zerosum

United States

#69056 Apr 7, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I got a few that weren't of the photographer's butt. I will try to send some tomorrow.
ROFLMAO. Wish I could see them.

I always cry at weddings. Such promise, such beautiful words, so much love.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69057 Apr 7, 2013
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO. Wish I could see them.
I always cry at weddings. Such promise, such beautiful words, so much love.
I managed not to cry, but it was hard when they lit the candles in honor of their fathers.
Also, they had to pause in the middle of cutting the cake to share a kiss.
They had beautiful glasses ready for their champaigne toast, then the bride's brother insisted she open his gift to them. It was mason jars on stems. They used them!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69058 Apr 7, 2013
It loooks like we could have tornadoeon Tuesday.
Joplin, that got hit so Very hard 2 years ago, seems to be in the track of more tornadic weather.

Some of the people there are still in counseling from the big one. My cousin said she thinks the reason she and her husband were able to go on and rebuild is that they had each lost a child several years ago. SHe said once a person has survived that, losing everything in a tornado seems pretty minor.
zerosum

United States

#69059 Apr 7, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I managed not to cry, but it was hard when they lit the candles in honor of their fathers.
Also, they had to pause in the middle of cutting the cake to share a kiss.
They had beautiful glasses ready for their champaigne toast, then the bride's brother insisted she open his gift to them. It was mason jars on stems. They used them!
Sounds spectacular.

I cry whether it's relatives or friends. Just can't help it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69060 Apr 8, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
I thought I was going to have a third consecutive sleepless night, but I finally went to sleep around 2 AM. I woke up at 9. My friend was here, quietly dusting, so she wouldn't wake me up.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69062 Apr 8, 2013
zerosum wrote:
"It doesn't matter if the song of life that you sing is simple or complicated. All that matters is how much you put into that song. Your life is controlled only by what you give to it. You won't get anything from it if you don't put feeling into life.
That's why people fall in love. If they give that feeling, they get it back. Put all you've got into this life, and when the day comes for you to pass on, you won't regret what you did."
Author unknown
There is a lot of truth in that. I think the closer we get to the end, the more we regret the things that we didn't do.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69064 Apr 8, 2013
Been sittin' here for five hours. Ain't nobody talkin' to me.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69066 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
Been sittin' here for five hours. Ain't nobody talkin' to me.
Morning Murph,

Sorry about no chatter yesterday.
We were gone all day.
Bear had his Doctor app. in Pittsburgh.
It was a Long drive in heavy traffic.
Docs. did what they call a quick test,....I guess we wait and see if there is a lessening of his back pain.
I noticed right away after the test, that his voice didn't sound as strained....maybe only because he is so hopeful. We will see.
We got back and went directly to a restaurant to unwind, and linger over a nice supper.
I don't usually crawl into bed at 8;30 but I did last night.

We had a nice thunderstorm last night, lots of rumbles, lightning, and rain. The grass looks a brighter shade of green this morning. The moss up towards the woods in back of the house has become almost a flourescent green. Very pretty.

Marley

New Castle, PA

#69067 Apr 9, 2013
Second cup of coffee.
I can see our daffodils are getting some pale buds on them.
I noticed that they are already blooming down in Pittsburgh, and a lot of their trees down that way have green buds. It's amazing what a difference there is in the weather just going 90 miles south!
It's 50* this morning, so it should warm up a little more this afternoon.
I absolutely must shop for birthday cards today or it will be to late to get them sent on time. I need to get Bear's prescriptions filled, and several other MUST do
errands
Not very exciting.
I might reward myself with a small icecream cone. chuckle
Our local D.Q. has come out of winter hibernation and is open again.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69068 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
I thought I was going to have a third consecutive sleepless night, but I finally went to sleep around 2 AM. I woke up at 9. My friend was here, quietly dusting, so she wouldn't wake me up.
Bless her heart!
I'm surprised the dogs didn't bark. lol If I came out of the bedroom and found someone moving around in my house I'd probably have a heart attack!
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69069 Apr 9, 2013
Yippee! The sun has come out!
I'd better get to work on my hair since I'm going out. I've got a problem with "KRAMER" hair this morning.
I just remembered I have a Lowes gift card burning a hole in my wallet! This day is looking better and better!
When Bear wakes up, I'm going to try to talk him into going with me. I will try bribing him with a store bought breakfast, and a newspaper for him to read in the car if he gets tired of walking.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69070 Apr 9, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good at home. Work is another story. It has gone to hell in a handbasket. But it should get better soon.
Jr. finishes his play today. It's been a long haul for him, but he has enjoyed it.
I think next on his list are some choral performances. I have a hard time keeping up.
I almost missed your red socks. I forgot to look up on the page.
I'm happy you checked in. You don't want to get demerits!

