beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68889 Mar 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
PS--She tells this hilarious story about one of the country boys who had gone to a party and got pretty drunk. He was driving the back roads home and his car broke down. He called her and wanted her to come get him, but he was having a really hard time telling her where he was (he actually didn't Know where he was). She drove the back roads between where the party was and this guy's house. She Found him.
THEN, he is telling her that he had ordered a Pizza and couldn't understand why it hadn't been delivered yet.
She called the pizza place and they said he hadn't ordered a pizza. He was moaning about his pizza until she took him home and made him some bacon and eggs and put him to bed on their couch.
That was some drunk guy! She took good care of him.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68890 Mar 21, 2013
Good morning, Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. We are supposed to get rain, then ice, then snow. It is supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow.
I have fire laid in the fireplace. I can't work the lighter, so I will have to get my friend to light it for me.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68891 Mar 21, 2013
Good morning Lane Ladies

Holy Cow Beat! You were up at the "CRA" of dawn!
It hadn't even "cked" yet. Had it?
teehee

I'm going to get out of this house this afternoon, to do something other than watch little people.
I don't care how cold it is! I'm going stir crazy.
One of the things I want to do is hit the second hand bookstore. The little old fella that runs it is planning on selling.
There is a new second hand shop in town. I want to give it a visit and see if I can find a frame for an old oddly shaped print that I have.
I want to go to Lowes and hang out in the garden and tools section for awhile. I got a flyer that says they have a sale on Fiskars Loppers and Nippers. I've got a gift card son and his wife gave me for my birthday. Haha (She's the won that thought I wanted fingernail nippers for Christmas)
First, I gotta I need to refuel the car. I wonder what the price has rocketed to this week? I wish they still had the full service gas stations. The gas cap on our car is stubborn, and it hurts my fingers twisting it off.
Bear is ready for me to get out of here because I've been talking his ear off. He is trying to read a James Patterson book, and says he doesn't want to go out in the cold.
What a woosie.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68892 Mar 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. We are supposed to get rain, then ice, then snow. It is supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow.
I have fire laid in the fireplace. I can't work the lighter, so I will have to get my friend to light it for me.
Morning Murph!
Try giving the lighter an occupational therapy make over. Is it the kind where you have to pull back the little switch with your thumb? Have someone super glue an extension onto the top of the switch. By doing so, it may enable you to light the lighter by using the side of your hand to pull the switch back in a gun cocking motion.
just a thought
How is the knee you twisted?
Did poor Marley improve her attitude yet?
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68893 Mar 21, 2013
I need to pick up some odds and ends of groceries, and pick out 7 birthday cards. Spring is a busy birthday month.
Good grief, I might be out really late!!!
Maybe till AFTER supper! I'm SUCH a wild woman.
Hahaha Ya'll have a good day!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68894 Mar 21, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning Lane Ladies
Holy Cow Beat! You were up at the "CRA" of dawn!
It hadn't even "cked" yet. Had it?
teehee
I'm going to get out of this house this afternoon, to do something other than watch little people.
I don't care how cold it is! I'm going stir crazy.
One of the things I want to do is hit the second hand bookstore. The little old fella that runs it is planning on selling.
There is a new second hand shop in town. I want to give it a visit and see if I can find a frame for an old oddly shaped print that I have.
I want to go to Lowes and hang out in the garden and tools section for awhile. I got a flyer that says they have a sale on Fiskars Loppers and Nippers. I've got a gift card son and his wife gave me for my birthday. Haha (She's the won that thought I wanted fingernail nippers for Christmas)
First, I gotta I need to refuel the car. I wonder what the price has rocketed to this week? I wish they still had the full service gas stations. The gas cap on our car is stubborn, and it hurts my fingers twisting it off.
Bear is ready for me to get out of here because I've been talking his ear off. He is trying to read a James Patterson book, and says he doesn't want to go out in the cold.
What a woosie.
Sounds like a wonderful outing. Be sure to ask the little old man at the book store about Gladys Tabor books. I promise that you will love them.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68895 Mar 21, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Murph!
Try giving the lighter an occupational therapy make over. Is it the kind where you have to pull back the little switch with your thumb? Have someone super glue an extension onto the top of the switch. By doing so, it may enable you to light the lighter by using the side of your hand to pull the switch back in a gun cocking motion.
just a thought
How is the knee you twisted?
Did poor Marley improve her attitude yet?
I will try that. Thank you.
My knee is doing much better. My whole body is much better except my hands and my back. I walk fairly normally now--God, please let that last until after the wedding.

