Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#69081 Apr 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
I woke up this morning hearing this song in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mFgHG8uitdoXX
I can't remember what I was dreaming.
But I feel relaxed and well rested.
funny how a mind works!
I just heard the other day that when a song runs through your head over and over again it's called an "earworm". I had never heard of it before, but I think it happens to everyone at some time or another. It IS funny how a mind works.
:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69082 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that with you. I miss those red socks, even though I have my own now, thanks to a lovely friend.
I love Snarky's red socks also, Murph.

I saw a woman at Wal-Mart who was picking up a prescription. She was dressed in red socks, those kind you get from the hospital with the white dots on the bottom so you won't skid. She had them on with her shorts and flipflops. It made me think of the Wal-Mart video on Youtube that has gone viral making fun of Wal-Mart shopper's clothing they wear when shopping.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#69083 Apr 9, 2013
Hello Allbodies! I think Marie may have fixed my problem about getting on to post, we will see.
Have a great day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69084 Apr 9, 2013
I could easily be in one of those Walmart video's!!!!!!
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Snarky's red socks also, Murph.
I saw a woman at Wal-Mart who was picking up a prescription. She was dressed in red socks, those kind you get from the hospital with the white dots on the bottom so you won't skid. She had them on with her shorts and flipflops. It made me think of the Wal-Mart video on Youtube that has gone viral making fun of Wal-Mart shopper's clothing they wear when shopping.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69085 Apr 9, 2013
Jean wrote:
Hello Allbodies! I think Marie may have fixed my problem about getting on to post, we will see.
Have a great day.
I hope so Jean. Nice to 'see' you here. Sending a good day your way.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69086 Apr 9, 2013
Murph what's the weather looking like now? I'll be praying for you cousin and the other people of Joplin.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69087 Apr 9, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ demerits.
I had a 4th grade teacher who scared us to our wit's end about her dang demerits.
She gave me a few thousand one day because I ran at recess from a girl who claimed she had lice. Our class was not allowed to run or play at recess. That was for heathens.
Whoa! I thought I had a couple of mean teachers, but your has mine beat. What the samhill did she think recess was For???
I have always wondered why people who hated children sometimes went into teaching.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69088 Apr 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
I could easily be in one of those Walmart video's!!!!!!<quoted text>
Hey Liz! I probably could too. I hate to make fun of others. I'm sure I don't look any better. Sometimes I try. Sometimes I don't. It looks to me some dress that way to attract attention. Others don't have much to wear. I would never want to offend anyone's clothing or sense of style.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69089 Apr 9, 2013
Tribe........I think it was you that I was chatting with about kid's cars. This weekend I finally decided to sell the Dudemobile ( Zach's car). Some guy who works on cars bought it the first day we had it for sale. It was turning into the money pit. I was praying the guy would at least make it out of the neighborhood with the car before it totally bit the dust.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69090 Apr 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
Murph what's the weather looking like now? I'll be praying for you cousin and the other people of Joplin.
Thank you for the prayers. I am sure she and all the Joplin people appreciate them.
So far, it is just cloudy here.

Joplin got a truck load of government money from that tornado, but they are using it for fine arts centers, etc., not anything that would help the actual victims. Many of the people who, like my cousin, are retired or nearing retirement age, lived in homes that were 25+ years old. My cousin's house was stone and over a hundred years old. They were budgeting for retirement based on the taxes they were paying. Now, they have brand new homes (built of toothpicks, cousin says), so their taxes are taking a heck of a leap. It was bad enough that they lost everything they had, now they feel that the city is penalizing them for living in new homes that They Didn't Want, and are substandard in quality to what they had.
Murph

Derby, KS

#69091 Apr 9, 2013
Jean wrote:
Have a great day.
Well, get on and post again, so we will know.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69092 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! I thought I had a couple of mean teachers, but your has mine beat. What the samhill did she think recess was For???
I have always wondered why people who hated children sometimes went into teaching.
Good afternoon Murph!

She was a strange bird indeed. I was chosen (by her) to be class president. I was the line leader because of my last name (alphabetical order). I was also the librarian for our class and kind of (all around) class pet. It was kind of embarrassing. I think that's why she gave me so many demerits. She was only teacher I ever had that allowed no activity during recess. She thought running was improper, PERIOD.

I went to visit her when I was in Jr High School and was a little hurt when she couldn't remember me. At the last minute she said to me, "Oh, you're the little dead girl's sister." True Story! I think she was getting Alzheimers or senile or both.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#69093 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, get on and post again, so we will know.
;-)
zerosum

United States

#69094 Apr 9, 2013
"Do not give up. In due season the seeds you've planted will reap an amazing harvest."

Thema Davis
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#69095 Apr 9, 2013
Didn't work a few tmes. Nothing going on in my life that is interesting. kinda tired today.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69096 Apr 9, 2013
major compute problems going on here. my keyboard quit working so i changed keyboards. same problem.
now, it finally let me type in my name but, after that, every time i hit the shift key, it throws me either back to the main topix page or back to yahoo....

i was trying so hard to talk to y'all.

they have moved our storm time from 4 pm to 9 pm.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#69097 Apr 10, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph did the storms bypass Joplin? I just googled it and it said no current advisories were in effect.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69098 Apr 10, 2013
This is so weird-I had a post nearly done and hit shift for the last sentence, and t sent me back to yahoo.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a great day.
We got some rain in the early mornin hours. Thank God, Joplin didn't get anything but rain.
What are all y'all up to today?
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#69099 Apr 10, 2013
Please pray for Makenzie . She is the daughter of my best friend's cousin. You may have seen on my Facebook about the fund raiser they were having for her. They have found matching lungs. They are running more tests on the lungs and more tests on Makenzie, but she should be in surgery within the hour. Please pray for her.
She and her sister were both born with cystic fibrosis. They could both sing like angels and were the highlights of my 16 year-old GS's Christmas programs when he was in grade school.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#69100 Apr 10, 2013
"Life is truly a ride. We're all strapped in, and no one can stop it. As you make your way from youth to adulthood to maturity, sometimes you put your arms up and scream; sometimes you just hang onto the bar in front of you. But the ride is the thing. I think the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair is messed up, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up."

Jerry Seinfeld

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min VetnorsGate 1,479,502
News DUI Defendant Drinks 12-Pack at Court - (Oct '07) 1 hr Dudley 47
Help capture Markeith loyd 2 hr Windy 2
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 13,127
two words (Jul '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 27,936
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 19,299
News Pulse nightclub massacre is Florida's top story... 4 hr Zackery 7

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance