Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69191 Apr 18, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
Prayer request, my friend buried her baby sister Tuesday and her grandmother died today, she is devastated. Please keep her in your prayers.
crap....I will
how absolutely miserable
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69192 Apr 18, 2013
Murph wrote:
Younger son came in around 4 and asked if I knew there had been a shooting a block from me. He said he herard it on the scanner that they were to come in (whatever their code is for no lights or sirens) and the ambulance was not to come in until the police gave the ok. It was an hour and a half ago and all the police cars, lights, etc., going on, but I haven't heard what happened. It is just across the street north of the high school.
I can see it all from my patio, and a bunch of people are outside L@@king--too cold for me. I will read about it in the paper.
Oh no, more sad crap. Poor Mom and Dad and family.
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69193 Apr 18, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely love having chickens, they will eat out of my hand and let me touch them now but they won't start laying for 2-3 months. I'm worried I might be over feeding them they are so fat. I'm planting beets for the first time, any suggestions? My GS asked me to plant them but the only way I've ever eaten them is pickled.
You can't go wrong with pickled beets! If canned just plain,....they taste...too earthy for me. Pickled is perfect. They need that sugar and vinegar!
I loved my chickens when we had them for their morning chatter. So quaint to hear them wake up and talk to each other!
I'm guilty! I LOVE CHICKEN CHATTER!
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69194 Apr 18, 2013
snarky wrote:
Happy Monday to allbodies.
Been busier than hell. Good weekend but I feel like I have been whippped. Need to go to work to rest.
Happy tax day.(that really sucked!)
Tell me.
@@!
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69195 Apr 18, 2013
Murph wrote:
Happy Birthday to Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday Dear Shaniiiiiiiieeeeeeeee
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Shani---I hope you have a Great Day.
Well leave me clueless. I, Or a munchkin,... lost the paper I wrote important stuff on! Sorry guys please forgive me.
Happy birthday!
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69196 Apr 18, 2013
Florida Night Shift wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Allodies.
Murph-Am I a lodie?(Thought I was a lady?)
Or are we all odies?
Terrible Day. Prayers just don't seem to be enough.
Queen, sorry I missed you the other day. I read about fresh milk in our area (to be delivered to your door!) and I thought about you and your chickens.
Snarks-I want a job where I can rest. I highly doubt your resting there.
Jean's computer has the right idea. Send her my best when you talk to her, please.
Beat- what? does not equal four.
My best to y'all. Just checking in.
Can't get a word in edgewise around here, so I'll get one in middlewise.
XXXOOO
oh. and - amen again.
Hi Flo! You know my hearts out to you. I'm leaving my pink tupperware to you in my will.
hugs
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69197 Apr 18, 2013
zazz wrote:
"If the person you're talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
Winnie the Pooh
I think you are sort of a doll baby.
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69198 Apr 18, 2013
Mom passed on April 10th. one year ago.
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69199 Apr 18, 2013
Jean wrote:
My computer has a mind of own. I cried when I thought it was crashed. Love you all!
DANG!......Hope you can still communicate?
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69200 Apr 18, 2013
zazz wrote:
"Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change."
Author Unknown
letting go of heinous acts, absolves the sinner, and burdens the innocent.
Marley

Hancock, MD

#69201 Apr 18, 2013
zazz wrote:
"There is only so much energy available to us in life.
"Spending it on solving problems is one possible way of living your life, but this may leave you empty-hearted; spending it on what excites you is a lot more fulfilling and fun -- and effortless; and usually, the previously experienced problems vanish on their own. We don't have to battle against the darkness when all we need to do is turn on the light."
Andrea Moritz
Wise words oh Zazzmo!
Good night, so long
Click the switch ladies!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69205 Apr 19, 2013
Marley God Bless your Mom, You and your entire family.
Marley wrote:
Mom passed on April 10th. one year ago.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69206 Apr 19, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day. I have great news and a heartfelt thank you for those who prayed for Makenzie.
She is released from the hospital!!!!!
Her evaluations began on March 11. By March 13th, her health had deteriorated so badly that they fast-tracked the evaluations. A week ago Tuesday, they called to say they had lungs for her. Because of the storms raging across the country, there was a 13 hour delay getting the lungs to her.
The lungs didn't arrive until 7 PM Wednesday night( a week ago Wednesday).

Even though she is released, the family will continue to stay in the temporary home they have that is 15 minutes away from University of Texas Southwest Medical Center in Dallas. They have to stay 3-4 more months while she has physical and occupational therapy, daily blood-work, and all kinds of stuff.
Once they get to come home (back here) she will have to go to Dallas once a month for more testing.

It is truly a miracle. Prayers were going up for Makenzie Constantly.

Tonight they are a having a huge fund raising for her, with shrimp boil, silent auction, and a dance. They are hoping to be able to Skype this.

Everyone in town is so overjoyed for Makenzie and her family.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69207 Apr 19, 2013
Murph, thank you for the update, I have been wondering. Makenzie is a brave little girl and remains in my prayers.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69208 Apr 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
Murph, thank you for the update, I have been wondering. Makenzie is a brave little girl and remains in my prayers.
Zazz--If you do Facebook, you can go to Jennifer Forbes and I believe her mom has posted some pictures of her and her younger sister, also born with Cystic Fibrosis.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69209 Apr 19, 2013
Oh No! After I posted that, I went to her page. She didn't get released after all. Her white count had been high a couple of days ago. They thought it was from the port for her medicine, so they surgically removed the port. Now there is some rejection going on. The doctors are telling them not to be concerned.((??))

Level 8

Location hidden

#69210 Apr 19, 2013
"I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others."

Grace Kelly

Level 8

Location hidden

#69211 Apr 19, 2013
Thanks Murph.

I am heavy hearted tonight. Today my friend buried her little precious 9 year old daughter, She died in her sleep Wednesday morning, totally unexpected. He had been ill but was thought to be dong well.

Last week another friend was buried. A 45 year old man who leaves behind a wife and 3 young children.

Add that to the national news this week and I've been in constant prayer mode.

Think tonight I'll go into drink mode.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69212 Apr 19, 2013
Sorry to hear about the latest turn of events. I don't do Facebook but will log on under a friend's account and check her out. Prayers.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69213 Apr 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
Thanks Murph.
I am heavy hearted tonight. Today my friend buried her little precious 9 year old daughter, She died in her sleep Wednesday morning, totally unexpected. He had been ill but was thought to be dong well.
Last week another friend was buried. A 45 year old man who leaves behind a wife and 3 young children.
Add that to the national news this week and I've been in constant prayer mode.
Think tonight I'll go into drink mode.
I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it is like joy will utterly transform us, sometimes we feel like the grief will surely crush us. Sometimes they are so closely intertwined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,566,104
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) 51 min lnash724 62
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 513,336
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,374
One Word (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,545
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,654
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,015

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages