|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning, allbodies.

I get to buy all new shoes today.:)

Of course they will probably all be ugly but comfy. I think my stiletto days are over. Of course, those days have been over for years, but I figured I could have worn them if I wanted to. Now I can't wear them at all.

I will draw the line at shoes with ripple soles.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning Snarky,
Thanks for the well wishes on my foot, how is yours doing? do you have a spur?

No heel spur is bothering me, thank goodness!

Good luck with the shoe shopping. I hope you can find some appealing,...yet comfortable shoes. Do not buy tennis shoes with velcro closures. You are not old enough for those!
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a flock (group? gaggle?) of fat 'n sassy robins getting ready to head your way. Where ever they spent the winter must have had a nice buffet, cuz they sure are plump.
I'm looking forward to their arrival! We need some birdsong!
I wonder if anyone has ever figured out how many days it takes for them to bet back? Wonder what Comfort Inn they stay in?
:)
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning everyone.

Any good news about Pam?
We have another cold, 27* sunless day with a dusting of snow. It's been this way ALL WEEK.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning, Snarky, Marley, and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sonic Saturday.

It was that way here yesterday, Marley. Cloudy, 31 degrees and little snow flurries a couple of times.

Last night Pam said that her doctor had gone over the latest lab work and didn't find any infection or liver damage. Her legs and feet are too swollen for compression hose, so he told her to get bandages and wrap them, 3 hours on, then two hours off. If it isn't better by Monday morning, he wants her to come in for a CT scan to see whether scar tissue might be the problem.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Marley wrote:
Good morning Snarky,
Thanks for the well wishes on my foot, how is yours doing? do you have a spur?
No heel spur is bothering me, thank goodness!
Good luck with the shoe shopping. I hope you can find some appealing,...yet comfortable shoes. Do not buy tennis shoes with velcro closures. You are not old enough for those!
Now you just hurt my fillin's. The hand therapist told me to bring in my tennis shoes and there are velcro inserts that she can put in, so they still looked laced, but can be slipped on when my fingers won't do laces. Ima tell her I am Not Old Enough for those.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Guess you were never able to cut her hair? That's kind of thing that stays with you -- for life. lol
No. Never got my hands on a pair of scissors for two or three years after that because my grandmother knew exactly what I would do with them.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Dear Lord. I have never seen such ugly-a$$ shoes in my life! Most of the stores had nothing but $lut looking shoes. They should have included a pole with them. The only other choice was old lady shoes (even some with velcro). Some of the old lady shoes had zippers. I guess that's supposed to make us look cool.

Found a pair of Grasshoppers, but they only came in suede and they didn't have my size. I don't think suede is a wise choice since it rains everyday in the spring/summer.

This sucks because barefoot isn't an option.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you just hurt my fillin's. The hand therapist told me to bring in my tennis shoes and there are velcro inserts that she can put in, so they still looked laced, but can be slipped on when my fingers won't do laces. Ima tell her I am Not Old Enough for those.
lol, At least they will still LOOK laced up. That's what counts.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Never got my hands on a pair of scissors for two or three years after that because my grandmother knew exactly what I would do with them.
Smart grandma!

I'll be keeping Pam in my thoughts and well wishes.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
Dear Lord. I have never seen such ugly-a$$ shoes in my life! Most of the stores had nothing but $lut looking shoes. They should have included a pole with them. The only other choice was old lady shoes (even some with velcro). Some of the old lady shoes had zippers. I guess that's supposed to make us look cool.
Found a pair of Grasshoppers, but they only came in suede and they didn't have my size. I don't think suede is a wise choice since it rains everyday in the spring/summer.
Maybe a J.C. Penney catalogue would have a better selection?
How does your foot feel after walking so much this morning?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
I noticed that when I was looking for shoes for the wedding. Lots of slut shoes out there.
My dress came today. It is So ugly! It looked so pretty on the screen. I haven't had the heart to try it on.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I've been sitting here, just as bored and lonely as the Maytag man. I went back and read some posts from Chat. Tribe Mom suggested googling, Bill Gekas photographer.((((Thank You Tribe!)))))
Please check out his gallery of pictures with his daughter. She reminds me a bit of Lindsay. I think my fav. is his "Girl with Pearl" They are all so adorable it is hard to choose.
Thanks again Ms. Tribe, and you make me remember an old "worried sick" path with my #2 son. You are doing the right thing sweetie. I am sure he will emerge to be one of your greatest joys! Mine gave me a lot of gray hair, and now gives us great company, and much happiness. I wish the same for you and your hubbie.
I hope you see this. I don't want to disrupt you guys again. You ladies are dealing with some sad difficult times.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that when I was looking for shoes for the wedding. Lots of slut shoes out there.
My dress came today. It is So ugly! It looked so pretty on the screen. I haven't had the heart to try it on.
OH MERCY! I haven't looked for new shoes in so long? What if I don't recognize slut shoes? Lol, What do they look like?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

PrayerRquest:
Please pray for Jean She was taken to the hospital yesterday. They determined that she has pnuemonia. This morning, she was having chest pains, so they put her in ICU.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
PrayerRquest:
Please pray for Jean She was taken to the hospital yesterday. They determined that she has pnuemonia. This morning, she was having chest pains, so they put her in ICU.
you have it. I'm breathing with her.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
you have it. I'm breathing with her.
We need to pray for her, breahe with her, and go Bip her for continuing to smoke after the last two scares.
Ima saddle up ol' Clyde right now and go nag at her.

Please pray.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
Hey, Dillard's has a sale 40% off the already reduced price. I think it goes through tomorrow. You might be able to find some shoes online. My daughter says that, in their stores, their shoe sales are usually Big. I just looked at what came up when I clicked on my email. They were Ugly, but if you go to their site, they might have Lots of shoes.

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to pray for her, breahe with her, and go Bip her for continuing to smoke after the last two scares.
Ima saddle up ol' Clyde right now and go nag at her.
Please pray.
Praying now.

Send her lots of IL love, please.

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Snarky showed up with red socks for Jean.
That's a good thing. She helped me remember about the power of the red socks.

I was thinking that Snarky could wear just her socks instead of shoes, because we're all shoe shopping for snarks, but sending those to Jean is what we need.

Ask - no--TELL Marie to grab a pair, or send them through the phone lines if you have to--

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 20 min _Zoey_ 17,053
The alphabet (Jun '06) 22 min _Zoey_ 1,028
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,083,777
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 484,393
Hey FBI Would Disney and Orange Co Fl Sheriffs ... (Sep '10) 3 hr KillThem 12
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr Space Shrinker 2,932
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••