“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68806 Mar 14, 2013
Or we could just call it 3 Hot Messes!
Murph wrote:
Liz, you and Marley and I will have to have a fashion show. We will call it, Real Women of 2013.
OK--I am only half a woman now. We will call it 2 1/2 Women.
Maggie McGee

Windsor, Canada

#68807 Mar 14, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey MaggieMac. Good to see you! Careful. Murph is about to go clickity click.
Looks like you are on a good streak with Bingo! Are you still doing WW? I'm trying to get back on track, but .....
Hey Snarky......got a lull for a few minutes at work so stopped in here for a bit since my computer at home takes forever to do anything....*s*

Yep, still doing W.W......I have not missed a weigh in since I started....however, I haven't really been trying....which really sucks!!! Once I fall off it is so hard for me to get back on track.....I have managed to maintain but I swear I am not going to give up...at least not yet lol
Maggie McGee

Windsor, Canada

#68808 Mar 14, 2013
Good afternoon ladies.....just a quick drop-in to say "HI"

I haven't had a chance to read back since last week....hope everyone is doing good.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68809 Mar 14, 2013
LizW wrote:
Or we could just call it 3 Hot Messes!<quoted text>
There ya go!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68810 Mar 14, 2013
Maggie McGee wrote:
Good afternoon ladies.....just a quick drop-in to say "HI"
I haven't had a chance to read back since last week....hope everyone is doing good.
Good to see you,Maggie. Have you won Us any road trip money yet???

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68811 Mar 15, 2013
Good Morning All

Don't forget to wish Tribe a Happy Birthday.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#68812 Mar 15, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is good.
Tribe, your son is in my prayers and will be when I pray at noon.
Have you ever tried this for shortcake==I read this in a Gladys Tabor book long ago.
Make the shortcake with Bisquick, just like you were making biscuits,only add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the mix. Drop on a cookie sheet, smack them fairly thin, butter the top of one, put another on top of it. When they are done, you can lift the top one and put strawberries on it, put the top back on and add more strawberries. Serve while the shortcake is warm and the strawberries are room temperature.
I also read once, in Galloping Gourmet, that if you add a teensy bit of cayenne pepper to the strawberries, it will bring out the strawberry flavor. I have never tried this.
Thank you Murph! I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

I haven't ever tried, but does sound interesting. I'm trying to watch my weight, fat, sugar and calories. It's funny I'm craving sweets though. I never have! I am using sugar substitute, fat-free and wholegrain, also low-sodium, so I hope it makes a different. I'm also trying to watch my portion control. I think that is my biggest problem.

I just made a Banana Pudding a couple of days ago with everything either sugar-free, fat-free etc. I have to say it was excellent. I think all of those sugar free, fat-free products must be improved because when I was younger I hated them.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68813 Mar 15, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Don't forget to wish Tribe a Happy Birthday.
;-) You bad girl! Thank you Liz!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68814 Mar 15, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Jason was trapped in the car, which caught on fire. He had to have a leg amputated, and Lots of skin grafting.
His father is disabled and his mother lost her job before the accident. He was in the hospital in Springfield,MO. The wonderful kids at his high school raised $12,000.00, so the family could stay over there with him. The community raised a lot of money, also, the the paper never said how much.
I am sure, if Jason is going to be able to use a prosthetic, these awesome kids will raise money for that.
Bless his heart! Jason sounds like he has some very special friends. There ARE a lot of good kids left in this world. God bless them too!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68815 Mar 15, 2013
LizW wrote:
Amen
Thank you Sweet Lady!

<3
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68817 Mar 15, 2013
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Tribe Mom
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Murphy and Little Marley and Misty and Molly say Happy Birthdy, too.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68818 Mar 15, 2013
Good morning, Tribe and Liz and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great day.
It is beautiful here, supposed to get in the low 70's I think.

