Murph

Wichita, KS

#69099 Apr 10, 2013
Please pray for Makenzie . She is the daughter of my best friend's cousin. You may have seen on my Facebook about the fund raiser they were having for her. They have found matching lungs. They are running more tests on the lungs and more tests on Makenzie, but she should be in surgery within the hour. Please pray for her.
She and her sister were both born with cystic fibrosis. They could both sing like angels and were the highlights of my 16 year-old GS's Christmas programs when he was in grade school.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69100 Apr 10, 2013
"Life is truly a ride. We're all strapped in, and no one can stop it. As you make your way from youth to adulthood to maturity, sometimes you put your arms up and scream; sometimes you just hang onto the bar in front of you. But the ride is the thing. I think the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair is messed up, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up."

Jerry Seinfeld

Level 8

Location hidden

#69101 Apr 10, 2013
Hope you all like the quote.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69102 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
Hope you all like the quote.
I have liked all the quotes.

We are getting rain.- A very cold rain. It started just when I went out to clean the dog pen. By the time I was done, I was soaked to the bone and freezing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69103 Apr 10, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I have liked all the quotes.
We are getting rain.- A very cold rain. It started just when I went out to clean the dog pen. By the time I was done, I was soaked to the bone and freezing.
Hope you don't come down with a cold. It's warm here and quite beautiful. I could never live in a cold climate.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69104 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you don't come down with a cold. It's warm here and quite beautiful. I could never live in a cold climate.
It is supposed to get down to 29 degrees tonight! Oh, my poor budding tulips, poor rose bushes, poor Everything.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69105 Apr 10, 2013
They didn't take Makenzie to prep until 4:30. They still aren't sure that the lungs are a match, but if they are, she will be in surgery 6-10 hours.
Sure would appreciate prayer for her.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#69107 Apr 10, 2013
Murph wrote:
They didn't take Makenzie to prep until 4:30. They still aren't sure that the lungs are a match, but if they are, she will be in surgery 6-10 hours.
Sure would appreciate prayer for her.
Praying now Murph
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69109 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
When that happens, if you click on the back arrow at upper left screen it should take you back to what you were typing.
Thanks. I will try that next time.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69110 Apr 10, 2013
The lungs are a 'go'. Makenzie is in surgery now.

Level 8

Location hidden

#69111 Apr 10, 2013
My prayers are going out for Makenzie and all of the doctors involved in the surgery. God bless.

I'll check back for an update.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69112 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
My prayers are going out for Makenzie and all of the doctors involved in the surgery. God bless.
I'll check back for an update.
Thank you so much. One lung went in at 11:30. Was expecting another update by now, but nothing yet.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69114 Apr 11, 2013
Murph wrote:
Please pray for Makenzie . She is the daughter of my best friend's cousin. You may have seen on my Facebook about the fund raiser they were having for her. They have found matching lungs. They are running more tests on the lungs and more tests on Makenzie, but she should be in surgery within the hour. Please pray for her.
She and her sister were both born with cystic fibrosis. They could both sing like angels and were the highlights of my 16 year-old GS's Christmas programs when he was in grade school.
For her and skill, and wisdom for the surgeons and nurses.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69115 Apr 11, 2013
I didn't dare plug the computer in yesterday.
We had lightning crackling in the sky ALL day, I've NEVER seen so much! The thunder was almost as continous. I could feel it vibrate the floors of the house. in late afternoon we had a 45 minute downpour with hail. Thunder and lightning continued well into the night. Spooky
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69116 Apr 11, 2013
A big prayer for Makenzie that she tolerates surgery well and has a lifetime of easy breathing.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69117 Apr 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
"Life is truly a ride. We're all strapped in, and no one can stop it. As you make your way from youth to adulthood to maturity, sometimes you put your arms up and scream; sometimes you just hang onto the bar in front of you. But the ride is the thing. I think the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair is messed up, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up."
Jerry Seinfeld
Are you talking to Murph or everybody?
Sense I don't know for sure I'll put in my two cents too.
Yes I like the quotes! Jerry Seinfeld cracks me up.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69118 Apr 11, 2013
Marley wrote:
I didn't dare plug the computer in yesterday.
We had lightning crackling in the sky ALL day, I've NEVER seen so much! The thunder was almost as continous. I could feel it vibrate the floors of the house. in late afternoon we had a 45 minute downpour with hail. Thunder and lightning continued well into the night. Spooky
That is a bit much when it goes on and on.
We had a big wind yesterday, lost our electricity for an hour but in some other areas of town it was 6-8 hours of no lights.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69119 Apr 11, 2013
At 5 Am, Makenzie's dad posted that both lungs were in and Working and they wer closing her up.
Thank you, Jesus!!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69120 Apr 11, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. Thank you for the prayers for Makenzie.

Marley, I don't know how I would feel about it going on all day long, but that sounds awesome. I just know that if we could get lots of big thunder and lightning, my back would ease off enough to let me catch my breath.

Beatnick, it sounds like you and Marley got the storms that had been predicted for here. Not sure how cold it got last night, but it is 36 right now.
My grandson put out tomato plants on Sunday--one of those live and learn things!
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#69121 Apr 11, 2013
That is fantastically great news Murph!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,156,476
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 49,375
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr jrw 96,719
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Murphey_Law 490,375
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 9 hr The Real Missy 17,711
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) Sat eddie 45
Notebooks Sat Tan 1
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]