Wichita, KS

#68419 Feb 9, 2013
damn if i don't feel sorry for myself!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#68420 Feb 9, 2013
Murph I just saw your post and am praying for you right now. Please let us know how you are.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
amen. And thank you, my friend. i am a mess--hair is a mess, need to brush my teeth, need to get into some clothes, need a cup of coffee. i have 3 slightly-working fingers left. on my right hand. can't use my left hand at all. i am left handed. before long, the dogs are going to need to go out and i have no way of getting their leashes on.
the kids' only day to sleep in is saturday, so i hate to wake any of them up. i will probably have to if the pain doesn't let up.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#68421 Feb 9, 2013
10 inches of new snow here.
Your dinner sounds wonderful. Enjoy!
Cajun Queen wrote:
Hi ladies, I hope all of you girls up north are all stocked up and snuggled in,. It's in the 70's down here but were expecting rain Sunday just in time to ruin the mardi gras parades. All the family is coming over for a crab boil tonight with potatoes , corn , whole mushrooms, artichokes, onions and lemons. I am starving! I hope everyone is feeling better!!!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#68422 Feb 9, 2013
Getting ready to go to the children's mardi gras parade this morning, there's 80% chance of rain tomorrow for the big parades.., so we HAVE to go today, just in case. Happy Mardi Gras!
Marley

New Castle, PA

#68425 Feb 9, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
amen. And thank you, my friend. i am a mess--hair is a mess, need to brush my teeth, need to get into some clothes, need a cup of coffee. i have 3 slightly-working fingers left. on my right hand. can't use my left hand at all. i am left handed. before long, the dogs are going to need to go out and i have no way of getting their leashes on.
the kids' only day to sleep in is saturday, so i hate to wake any of them up. i will probably have to if the pain doesn't let up.
I feel so bad for you Murphy girl, your poor body and mind are under SO much stress.
Call for help when you foresee a problem coming up. Remember the less anxious you become, helps to deter inflammation.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68426 Feb 10, 2013
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Jesus,
Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. Oh dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate Murph's worry with your gentle love, and grant her the grace and strength to deal with her illness. Dear God, we place our troubles in your hands. We place Murph under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us.
Amen.
Amen. And thank you! Phil 4:13 is the verse I call upon most often.
I hope you are doing well. My hand and wrist are better, but still woke me up at 3:30 AM.

About 15 years ago, I gave each of my kids a copy of the book, "I Will Love You Forever." Now and then, I would wonder if they ever read the little book, or kept it.
Yesterday, my oldest daughter was here, and youngest son came, bringing me dinner. He said, "I will cut your meat for you, Mom."
Daughter said, "That reminds me of that book,"I Will Love You Forever."
I told her I had wondered if they had actually read the book and both of them assured me that they still had theirs.

I think everyone who has kids should get them that book.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68427 Feb 10, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel so bad for you Murphy girl, your poor body and mind are under SO much stress.
Call for help when you foresee a problem coming up. Remember the less anxious you become, helps to deter inflammation.
I am better, Marley.--Just always assumed that, like my relatives, I would stay healthy and active into my 90's. Becoming semi-helpless was the very last thing I would ever have foreseen. WHen my aunt and uncle were in their 80's, they still had a group of 'old people' that they looked after and took out to dinner.

When my aunt was in her early 80's, she had me rolling one time, telling me about the 3 'older ladies' that she always picked up and drove to the neighboring town, where they all attended some kind of club. She said all 3 were deaf, and all 3 would be talking to her at the same time, not knowing the others were talking to her, too.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68428 Feb 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
Murph I just saw your post and am praying for you right now. Please let us know how you are.<quoted text>
I really appreciate the prayer.
I hope you didn't get any more snow. The last I heard, it was 10 inches there. We haven't got a half inch all winter.--But, we did get some rain yesterday and it is raining now.
My heart goes out to all the people who are without power.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#68429 Feb 10, 2013
Murph I'm glad you're feeling a little better. My boy's wanted me to read them the book I'll love you forever almost every night. We only have one copy and inside my oldest son put all their names on the different pictures.

You lucked out in the snow department this year. The storm wasn't that bad for us. We have about a foot of snow but the roads all seem to be pretty clear.
I'm not sure if you can see my avatar or not but that's what it looked like outside Friday night.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I really appreciate the prayer.
I hope you didn't get any more snow. The last I heard, it was 10 inches there. We haven't got a half inch all winter.--But, we did get some rain yesterday and it is raining now.
My heart goes out to all the people who are without power.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68430 Feb 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
Murph I'm glad you're feeling a little better. My boy's wanted me to read them the book I'll love you forever almost every night. We only have one copy and inside my oldest son put all their names on the different pictures.
You lucked out in the snow department this year. The storm wasn't that bad for us. We have about a foot of snow but the roads all seem to be pretty clear.
I'm not sure if you can see my avatar or not but that's what it looked like outside Friday night. <quoted text>
That is so cool that he put all their names in there. That will be something you will treasure forever.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68431 Feb 10, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sunday. It is sunny here and fairly warm. Suppoed to get to 61 tomorrow.

Tomorrow is youngest son's birthday, but he is adamant that he does not want a party.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

#68432 Feb 10, 2013
Good afternoon, Everyone. I hope you are enjoying your day.
Where did the Red socks go? Where did everyone Go??
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68433 Feb 10, 2013
I'm on it, Murphus. Clyde and I will round them up, one at a time. I'm on it.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

#68434 Feb 10, 2013
I hope so because, no offense, but it is realy boring with just you on here.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68435 Feb 10, 2013
Strange--I was just thinking the same thing.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68440 Feb 10, 2013
zerosum wrote:
Murph, hoping you are feeling better. Still praying for you.
I am grateful for the prayers!
I like your qoutes.
Yes, I am feeling better; had a pretty good day.

Last week I was complaining to my friend that I had some small carpentry jobs and couldn't find anyone to do them. SHe said ask (brother). Her brother builds houses and duplexes to rent. I told her "He wouldn't mass to mess with my piddly stuff."
He called me today and said, "Sis said you had some work that needs taken care of." In 15 minutes, he was at my house. I showed him what needed done and he said he would be here this week to do it!!! What a guy.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68441 Feb 10, 2013
I really can spell quotes.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

#68442 Feb 11, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph I'm glad yesterday was a good day for you..........so is there going to be a Birthday party today or not?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68443 Feb 11, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph I'm glad yesterday was a good day for you..........so is there going to be a Birthday party today or not?
No birthday party and, much as I wanted him to have one, I really am not able to prepare for one. I do have his card and gift ready.
I have not driven my car for almost 3 weeks. It probably feels abandoned!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68444 Feb 11, 2013
Good mornig, Liz and Allbodies. I hope you have a really enjoyabe day.
What are all y'all up to today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Tony Rome 1,115,621
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Brian_G 47,068
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 50 min Bonergram 488,316
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Times are a Changing 17,116
One Word (Jul '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 1,849
The alphabet (Jun '06) 3 hr Princess Hey 1,092
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 11,955
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance