Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68721 Mar 5, 2013
Murph wrote:
It is 67 degrees here today and I want so much to be out weeding around my Purple Croci (crocus-esses).
I did go out to the farm store after therapy to look at fencing for the dogs. It is on sale, 25% off.
My wonderful youngest son just brought me home made pizza, Caesar salad and cottage cheese. Just when I was planning to microwave my Braum's Jr Burger from lunch.
Wow 67*? Wow. LOL, I feel like it may never get above freezing again.

No doubt you will be weeding your garden soon. Your challenge will be how to do it without increasing your pain in the process. Maybe taking a wristwatch and lawnchair out with you. Work for five minutes, then sit down and enjoy the sky and trees for five minutes.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68722 Mar 5, 2013
snarky wrote:
(((Marley)))
I found shoe inserts made especially for folks with PF. Walgreens -- with the Dr. Schols stuff.$10.00. I tried them yesterday. They really seem to help. Today at work will be the test.
Let me know how they worked?
I've been wearing a pair of black Nike tennis shoes in the house. I must say my feet do feel better with them on, and warmer too.
Words can't describe the beauty of wearing pretty cream brush back satin Jammies and BLACK TENNIS SHOES!
@@!
I guess there will be no more shuffling round in my jammies.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68723 Mar 5, 2013
Dang it!
The sun just went away.
Weather man says rain and snow mix expected this afternoon. BUT...
I just heard the weather man say it may get up to 45* degrees on Saturday! Yippeeeee

Have a good afternoon gals!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68724 Mar 5, 2013
Marley wrote:
Dang it!
The sun just went away.
Weather man says rain and snow mix expected this afternoon. BUT...
I just heard the weather man say it may get up to 45* degrees on Saturday! Yippeeeee
Have a good afternoon gals!
It is sunny here, but only 39 degrees. I liked yesterday better.

Pam did the bandaging, as the doctor told her. It worked on one leg but not the other. Yesterday he told her to go to compression hose and see if they help. I want her to get rid of the swelling, but I was also hoping that the doctor would be able to figure out what Caused it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68726 Mar 5, 2013
Talked to Jean. She is happy to be home. Still vry tired, of course,and recovering.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#68729 Mar 7, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tribe.
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I've not been in your shoes, so I can only imagine the heartbreak.
I saw Dr. Drew talking to/about family members. He strongly urged them to attend Al-a-non (?). He said family members "dance with the devil" and these groups are a great help to them. That has always stuck with me -- maybe to pass along to someone in need.
Good luck. We are here for you if you need us.
Thank you Snarky! I intend on finding a group soon. I attended an Al-A-Non or Narcotics Anonymous meeting at a Catholic Church with my sister a few years ago as were both needing to and, at the time, I thought she would go if I went with her. It wasn't a good fit for either of us, but I've heard sometime you need to find the right group where you feel comfortable. Thank you for your thoughts.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68730 Mar 7, 2013
Murph wrote:
Talked to Jean. She is happy to be home. Still vry tired, of course,and recovering.
I hope Jean continues to rest and get better. Of course, there is no place like home. Jeanie, hope you take all the time you need and get yourself back in the best shape you can. May God put His healing hand on your body and see you through this trying time. In His Son's Precious and Holy name. Amen.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68731 Mar 7, 2013
Good Morning Tribe, Liz, and Allbodies

Today we have no sun, and snow, on the weather menu!
AAaauuggghhhh! I've had my fill!

Watched some of Jodi Arias trial yesterday, I had to quit watching her. What is up with that girls face? Did she have Botox treatments or something? She shows very littl emotions, good, or bad. She did look as though she was enjoying being the center of attention tooooo much. She looks like an evil spider peering out from under her stringy bangs with those beady dark eyes. I'm sure if she had had time she would have strung Travis up in a web. Did anyone else hear that they think she drug him into the shower and washed the blood off his body?
In spite of the horror she inflicted on him, I doubt that the jury will give her death.

Guess I better get busy, I noticed some shockingly thick dust on the baseboards. How does that happen?

Have a good day.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68732 Mar 7, 2013
How is EVERY BODY feeling today?
How are you doing Jean?
Wishing all of you well.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68733 Mar 7, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope Jean continues to rest and get better. Of course, there is no place like home. Jeanie, hope you take all the time you need and get yourself back in the best shape you can. May God put His healing hand on your body and see you through this trying time. In His Son's Precious and Holy name. Amen.
Tribe,
I talked to Jean for a few minutes this evening, she wanted me to tell you Thank you for the prayers. Jean says she is pretty weak, and breathing is difficult. She said it will probably take her a week or so before she feels like posting again.

Thanks again, we are wishing the best for you also.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68734 Mar 7, 2013
(((((((Murphy Girl?))))))
Hoping you are O.K.!
Lots of love to you.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68735 Mar 7, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Tribe,
I talked to Jean for a few minutes this evening, she wanted me to tell you Thank you for the prayers. Jean says she is pretty weak, and breathing is difficult. She said it will probably take her a week or so before she feels like posting again.
Thanks again, we are wishing the best for you also.
YW Marley and thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. I will continue to pray for Jean. I have asthma. I don't suffer from it as bad as I did years ago, but it is the scariest feeling in the world to not be able to get your breath. God bless Jean!

Thank you for your wishes.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#68738 Mar 9, 2013
Good morning, allbodies.

Is Murph AWOL? Ha! I think I will clickity click her azz.

Marley, I know you guys have to be sick to death of the white stuff! Seems like that part of the country has had more than their share this year!

You found dust in your house? Not me. Nope. Denial is a wonderful thing. No dust here. The robins are still here. They should be headed your way soon.

Tribe, nice to see you. I hope your world rights itself soon!!!!

They started something new here. Friday night Farmer's Market. They are trying it because they say folks that work can't make it to the big one on Wednesday mornings.(true enough)

Hubby and I went last night. They blocked off an alley downtown and the vendors set up in the alley. They put in overhead lighting, but it was still a little tricky to pick produce. There was not a huge selection, but everything there was locally grown and organic. There was even locally produced honey. Hubby spent about an hour chatting with the bee keeper. They opened up one of the warehouses and had free zumba classes. All in all it was a fun evening.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#68739 Mar 9, 2013
Hi Snarky,

Sounds like you and hubby had a fun evening. When you see this post can you please PM me.

Thanks.
snarky wrote:
Good morning, allbodies.
Marley, I know you guys have to be sick to death of the white stuff! Seems like that part of the country has had more than their share this year!
You found dust in your house? Not me. Nope. Denial is a wonderful thing. No dust here. The robins are still here. They should be headed your way soon.
They started something new here. Friday night Farmer's Market. They are trying it because they say folks that work can't make it to the big one on Wednesday mornings.(true enough)
Hubby and I went last night. They blocked off an alley downtown and the vendors set up in the alley. They put in overhead lighting, but it was still a little tricky to pick produce. There was not a huge selection, but everything there was locally grown and organic. There was even locally produced honey. Hubby spent about an hour chatting with the bee keeper. They opened up one of the warehouses and had free zumba classes. All in all it was a fun evening.

Level 4

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#68740 Mar 9, 2013
Good morning everyone.....

Boy, it sure has been a long time since I have been here......my computer is garbage but I can't afford to get a new one right now.

I have read back a number of pages trying to catch up with what you guys have been up to.......seems like it has been a bit of a rough winter for all of us.

Jean....I sure hope you are feeling better. I hope your strength returns quickly....take it slow and easy. And damnit give up those cigarettes....*s*

Murph, what is going on with you....I guess I didn't read back far enough....I have read though that you have a friend that comes over and does a lot of things for you in the house.....is this all to do with the trouble you have with your hands or is it your back....I did read that you were out shovelling snow at 2 a.m......are you NUTS!!!! Jean needs to get well real fast so she has the strength to BIP you.

Snarky, sorry to read about the trouble you are having with your feet....I hate shopping for shoes...actually I don't shop for them at all....lol I need to go and get new running shoes now...but I know I am going to go get another pair of New Balance...I have a hard time with shoes....I really can't wear loafers or anything else...just doesn't seem to be enough support and my ankles are not that great.

Marley, I am soooo sick of winter....what the hell happened to an early spring?? Actually, it is suppose to be 51 either today or tomorrow and in the 40's all of next week....FINALLY!!!!
I'm also hooked on the Arias trial....what a physco bitch!!! She better not walk the way that Casey did....this chick is really scary!!

I had a good weekend at bingo last week....on Saturady I went in the morning and won the jackpot for $1,000 which was awesome because I went by myself and didn't have to split with one of my kids....then my daughter and I went on Sunday and damn, I won the super jackpot for $1,200.00.....split that with my daughter but that was okay....*s*

Murph

Wichita, KS

#68741 Mar 9, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. It is so wonderful to see y'all posting. I still have to read back a little.
Snarky--please don't clickity-click my azz. I bin sick. I needed red socks. I am better today.

Way to go Maggie!!!!! Remember-the Next Jackpot= Roadtrip. I am so ready for a road trip.

It is 57 degrees here and climbing. I think it is supposed to get to mid-60's, then rain.

SNarky, that evening farmer's market sounds wonderful. We have them on Tuesdays and Saturdays but, by the time I remember, it is too late to go. People bring lots of stuff other than produce. Home made cinnamon rolls, cookies, jams, jellies, etc.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68742 Mar 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
(((((((Murphy Girl?))))))
Hoping you are O.K.!
Lots of love to you.
Hey, Lady. I am much better today. The RA kicked my butt for 8 days--lungs, stomach, colon --it was trying to kill me.
Today my son stopped by to see what I wanted him to get at the farm store and I picked up a pen and wrote the list. Not the Best writing, but I haven't been able to hold a pen for a long time.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68743 Mar 9, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
YW Marley and thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. I will continue to pray for Jean. I have asthma. I don't suffer from it as bad as I did years ago, but it is the scariest feeling in the world to not be able to get your breath. God bless Jean!
Thank you for your wishes.
Have a good week end T.
We are supposed to warm up tomorrow into the mid 50's with sunshine.
Hurrah!
Sending healing wishes to Shuaws Mom too.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68744 Mar 9, 2013
snarky wrote:
Good morning, allbodies.
Haha Clickity click her asz once for me too!
Friday night Farmer's Market sounds fun, I'd go to that for sure!
I was eyeballing a cannon ball sized seedless watermelon at Wally until I read the label and found it was shipped in from Mexico. Most all the tomatoes, lettuce, etc. up here are shipped in from Mexico too. I won't buy them either!
I'd love a good homegrown salad!
How is your heel? Did the shoe insert help?
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68745 Mar 9, 2013
Maggie McGee wrote:
Good morning everyone.....
Boy, it sure has been a long time since I have been here......my computer is garbage but I can't afford to get a new one right now.
I have read back a number of pages trying to catch up with what you guys have been up to.......seems like it has been a bit of a rough winter for all of us.
Jean....I sure hope you are feeling better. I hope your strength returns quickly....take it slow and easy. And damnit give up those cigarettes....*s*
Murph, what is going on with you....I guess I didn't read back far enough....I have read though that you have a friend that comes over and does a lot of things for you in the house.....is this all to do with the trouble you have with your hands or is it your back....I did read that you were out shovelling snow at 2 a.m......are you NUTS!!!! Jean needs to get well real fast so she has the strength to BIP you.
Snarky, sorry to read about the trouble you are having with your feet....I hate shopping for shoes...actually I don't shop for them at all....lol I need to go and get new running shoes now...but I know I am going to go get another pair of New Balance...I have a hard time with shoes....I really can't wear loafers or anything else...just doesn't seem to be enough support and my ankles are not that great.
Marley, I am soooo sick of winter....what the hell happened to an early spring?? Actually, it is suppose to be 51 either today or tomorrow and in the 40's all of next week....FINALLY!!!!
I'm also hooked on the Arias trial....what a physco bitch!!! She better not walk the way that Casey did....this chick is really scary!!
I had a good weekend at bingo last week....on Saturady I went in the morning and won the jackpot for $1,000 which was awesome because I went by myself and didn't have to split with one of my kids....then my daughter and I went on Sunday and damn, I won the super jackpot for $1,200.00.....split that with my daughter but that was okay....*s*
Good to see you Maggie, I've been wondering where you've been.
Sounds like you and your family are having some fun and staying healthy.
I'm so glad you won the Bingo Jackpot! I hope you win again real soon, maybe you can get another computer.
Supposed to be warmer tomorrow here too! Hopefully warmer days are just around the corner for us.
Remember to Spring ahead tomorrow night.
Easter is coming up fast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min IBdaMann 57,165
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min RoxLo 1,345,894
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 45 min Murphey_Lie 509,575
Dangerous Jewish Walt Disney Company -Nobody Is... (Nov '11) 1 hr Maverick 808 19
Bored in Orlando? Here's A Thing To Do Today... 5 hr Price4limo 2
United air temp is a scam!! 13 hr Jackie 3
Hillary Clinton Changes From Didn't Do It to Ev... 16 hr Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages