|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
It was beautiful! Part of their ceremony was flowers and candles to honor their fathers. I got this beautiful Canna Lily wrist corsage.
The kids were so beautiful.
Friday night, son was flashing the really nice watch the bride had given him. I am so flippin' dense--I was coomplimenting the bride on her bling and told her it was beautiful---hell, I was talking about her sparkly shirt and didn't even notice the lovely necklace he had given her. Daughter mentioned yesterday how beautiful necklace he had given the bride. I told her I hadn't even noticed it--I was looking at her shirt!
Our former neighbor, semi-retired from pastoring, conducted the ceremony and mentioned that he had had the pleasure of watching son grow into a fine young man when we were neighbors.
I took 43 pictures and got the photographer's butt in half of them.
The reception was lovely, too. The bride's and groom's first dance was to 'Angel Eyes'. A little girl got out on the dance floor and wanted to dance, too. They picked her up and did part of the dance holding her and dancing with her. It was really sweet.
The dinner was excellent.
After the bride and groom first dance, i knew I had to leave. I didn't want any of my kids to miss any of their brother's reception, so my best friend and her cousin, the friend who helps me, brought me home. My bones wanted to go home at (actually before the ceremony). We had to be there at 3:30 for pictures of the groom and his family, then after the wedding of the two of them and pictures of the bride's family. By then, it was after 6,***and time to head for the reception.
I knew my bones were not going to let up enough to let me sleep, but I sure enjoyed the mattress pad turned up to 5. I was up every hour, loading pictures, watering house plants, etc.
AFter two nights of hugging people and celebrating, my body has had a workout. People would come up and hug me and tell me I looked lovely and they hadn't seen me in such a long time. AFter they left, I would ask daughters, "Who was that?"
The bride and groom are so happy and we are all so happy for them
Can't wait to see them!(I assume you will be emailing them to us?) Please!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Marley wrote:
I woke up this morning hearing this song in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I can't remember what I was dreaming.
But I feel relaxed and well rested.
funny how a mind works!
You wake up with hearing songs in your head? I don't think that's ever happened to me, but I do get songs stuck in my head at other times. It's SOOO annoying if you don't like the song. Ya know, like "It's a small world". Ugh. The worst to get stuck in your head! At least yours was a good song.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Marley wrote:
(((((Snarky!))))
I hope everything and everyone at your house is O.K.?
It's all good at home. Work is another story. It has gone to hell in a handbasket. But it should get better soon.

Jr. finishes his play today. It's been a long haul for him, but he has enjoyed it.

I think next on his list are some choral performances. I have a hard time keeping up.
zerosum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

"Do not give up. In due season the seeds you've planted will reap an amazing harvest."

Thema Davis
zerosum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Sounds like a wonderful wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait to see them!(I assume you will be emailing them to us?) Please!
Yes, I got a few that weren't of the photographer's butt. I will try to send some tomorrow.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've been vacationing on the French Riviera. But alas, I had to put my top back on and come home.
Just think how much fun you are going to have flashing people with that tan.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

zerosum wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom.
Thank you,Zerosum. They will be leaving on their honeymoon on Thursday.
zerosum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I got a few that weren't of the photographer's butt. I will try to send some tomorrow.
ROFLMAO. Wish I could see them.

I always cry at weddings. Such promise, such beautiful words, so much love.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO. Wish I could see them.
I always cry at weddings. Such promise, such beautiful words, so much love.
I managed not to cry, but it was hard when they lit the candles in honor of their fathers.
Also, they had to pause in the middle of cutting the cake to share a kiss.
They had beautiful glasses ready for their champaigne toast, then the bride's brother insisted she open his gift to them. It was mason jars on stems. They used them!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

It loooks like we could have tornadoeon Tuesday.
Joplin, that got hit so Very hard 2 years ago, seems to be in the track of more tornadic weather.

