Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Marley wrote:
Oh I forgot to tell ya'll about little Monty.
He was the only kid in his class that could do chin ups in gym class. That's good for him but is pretty sad for the other kids that they haven't been playing hard enough to develop muscles.
Back when I was a kid, I think almost all the boys and girls could do at least two or three chin ups.
It is written in my baby book, in what appears to be my aunt's handwriting: Can chin herself on the kitchen sink. Age 3.
I sort of remember doing that. It was about that time my sister persueded me that we should cut each other's hair. Of course, she would be the first cutter. She chopped the hell out of my hair and I went running for the bathroom mirror. "Do I look like a boy?" My grandmother neary fainted. Of course, she wasn't listening to the argument that, since I let my sister cut my hair, it was only fair that I get to cut hers. My sister had these long, blond, Shirley Temple curls and I was sick and tired of hearing everybody rave over them.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Marley--Are ou home yet? Did the pain pill knock you out?(Lord, I wish I could find apill that would knock me out!)

Missing Red socks!

Jean, I hope your computer is not giving you a hard time again.
Allbodies--I sure would appreciate a prayer for my cousin, Pam.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

I lived! I didn't groan out loud!
Dr. gave me the shot in the low side of my heel.
It definitely hurt but not as bad as the last shot which was in the bottom of my heel.
I was so relieved to have it over and done, that I actually felt faint.
I fell asleep in the car, and slept almost all night. So far the pain in foot is almost gone. Thank Heaven! I won't know for sure until I have to walk on it for several hours.

Murph? Is cousin Pams R A still giving her problems?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Marley wrote:
I lived! I didn't groan out loud!
Dr. gave me the shot in the low side of my heel.
It definitely hurt but not as bad as the last shot which was in the bottom of my heel.
I was so relieved to have it over and done, that I actually felt faint.
I fell asleep in the car, and slept almost all night. So far the pain in foot is almost gone. Thank Heaven! I won't know for sure until I have to walk on it for several hours.
Murph? Is cousin Pams R A still giving her problems?
I am So glad you got some relief, and I hope it lasts forever.

My mule-headed cousin won't even get tested to see if she has RA. What scares me most right now is that her legs and feet swelled terribly and stayed that way. She went to the doctor. He put her on Lasix. No more running to the bathroom than usual, which she says is not much. She double and triple her fluids, still no difference in trips to the potty. It scares me to death.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Marley wrote:
So did the boyds return to Kansas Capistrano?
There is a flock (group? gaggle?) of fat 'n sassy robins getting ready to head your way. Where ever they spent the winter must have had a nice buffet, cuz they sure are plump.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Marley wrote:
I just took half of one of Bears pain pills, I'll take the other half before we go out the door for my appointment. I hope I don't slur my words at the dr. office. I still can't believe that I've been such a wimp about this. It probably won't even hurt at all today,.....then I'll feel like a bigger NUT than I already am!!
lol
@@!
I hope you get last relief! Do you have bone spurs?

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Marley wrote:
wow, a disagree over puppies and babies?
Jit must be very blue today. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you Jit.
I don't think Jit is blue. I think Jit is a nut case.

Who doesn't like puppies and babies?

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written in my baby book, in what appears to be my aunt's handwriting: Can chin herself on the kitchen sink. Age 3.
I sort of remember doing that. It was about that time my sister persueded me that we should cut each other's hair. Of course, she would be the first cutter. She chopped the hell out of my hair and I went running for the bathroom mirror. "Do I look like a boy?" My grandmother neary fainted. Of course, she wasn't listening to the argument that, since I let my sister cut my hair, it was only fair that I get to cut hers. My sister had these long, blond, Shirley Temple curls and I was sick and tired of hearing everybody rave over them.
That's funny. Guess you were never able to cut her hair? That's kind of thing that stays with you -- for life. lol

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning, allbodies.

I get to buy all new shoes today.:)

Of course they will probably all be ugly but comfy. I think my stiletto days are over. Of course, those days have been over for years, but I figured I could have worn them if I wanted to. Now I can't wear them at all.