I really flucked myself up yesterday. I got my bad leg out of the tub just fine but, as I was getting the left leg out, my right knee gave, just enough to make me catch the top of my foot on the rim of the tub. I plunged forward, threw my hands out and my right hand hit the toilet lid and skidded across it. By then, I had righted myself, but I had pulled every muscle in my body.
I went on to therapy. Hand therapy was first and, by the time I had sat there for an hour doing hand therapy, I stiffened up like rigor mortis had set in. They worked with my muscles a lot in back therapy, said they hoped they weren't making it worse. They must have helped me because it isn't too bad today.

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#68819 Mar 15, 2013
Amen.

Level 4

Location hidden

#68820 Mar 15, 2013
Tribe--Each situation is unique.
We are fragile.
I am praying for you.

Robert Service is one of my favorite poets. Here's the last lines of a good one --just let it go--for your B-day:

My pipe is out, my glass is dry;
My fire is almost ashes too;
But once again, before you go,
And I prepare to meet the New:
Old Year! a parting word that's true,
For we've been comrades, you and I --
I thank God for each day of you;
There! bless you now! Old Year, good-bye!

-Robert Service

Level 4

Location hidden

#68821 Mar 15, 2013
"You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.
-Ken Kesey

Level 4

Location hidden

#68822 Mar 15, 2013
Did Snarky ever find a good pair of shoes?

Level 4

Location hidden

#68823 Mar 15, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Tribe and Liz and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great day.
It is beautiful here, supposed to get in the low 70's I think.
I really flucked myself up yesterday. I got my bad leg out of the tub just fine but, as I was getting the left leg out, my right knee gave, just enough to make me catch the top of my foot on the rim of the tub. I plunged forward, threw my hands out and my right hand hit the toilet lid and skidded across it. By then, I had righted myself, but I had pulled every muscle in my body.
I went on to therapy. Hand therapy was first and, by the time I had sat there for an hour doing hand therapy, I stiffened up like rigor mortis had set in. They worked with my muscles a lot in back therapy, said they hoped they weren't making it worse. They must have helped me because it isn't too bad today.
The tub was supposed to be an answer! We need to get you some unslippery stuff in the bathroom. I'll go shopping. We'll have you all blinged up with the latest tacky gluey stuff that will catch you rather than let you slip. We need a patent on it. Any money left in the till? I hope you are feeling better.

How's Jean?

Level 4

Location hidden

#68824 Mar 15, 2013
Marley--we need a grand story from your Monty.
Beat-we need starry news.

Lil'one didn't want to eat his broccoli last night. He had to sit on the couch (no tv) and think about the cookies we were going to make for 4 minutes, and then decide if he wanted cookies. If so, he had to eat his broccoli. He ate his broccoli. MSB ate her broccoli without a fuss, but she wanted to eat ALL the cookies and pouted when she was told she could only have a couple. Poop. If we was at Grandma's house, it would have been cookies for everyone, broccoli or not. lol

I'm going to go out and look at the moon. I'll see you all there.

HUGS!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68825 Mar 15, 2013
Florida Night Shift wrote:
<quoted text>
The tub was supposed to be an answer! We need to get you some unslippery stuff in the bathroom. I'll go shopping. We'll have you all blinged up with the latest tacky gluey stuff that will catch you rather than let you slip. We need a patent on it. Any money left in the till? I hope you are feeling better.
How's Jean?
I didn't slip--my bad knee was already out of the tub aand buckled just enough that the top of the foot that was just exiting, tripped on the lip of the tub. This was my regular tub because I was in a hurry to get ready for therapy and didn't want to wait for 65 gallons of water to fill the walk-in.(It only takes 3 to 4 minutes, but Still!

We won't have any money in the till until Maggie Wins. I think, after she wins, we should do a road trip first, then invest the rest of Our winnings in inventions. I just know we are going to make it big one day!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68826 Mar 15, 2013
Florida Night Shift wrote:
<quoted text>
How's Jean?
I wish they didn't always make Jean's follow-up appointments so far from when she is dismissed. She wasn't feeling well last night and is horribly weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Bluestater 1,232,311
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 34 min AN is mr 498,065
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,482
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr texas pete 17,829
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 12,557
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr LizW 18,167
two words (Jul '10) 6 hr CJ Rocker 27,257
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]