2013
There is a neat story on the front page today. A little grl is turning 5 in May and, instead of birthday presents, she wants people to make donations to Makenzie. Her older sister did this last year and asked for stuff that could be donated to an animal rescue in Topeka. She got a whole pickup load of needed stuff for the animals.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69262 Apr 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
There is a neat story on the front page today. A little grl is turning 5 in May and, instead of birthday presents, she wants people to make donations to Makenzie. Her older sister did this last year and asked for stuff that could be donated to an animal rescue in Topeka. She got a whole pickup load of needed stuff for the animals.
Awesome girls, I bet they have wonderful parents, very inspiring!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69263 Apr 24, 2013
Y'all say a quick prayer for me, I have an abscessed tooth and a dentist appt. tomorrow and have I ever mentioned I am absolutely terrified of dentists. I have had two extremely bad experiences with anesthesia not working, I feel like throwing up just thinking about it. I need a Valium, maybe more than one, lol!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69264 Apr 24, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
Y'all say a quick prayer for me, I have an abscessed tooth and a dentist appt. tomorrow and have I ever mentioned I am absolutely terrified of dentists. I have had two extremely bad experiences with anesthesia not working, I feel like throwing up just thinking about it. I need a Valium, maybe more than one, lol!
I will be praying for you and sitting next to you so you can grip my hand. I also have a trepidation of dentists, have since my very first dentist visit.
I am sure it will go well, and you will be SO relieved when it is over.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69265 Apr 25, 2013
"Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it,than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny,denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such."

Henry Miller

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69266 Apr 25, 2013
"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#69267 Apr 27, 2013
Good Morning Ladies

Queen I hope your dentist appt went well.

Murph have you heard if Makenzie is doing any better?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69268 Apr 27, 2013
Hi Liz and All:

My faves in order on American Idol (very difficult to choose between them!).

1. Cree
2. Candace
3. Angie
4. Amber

I think maybe the judges saved Amber this week and next week they'll combine scores to hopefully give her another save.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69269 Apr 27, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. This is our second day of much needed rain.

Liz, I haven't heard an update on Makenzie. I haven't talked to my friend since Monday night and Makenzie's mom hasn't posted since the day she was hoping to be released but wasn't because of her stomach problems. I hope they got that tube out of her chest. It was causing her a lot of pain.

What are all y'all up to today?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69270 Apr 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. This is our second day of much needed rain.
Liz, I haven't heard an update on Makenzie. I haven't talked to my friend since Monday night and Makenzie's mom hasn't posted since the day she was hoping to be released but wasn't because of her stomach problems. I hope they got that tube out of her chest. It was causing her a lot of pain.
What are all y'all up to today?
It would be great if Makenzie's stomach problem was solved and her chest tube was pulled and she was out of the hospital by now or hopefully soon.
Today is summer haircut day. We actually had a day of 71 degrees and a day of 74 degrees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,129,306
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 16 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 488,897
Nikki's Place - Orlando, FL 21 min Valeria Penny 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min litesong 47,590
The alphabet (Jun '06) 58 min Doug77 1,122
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr janeschinhair 17,724
Winter Park bicyclist dies after collision with... (Sep '08) 5 hr Mwearher 111
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]