I will draw the line at shoes with ripple soles.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning Snarky,
Thanks for the well wishes on my foot, how is yours doing? do you have a spur?

No heel spur is bothering me, thank goodness!

Good luck with the shoe shopping. I hope you can find some appealing,...yet comfortable shoes. Do not buy tennis shoes with velcro closures. You are not old enough for those!
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a flock (group? gaggle?) of fat 'n sassy robins getting ready to head your way. Where ever they spent the winter must have had a nice buffet, cuz they sure are plump.
I'm looking forward to their arrival! We need some birdsong!
I wonder if anyone has ever figured out how many days it takes for them to bet back? Wonder what Comfort Inn they stay in?
:)
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning everyone.

Any good news about Pam?
We have another cold, 27* sunless day with a dusting of snow. It's been this way ALL WEEK.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Good morning, Snarky, Marley, and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sonic Saturday.

It was that way here yesterday, Marley. Cloudy, 31 degrees and little snow flurries a couple of times.

Last night Pam said that her doctor had gone over the latest lab work and didn't find any infection or liver damage. Her legs and feet are too swollen for compression hose, so he told her to get bandages and wrap them, 3 hours on, then two hours off. If it isn't better by Monday morning, he wants her to come in for a CT scan to see whether scar tissue might be the problem.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Marley wrote:
Good morning Snarky,
Thanks for the well wishes on my foot, how is yours doing? do you have a spur?
No heel spur is bothering me, thank goodness!
Good luck with the shoe shopping. I hope you can find some appealing,...yet comfortable shoes. Do not buy tennis shoes with velcro closures. You are not old enough for those!
Now you just hurt my fillin's. The hand therapist told me to bring in my tennis shoes and there are velcro inserts that she can put in, so they still looked laced, but can be slipped on when my fingers won't do laces. Ima tell her I am Not Old Enough for those.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Guess you were never able to cut her hair? That's kind of thing that stays with you -- for life. lol
No. Never got my hands on a pair of scissors for two or three years after that because my grandmother knew exactly what I would do with them.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Dear Lord. I have never seen such ugly-a$$ shoes in my life! Most of the stores had nothing but $lut looking shoes. They should have included a pole with them. The only other choice was old lady shoes (even some with velcro). Some of the old lady shoes had zippers. I guess that's supposed to make us look cool.

Found a pair of Grasshoppers, but they only came in suede and they didn't have my size. I don't think suede is a wise choice since it rains everyday in the spring/summer.

This sucks because barefoot isn't an option.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you just hurt my fillin's. The hand therapist told me to bring in my tennis shoes and there are velcro inserts that she can put in, so they still looked laced, but can be slipped on when my fingers won't do laces. Ima tell her I am Not Old Enough for those.
lol, At least they will still LOOK laced up. That's what counts.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Never got my hands on a pair of scissors for two or three years after that because my grandmother knew exactly what I would do with them.
Smart grandma!

I'll be keeping Pam in my thoughts and well wishes.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
Dear Lord. I have never seen such ugly-a$$ shoes in my life! Most of the stores had nothing but $lut looking shoes. They should have included a pole with them. The only other choice was old lady shoes (even some with velcro). Some of the old lady shoes had zippers. I guess that's supposed to make us look cool.
Found a pair of Grasshoppers, but they only came in suede and they didn't have my size. I don't think suede is a wise choice since it rains everyday in the spring/summer.
Maybe a J.C. Penney catalogue would have a better selection?
How does your foot feel after walking so much this morning?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

snarky wrote:
I noticed that when I was looking for shoes for the wedding. Lots of slut shoes out there.
My dress came today. It is So ugly! It looked so pretty on the screen. I haven't had the heart to try it on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,061 - 68,080 of70,208
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min forks_make_us_fat 1,033,145
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 30 min T-REX 478,181
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 42,916
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Panamaed 2,611
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr King George 95,786
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Princess Hey 877
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 8,923
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr LizW 17,323
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search