zerosum

United States

#68497 Feb 17, 2013
"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."

Michael Jordan
zerosum

United States

#68498 Feb 17, 2013
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we
have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit

Aristotle

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68499 Feb 18, 2013
Good Morning All

Speaking of sister's I think mine is trying to driver me crazy(ier).

My sister is always redecorating her house and when she has something she no longer has use for she hates just to get rid of it so she tries dumping it off on me. She sneaks these things in and I usually come across them when I'm cleaning. Different lamps on my tables, vases, candle holders, etc.

A couple months ago she was telling me about this little chest at her house that she wanted to give me because I always said how much I liked it. I had no clue what she was talking about and when she brought it over I had never seen the thing in my life. It's sitting on a shelf in my den now.

Last week she brings me this pillow case that from the pattern looked like it was from the 1970's. It still looked new, and she was telling me I told her I had one just like it, so she was giving it to me. I was like WTH.

A couple months ago I find this new looking roll on piece of luggage behind my dining room table. I'm wondering where the hell this came from. Both older kids had been over so I questioned them. I even question my ex about it and asked him if he bought it for Noah. No one knew where it came from.

So I put it in the laundry room and forgot about it. I never questioned my sister since she's usually just into home decor items or clothing. Last week she was in the laundry room with me and asked how I liked the roll on bag. She had struck again. She found it discounted at Marshall's and didn't have use for it so decided to give it to me.

I should start frisking her at the door from now on and see what she's trying to sneak in with her.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep--You'll be looking over your shoulder every minute. Then, when you least expect it, BAM. Sisters can be like that.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68500 Feb 18, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
My sister is always redecorating her house and when she has something she no longer has use for she hates just to get rid of it so she tries dumping it off on me. She sneaks these things in and I usually come across them when I'm cleaning. Different lamps on my tables, vases, candle holders, etc.
A couple months ago she was telling me about this little chest at her house that she wanted to give me because I always said how much I liked it. I had no clue what she was talking about and when she brought it over I had never seen the thing in my life. It's sitting on a shelf in my den now.
Last week she brings me this pillow case that from the pattern looked like it was from the 1970's. It still looked new, and she was telling me I told her I had one just like it, so she was giving it to me. I was like WTH.
A couple months ago I find this new looking roll on piece of luggage behind my dining room table. I'm wondering where the hell this came from. Both older kids had been over so I questioned them. I even question my ex about it and asked him if he bought it for Noah. No one knew where it came from.
So I put it in the laundry room and forgot about it. I never questioned my sister since she's usually just into home decor items or clothing. Last week she was in the laundry room with me and asked how I liked the roll on bag. She had struck again. She found it discounted at Marshall's and didn't have use for it so decided to give it to me.
I should start frisking her at the door from now on and see what she's trying to sneak in with her.
<quoted text>
What a great idea. I wish my sister lived closer. I have a whole bunch of goodies that I could gift her with.
I think you probably will have to start frisking her at the door.
I especially the little chest that you admired so much. That is hilarious.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68501 Feb 18, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. It is a nice day here, so far. I thik it is supposed to get to 55 degrees and rain. I have tulips up about 5 inches.

I hope all y'all have a really good day.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68502 Feb 18, 2013
Good morning, my name is Crabby old lady.
I sure hope the rest of you don't have cabin fever as bad as I do.
Dang I've got it bad this year. It is so cold and miserable every flipping day.
The sun was shining this morning, so I felt pretty hopeful until I checked the forecast. Now I'm really bummed out because the prediction is lake effect snow and below freezing temps for the next two weeks. Does any one else get irritated when you hear the furnace click on? I know that probably sounds funny, but it gets on my nerves.:(
I want to be able to throw the windows open and listen to the birds sing.
Well now that I've moaned groaned and complained about it, maybe I can get over it and cheer up.
I guess I'll go grumble off and get another cup of crabby.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68503 Feb 18, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
<quoted text>
lol How does she get that stuff in your house without you seeing it?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68505 Feb 18, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning, my name is Crabby old lady.
I sure hope the rest of you don't have cabin fever as bad as I do.
Dang I've got it bad this year. It is so cold and miserable every flipping day.
The sun was shining this morning, so I felt pretty hopeful until I checked the forecast. Now I'm really bummed out because the prediction is lake effect snow and below freezing temps for the next two weeks. Does any one else get irritated when you hear the furnace click on? I know that probably sounds funny, but it gets on my nerves.:(
I want to be able to throw the windows open and listen to the birds sing.
Well now that I've moaned groaned and complained about it, maybe I can get over it and cheer up.
I guess I'll go grumble off and get another cup of crabby.
It is ok to be crabby when you are dealing with a Looooong winter. Here, we have practically had no winter at all, and we worry that it may come in March and April.

I, too, long to open doors and hear the birds singing. Hang in there--it won't be long.

Maybe make a tard ol' woman cobbler. It will cheer you and Bear both.