Marley was acting better, then daughter came and made over her, then was telling Murphy she was a pretty girl, too. Marley is a jealous little thing and didn't want Murphy to get any attention. She snapped and growled at her so I got right in her face and told her, again, to lose the 'tude. She has been fine since then.
She stood at the front door waiting for my friend to come, so she could make over her. She did. Marley was pleased.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68896 Mar 21, 2013
A batch of geese just flew over the house honking at each other, and flying really low. So I guess we are in for some crummy weather this afternoon!
I hope you southern ladies get some sun!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68897 Mar 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a wonderful outing. Be sure to ask the little old man at the book store about Gladys Tabor books. I promise that you will love them.
Thanks, I will add her to my list of books I'd like to find.
If I find everything I have on my list it will have been an expensive trip, second hand or not!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68898 Mar 21, 2013
Dang. Hit a snag. Had to dig for old med. info. on Bear. They are finally setting him up for an app. in April for Radio Frequency ablation. That will be another trip to Pittsburgh.

Speaking of April, I think we have a snarky friend with a birthday in April.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68899 Mar 21, 2013
Hey Allbodies! I hope you are enjoying a nice evening.
((Marley)) Are you home yet? Did you find a Gladys Tabor book?
I had a really good day today and I am so grateful to God for it.
We were supposed to get rain and snow, starting at noon. So far, nothing. Now snow is predicted to start around midnght.
zerosum

United States

#68900 Mar 22, 2013
Rule your mind or it will rule you.

*** Horace ***
Marley

New Castle, PA

#68901 Mar 22, 2013
Murph wrote:
Hey Allbodies! I hope you are enjoying a nice evening.
((Marley)) Are you home yet? Did you find a Gladys Tabor book?
I had a really good day today and I am so grateful to God for it.
We were supposed to get rain and snow, starting at noon. So far, nothing. Now snow is predicted to start around midnght.
Good morning all.

No Gladys Tabor books. He said he used to have them. He said younger people don't know of them, and only two of her books are still in print.
We have 29 for a temp., 3 inches of new snow, and NO sun. blahh
I had to come home sooner than I had wanted to, as I noticed the passenger side front tire seemed low on air. I didn't want to push my luck. I didn't get the birthday cards, and didn't drive to Lowe's.
What are your plans for the day?
Marley

New Castle, PA

#68902 Mar 22, 2013
zerosum wrote:
Rule your mind or it will rule you.
*** Horace ***
Hello Zee!
Marley

New Castle, PA

#68903 Mar 22, 2013
Apparently the Piss-ants feel that it is springtime, as an entire brigade (marching to tiny unheard drums) are emerging from a piece of window trim over the kitchen sink.
They invade somewhere in this house every year.
I found them last nite wandering everywhere over the counter top! surprising and gross!
I put out Terro for them. thank goodness They love that stuff! It won't be long and they will march no more! "Heheheeee" < That's my evil chuckle!
Marley

New Castle, PA

#68904 Mar 22, 2013
I hope life hands everyone a special little something today!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68905 Mar 22, 2013
Good morning Zerosum, Marley and Allbodies. I hope yur day is good.

Zero--Long time no see. Where you Bin??

Marley--I am amazed that two Tabor books are still in print. She has been gone a Long time.

We didn't get a speck of snow or a drop of rain!

“Cardinals”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#68906 Mar 22, 2013
Good evening, and pardon my interruption. Some of you may know a poster by the name of ArtGal. she passed away in the wee hours of this morning. If any could be so kind as to share a prayer for her family, it would be much appreciated. Thank you
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68907 Mar 22, 2013
covcas wrote:
Good evening, and pardon my interruption. Some of you may know a poster by the name of ArtGal. she passed away in the wee hours of this morning. If any could be so kind as to share a prayer for her family, it would be much appreciated. Thank you
I read that, Covcas. I had told several family members about her and they have been praying for her. We all cried when I told them.
You folks are having a beautiful memorial service for her and I am sure her family appreciates that greatly.
That was Some Spirit that woman showed. I think she was enormously admired by everyone who ever read her posts.
My prayers go out to her family, and I am so glad they are all together.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68908 Mar 23, 2013
My prayers go out to ArtGal and her family and to her poster friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 31 min ANGHARAD 498,024
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min John Galt 1,232,042
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,456
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) 2 hr usherhollens 17
CAUTION! Before hiring lawfirm of Morgan & Morg... (Mar '10) 4 hr msb 50
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 6 hr Doug77 9,333
last post wins! (Jul '11) 8 hr Concerned_American 5,715
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]