Some of the people there are still in counseling from the big one. My cousin said she thinks the reason she and her husband were able to go on and rebuild is that they had each lost a child several years ago. SHe said once a person has survived that, losing everything in a tornado seems pretty minor.
zerosum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I managed not to cry, but it was hard when they lit the candles in honor of their fathers.
Also, they had to pause in the middle of cutting the cake to share a kiss.
They had beautiful glasses ready for their champaigne toast, then the bride's brother insisted she open his gift to them. It was mason jars on stems. They used them!
Sounds spectacular.

I cry whether it's relatives or friends. Just can't help it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
I thought I was going to have a third consecutive sleepless night, but I finally went to sleep around 2 AM. I woke up at 9. My friend was here, quietly dusting, so she wouldn't wake me up.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

zerosum wrote:
"It doesn't matter if the song of life that you sing is simple or complicated. All that matters is how much you put into that song. Your life is controlled only by what you give to it. You won't get anything from it if you don't put feeling into life.
That's why people fall in love. If they give that feeling, they get it back. Put all you've got into this life, and when the day comes for you to pass on, you won't regret what you did."
Author unknown
There is a lot of truth in that. I think the closer we get to the end, the more we regret the things that we didn't do.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Been sittin' here for five hours. Ain't nobody talkin' to me.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Murph wrote:
Been sittin' here for five hours. Ain't nobody talkin' to me.
Morning Murph,

Sorry about no chatter yesterday.
We were gone all day.
Bear had his Doctor app. in Pittsburgh.
It was a Long drive in heavy traffic.
Docs. did what they call a quick test,....I guess we wait and see if there is a lessening of his back pain.
I noticed right away after the test, that his voice didn't sound as strained....maybe only because he is so hopeful. We will see.
We got back and went directly to a restaurant to unwind, and linger over a nice supper.
I don't usually crawl into bed at 8;30 but I did last night.

We had a nice thunderstorm last night, lots of rumbles, lightning, and rain. The grass looks a brighter shade of green this morning. The moss up towards the woods in back of the house has become almost a flourescent green. Very pretty.

Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Second cup of coffee.
I can see our daffodils are getting some pale buds on them.
I noticed that they are already blooming down in Pittsburgh, and a lot of their trees down that way have green buds. It's amazing what a difference there is in the weather just going 90 miles south!
It's 50* this morning, so it should warm up a little more this afternoon.
I absolutely must shop for birthday cards today or it will be to late to get them sent on time. I need to get Bear's prescriptions filled, and several other MUST do
errands
Not very exciting.
I might reward myself with a small icecream cone. chuckle
Our local D.Q. has come out of winter hibernation and is open again.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
I thought I was going to have a third consecutive sleepless night, but I finally went to sleep around 2 AM. I woke up at 9. My friend was here, quietly dusting, so she wouldn't wake me up.
Bless her heart!
I'm surprised the dogs didn't bark. lol If I came out of the bedroom and found someone moving around in my house I'd probably have a heart attack!
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Yippee! The sun has come out!
I'd better get to work on my hair since I'm going out. I've got a problem with "KRAMER" hair this morning.
I just remembered I have a Lowes gift card burning a hole in my wallet! This day is looking better and better!
When Bear wakes up, I'm going to try to talk him into going with me. I will try bribing him with a store bought breakfast, and a newspaper for him to read in the car if he gets tired of walking.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good at home. Work is another story. It has gone to hell in a handbasket. But it should get better soon.
Jr. finishes his play today. It's been a long haul for him, but he has enjoyed it.
I think next on his list are some choral performances. I have a hard time keeping up.
I almost missed your red socks. I forgot to look up on the page.
I'm happy you checked in. You don't want to get demerits!

Sorry about work. Is it the end of a fiscal year or something?
I'm glad to hear everybody at home is feeling well.
Sounds like you and Jr. could use a little "unwind" time.
I hope today is a good day for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,083,141
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min mememine69 45,871
What life is like for Casey Anthony 21 min Lon Spector 55
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 53 min Lon Spector 167
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Panamaed 2,929
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 484,329
Does Mickey Perform Oral On Goofy Or Donald At... 9 hr TheHeadMouse 2
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••