Level 3

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#68509 Feb 18, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. It is a nice day here, so far. I thik it is supposed to get to 55 degrees and rain. I have tulips up about 5 inches.
I hope all y'all have a really good day.
It is going to be 70 here tomorrow. We didn't have a freeze like they said.
Going to get my crown bridge tomorrow.
Bonita just fell off her perch. Goofy was messing around her cage and I guess it scared her. I cover her cage with a sheet, but she can see out the bottom. Thank goodness her nails didn't get wrapped around the bars on the bottom of her cage. I am so scared I will hurt pull her nail trying to lift her up.
I a so happy Jean is okay.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68510 Feb 18, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text> It is going to be 70 here tomorrow. We didn't have a freeze like they said.
Going to get my crown bridge tomorrow.
Bonita just fell off her perch. Goofy was messing around her cage and I guess it scared her. I cover her cage with a sheet, but she can see out the bottom. Thank goodness her nails didn't get wrapped around the bars on the bottom of her cage. I am so scared I will hurt pull her nail trying to lift her up.
I a so happy Jean is okay.
I sure wish you the best of luck with the crown bridge.
Does Bonita ever say anything to the dogs? maybe if she said, "Hello" to Goofy, they would become buddies.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68511 Feb 19, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a nice day.
I have therapy at 8AM, and hand therapy at 9 AM.
Good luck today, Shani.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68512 Feb 19, 2013
We had a loud and windy night expected to last through tonight with wind gusts up to 31 mph.-o*
with 1/2 inch snow.

Good luck with appts., Murph and Shani.
Shani, Will you still talk to us poor folk when you become queen of a brige?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68513 Feb 19, 2013
Marley wrote:
We had a loud and windy night expected to last through tonight with wind gusts up to 31 mph.-o*
with 1/2 inch snow.
Good luck with appts., Murph and Shani.
Shani, Will you still talk to us poor folk when you become queen of a brige?
We are supposed to have a snow/ice/wind storm move in tomorrow afternoon and last through Thursday. It is supposed to be much worse about 45 minutes southeast of here.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68514 Feb 20, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph did your storm start yet? I hope you don't have to do any driving while it's nasty out.

It has been a long winter but I'm kind of enjoying it. We haven't had much snow the past few winters so this is kind of a nice change.

Marley my sister has her own key to the house so that's she how pulls most of these capers off. I could go on and on here. There's times I go in my closet and find new clothes with price tags hanging up. She's always findings deals. You know 90% off a dress and then she has a 10.00 coupon so she ends up paying a couple dollars. On the flip side I'll buy something and if she likes it she'll tell me it's all wrong for me, and she takes in home. LOL

Last summer I remodeled my bedroom. She didn't like the lamps I bought ( I loved them and kept telling her that) then for weeks she was texting or emailing me pictures of all these different lamps she thought would look better. I bought cream colored curtains. She was going on that I had too much cream and that blue would look much better. Didn't I come home and my new curtains were replaced with a pair of blue ones she bought. I won that fight and made her take them back down.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68515 Feb 20, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph did your storm start yet? I hope you don't have to do any driving while it's nasty out.
It has been a long winter but I'm kind of enjoying it. We haven't had much snow the past few winters so this is kind of a nice change.
Marley my sister has her own key to the house so that's she how pulls most of these capers off. I could go on and on here. There's times I go in my closet and find new clothes with price tags hanging up. She's always findings deals. You know 90% off a dress and then she has a 10.00 coupon so she ends up paying a couple dollars. On the flip side I'll buy something and if she likes it she'll tell me it's all wrong for me, and she takes in home. LOL
Last summer I remodeled my bedroom. She didn't like the lamps I bought ( I loved them and kept telling her that) then for weeks she was texting or emailing me pictures of all these different lamps she thought would look better. I bought cream colored curtains. She was going on that I had too much cream and that blue would look much better. Didn't I come home and my new curtains were replaced with a pair of blue ones she bought. I won that fight and made her take them back down.
Good morning, Liz and Albodies. I hope your day is good.
Liz, no storm yet. I think it is supposed to start this afternoon. From what I have read, it is going to be really, really bad all around us, and not as bad here. It is 32 degrees right now, and no wind yet. I think wind is supposed to be a big part of ths storm.
Your sister sounds hilarious--she just wants Her idea of what is best for you. My sister is always after me to exercise more, and eat more organic foods. She reads to me A Lot from her health food magazines.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68516 Feb 20, 2013
Now they are reporting that the storm may not start until later this afternoon or evening, and continue through noon tomorrow. We are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow and sleet.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68517 Feb 20, 2013
I found a PURPLE CROCUS in the flower bed by my front door.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68519 Feb 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
Now they are reporting that the storm may not start until later this afternoon or evening, and continue through noon tomorrow. We are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow and sleet.
Wow, Kansas is getting some BIG snow now!
Do you have snowshoes for the dogs?
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68520 Feb 21, 2013
Murph wrote:
I found a PURPLE CROCUS in the flower bed by my front door.
PURPLE CROCUS? How wonderful! You know we all love PURPLE crocus.
Purple crocus usher in the spring.
purple crocus
purple crocus
purple crocus
I hope you get 100 purple crocusssssssssss

couldn't resist :)
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68521 Feb 21, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Kansas is getting some BIG snow now!
Do you have snowshoes for the dogs?
We don't have deep snow here, yet. It is still snowing. Ice is heavy on all the branches and lines.
It was extremely slick this morning and Murphy actually had trouble getting around and almost fell a couple of times. Marley wasn't even aware that there was ice under her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min T-REX 496,291
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min PolakPotrafi 1,219,725
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 10 min bunner 18,086
News Muslim women come together to focus on the impo... (Sep '13) 30 min Islam Forbids 8
News Is President Obama the Worst President in History? (Jun '10) 1 hr Who Guessed it 4,687
Liberal Propaganda of Boy Body Girl Brain Start... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Central Florida holiday bits and bites 2 hr Tazo 3
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]