Sorry about work. Is it the end of a fiscal year or something?
I'm glad to hear everybody at home is feeling well.
Sounds like you and Jr. could use a little "unwind" time.
I hope today is a good day for you.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69071 Apr 9, 2013
I'm hoping your weather stays calm Murph.
Have a good day Zee, and allbodies.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69072 Apr 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Murph,
Sorry about no chatter yesterday.
We were gone all day.
Bear had his Doctor app. in Pittsburgh.
It was a Long drive in heavy traffic.
Docs. did what they call a quick test,....I guess we wait and see if there is a lessening of his back pain.
I noticed right away after the test, that his voice didn't sound as strained....maybe only because he is so hopeful. We will see.
We got back and went directly to a restaurant to unwind, and linger over a nice supper.
I don't usually crawl into bed at 8;30 but I did last night.
We had a nice thunderstorm last night, lots of rumbles, lightning, and rain. The grass looks a brighter shade of green this morning. The moss up towards the woods in back of the house has become almost a flourescent green. Very pretty.
I think the insurance companies insist on those 'quick tests'. They want the patient to have two 'diagnostics' and, if both of them help, then they do the ablation.
You're going to have spring before you know it!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69073 Apr 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
Yippee! The sun has come out!
I'd better get to work on my hair since I'm going out. I've got a problem with "KRAMER" hair this morning.
I just remembered I have a Lowes gift card burning a hole in my wallet! This day is looking better and better!
When Bear wakes up, I'm going to try to talk him into going with me. I will try bribing him with a store bought breakfast, and a newspaper for him to read in the car if he gets tired of walking.
You have a Lowe's gift card?? You have a Lowes??? You Go, Girl!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69074 Apr 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
I'm hoping your weather stays calm Murph.
Have a good day Zee, and allbodies.
I don't know which weather station my cousin is watching, but it has her scared to death. When they had their new house built after the tornado years ago, they had a 'safe room' built under it. She worries that if a tornado hits in the daytime, her husband will be at work, and she's not sure her legs will manage the stairs down to the safe room. She's not sure she could force herself to go down into that little room alone.

She said we, also, are in the direct path of the predicted storm. I told her, if we get a tornado warning, everyone will come to my house--then stand in front of the 16 foot glass doors/windows to see if they can see it coming.

The last time we had a tornado warning, I believe was 2 years ago May 22nd, when Joplin got hit. I was outside gathering hailstones then taking pictures and loading them and sending them to y'all.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69075 Apr 9, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have great day. It is cloudy out but I think, if we get any bad weather, it won't start until thi afternoon, with the worst part coming in tonight.

My cousin said ( a couple of days ago) that her barometer was the lowest it had been in two years.
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69076 Apr 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know which weather station my cousin is watching, but it has her scared to death. When they had their new house built after the tornado years ago, they had a 'safe room' built under it. She worries that if a tornado hits in the daytime, her husband will be at work, and she's not sure her legs will manage the stairs down to the safe room. She's not sure she could force herself to go down into that little room alone.
She said we, also, are in the direct path of the predicted storm. I told her, if we get a tornado warning, everyone will come to my house--then stand in front of the 16 foot glass doors/windows to see if they can see it coming.
The last time we had a tornado warning, I believe was 2 years ago May 22nd, when Joplin got hit. I was outside gathering hailstones then taking pictures and loading them and sending them to y'all.
Mornin Glory!

Bear's getting ready to go with me!
Marley

New Castle, PA

#69077 Apr 9, 2013
Tell cousin if she needs to do steps,... turn around and go down them with feet and hands creeping backward and down like a toddler.
Looks silly, but is much safer.

I'm hoping any bad weather dissipates far overhead before it does any damage.

Gotta run. catch ya later.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#69078 Apr 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
Tell cousin if she needs to do steps,... turn around and go down them with feet and hands creeping backward and down like a toddler.
Looks silly, but is much safer.
I'm hoping any bad weather dissipates far overhead before it does any damage.
Gotta run. catch ya later.
I hope you and Bear have a good time on your day out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,153,692
Randy Mcalpin VP Orlando Nissan 25 min POOR SERVICE 10
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 50 min T-REX 490,156
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr B as in B S as in S 49,177
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Vic 96,625
What really happened on air legend Col. Mike Mc... (Oct '07) 2 hr ETrip7 72
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 4 hr Princess Hey 4,322
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 12 hr Riverside 26,175
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:29 am PST

NFL 4:29AM